[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

What's the best Buzz out there that isn't a rape price like the Medicom one?
We've had some decent action figures like the Pixar collection or the Mirrorverse, but I don't think we've gotten a perfect 6" Buzz in his classic design yet. The closest is maybe the model kit or the revoltech.
The current 12 inch disney store Buzz isn't as good as the signature collection but is otherwise acceptable.
>>
>>10981782
What a fucking soys boy thing to want jesus fucking Christ you unimaginative retard.
>>
>>10981786
I see you're another miserable sack who can't enjoy the kino that is Toy Story 2.
>>
>>10981807
>Just an epic little kino of my wholesome and epic childhood nostalgia!

Kek
>>
>>10981782
Do yourself a favor and get SHF 2022 Lightyear while it's still near MSRP. Owning various toys of his classic version made me realize that no toy translates well from a cartoon, especially with that wide torso. If there's more than one thing that shit movie did right, it was making a normal proportionate design and deciding that it should be a SHF at all
>>
>>10981810
Did you get a sussy little boner thinking bout woody on his epic little adventures? :o
>>
File: s-l1200 (1).jpg (121 KB, 1200x1200)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
>>10981813
I'm content with the pixad spotlight version. Really any toy that can give me full articulation and a good set of wings will satisfy me. I'll look into this one more though.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (106 KB, 1280x720)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
Beast Kingdom Buzz is almost perfect but what's really the point if Buzz is fragile and has no gimmicks?
>>
is there any thread that hasn't been raped by chungusfurry?
>>
>>10981838
Is that what we're calling him? I just report all his posts and ignore.
>>
File: not a glowing toy.jpg (2.51 MB, 3840x2160)
2.51 MB
2.51 MB JPG
The biggest deal breaker for me is if the green parts do not glow in the dark.
>>
>>10981838
Is he one person? Is it a hive mind? He is an enigma, his identity secret
>>
>>10981913
We've had a few over the ages that do but they never get colors close to the movie. I might settle for the shitfarlane one since it's decently articulated and has the funny belt to represent the Buzz from TS2.
>>
>the ultimate Buzz Lightyear!
>$650
>doesn't glow
>no electronics
>no karate chop
>no movie accurate face
why can the disney store one have almost all the bells and whistles for $30 but this one cant? Fuck off
>>
>>10981813
Looks good, how much did you pay and from where?
>>
>>10981782
I picked up the signature collection one on clearance at target a year or two ago for 30 bucks. Probably the closest we'll get to a definitive Buzz toy. It's nice that the box is designed so he can be easily taken in and out of it without damaging it if you want to keep it for display. It's a little annoying that the three big yellow logos mar the otherwise movie-accurate packaging, but whatever. The only things he's missing are the karate chop action, a fully retractable helmet, and GITD paint. I understand that the first two are basically impossible to replicate IRL since the mechanisms would conflict with one another, but I don't really see why the GITD would be an issue.
>>
File: IMG_2756.jpg (1.01 MB, 3024x4032)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB JPG
Did the Revoltech Buzz glow? Because I don't think it did. I have the Revoltech EVO Unit 01, and they have GitD paint to it. It's actually pretty weak despite what it looks like in the image.
>>
by far one of my favorites memories of this place was a guy seriously breaking why it was impossible for a 100 percent movie-accurate buzz to be made
>>
>>10986887
it does not, it just has big gorilla arms sadly
>>
File: 4547.jpg (50 KB, 572x606)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>10986824
>GITD paint
I own that Buzz and it has GITD paint, but you need to "charge" it first. Get him close to a light source for a couple of minutes and then you'll be able to see the green parts in the darkness. It doesn't glow as much as in the movies, but it's still there.
>>
>>10986987
im terrified of yelowing the plastic doing that
>>
>>10986992
It's just a moment and you can use LED lights that barely emit UV crap.
>>
Just get the revoltech one. It's the best one and for the love of god ignore the SHF shills.
>>
>>10986987
Ah, so it does. It's so faint that I never noticed, but better than nothing.
>>
A buzz light year toy without a working “laser” or sound effects just seems pointless. The $30 Disney one is pretty good and nearly identical to the one I had 20 years ago. Though, for the life of me I can’t remember which exact one it was.
>>
>>10981913
I'm kind of that way too, but specifically Buzz's utility belt from TS2. Pretty much no modern figures incorporate it and it kind of makes me angry. Even more than the fact that almost none of the LGMs/Pizza Planet Aliens are rubber squeaky toys

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.