[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Last time I was into it was the mcfarlane alien queen 20 centuries ago. Then I found scale models, miniatures, etc. Have a kid now, so no time to airbrush or paint.

I thought they've always been popular when I saw them here and there in pop culture shops, but tried to get into it again this alien day, and all production is stopped everywhere. Neca seems to have retired it in 2020. Several half hearted lines by your usual suspects, bandai, kotobukiya, hot toys, etc. most retired, if not expensive af.

Only outstanding one the the insane prime 1 alien queen but it costs as much as a used car.

What happened?
>>
>>10964620
That's the confusing thing. They labelled the one with the ultimate big chap as the final wave. Either way, fte aliens have 0 interest from most people who didnt play the game.

Wish there were more scale models or better miniatures of alien. I've always loved the franchise, but there's a lack of good kits.

Hope Disney does something good with the line. If Romulus does well then we're good, but it's going to turn out shit.
>>
>>10964619
I think there's just too little new stuff to care about, the neca kenner stuff was cool, but after that? there's only so many times I can buy the xenomorph but slightly different again and again. I sold a lot of it recently but I was at the point where I had every alien I could possibly want.
In short, there's nothing to make and nothing to buy.
>>10964623
>Hope Disney does something good with the line
It's nice to hope for things, I want to believe but I look at star wars and marvel and those disney live action remakes etc.
>>
>>10964623
>Either way, fte aliens have 0 interest from most people who didnt play the game.
I bought them and I have never touched the game. I just like having unique xeno variants. Not saying there is a ton of people like me but I surely can't be the only one.
>>
>>10964651
There's a lot of Kenner alien stuff they didn't touch. King Alien, Flying Queen (which they teased on the box of one of the Predator 2 Lost Tribe figure boxes) and some more I know I am forgetting. They also didn't really do much with the Kenner Marines. They only did Ripley, Vasquez, Apone, and Drake. At minimum, I would have expected them to also do Hicks, Hudson, and Bishop, and even after that the Kenner line had O'Malley, Atax, and I think they did Frost or someone else.

NECA has been re-releasing some of the Alien stuff though, since I've seen the Resurrection Xeno, Kenner Apone, and a few other figures making their way back into stores. Its also possible that if they really are doing Wolf from AvP: R and the AvP Trio ultimates we could get Xenos from those movies again, and a Predalien.
>>
>>10964651

They could have gone with a lot of the diorama parts. Their ultimate editions did well because of egg, face hugger and chest burster. That's one of the main reasons why I prefer the mcfarlane queen, the poor woman getting chest bursted gives it a sense of scale.
>>
If you wanna try something new, the Alien and Predator stuff done by Lanard is surprisingly good.
>>
>>10964813
They were neat, but the line got cancelled pretty quickly. The Preds were pretty cool, very reminiscent of the Kenner predators. The aliens were ok. I didn't know they made the APC, though...
>>
disney seems to be the issue, even hiya dropped the ip the moment they came into power
>>10964801
>Wolf from AvP: R
never ever, faggot randy could have released it 5 years ago but insisted on retooling city hunter's clan instead. just wait for him to come with the usual bs and blame it on customers for not supporting the line
>>10964813
cool stuff, specially the apc
>>
>>10964801
Flying queen would have been pretty sick, I was never much into the people, probably because imo neca kind of sucks at people most of the time.
>>10966043
yea I gave up and bought the old sideshow figs for avp:r representation, I really don't think we'll ever get updated versions at this point, not until neca is actually broke
>>
>>10965055
It is tiny, more like a subcompact car.
>>
>>10964619
only if youre a boomer
>>
>>10964619
Well, too many things came out really. I'm a fan and I'm satiated. As you mention, we had Neca, Mcfarlane, Bandai, Koto, Mezco, Eaglemoss, Lanard, Reaction, Mega Construx of all things, etc etc. For the last 15 years we had constant product available. There's only so much people consume before getting tired of the same colonia marines and the same alien design over and over and over.
>>
File: lanard apc bike aliens.jpg (347 KB, 1600x1200)
347 KB
347 KB JPG
>>10967219
a car? More like an enclosed motorcycle.
Shit's ridiculously thin.
>>
>>10967352
Everything is OOP now and costs too much. Neca marines are going for hundreds on ebay, things like ultimate big chap much more, kotobukiya is 500.

There's no way to even get any figure from the original 3 movies for cheap.

They could have expanded into diorama stuff, just release playsets with figures, do a stairwell, spacesuit locker, sleep pods, hive floor.

Or they could do a queen that doesn't need a waist brace. Everyone loves the queen. Everyone wants to buy a queen. It'll sell no matter what.
>>
>>10967791
I'm pretty sure Ultimate Big Chap and the Ultimate Aliens Warriors get reissued a lot. I think the Targets near me still have some of the Aliens warriors.
>>
>>10964619
Popular enough to get a new gacha in Japan
https://www.hlj.com/20th-century-studio-alien-deformer-figure-collection-1box-6pcs-reissue-tta05506-3
>>
>>10964813
the Lanard alien line rocked
it was walmart exclusive and was 50% repaints of Corps! but still ruled
i have a bunch with my Mattel ones
>>
>>10964619
New movie will renew interest hopefully. I just want hot toys to do aliens again
>>
>ywn die attempting to swallow a xenomorph's load
>>
>>10967791
>Or they could do a queen that doesn't need a waist brace
This is not feasible for pretty much any screen-accurate Queen toy. Even the Revo needed a waist brace, and it was only like 6" tall. It's a spindly design with tiny high-heeled feet, a massive head, and a t-rex stance. It just was never designed to be able to balance itself.
>>
>>10968593
this is probably the best alien merch to come out in a while. they're perfect desk toys to fiddle with and look great
>>
>>10968593
that’s $18 dollars for guaranteed all 6? nice
>>
>>10974781
Case in point, the Lanard Queen: they had to shift her stance to an inaccurate "upright t-rex" and give her thicc ass legs with big stompers to make it work. Kenner did something similar with their original Queen figure.
>>
>>10974804
okay and? I want it to be accurate and get into the iconic pose. I’m not playing with her.
>>
>>10974804
> for pretty much any screen-accurate Queen
CAN YOU READ? That ugly, purple fuck isn’t screen accurate.
>>
>>10974808
Can you? That post was clearly in agreement, read it again you illiterate fucker
>>
>>10974804
love this bitch
>>
>>10974808
Lol, look at the fuckin loser nerd incel kek. Make your own it's 2024 3D printing exists.
>>
>>10975961
I bet your the same asshat that goes to those threads and never shuts up about hitting it with a hammer
>>
>>10974803
sadly it's a random 6, not a full set

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.