[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: image (1).jpg (1.26 MB, 3033x1604)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB JPG
I just saw these figs at the dollar store.
What is going on?
>>
>>10946956
Shelf warmers that didn't sell even after clearance prices. Seen these figures and more at Ross for 3 bucks each.
>>
>>10946956
were they for a dollar tho?
>>
>>10946987
I expect that from kid Anakin and z-list characters but kenobi and dindu should sell
>>
>>10947072
That whole wave was just grossly overproduced. It was made with the intention of putting a bunch of older figures back into international markets who couldn't get them easily the first time they were released.
>>
>>10946956
I thought all the Zoomers love the prequels now? Guess not. Dogshit figures for a dogshit trilogy. You’ll never see original trilogy stuff hit the clearance stores.
>>
>>10947090
I don't think you understand. Its not that people didn't want them, its that hasbro printed like a thousand copies of the toy for every one collector buying them. Hasbro has been overproducing the fuck outta start wars for a while now. And stores are getting crates with just thousands of the same handful of figures instead of lots of variety.
>>
>>10947082
What's ridiculous is that I haven't see any of the retro carded stuff in stores and it's been a looooon time since I've seen Archive Series either. The Last Jedi wave with old Leia, pink dress bitch, and the alien bartender was probably the last one I saw much of in stores. Now it's usually just the dindu leftover or whatever dindu is the store exclusive. I didn't think distribution could sink lower but they have kept digging so long they should've reached China years ago.
>>
>>10947082
>rerelease figures to improve availability in international markets
>forget to ship them to international markets so they rot at Ross instead
Classic Hasbro.
>>
>>10947090
>You’ll never see original trilogy stuff hit the clearance stores.
But it has and it does you fucking moron. Dr Evazon, Ponda Baba & Leia Yavin Ceremonial BS, and the WM exclusives Legacy including Endor Leia and Death Star Droid just off the top of my head were at Ollies, Ross, etc.
>>
>>10947251
Some of that was pandemic. China prefers empty boats to come back directly to it and as quickly as possible so that they can put more of their cheap ass shit and send it back to the states.

Winnie the Poo doesn't care if American's are paying his factories to produce shit for India or Latin America, it will get on those boats ONLY after Chinese owned companies have shit to send directly to those countries AND only then if there is space to send Kenner crap.
>>
>>10947090
black series tarkin and lando are warming pegs in clearance stores across the country.
>>
>>10950764
>Latin America,

but they make their own shit, you fucking retard, only americans are fat and lazy
>>
>>10950912
I feel bad for Lando
>>
>>10946956
Target, Walmart, Gamestop, BestBuy, etc don't want to sell toys.
>>
>>10947090
>>10947112
>>10947305
>>10950912
maybe americans have a problem with celerity worship and needing to own stupid fucking six inch scale collectibles for that epic 1/12 display
>>
File: TVC NO MORE.jpg (229 KB, 720x1195)
229 KB
229 KB JPG
>>10946956
Yakface is reporting that TVC may be dead at retail.
>>
>>10951245
Always has been.
>>
>>10951245
That honestly doesn't surprise me. Sad to see but we might get even more limited stuff in the next few years. There were rumors the line might only have been given a few more years life line by Hasbro.
>>
>>10951535
No, that's not true. That's impossible.
>>
>>10951245
Good, now they can focus on black series
>>
>>10946956
Which store?
>>
File: IMG_7618.png (554 KB, 750x553)
554 KB
554 KB PNG
>>10952098
>wanting more blacked series shit
Ngmi
>>
>>10951245
>make 3/4 of each wave shitty nuwars characters no one cares about for years
>surprised when sales tank
honestly surprised it took this long
figures are beyond overpriced for what you get with zero justification for it
i'll gladly take slightly worse articulation if the figures are at a reasonable price
>>
>>10952087
I see what you did there.

But yeah, Star Wars has been virtually gone from retail for a few years here. Retro/archive stuff shows up at Ollies but never in store. All I've seen lately is the windowless boxes for 4" figures with inexplicably high prices like $32 or something on them.
>>
>>10952502
>Star Wars has been virtually gone from retail for a few years

Based
>>
>>10952474
>i'll gladly take slightly worse articulation if the figures are at a reasonable price
Hard same. Honestly i feel that TVC is over articulated now if that makes any sense

I miss T-hips on 3.75 star wars figures
>>
File: IMG_0194.jpg (25 KB, 281x608)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
Ill be fucking livid if they dont complete the OG star wars figure line up. The only figure they havent gotten too is this imperial dignitary and ive legit been asking for him for years now
>>
>>10952539
word has it there for sure is a TVC haslab coming May 4th, my guess is it will be a Lamda Shuttle and bet it will come with him carded and a crew pilot.
>>
>>10952833
That’s fucking scandalous. Hide the completer figure behind the paywall of a Haslab which is going to be an extremely overpriced remake of an item we already have.

Hasbro at this point should make the hard decision and not renew. Let someone else stumble and fall trying to bring the line to shelves with the crap selection they’re given. This brand is so beyond dead it’s not even funny anymore.
>>
>>10952842
Forgot my profile pic
>>
>>10952842
Completer? What about the elbow of cloud city extra #9?
>>
File: IMG_9948.png (74 KB, 426x389)
74 KB
74 KB PNG
>>10952833
Ya know the worst part is that i want this figure so badly that id actually probably buy it primarily for him. Id hate for hasbro to paywall the figure bundled in a big ticket item like the other guy said but like im so buck broken into this line id probably still buy it

But seriously if they do cancel TVC im fucking done with star wars for the most part. I always hated black series for sidelining the 3.75 figures which imo should always have been the standard for star wars figures and now it seems that cycle of black series trying to kill 3.75 star wars is finally complete. I will resent hasbro for finally killing any interest i have in the merch for whats arguably the biggest IP through out my life. But like others have said here thats kinda what they get when all they make is awful figures from shit like andor or the sequels and shit
>>
>>10952833
All of the people who hinted at the last one being The Ghost have been doing the same with this one that it's going to be a Cantina playset. Probably in the same vein as the Jabba/Boba Fett throne room set.
>>
>>10946956
>prequel fans realizing they’re a smaller minority then baby yoda fans
>>
>>10946987
Nearly every SW toy I find at Ross is stuff I never saw even once at Target or Walmart, and I go to both a lot.
>>
File: Lizard_Laughing.gif (266 KB, 498x330)
266 KB
266 KB GIF
>>10947112
Then I will take them from the dumpsters soon
>>
>>10953931
>omg I heckin LOVE baby Yoda!
>oh, I don't care for Star Wars haha
>>
>>10959586
Same here but it's not just Star Wars. Target and Walmart just don't stock toys and haven't for years.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.