[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: n-kyoto-a-20181109.jpg (447 KB, 2000x1332)
447 KB
447 KB JPG
Yeah, it's that thread again, motherfuckers.

I used to be a weaboo, but now Japan kind of disgusts me. Too westernized.
Last time i was there was 2016 and I have postponed my comeback because i can't figure how to avoid Stacy and Dylan doing a selfie at Senso-Ji and whatnot.

What are the places in Japan that are not ruined yet?
And i don't mean some random farm in the Niigata prefecture. I mean actual places with people like Nagoya or Sapporo maybe...
>>
>>2634146
>What are the places in Japan that are not ruined yet?
Asking this question in the 21st century should be a bannable offense. You could go to the bottom of the mariana trench and still find tourists.
>>
>>2634151
In every country there are cities that don't rely on tourism. Out of those non-touristy city, there's a few that are worth visiting.
>>
>>2634153
Sure, why would I want to share that information on one of the most popular websites on the internet? Especially for one of the "crown jewels" of travel. Bad post, bad thread.
>>
Realize you're the tourist other people are trying to avoid and stop whining.
>>
>how to I go be a tourist at places where there aren't tourists like me ruining them yet?
You people are the most obnoxious faggots alive. Yes, you're so different from the other gaijin. Special, even. Go visit Aokigahara and bring a rope with you.
>>
>>2634146
Doesn't exist. A combination of zoomers becoming completely besotted with anime/Jap culture, getting enough money to travel, the weakened yen, and everyone still in the middle of blowing their pandemic blueball load means this is only going to get worse.
You might be able to go to idk Yakushima or something. The average mass tourist doesn't want to hike in a primitive forest with little amenities.

>>2634156
>>2634159
Here, I think you two are lost: r/JapanTravelTips r/JapanLife
>>
File: reddit4.jpg (79 KB, 627x680)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>2634160
>>
File: ef3.jpg (130 KB, 1080x1350)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>2634166
>>
File: 40456546949.jpg (143 KB, 762x553)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
>You people are the most obnoxious faggots alive. Yes, you're so different from the other gaijin. Special, even.
>>
File: bw.jpg (934 KB, 1618x2100)
934 KB
934 KB JPG
I am, in fact, special.
I don't want YOU to travel to the places I'm traveling. YOU are below me.
Every great tourist place in Japan should be reserved for people like me, and not people like you.
You don't appreciate the destinations like I do. You don't deserve to visit the places I do.
Make plane tickets to Japan $20k each way, minimum.
>>
>>2634146
if you think japan is bad, you should see thailand.
>>
File: 1683860968492754.png (820 KB, 1492x1024)
820 KB
820 KB PNG
>>2634169
Make them 3mil each way. I only want the upper crust like myself to be able to visit the holy land. Peasants like yourself should "travel" to McDonald's and to work (for me) and that's it.
>>
>>2634169
this but unironically
>>
File: 1694807666177269.webm (1.77 MB, 1920x1080)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB WEBM
Take Japan map and point at random, there's 99% chance there's no tourist here, except maybe some japs from a nearby city.
I've been there for 2 months now and except when I landed in Fukuoka I very rarely saw any foreign tourist, maybe 10 total.
Currently in Ibusuki and I have teens taking pics of me and curious old dudes come have a talk, no english menu anywhere and of course not a single white person. Maybe you can see some if you hang all day at the sandbath.

>>2634146
The problem is that you're asking for a big city with shit that tourist love, infrastructure for your fat burger ass, and don't want tourists there. With this mindset nowhere on hearth will suit you, it's not Japan specific.
>>
File: secretjapan.jpg (338 KB, 1600x1200)
338 KB
338 KB JPG
I'm actually so glad OP and shitposters like >>2634168 are demoralized. They'll either get stuck in meme cities and teamlabs planets or stay home.
Meanwhile there's literally 0 chance I meet them in muh secret spots (you can actually find thousands of them).
>>
File: 1200yen.jpg (266 KB, 2000x1500)
266 KB
266 KB JPG
>>2634179
>1200 yen
>entrée already eaten
>no english menu
>no FAGS like OP
>sea view
>fished today by the cook's husband
>cute 19yo waitress
>>
>>2634179
>>2634182
Yeah dude, cause when I travel to Japan the things I want to think about doing is walking around in nature (holy shit, grass, trees and rocks! you'll never find that anywhere else in the world!!) and going to bumfuck nowhere rural/small towns to read muh non-English auuuuthennnntikkkk menus.
>>
>>2634187
> hur durr I want places without tourists but I don't want to go to places without tourists
>>
>>2634187
He needs to feel like a celebrity everywhere he goes, imagine the average nihonjin's shock when he, a gaijin, passes him on a trail in the middle of nowhere!
>>
>>2634175
Not that long ago, Tokyo actually used to be a very authentic Japanese city with very little to no tourists whatsoever. Like truly going to a different planet. That adventurous, culture shock feeling they portray so well in the movie "Lost In Translation" was definitely a real thing at one point. The most Western thing about Tokyo back then was just the occasional McDonalds or Starbucks here or there, and that was it.

t. did a high school student exchange program in Tokyo back in 2007

So glad I got to experience the real Tokyo and Japan back then, feel bad for the deranged and delusional Zoomers who will never know or experience the feelings I once did.
>>
>>2634193
> not that long ago
> 17 years ago
>>
File: where is stacey.jpg (878 KB, 2000x1500)
878 KB
878 KB JPG
>>2634190
>>2634187
I just hate crowds of white people and chinks as much as you.
I happen to enjoy Japan's nature and feel good in small towns.
There are still shrines, temples, onsen, good food, 7/11, high school girls in uniform and local tourist activities.
But actually you can still go in big cities like Fukuoka, Sapporo, Kagoshima etc, and if you just don't go the the "must see" castles and shrines you'll almost never see any tourists.

Again I'm glad you're just shitposting here instead of learning a few japanese words and look at bus maps.
>>
>>2634192
>end of 2025

Who the fuck books a trip two years out in advance? How do you even plan for that? But yes, the Japanese Central Bank did raise interest rates for the first time in forever just two days ago, but it was a pussy little 10 basis points (.1%), so for now it is nothing to worry about it. In fact, it was such a pathetic interest rate raise the dollar actually roared back against the Yen and is now basically at its November 2023 highs again. That being said, I have no fucking clue how things are going to look at the end of fucking 2025.
>>
>>2634195
>17 years ago

Yes, but relatively speaking, that's not that long ago. People here pretend everything was only local and authentic like all the way back in the 80s, and only Boomers go to experience real off the beaten path type of travel, but really late 2000's/early 2010's would have given you plenty of local and authentic experiences in major large and capital cities all across the world, including Japan. It was only in the late 2010's and especially after the pandemic that traveling became an insufferable mess plagued by Instagram parasites. All this coping advice now about "just go to boring small towns in the middle of nowhere and look at trees" is just that: cope. If you can't enjoy big cities in the countries you're visiting, with the best local nightlife, restaurants, bars, shopping, etc then the country has become oversaturated Instagram trash. Big cities that are not oversaturated with tourists and teeming with local culture were, and will continue to be, the best way to travel, not small dying towns full of old people- the only problem is these types of cities and countries are becoming increasingly rare now, especially in Asia.
>>
>>2634187
>"everything is westernized"
>"eating raw fish with no english menu doesn't count"
What do you want specifically ? It looks like we could give you hundreds of purely Japanese stuff you could enjoy without tourist and you'd still complain.

>>2634190
It's a nice pic of great landscape and you can't imagine enjoying it because it'd be like a SHOCKING LOCALS clickbait vid on youtube in your head.
Get out of the internet for a few days.
>>
>>2634203
>f you can't enjoy big cities in the countries you're visiting, with the best local nightlife, restaurants, bars, shopping, etc then the country has become oversaturated Instagram trash.

The problem is that people want to do the same touristy shit that attracts tourists but they don't want OTHER tourists there: I, to this day, do a lot of shit in Tokyo where I'm the only foreigner, to the point that I still get the "ohh, do people overseas like this???" conversation.
>>
I constantly get looks for being the only non jap around and get denied service because tourists only spawn in their designated containment zones. Go outside of them
>>
>>2634207
Yes, luckily Tokyo is big enough and condensed enough across the whole metro area that you can still find plenty of cool local stuff to do with enough homework and legwork and time on your hands. But back in the late 2000's, you could literally go to areas like Shibuya or Akihabara and still be the only gaijin around for miles and miles. Yes, believe it or not, once upon a time, and not even really that long ago, it was once like that. The only place you would catch the occasional foreigner back then, and I do emphasize occasional and rare, was only in the Roppongi/Azabu area. Everywhere else was basically 100% Japanese, 100% of the time.
>>
>>2634210

Literally just go to Shinbashi and there's zero foreigners
>>
>>2634212
Literally not even the point of my post. Don't care.
>>
>>2634213

Made you respond
>>
One of my favourite restaurants has been taken over by Indians and ruined. I noticed all convenience stores are now staffed by rude brown people as well. Owari da.
>>
>>2634210
815,882 Americans visited Japan in 2007, out of 8.3M tourists.
Obviously there were still plenty of foreigners visiting Japan back then. But you didn't notice or care because you were too busy having fun.
I swear, people intentionally try to sabotage their own and others' enjoyment of a place by obsessing over a problem or shortcoming of the place.
>>
>>2634146
Why do gigachads always have to settle with 6.8/10 plain janes? Is it because of hypergamy? Is this what chad has turned to??
>>
>>2634169
>>2634172
Even better: make it only visitable by solo-sailing travel on a smaller but expensive sailing yacht. You are not allowed to have any ody else on board in order to be allowed entry. No niggers allowed.
>>
>>2634187
Hey retard: the foliage in that picture is not east asian or japanese. That tree is a med-climate only tree. Kill yourself.
>>
>>2634264
Over 2.6 Million tourists visited Japan in January of 2024 alone. Thats more than a quarter of all the 8.3 Million tourists that Japan received for the entire year of 2007 in just one month this year, and its expected to continue to increase. It was WAY less tourists back then, not even close. Do you not know how numbers work?
>>
>>2634175
>Fukuoka
Just
Lmao

Fukuoka is infested with foreigners and jets, they have a very active subreddit, that should tell you everything you need to know
>>
>>2634331
>that reading comprehension
You should apply for JET.
>>
>>2634333
>t. Weeb who can't recognize foreign Asian tourists

Let me guess, first time outside of Honshu?
>>
>>2634337
>except when I landed in Fukuoka I very rarely saw any foreign tourist
You should be able to solve this, you may use ChatGPT.
>>
>>2634341
>... Maybe 10 total
My guy, Kagoshima isnt much better, nor is the sand pit tourist trap you went too. Only city in Kyushu that might fit ops description and still be a city is Saga city but there is literal fuck all there
>>
>>2634179
Ok, where is this?
>>
>>2634271
>foliage :|
>foliage, Japan :O
>>
File: 2.jpg (583 KB, 1600x1200)
583 KB
583 KB JPG
>>2634271
>>2634354
It's near Kushima. Maybe the foliage expert has a bit more to learn.

>>2634343
What are you looking for exactly ? I mean every time someone posts something that not westernized it's dismissed by someone else.
I'm lucky enough that I like the countryside so it's easy for me to not see any tourists (I didn't go to the sandbath btw, not sure how the situation is there), but I'm sure anyone can find what he looks for with some work.
Also I was in Kagoshima in January so I guess that's why I saw 2 white dudes total in 5 days. Even spending an hour in the Amu Plaza and doing the fucking great wheel with my gf I didn't see any. There were a few koreans though.

I 100% agree it's not the same than 20 years ago, the numbers don't lie. But it's basically the same everywhere on earth now.
You can make it work but that requires not moving the goalpost constantly and dismissing every solution.
If you want Shibuya night life for yourself then you're fucked and should move on.
>>
Why do some many people who come to Japan sperg about running into or seeing other tourists?
>>
>>2634691
Anime and jap games taught them that they're the main characters.
>>
>>2634691
Because what most people don't realize is that most of the tourist areas in Japan are actually really really small. Shibuya crossing for example is surprisingly small, same with Akiba. You're pretty much just in a country sized themepark where all the rides are kilometers away from each other and everyone wants a turn.
>>
Yakushima island. Too inconvenient for most people, thankfully. Then half of those who do go don’t get their own transport, miss out on 90% of it so don’t consider it anything special. What a place.
>>
>>2634691
Because I'm suppose to be the only foreigner there that all the anime girls will look at and go "ooo gaijin so kawaiiiii" and flock to date me
>>
>>2634674
>You can make it work but that requires not moving the goalpost constantly and dismissing every solution.

U spoke to my soul.

I was thinking Vietnam next but I should try smaller city in Japan.
>>
>>2634709
Not gonna happen in Tokyo.
>>
>>2634146
I propose founding a new Japan 2.0 out in the middle of the ocean and then not letting anybody in, unless they are Japs. Hawaii seems like a suitable place for Japan 2.0, just need to move all the Hawaiians somewhere else.
>>
>>2634170
I stayed in the university suburb of Hat Yai and saw 2 other white people in a entire month, both were at the weed cafe
cbf going into town where of course there would be more but everything I needed was there
>>
Rhetorical question but why is it so hard to make foreigner non sperg friends here. I just want a friend to drink at izakayas with and go to strip theater and watch cute j girls in the station and shit. Everyone here is autistic and wants to talk about themselves 100% of the time and loud as fuck and does the most stupid shit in public yelling, throwing shit, jumping around ect. Like you guys really don’t know how to shut the fuck up and talk quietly and chill huh
>>
>>2634760
You may have to upgrade where you usually hang out; from live houses to jazz clubs like Blue Note Tokyo. However, in your post, you mentioned you want to find a foreigner friend willing to go to strip clubs with you. You might want to avoid friends from the Anglosphere then because they come from a society that can be quite prudish. Meanwhile, European countries like Sweden are very liberal when it concerns sex so there is a good chance of finding a Swedish friend willing to go to Japanese strip clubs with you.
>>
>>2634760
Rhetorical question indeed - foreigners in Japan are simply a unique level of bad for countless reasons.
Simply don't expect it to happen
>>
File: Ojika, Nagasaki.jpg (141 KB, 960x960)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
>>2634146
Ojika (小値賀町) is a town located in Kitamatsuura District, Nagasaki Prefecture, Japan. It covers the island of the same name Ojika, located north of Goto Islands. As of the 2020 census, the town has an estimated population of 2,288 and a density of 90 persons per km2. The total area is 25.46 km2. The islands of Ojika are part of Saikai National Park. The town of Ojika is made up of 17 large and small islands, six of which are populated: Ojika, Madara, Kuroshima, Noshima, Mushima, and Oshima. Over 20 volcanoes can be found in the sea surrounding the island. The area has been called the "Eastern Galapagos Island." The main island is approximately 34 km in circumference, with all islands totaling 97 km in circumference.

Ojika is an agricultural and fishing island where seasonal harvest and catch dictate the way of life year-round. Islanders begin their year with spring, enjoying the loving embrace of the sun and the sweet chirping of warblers. Spring is also a paddy-planting season on Ojika Island. In summer you can taste the honey melons and watermelons as well as a variety of summer vegetables: all locally grown. Autumn is the most festive season: farmers, fishermen, and business owners hold festivals around the island to thank the gods for the blessings of the past year and extend good wishes for prosperity in the following year. Winter is the busy season for farmers who harvest broccoli and tomatoes while okaasan (“mother” in Japanese) get busy making kankoro mochi, a local specialty of sweet potatoes, ginger, and rice, which they then gift to neighbors and friends. The seasonality is celebrated on this small island, where every month has something to look forward to.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ojika,_Nagasaki

https://ojikajima.jp/en/top

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKvElvr3Tm0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Dxi0bwwSoU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Bnc67l89bw
>>
File: Nozaki Island.jpg (502 KB, 1600x600)
502 KB
502 KB JPG
>>2634799
Nozaki Island is part of Ojika town, which consists of 17 islands, and is located 2 kilometers east from the most eastern point of Ojika Island: the main island bearing the name of the town. Nozaki is relatively large, measuring 6.5 km long (north to south), up to 2 km wide, and 7.36 square kilometers in area. Its shape resembles a peanut with the narrow central part (Nokubi) nested in between broad ends that stand high above sea level. The island has two contrasting landscapes. The red flat terrain on the east coast was formed by volcanic eruptions, much like the mainland Ojika, while the mountainous part was created by a geologic upheaval, in the same way as the rest of the Gotō archipelago.

There used to be three villages on Nozaki Island: Nozaki, Nokubi, and Funamori. At some point, as many as 650 people inhabited the island. Today, however, the island has only one registered resident, who manages the sole accommodation facility. On the practically uninhabited island, you will find the remains of houses and shrines that are being slowly taken over by Mother Nature. The handmade stonewalls of the terraced fields carry the legacy of the hard work and wisdom of the people who used to call Nozaki home.

Nozaki Island is the treasure trove of unique flora and fauna, including the primary forest around Okino Kojima Shrine on the north side and Japanese wood pigeons, one of Japan’s protected species. All around the island, you can see some 400 Japanese wild deer roaming in the wild.

https://ojikajima.jp/en/nozaki

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6wQ32m1mQU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Wd89WKWh9o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrVVWBfpAeA
>>
File: time_map_en.png (253 KB, 1000x824)
253 KB
253 KB PNG
>>2634800
Ojika Island Access: Our small island is located around 60 kilometers west of Sasebo Port in Nagasaki Prefecture. You can reach Ojika from Sasebo in as little as 90 minutes via a high-speed boat, or a regular ferry that makes the journey from Sasebo to Ojika in about 3 hours. Alternatively, there is an overnight ferry leaving Hakata Port in Fukuoka city around midnight, reaching Ojika at around 5 AM.

https://ojikajima.jp/en/access
>>
File: map_en2.jpg (243 KB, 1470x967)
243 KB
243 KB JPG
>>2634801
From Ojika Island you can travel to Nozaki, Oshima and Mushima islands using the town-run boat Hamayu. There is also the Saikai boat that operates between Ojika Island and Nōshima Island. The number of boats is limited so make sure you check the timetable when planning your trip.

>Some Zelda fans say that the map of Ojika reminds them of both Breath of the Wild and The Wind Waker

https://ojikajima.jp/en/access
>>
>>2634802
Kakinohama Beach
>>
File: Shirahama Beach.jpg (567 KB, 2560x1920)
567 KB
567 KB JPG
>>2634812
Shirahama Beach
>>
>>2634814
Goryo Cliff
>>
>>2634816
Nokubi Beach
>>
>>2634817
Akahama Red Coast
>>
File: PA150278_01.jpg (108 KB, 1200x400)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>2634821
Nagasaki Bana Pasture
>>
>>2634822
Nozaki Island
>>
>>2634823
Nozaki Island
>>
>>2634824
Madara Park
>>
File: shimatabi-miru-pothole2.jpg (415 KB, 1600x1071)
415 KB
415 KB JPG
>>2634825
Pothole, also known as either a giant's cauldronor or kettle, moulin pothole, or glacial pothole, is a typically large and cylindrical pothole drilled in solid rock underlying a glacier either by water descending down a deep moulin or by gravel rotating in the bed of subglacial meltwater stream.

Madara Island, one of the islands that belong to Ojika town, has the second-largest pothole in the world that is 3 meters deep and 90 cm in diameter (60 cm around the bottom)! Locals believe that this is a sacred place, building white torii gates to signify this. The white gates contrast beautifully with the blue sea in the background.
>>
>>2634827
Avenue of Pines - Hime no Matsubara
>>
>>2634770
Blue note has been on my list for a while, solid recommendation. Have you been to any listening bars? They’re cool depending on what kind of music you like. Interesting take, maybe I’ll try to find some euros. I have taken a couple old friends to strip theaters and even though it’s usually dead silent except when all the ojisans erupt in thunderous applause when the girl finally shows her pussy, these guys are grunting and saying “ooohhh yeah” “that’s what I’m talking about” throughout the show. like shut the fuck up my god. I’m fine going alone every few months to play hooky from work and my gf but it would be nice to explore and try to find cool things to do with another bro.

>>2634798
Indeed
>>
I live in Yokohama as an expat and I can tell you nothing has changed other than your idiotic "ideal" Japan way of thinking and brainlet obsession with social media.

If anyone is going ruin Japan it will be the local japanese not tourists. I rarely see westerners and when I do it's usually the one off tourist.

Tl;Dr chill out go to a soapland have sex and maybe date a few japanese girls
>>
File: 20240324_164017.jpg (2.49 MB, 4000x1868)
2.49 MB
2.49 MB JPG
>>2634842
Forgot pic
>>
>>2634760
I know many chill guys.

usually the guys who are 30+ are chill, younger crowd is rowdy/autismo.
>>
>>2634842
wanna meet?
Im down to come by Yoko next week prolly.
>>
>>2634842
>Yokohama
Sure a trv meet going on Saturday around noon would be nice. I work near higashi Kanagawa station on the keiku line. That or the Gundam.
>>
>>2634870
>>2634864
I would meet with you guys but I got a hanami to go to on that day. I’m in Yokohama all the time though
>>
File: 04545545.gif (3.46 MB, 640x480)
3.46 MB
3.46 MB GIF
>>2634799
>>2634800
>>2634801
>>2634802
>>2634827
Nice
>>
File: 20231023_210439.jpg (2.02 MB, 4000x1868)
2.02 MB
2.02 MB JPG
>>2634882
To counter this bullshit thread and proof that there are indeed places untouched in Japan this dive bar is one of them. Im gonna do a crawl meetup here on Saturday at 1600.
I'll know it's you when you play the Yakuza fight theme on your phone.
2 Chome-1 Chiwakacho, Kanagawa Ward, Yokohama, Kanagawa 221-0036
>>
>>2634160
Dude it's been like that for ages. Did you only visit after 2020 or something?
>>2634175
Clapppp clapppppp
>>
>>2634273
>1/4 of visitors
>almost a 1/4 way through the year
retard-sama, I...
>>
>>2634972
Giving you a (you) so you can't delete and hide your shame.
>>
>>2634924
Shit I always wanted to check this place out.
>>
>>2634995
I'm just chilling bro
u need to calm down
>>
>>2634187
>cause when I travel to Japan the things I want to think about doing is walking around in nature (holy shit, grass, trees and rocks! you'll never find that anywhere else in the world!!) and going to bumfuck nowhere rural/small towns
Unironically, this is half the appeal of Japan. Do you mentally visualize your life in anime style with English subtitles?
>>
>>2634972
>One month is an entire quarter of a year
>>
>>2634972
>January is 1/4 the way through the year
Fuck that was fast, see you in 2025 next month bro
>>
The “Japan is too Westernized and not enough like my animes” weaboo is the worst kind of weaboo.
>>
>>2635237
Too much westernization isn't a good thing. I don't want to go to Japan just to see literally the same shit I see in NYC just with less crime and cleaner streets.
You've got, you know, THE ENTIRE WEST to go to if you want to experience that kind of culture.
>>
>>2635251
If you go to Japan and come back thinking it's too similar to a western country, the problem is actually that you don't speak Japanese and therefore could only do things accessible because of westernization.
>>
>>2635258
Hey, have you seen the goalposts around here? I can't seem to find where they- Whoa, holy shit! How'd they get all the way over there?
>>
File: images(2).jpg (8 KB, 300x168)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>2635237
Why not be like this guy and come and fix Japan?

Also in my time here I have the Yakuza battle theme in my head and I imagine myself as a side quest character from the game whenever I talk to people also the don quijote one
>>
>>2634209
Do you speak japanese?
>>
idk about other places but in the single day i spent in hiroshima someone barged into the hostel and pissed on my friend
>>
File: 1653799049494.jpg (88 KB, 493x637)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
Honestly as long as you stay out of Kyoto you will be alright. The tourism is so much worse there than it is in Tokyo somehow.
Kyoto is an ABSOLUTE shit hole. I think big cities scare the general tourists so even though you see alot in Tokyo its overall hidden by the extent of the native population
>>
>>2634691
Is it that weird that people running away from western civilization don't like to see westerners bring it around with them?
>>
>>2636355
I could never stay in a hostel, how the fu k do you not worry about people stealing your wallet?
>>
>>2636402
It's still retarded because they're the westerners, unless they speak japanese and do absolutely everything according to japanese customs, they're the ones bringing the west with them.
>>
>>2635237
yeah they're really schizo and obnoxious. They don't even see Japan as a country just something for them to live vicariously through as an abstraction like a reverse paris syndrome. They also have a bad habit of speaking on behalf of Japan (despite being white) while saying some retarded shit that not even someone like Mishima would ever say

The anti western shit that pops up every so often is odd because of the mixed messaging. Nobody would give a shit if the Japanese police beat the shit out of retarded Gaijin who act up and don't respect decorum but it's weird how they're okay with importing pajeets and somalis yet seethe over some drunk college retard being rude and not actually doing anything illegal.

The tourist and immgrants who negatively affect my country commit actual crimes not petty shit like not queing up in line properly
>>
>>2636402
>Is it that weird that people running away from western civilization don't like to see westerners bring it around with them?

Yes, 99 times out of 100 these people are delusional losers who blame society for their own failing.
>>
>>2636643
Pretty funny but yea this is based and true. If you have interests and a personality you don’t have to ask other people what you should do. These retards literally plan their entire trip based on Reddit and page one google search slideshow articles what should I do in Japan.
>>
ITT: entitled faggots acting as if Japan was purpose-built for their personal enjoyment
>>
>>2636643
>Three gaijin in a sea of Japanese and other Asian tourists! Definitely ruined
This but unironically.
>>
>>2634146
ya know, it's funny, I went to Japan last year for 10 days and had a blast in Tokyo & Osaka. I have never even been to any country in Europe, Latam and most places in the US, yet I want to go back to Japan again. Not really a massive weeb either, I just genuinely enjoyed it. Is Japan actually worth going back a 2nd & 3rd+ times?
>>
>>2636681
alot of weeb autists seem to think that Japan exists merely as a backdrop for their niche consumerism as if /a/ and /jp/ spergs are the only people who have a interest in the country.

I saw some white autist bitching spouting some retarded revanchist isolationist spiel simply because his maid cafe fantasy is "ruined" or whatever.

Ironically most never go. You get some middle income fags who are still socially stunted which is where the tard rage comes from

Ironically without these tourists they'd probably be bitching about Japanese customs or "racism" instead like they did circa 2008. They're fundamentally incapable of being happy

Fucking hate that I share a subculture with these retards
>>
>>2636740
>reddit spacing
>projecting

many such cases
>>
>wants to be a special foreigner
>Decides to go to Japan of all places, the one place that every Redditor, tiktoker, 4chan autist, weeb, pedo coomer, and normie has as their top travel destination
Ngmi
>>
>>2634146
If you know Japanese or at least can navigate Japanese websites it's very easy to find all the ""secret"""spots that the pretentious english teacher redditors here think they are cool for knowing

Japan in general is pretty big on advocating local culture so even the tiniest most tucked away places will have some sorts of tourism association promoting it.
>>
>>2634146
i fucking hate japan so much.
>>
>>2634146
Nowhere. Japan is the Thailand of East Asia.
>>
>>2634146
All you have to do is go somewhere that isn't Tokyo, Kyoto, or Osaka. Even then, there are plenty of interesting places a short train ride away that aren't brimming with tourists.
>>
>>2636725
I've been twice and about to go a 3rd time. The 2nd time I did all the stuff I didn't get to on the 1st trip, and it was worth it. Obviously can't confirm about the 3rd time yet, but I'm excited and I'm not even going to see stuff as much as eat and chill.
>>
>>2636841
NGMI
>>
File: 1000062882.png (86 KB, 864x220)
86 KB
86 KB PNG
>>2636350
hai, watashi speaku japaneso dess
>>
>>2634733
It's not gonna happen anywhere in Japan. Most women aren't racially obsessed weirdos like 4chan would make you think
>>
One thing I found quite funny in my last visit to Tokyo (2023) was how the tourists literally only exist in the hotspots. I made it my goal to not use public transport when I was going to a part of the city for the first time. This meant I walked through a lot of the city, and while going from Shinjuku to all the hotspots like Shibuya, Ikebukuro, Akihabara, Asakua, there were NO tourists or even foreigners of any kind in the streets between these places. It was something I did just because I wanted to get a more comprehensive experience of the city, walking the streets and seeing the city instead of only seeing the popular places. While walking back to my hotel from Akihabara to Shinjuku, I did not see a single foreigner for nearly 2 hours. For someone who takes the train everywhere and gets off at the hotspots, you might be led to believe the city is filled with nothing but tourists. But in reality they are found in those spots and nowhere else.
>>
File: 1613220401494.png (70 KB, 886x886)
70 KB
70 KB PNG
OP is braindead lol. Literally just go somewhere that isn't Kyoto, Tokyo, Osaka or Hiroshima and then you'll see no foreigners. I went to Zushi recently (a small town on the coast south of Tokyo) and I didn't see one foreigner. In fact, Japanese people were looking at me and my friend weirdly because I assume they simply had never seen a foreigner here. It wasn't exactly a tourist spot. Just a small town with some hobby shops and a beach.
>>
>>2638491
>I went to Zushi recently (a small town on the coast south of Tokyo) and I didn't see one foreigner. In fact, Japanese people were looking at me and my friend weirdly because I assume they simply had never seen a foreigner here.
Not sure if you are a bait or a real retard.
Picrel is literaly Zushi beach. Many americans stationed in Japan go there.
>>
The Yokosuka naval base is literally near Zushi, hence the local prefecture had to ban shitty tattoos on the beach because of filthy americans ruining the mood for everyone with their vile body "art".
https://www.stripes.com/theaters/asia_pacific/scary-tattoo-ban-passed-at-popular-beach-for-servicemembers-in-japan-1.270194
>>
>>2638475
>But in reality they are found in those spots and nowhere else.
Good analysis. I can corroborate.

Even Ueno Park itself tonight was pretty damn Japanese by volume, even with a good amount of visitors.

My read on this is that financially tapped out normies with low $ and time off are coming with a packed itinerary. Ergo, they don't have some random crepe st. or the locally famous chef with a random Shinkuku Basement-1 dive setup
>>
>>2638502
>Picrel is literaly Zushi beach. Many americans stationed in Japan go there.
When I was there were no foreigners. The only people on the beach were Japanese people lying down thinking about their lives
>>
File: cQMcUstfDf.jpg (176 KB, 1071x1011)
176 KB
176 KB JPG
I don't really care about finding foreigners in fact it would be kinda cool to meet some and form a group to do shit there. I'm from SA so finding Americans or Europeans would be funny
>>
>>2634842
>expat
inmigrant
>>
>>2636643
>and bang women 35 and older.
how do I do that
>>
>>2636679
that's literally me
I need to step up my game, I've watched a lot of anime crap and still have no place irl I want to go in Japan

maybe taking the trains and just walking around would be cool, talking w supermarket lady in Japanese lol. Other than that there's not much I want to do in Japan
>>
>>2636740
I feel like i am that dude but i'm too timid to sperg out. Also I'm not well off enough to take a trip just yet. I'm feeling conflicted with my interest in japanese media and women especially. I actually hate being a weeaboo with a confidence drive and self esteem so low, I almost don't want to try and get a japanese wife. I feel undeserving of their time and hate having an attraction to then.
>>
>>2636643
> I'm going to Japan to visit obscure hobby stores, ride trains, and bang women 35 and older.
Based and this
>>
>>2636387
All the people that say this just stay in the Kawaramachi. There are many places in Kyoto where you can hang out and see little to no tourists. In fact, there's a thriving night life district in Kyoto that does not get any visits at all from tourists, but I'm not going to give away my oasis. If you find it, keep it to yourself and enjoy it btw.
>>
>>2638721
come on fucker give it to me give it give it!!!!!!
>>
>>2638596
Your plan is to come to japan as a tourist and get a Japanese wife as a weab with low self esteem? Also just so you know Japanese women are riding the express trains back and forth from dick appointment to dick appointment. There is nothing about them that makes them worthy of time. This isn’t a pep talk you might also be a piece of shit asshole or something I just don’t know
>>
>>2638585
Ichika SEX
>>
>>2636403
If you don't have a secure locker, never leave your valuables out of your reach in a hostel.
>>
File: 1711982238078.png (920 KB, 1080x1039)
920 KB
920 KB PNG
>>2634924
>calling other people autistic
>having the most insane le secret code to signal to each other we exist
lmao this fucking board I swear
>>
>>2634146
Idk my advice just take a train to a random ass town and explore
>>
File: 9316082_.jpg (164 KB, 1020x701)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
>>2634151
Yet to see a tourist within a couple hundred miles here, guess people aren't attracted to perpetual darkness, above average prices and lack of activities
>>
>>2634146
Yeah fuck you, I'm not sharing my secret spots.
>>
>>2634146
>this board keeps pitching about Japan being overrun by foreigners
>visited Tokyo
>walked fucking everywhere
>barely any foreigners
There was maybe like 10% in the most busy part of asakusa. Mind you I went in March
>>
>>2639147
What is the meaning of しばいていいみたいにならんかね?
>>
>>2640331
The lack of Kanji makes that sentence retardedly difficult
>>
>>2636643
Imagine flying ANYWHERE to bang 40 year old women.
Imagine being proud of being a granny slammer.
Imagine being (You)
I’ll stick to railing 21 year old Asian babes in their prime thanks.

God there are some thirsty retards on this board.
>>
File: 1712211259477996.webm (2.59 MB, 720x1280)
2.59 MB
2.59 MB WEBM
>>
>>2640526
Japan will know a downfall that will make Sweden look like a dignified country.
>>
>>2640526
So tolerant and diverse!

On a serious note, my wife is actually like this. Japanese but as much of a thot as any local food. AWALT
>>
I'm literally in Tokyo and with the activities I do I've normally been the only white guy in the room, or one of two. Hell the locals there generally assume I live in Japan because it's niche even among nips. OP is such a faggot, find shit to do that isn't typical tourist fare, you're literally part of the problem
>>
>>2640322
Not sure what parts of Tokyo you visited but you should definitely find way more foreigners in the touristy spots, especially close to or during the cherry blossom season. Last time I went was last April and I'm pretty sure half the people in the crowds were foreigners.
>>
Hijacking this thread, is it cringe to celebrate Golden Week if I'm not Japanese or living in Japan?
As a weeb I consider celebrating it part of the universal Otaku struggle to become Japanese.
>>
>>2640853
Posted this shit in three threads

Honestly? Based thread hijacker. Yes it's cringe btw.
>>
>>2636574
>The tourist and immgrants who negatively affect my country commit actual crimes not petty shit like not queing up in line properly
Your third world shithole is too poor for Americans and Chinese.
>>
>>2634146
I can't really imagine being as big of a miserable contrarian as you. Goddamn I pity your pathetic hollow soul.
>>
>>2641208
>being as big of a miserable contrarian as you. Goddamn I pity your pathetic hollow soul.
You are shattering my inner heart with this so precisely phrased and piercing comment :-(
You really found the words to pierce my armor, internet mean girl.
>>
>>2641370
>the imperial palace
Not even worth visiting. The museum of modern art near it is ok, but the imperial palace is the most boring place ever.
>>
>>2641377
yeah not enough bing bong wahoo flashing lights and advertisements
>>
Are there any like public outdoor onsens in kyoto?
>>
>>2641411
It's not though. You can't really go inside anywhere interesting and the tour of the outer gardens is basically being led through what looks like a public park with some official buildings that you can't go in except I think a small museum but the neat thing to see in the first place is the wall and moat which and guard towers right in front of otemachi station, you can just get off the train and take pictures.
>>
>>2638855
Yeah, I have problems. I know i should face them, and accept what I have. It kinda feels better to not be stuck in this delusion, a little bummed but that's all on me. I may never get traveling or making connections. All I have is a family, an myself.
>>
>>2641931
*and myself
sorry i'm a little drunk
>>
I no longer tell people about nice spots in Japan. Everything is fucking overtouristed now. Restaurants I used to eat at frequently during lunch due to them being affordable and empty now have 10-20 foreigners lining up outside.
>>2641859
You know you can walk around freely, right? You don't need a tour.
>>
>go somewhere not popular
>it sucks
>>
>>2641951
Expat
I know there's no sacred anything anymore.
MY favorite super oldschool sushi place hidden in a industrial park alley that no normies and tourist faggots was invaded by an amerifart. He apparently found the place because he asked chat gpt to "give him an itinerary" and the AI litterally gave him my spot.
Like not even members only bars ND coomer clubs are safe. Gatekeeping isn't enough.

How much of shit bag do you have to be invade someone's special spot/resturant? I seriously blame YouTube and Instagram.
>>
>>2634169
If you were actually special then you'd know Japanese and know which places to go to. Not telling you fucking loser
>>
>>2634146
The only spots with tourists in Tokyo are Shibuya scramble, Senso ji in Asakusa, Meiji shrine in Yoyogi, the main road in Harajuku and Tsukiji market.
You'll be the only foreigner if you avoid those areas, or even just walk two streets away from those areas.
And even if you don't avoid it, it will still be 90% Japanese people there.
And also, they're all nice places, so just fucking ignore other tourists. You're one yourself for fucks sake.
>>
>>2641962
So you're bitter because ONE other foreigner found a restaurant you like to eat at?
>>
>>2641987
This, I spend a lot of time wandering the less "popular" districts of Tokyo and don't run into too many annoying tourists until I end up somewhere like Shinjuku, Roppongi, Akihabara, etc.
But if you really want to avoid the tourists, take a flight up to Hokkaido (cheap domestic flight) and explore outside of Sapporo.
Or explore basically anywhere in between the major cities in "flyover" (train-over?) Japan.
>>
Tsushima
Kagoshima
Matsue
>>
>>2641999
Oh yeah I forgot to add Akihabara to where you see a lot of tourists. But even there the absolute vast majority of people in the area are Japanese.

There are a lot of areas right next to those popular areas that are great too. For example, if you're walking around Shibuya, go to Ebisu (a short walk or one stop south on Yamanote line) and you'll find an area with TONS of amazing food spots. Less people in general, but such a great area to find places to eat.

I just find the whole "FUck! I saw another foreigner aaaarrrgh!!!" mentality really dumb and selfish. I remember one time I was there I walked past some other people from my country (I'm from Denmark) and I said "Wow, fellow Danes" and they just said "yes..." and moved on without looking. Anywhere else in the world I've come across other Danes they're always "Wow! Hey!! What are you doing here?" even though I don't know them. But in Japan it's like people go there to feel special and seeing any other foreigners breaks that immersion of being "I'm the only special one here" and they just ignore you in this weird way.
That was pretty much every foreigner's reaction when I passed them on the street. There are of course exceptions, but I just find it to be such a fucking weird attitude.
>>
>>2642006
If I see French people I get really fucking mad get the fuck out of my Japan you fucking surrender monkey dick cheese eating buffoon.
>>
>>2636574
damn so you're saying that the gaijins who hate other tourists are just other chapo trap house listening lefty faggots, probably trans and haven't talked to their parents in years, truly dishonorabu
>>
>>2642047
>dick cheese
I wonder if mutilated american dicks are allowed in onsens.
Mutilated dicks should be banned in onsens, as they are against nature and an abomination worse than tattoos.
>>
>>2642177
See Japan could eliminate the Yakuza in one day with RICO laws like in the US. But they are too afraid those laws would be abused if there ever was another ultra nationalist/fascist government like in WWII that would use those laws to crush any dissent. Which imo is just an excuse to let the mob run the usual vices.
>>
>>2642004
Went to Matsue last trip, day trip to Izumo shrine and Daikon Island, was some good shit.
>>
>>2636574
What is it about Japan that causes people to sperg out like this? I've never heard people with this attitude about any other country in the world
>>
>>2640853
What does that even mean? Not trying to be rude, but Golden Week isn't some specific holiday, it's a few national holidays bunched together in a single week. Do you mean paying respects to Showa and praying for your children? The japs just use it as an excuse to travel around the country.
>>
>>2636725
Yeah, I'd say it's with it. It's hard to explain, I can really just say it's a pretty relaxing country, all things considered. My only problem is that I find Tokyo a bit too stiff, if that makes sense. The atmosphere kind of reminds me of the Seattle freeze.
>>
>>2642389
Matsue has one really amazing bar in it, basically Tokyo prices but the atmosphere is unbeatable, look up Yamagoya
>>
>>2634695
shut shut your mouth
it’s gonna get raped to death by indianiggers thanks to your retard ass
>>
>>2634739
based
>>
>>2634146
>I mean actual places with people
If there is peoples, chances is that there is tourism.

Try Shikoku.
>>
>>2634187
>grass, trees and rocks! you'll never find that anywhere else in the world!!
You do never find that anywhere in your shitty concrete city where nature is dead.
>>
>>2634204
He wants Tokyo without the other weaboos.
>>
>>2634265
he can be lazy and she pursues relentlessly
stacy requires money or attention
>>
>>2642047
lmao
>>
>>2634732
>You can make it work but that requires not moving the goalpost constantly and dismissing every solution.
>I was thinking Vietnam next but I should try smaller city in Japan.

White peoples and our invader gene at it again. I'm so proud of ourselves guys.
>>
What's the weather like in Osaka in October?
>>
>>2634146
Last time Japan had soul was during the Boshin War
>>
>>2640526

The East has fallen.
>>
I only travel to Japan now to fuck prostitutes. So Osaka, and Tokyo are great.
>>
>>2640526
Why are they like this literally always everywhere no matter what?
>>
>>2642769
Are they usually hairy or shaved?
>>
>>2642771
Both. The younger girls shave, while the older woman don't.
>>
>>2642771
For me, it was 2 totally smooth and one trimmed short. I don't think full bush is very common anymore, especially with younger girls
>>
>>2634146
You want places not full of foreign tourists? Here's a protip: search for the area that you are going to + 穴場, . Then you will get Japanese lists.
Example:京都穴場
>>
>>2642816
>do this
>It's just the same tourists spots but listed in Japanese
uh
>>
>>2634146
You need to learn Japanese. I went a cool tour (I wont say where) that was only done in Japanese and I was the only white there with the rest being nips on vacation. Learn the language and a whole new window of opportunity will open up to you.
>>
>>2634146
>I used to be a weaboo, but now Japan kind of disgusts me. Too westernized.
Unironically, I never expected to feel this way but it's really not even the gaijin influx anymore either. This new generation of Japs are just super globalized, and they don't give a shit about Japanese etiquette like at all.
>>
>>2642818
Did you actually do it anon?
>>
>>2642825
Are you just basing this opinion on things you see online? Because honestly it seems business as usual over here.
>>
>>2642825
>This new generation of Japs don't give a shit about Japanese etiquette like at all
And this is a problem how?
>>
>>2642830
Why do you hate the Japanese culture? Are you a racist?

>>2642825
Same as in Europe, which is now indistinguishable from the USA except it's poorer. The USA just turns its colonies into US states. Especially with the new open borders in Japan, it will be indistinguishable from California in 50 years.
>>
File: 194334.png (924 KB, 829x908)
924 KB
924 KB PNG
If you want to see Japan, you best see it now before it's gone.
Tokyo will be just like Paris or London within a few decades. They will have a Tokyo syndrome just like there is a Paris syndrome. The demographic shift in Japan will be fast as the native population is starting to decline faster, while immigration numbers increase every year.
>>
>>2634146
Kagoshima was nice when I was there in May last year, I think I encountered no more than 5 non-Japanese people there.
>>
>>2641982
>WAOW this local tells me I'm one of the good gaijin so he's inviting me to another sushi bar!
>but this one is ACTUALLY speshul because it's only filled with locals and only has 21 reviews on Google, all of which are in Japanese
>so AUTHENNNTIKKK
Any destination that needs specialized knowledge to even be aware of is not worth visiting. If it's good, normies will be completely aware of it.
>>
>>2642835
>Tokyo will be just like Paris or London within a few decades.
By then, Paris and London will be like Rio de Janeiro and Islamabad.
>>
These threads are always full of the most obnoxious faggots. Japan attracts the absolute worst people, holy fuck.
>>
>>2642852
How do you manage to be even more cringe every time you post ?
I'm wondering what kind of shit taste you must have so normies have exactly the same lmao.
Just spent 3 months in paradise in Japan without even trying and I was happy to see a random white person every 10 days actually.
>>
>>2643482
The reason you are not sharing it because it's a well known place for anyone who actually speaks Japanese I bet
Going more obscure than what is on japan-guide.com is not exactly a big feat gaijin-san
>>
Are we hiding our cool secret hangouts? There was a bar in kyoto that felt like going to a friend's house for drinks that I went to, it was fun as fuck and I don't even like bars. But I'm scared to post it here because of the autistic weirdos that frequent this place.
Definitely not well known or on any guide sites, the only people there for the 2 hours I stayed were the people I was with, and the owner invited a friend to come see the goofy foreigners.
>>
>>2643487
>Japan attracts the absolute worst people, holy fuck.
Why is this? Visitors to other countries don't do this or have this sort of attitude.
>>
>>2634146
I spent a month travelling Kyushu and barely saw any wypipo.
>>
>>2636387
This is completely incorrect, just google "top 5 tourism destinations Kyoto" and avoid anything that comes up like the plague because it will be full of mainlanders. Anywhere else in Kyoto is quite nice and often abandoned
>>
>>2643482
You're not gatekeeping jack shit worth visiting, but keep seething.
Japan is already a normie destination. Keep thinking that your secret little soapland or sake bar or whateverthefuck is somehow unbeknownst to the 31+ million annual visitors to Japan LMAO

There is nothing more pathetic than a basic bitch gaijin tourist thinking he's special and Japanesy.
>>
>>2643721
Tbf he isn't hiding it from other visitors, just faggots here.
>>
I went to some pretty off the beaten track locations, and Aomori was the only place I didn't see any white people. I didn't spend long there, however. I was surprised some areas previously untouched by tourists now look like Tokyo and Osaka did a few years ago.
>>
>>2643698
>an American Expat
american migrant
>>
>>2634146
Ise town in Mie Prefecture. I went to Ise Jingu and it was very busy. The only difference being from places in Kyoto/Osaka is that although it was busy, it was only busy with Japanese people. I spent 9 hours wondering around and never seen a tourist. Just all Japanese people. Kyoto had annoyed me because all the sightseeing areas were filled with tourists, just stopping Infront of you. This never happened in Ise. People walked to the left and got out of the way if they needed to stop in typical Japanese fashion.
>>
>>2643974
Also Ryoguko area in Tokyo, I spent a few days there just walking around. Never seen a non Japanese, even in bars and izakayas, just take a note that only a rare few speak English. If you can't speak Japanese you will struggle and nobody will talk to you.
>>
>>2643974
>I spent 9 hours wondering around and never seen a tourist. Just all Japanese people.
Domestic tourists are also tourists anon
>>
>>2634231
welcome to every major capital in the world
i hope you enjoy the multiculturalism of stinky pajeets and cross eyed chinks
>>
Holy fuck. I haven't posted on this board in a few years. This thread is fucking terrible. Is the board just like this now? Wow. Absolutely fucking terrible. You shoul all be ashamed of yourselves.
>>
>>2634175
you can even do this in tokyo if you're outside of the metropolitan area. I was just in akishima which is is technically still in tokyo but on the outskirts and didn't see a single tourist. really beautiful area and people stared at me bc no one ever travels there
OP is retarded bc of course you're going to see tourists at sensouji temple you even see jap tourists there taking pics and selfies
>>
>>2634193
I really wanted to visit late late90s/mid2000s tokyo
I bet it was a blast. It's so different now compared to back then
>>
>>2634193
>Tokyo back in 2007
>So glad I got to experience the real Tokyo

You were there in 2007, not in 1707, calm the fuck down.
>>
>>2636350
If you can't speak basic Japanese you're seriously relegated to touristy spots only because most people outside of that won't want to deal with you. It's not like how it was 5-10 years ago where japs will bend over backwards to accommodate you, especially now with the anti-foreigner/tourism stuff in the news all the time. Sentiments and attitudes are changing
>>
>>2634146
i dont expect it to be anything else than apple factory and corporate business plant. Fuck the tourism, its all about work,
>>
>>2634146
you are not japanese and japanese people are disgusted by you.
you are disgusting to everybody.
>>
>>2644401
i dont wanna be friends, but doing business with them means they wont repeat pearl harbor on your home town each time you spend a year into building relationships. You dont speak for everyone btw manipulative anonymous skank
>>
File: file.jpg (88 KB, 492x672)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>ITT: everyone thinks they are this guy
>>
>>2634146
>normies love japan now
What happened
>>
>>2644390
in the same way that farmingdale is technically new york, yeah
>>
>>2634146
humiliation ritual
>>
>>2644561
8.30am, time for another humiliation ritual
>>
>>2634691
they want to be worshipped as exotic gods. seeing other foreigners ruins their fantasy
>>
Go just 30 minutes away by train from Tokyo station, barely tourists and it's still nice around there. All of Shinjuku, Shibuya and the like are trash.
>>
>>2644521
>>2634146
>i can't figure how to avoid Stacy and Dylan doing a selfie at Senso-Ji and whatnot.
Have you tried not going to Senso-ji?
>>
>>2634691
>>2644595

its any country, why would you want to travel to a new country to see obnoxious ausies or brits getting wasted and being obnoxious, or the chinese slurping and being a nuisance, or indians/pakistanis mouth breathing and shitting? you get enough of that at home

if im going somewhere, japan or not, id prefer it not to be infested with obnoxious tourists who see it as a palma de mallorca. they're not visiting a place to see something new or understand a different culture, they're going there to tick off a list of places they've "done" when all they did was sit at bars catered to them doing exactly what they did at home talking to other people like them doing the same thing

my most memorable moment in japan was going to an onsen town with little foreign tourism, getting approached by an old japanese man asking me about western versions of japanese fables while we were both butt naked in a bath, or when i spent 4 hours on a bullet train trying to communicate with a 70 year old japanese lady who didn't speak any english and vice versa

i would say the same thing about rome, tokyo, new york, london, lisbon, paris, etc. its a destination for people to checkmark and take the same pictures every other tourist has. of course people get frustrated and want to find somewhere with less people like that

japan does attract the insufferable weeb that thinks they're in some alien utopia, instead of another country with its own unique take on life, like the others. and like the others its being ruined by cheap tourism
>>
>>2634691
You are ruining our "Lost in Translation" dream, sista.
>>
>>2644684
>japan does attract the insufferable weeb that thinks they're in some alien utopia, instead of another country with its own unique take on life
Half of the
>you HAVE to do this when yoy visit japan!!!Japan!!!!
Shit is all just
>look how le quirky and weird japan is!! XD
without it actually being interesting or enjoyable.
>>
>>2643698
anon Yokohama literally has a massive foreigner + embedded Chinese community, what are you on? You're not some rarity there.
>>
I've only visited Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto.
Kyoto is absolutely ruined. There are no redeeming features there. It is the times square of japan.
Osaka is still decent.
Tokyo I think is fine just because it was already so packed you only really noticed tourists in Shibuya/Shinjuku
>>
>>2644684
>my most memorable moment in japan was going to an onsen town with little foreign tourism, getting approached by an old japanese man asking me about western versions of japanese fables while we were both butt naked in a bath, or when i spent 4 hours on a bullet train trying to communicate with a 70 year old japanese lady who didn't speak any english and vice versa
It always seems to be the young people or old people who are like this and nobody in between.
I ended up helping a guy deal with his friend drinking too much, and I enjoyed drinking some beers and talking with him on some steps.
>>
>>2644741
>Only Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto
I'm surprised you think your opinion means anything at all.
>>
File: 1582896729927.gif (469 KB, 500x178)
469 KB
469 KB GIF
>>2644780
Ty for your input king of japan
>>
>>2644818
You're welcome, and be sure to watch my new show "Shogun", airing Tuesdays on FX
>>
Usually other (young) in Japan are chill and fun. You can make alot of Friends if you hang out in shibuya at night. Except americans they're just too loud and retarded and fat. But most people act like they're the only ones who deserve to be in Japan, it's really weird. I get it when you meet your countrymen tho, like I don't wanna hang out with people who make me feel like im back home.
>>
>>2643698
Nobody needs your gay vigilante ways. Why are americans like this? Just act normal no japanese person asked you to protect their neighbourhood you yank weirdo
>>
>>2645577
Young foreigners*
>>
>>2643696
>Why is this? Visitors to other countries don't do this or have this sort of attitude.
Anime was a mistake.
>>
>>2644561
dude has a sick vinyl collection for a wagie
>>
>>2638502 is correct, i was stationed in yokosuka for two years and the low iq enlisted sailors go to zushi all the time, also dumb gaijin hunter chicks go there to pick up american servicemembers
>>2638507 probably caught it during a weekday
>>
>>2638504
>japanese scared of tattos
Japan is such a shit country.
Can't believe you faggots simp for this place.
>But muh no niggers and no ugly fattos
Grow up.
>>
>>2647922
You were a IQ sailor too shipmate. Stop simping for Japanese.Percapita local Japanese commit far more crime and anti social behaviors than anyone in the military. Also most the Japanese women dating and married to Americans os becuase Japanese society treat girls and women like expendable flashlights or pokemon cards to collect.
Don't forget these people were the OGs of Sucide attacks and crashing planes into targets and had a level of fanstisim that makes ISIS and the taliban seem like a gameshow

Zushi is a beautiful beach and it would've been completely destroyed along with all the natural beauty near it for development had it ironically not been for the Navy which owned that land despite the seething from the japs. A convenient little fact the nips seem to ignore.
Also I like to remind the Japanese that it was THEIR government that was begging us to stay even when the U.S still was willing overlook article. 9 so you know Japan could actually maintain its own military and defense?
>>
I have already booked flight to Japan from 6 Juli to 28 Juli as mandatory vacation. I'm aware the rain season so that I'm planned to visit Hokkaido for about an week or less because it have different climate.

But I'm consider about visit the three festival in Japan like Gion Matsuri in Kyoto, Tenjin Matsuri in Osaka and Sumida River Fireworks in Toko but the problem is that will properly interfere my plan to visit Hakone. It is worth to watch or join the festivals?
>>
>>2634146
What the fuck is the point of coming to Japan? Im here currently and it fucking sucks, can't wait to go home. This place is such a souless consoomer shit hole. Every single day is just mindlessly wandering through shops, many of which are identical. Everything feels fake and made for tourists like a shitty amusment park. I went to Osaka castle and thought it was cool from the outside, then you go in and find out the entire thing is a souless replica. The entire place is swamped shoulder to shoulder with tourists, more than I ever exprienced anywhere else. Any beauty that was here has been turned into a tourist attraction
>>
>>2648475
Lol I had multiple friends brag to me about how amazing it is, how you'll never want to leave, and how "you will hate the US afterwards". I feel like Im getting memed. Sure theres no crime or homeless, but I dont need to go to Japan to experience that, just fucking leave the city
>>
>>2648476
>>2648475
Oh yah, and the weather is aids
>>
>>2648475
>He went to Osaka castle instead of Himeji
Seems like you needed to do more research.
>>
>>2648432
Gion Matsuri is always super crowded. Even when tourist were still not allowed in the country, it was WAY TOO crowded. This year it is expected to be even more crowded due to the influx of tourists. It can be fun, but expect MASSIVE crowds.
>>
>>2648530

Ok it seems that I will properly skip the festival this years
>>
File: PXL_20240411_235534406.jpg (2.48 MB, 4080x3072)
2.48 MB
2.48 MB JPG
Just been to Akita last week. Hardly any white people there, locals were asking me in very poor English why I came there.
Same goes for all north Honshu.
>>
>>2648475
>go to the tourist spots
>WHY IS EVERYTHING CATERED TO TOURISTS
>>
>>2644780
you will never be Japanese.
Japanese cringe at the sight of you.
>>
That guy in the photo is literally a 6 at best. They are looks matched.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.