[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: green_vs_tan.png (209 KB, 863x374)
209 KB
209 KB PNG
>>
File: 1523262249749.jpg (325 KB, 1800x1080)
325 KB
325 KB JPG
Were those green army men toys a political statement or subliminal propoganda?

One group was in green.
The other yellow.
Both wore the same clothes and helmets.
They all used american weaponry.

Were those figures made by commie faggots in the 60s to promote a civil war in the United States?
>>
>>10946974
No. It's just cheaper to use the same mold and just make figures of different colors. I used to have a bag of fantasy monsters that were the same but one army was cast in grey plastic and the other in a brown plastic. This should be obvious because companies use this tactic (Super hero toys that reuse the same bodies over and over).
>>
Whichever side won.
>>
>>10946961
Green were always good guys. The us army is mostly portrayed in green in media. Tan was always bad guys. Just cause they had to. Hell Toy Story had green army men.
>>
>>10946961
The notion of who the "good guys" are in any war is a complex and often heartbreaking reflection on the human condition. In the crucible of conflict, lines blur, and morality becomes a casualty of the chaos. What may seem clear-cut from a distance is often muddied by the reality of the battlefield.
In every conflict, there are those who fight with noble intentions, driven by a sense of duty, honor, or a desire to protect their loved ones. These individuals may genuinely believe they are fighting for justice or freedom, striving to uphold the values they hold dear.
Yet, amidst the fog of war, the distinction between friend and foe can become blurred. Innocent lives are shattered, communities torn apart, and the very fabric of society is rent asunder. In the chaos of battle, atrocities are committed, and the line between right and wrong can become indistinguishable.
The narrative of war is often shaped by those in power, who manipulate truth and manipulate public perception to serve their own agendas. Propaganda can paint the enemy as monsters, dehumanizing them and justifying acts of violence and aggression. The fragility of humanity's moral compass.
>>
>>10946974
If you actually knew that you were talking about you'd know the original figures made in the US had different molds for different countries. Takes ten seconds to look it up on Google, yet here you are rambling about commie subversion in regards to fucking Army Men toys, which are probably the most patriotic things to ever be on toy shelves aside from like, GI Joe. I fuxking love me some Army Men. You got serious brain rot if you think there's anything subversive about them.
>>10946961
Green were always the good guys.
>>
>>10947444
TIMMEE the original producer of the plastic army men, who is still in production to this day, only has one style of men, and just changes the colors.

Its not until later when companies like BMC came along, and started making accurate uniforms to differentiate real world factions such as USA, Germany, and Japan.
>>
>>10947444
I had a set in the early 80s that had the Germans in a shade of maroon. The British Africa corps guys were yellowish. I wish I could find them again. Only one other set of army men I got came close to the details on those, but it didn't have the troop variety.
>>
Neither, both were victims of jingoistic politicians, opportunistic capitalists, and the prejudices of their cultures. Both sides committed terrible crimes against toymanity and both sides had decent people who tried to do the best for themselves, their brothers-in-arms, and their countries despite being forced into an unjustifiable conflict. That said, the leaders of Green were the closest that the Green-Tan War had to villains, having likely funded terrorist actions against their own civilians in order to stoke conflict. The decision by Tan leaders to use chemical and biological weapons in defiance of international law cannot be ignored, however, even if their operations were primarily defensive.
>>
>>10947444
>If you actually knew that you were talking about you'd know the original figures made in the US had different molds for different countries.
post proof or it's commie bullshit
>>
>>10948286
Not the very first iteration of plastic soldiers by Timmee but very soon afterward BMC and Marx were making all kinds of factions. Have a US produced Nazi by Marx from the 60s. Do some research. Commie subversion didn't plague the US until much later.
>>
File: s-l1600 (3).jpg (277 KB, 1200x1600)
277 KB
277 KB JPG
>>10948371
Let's try that again.
>>
>>10948371
Also, I should clarify that the deep rooted commie infestation had not been so bad in the 60s to have plagued the toy industry yet. That's just schizo talk.
>>
>>10948371
>nazis
>vs what are clearly vietnam-era soldiers
wat
I don't understand how that proves selling two armies of the same nation fighting each other because one is American green and the other commie yellow isn't commie subversion

I thought you were going to post some long lost AK47 figures that were in red plastic for the heroic green soldiers to fight.

You might as well have used plastic dinosaurs as proof it's not commie subversion.
>>
>>10948381
Timmee made Nam soldiers, BMC and Marx made WWII soldiers. I even attached the image after the post if you looked directly below my post. Learn to read, and learn to fucking look this shit up, you monumental faggot. Army Men toys were the most anti commie toys ever made, suck my fat rod you illiterate monkey. I fucking cannot stand you double digit IQ fucks.
>>
>>10948381
>I don't understand how that proves selling two armies of the same nation fighting each other because one is American green and the other commie yellow isn't commie subversion
How is it? Explain to me.
>>
>>10947359
Based history.
>>
OK but did y'all point them face first to shoot, or flipped them to have the barrel point at enemy?
Bang, pew or doodoodoo?
>>
>>10946961
Easy, the Light Gray-Black alliance, with the Lime paratroopers as aid. Green-Tanfag BTFO
>>
File: airfix8tharmy.jpg (71 KB, 640x480)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>10947455
Any time you're looking for old WW2 army men, check Airfix 1/32. Odds are high what you had were Airfix knock-offs, they got around. So those 8th army brits might have been pic related or a copy of pic related.
>>
>>10948492
>toy company makes toys soldiers
>soldiers are modeled after the United States Army
>toy company doesn't make toy rivals for them to fight
>instead, 1 package includes two different colored of same United States Army
>army men are supposed to fight
>civil wars are where two groups from the same nation fight each other
>uuuuuhhhhhh they're not supposed to fight each other because h-h-h-huh
>this isn't commie subversion uhhhh because uhhhhh OH LOOK AT THESE BARBIES MADE BY ANOTHER TOY COMPANY! THOSE TOY SOLDIERS ARE SUPPOSED TO FIGHT THEM. THE COLORS MEAN NOTHING!
fag
>>
>>10946974
The only civil wars that happen here are started by righties.
>>
>>10948574
That's them. Even the same shade that's a mix of mustard yellow and baby poo brown. I've also found one of the grey German soldier sets I had, because I remember the fucker swinging his gun like a club. Gonna do some digging to figure out if the maroon German officer I remember was either a ko or some other brand, since the pose I found in the Airfix sets doesn't match.
You fucking legend. Thanks.
>>
File: latest (1).png (1.3 MB, 1024x768)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB PNG
In the 3DO Army Men games it was always said that General Plastro was the enemy running the tan army. I always thought that the tans were just british troops, green were american, and blue were...fuck if I know the nazis I guess?
>>
>>10949383
So they promote patriotic kids to play as the good guys and fight commie traitor soldiers and you somehow see this as commie subversion? Okay.
>>10949884
3do had the blues be the French.
>>
>>10950080
Where are the commie soldiers?
It's only Americans fighting Americans.

It's classic conditioning, presenting American army men with their classic fatigues, helmets, and m16s as the bad guy.
>>
>>10950542
The commie bastard soldiers are the team that the patriots fight. You choose the color. Idk what's so hard for you to grasp here, schizo. Perfect toy to teach kids to fight commie traitors.
>>
>>10947385
shut up nerd
>>
>>10950609
>every other toyline had enemies and rivals for your figures to fight
>except Vietnam era toyline
>this toyline is perfect to teach kids to fight their neighbor
I didn't know we still had soviet-era commie spies still trying to sabotage the greatest nation on earth by indoctrinating kids
>>
>>10951075
>first batch of plastic soldiers ever produced only had one set of molds
>this is commie subversion
Gee it's almost like they did it first and it was cheaper to make one set of molds or something. Communism is bad, and so is your case of culture war brainrot.
>>
>>10946961
These guys
>>
>>10951489
>first batch
>150 years later
>still no enemies for them to fight
>still just green and tan versions of same vietnam era soldiers in a bag
::checks if russia is still trying their commie tricks in real life::
sure is dirty commie, except with lower IQ because all the people of real intellect was either killed or left the motherland 30 years ago
>>
File: MARS-VCDG.jpg (358 KB, 2155x1461)
358 KB
358 KB JPG
>>10951582
>still no enemies
>look up Viet Cong Army Men figures on Google
>plethora of results
Uh oh.
>but Timmee didn't do it
Why would they when other companies are already producing the enemies for them and saving them money? Schizo. Starting to wonder if you're one of those bunkerchan false flagging retards pretending to be an unhinged right winger to make us look bad. Eat shit, faggot.
>>
>>10951593
Dont show him BMC toys. He'd lose his mind.
>>
>>10951593
LMAO, holy fuck

I love how communism fucked up your head so hard that you don't understand how the rest of the world works.

What you're telling me is like Hasbro allowing other companies to make Cobra toys, so that they wouldn't have to.
Or Universal making Empire Strikes Back, so George Lucas wouldn't have to.

I guess when you're modern day commies who get high off petrol fuel because vodka is too expensive, you completely miss the point on why a toy company in the western world exists, and give away the fact the classic green and tan army men exist to indoctrinate kids

holy shit LOL. I seriously hope you're just playing at being a retarded commie spy, because that's way too perfect.
>>
>>10951595
He's obviously some false flagging shitposter, as soon as I brought that up he cranked the derangement up to 12, obvious what his motives are. Just report and ignore the faggot. Sick and tired of cocksuckers who explicitly just try to ruin discourse here for no reason other than it makes their brain give them another dopamine spike and their discord buddies suck them off for dragging culture war shit into places it doesn't belong.
>>
>>10951582
Russia hasn't been communist for at least 40 years, it's more capitalist than China. Get updated on your bogeymen once in a while.
>>
File: green vs tan army men.jpg (7 KB, 275x183)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>10951621
>it's shitposting to point out that making two armies from the same nation doesn't subminimally skew kids perception that Americans should fight each other
u am smart.

>>10951685
Russia wants the good ol' days back, hence trying to reclaim Ukraine and using that war as an intimidation tactic to other nations.
... obviously, they're failing, just like the commie subverters in this thread who have no idea how capitalism works, but it's still obvious what they're trying to do.
>>
I found pics of the fantasy themed plastic army men I had as a kid. Turns out there were also gold colored hero figures so I guess I had some sort of bootleg of a knockoff. It was recasts of the monsters from Galaxy of Heroes.
>>
File: wotg02.jpg (625 KB, 799x800)
625 KB
625 KB JPG
I most vividly remember it for these two designs. The goat man was my favorite.
>>
File: 1682902693524167.jpg (131 KB, 970x756)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
Now ask that again but with medieval black and gray soldiers
>>
>>10946961
Both are Americans so neither
>Rise of Islam and Muslim population boom
>Rise of commies in China
>Drug trade
>Gave Pakistan nukes
>Destabilized Latin America leading to their filth moving to our neighborhoods
>Destabilized Africa and Muslim cunts leading to their filth infiltrating our countries
Next time you see a service man spit on them. They are the reason the white race is dying.
>>
File: IMG_20240416_213122.jpg (437 KB, 1002x1352)
437 KB
437 KB JPG
>>10951572
I had that Dimetrodon. Also the T-Rex and carnivorous Triceratops from the same company. I miss this little nigga like you wouldn't believe.
>>
>>10952789
Something something muh commie subversion.
>>
>>10953039
>medieval times
>when rich landed folks would battled one another for whatever reason because they just could
>historical
>comparing that to modern age
who would even benefit from a civil war between two american armies during the 50s and 60s? HMM.

Was it even possible back then?
Maybe if someone inserts that idea into the younger generation, and that idea can be sparked easier, even over the dumbest of shit....
>>
>>10951572
Terabased
>>
>>10953039
Bro he's still replying to you lmao
>>
>>10953119
It's subjectanon. What did you expect?
https://vocaroo.com/1b7B0L45cCRe
>>
The green guys. The yellow ones were Asian. Obviously.
>>
>>10953048
Look up kent state. It almost happened.
>>
File: s-l500 (4).jpg (45 KB, 500x500)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>10952789
Or ask it about the all-time classic...

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.