[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Most-wanted.png (234 KB, 1000x1000)
234 KB
234 KB PNG
It's sad how Overwatch, LoL and Fortnite have fallen, while all these different Roblox waves end up hogging the aisle instead
>>
>>10945708
It’s funny because these don’t sell well either, I’ve seen plenty of these things at ross
>>
>>10945708
These are baby toys for little babies, fat gamer loser
>>
>>10945842
Perfect for you then, right?
>>
>>10945708
The Overwatch and LoL toylines didn't fall, they just never got off the ground. Both lines were pretty awful, but at least the LoL 6" one had the decency to super discount it's figures quick.

Fortnite however had three different successful 6" lines and still has a successful 4" line running iirc. Shame the line ended on Hasbro's watch, as they were putting out some of the best figures yet, but the fact all three of the companies making the figures were able to put out bangers is hugely impressive in it's own right.

The Roblox stuff just sucks though, just like the game it's all about pumping out cheap garbage at a constant rate.
>>
>>10945708
wow, those look like shit
>>
>>10946770
Because they're 5poa shit. And I AM saying if they were articulated better, it would make a difference
>>
>>10948021
no, they would still look like shit
>>
>>10948074
At least they'd be posable shit, worth buying even
>>
>>10945708
No mention of Apex Legends....
Well, Jakks did mess that one up pretty bad...
>>
>>10948124
My bad. But I personally don't think that was worth a toyline in comparison
>>
File: s-l400.png (248 KB, 400x295)
248 KB
248 KB PNG
Personally I just think it's absolutely bizarre how the Roblox toys have essentially gone license free?
Here are toys from Blox Fruits, a popular One Piece fan game on Roblox.
These toys aren't branded as being related to Roblox OR One Piece, the two aspects that comprise Blox Fruits.
It's crazy how they are stretching IPs today.
>>
>>10948084
NTA but these would have no appeal even if they had great articulation. They barely even look like the characters from the game they represent since they are trying to avoid likeness to Roblox so they don't have to actually pay Roblox.
>>
Roblox is like lego and is for toddlers.
>>
>>10948347
Sounds like a little wholesome Based and Kino.
>>
>>10945934
It didn't help that the OW line also came out at a time when the game was losing relevancy as well as some baffling character choices for who they released.

>Release Reyes instead of standard Reaper.
>Anya and Sombra instead of Zenyatta, Mei, Widowmaker or Symmetra.
>Make D.Va but only as a repaint and only in an exclusive 4 pack with other repaints.
>Two Reinhardt figures but no Roadhog, Winston, D.Va's Mech or Bastion.

The paint apps were generally nice but Hasbro's notable gummy plastic was in full force, making actual posing difficult. That or shitty plastic like Pharah and Mercy's wings not having solid enough connections that make them fall out easy. Thank fuck I only paid those eBay clearance prices years ago or else I would have been pissed I wasted my money.
>>
>>10953115
>>Release Reyes instead of standard Reaper.
This i consider a valid decision because of the Figma. I hate it whenever more than one company gets the same IP, but there isn't any communication that keeps them from releasing the same character/s. On one hand, one company does it better, but then it ends up a lost chance to get someone else instead.
>>
>>10945934
>pretty awful,
>overwatch
Idk what are you talking about. it was pretty damn great.
PS:
I never seen LoL figures ever.
>>
>>10953115
>gummy plastic
>>10945934
>Fortnite however had three different successfu
oh it's those faggots that keep repeating these things in every Overwatch thread.

holy shit what a bunch of retards.
>>
>>10953969
Pretty much.
also Reyes is a cool figure. much better than generic reaper one

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.