[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 38bq7m.jpg (1.16 MB, 2048x1418)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB JPG
post yalls nerf loadouts for HVZ or other Nerf Wars.
List your
>primary
>secondary
>mags/drums
>other stuff
>>
>>10937236
Why has NERF discussion did on /toy/? Is it something Hasbro did, or was it the retarded board changes they implemented.
>>
>>10938997
They're toys. Where else do you think it should go, /k/?
>>
>>10941715
I wasn't saying it doesn't belong on /toy/. I was asking why it isn't talked about on this board anymore.
>>
>>10941734
Sorry, I misunderstood.
I'm not sure why Nerf generals don't get much traction here. Every now and then there's a good discussion, but it's usually not active enough to stay up long with all of the nonstop repost threads on the board.
>>
>>10941751
Sadly Nerf as a brand just doesn't seem as strong as it did a few years back. For a while we had fantastic N-strike stuff, fun Zombie blasters, Modulus brought the Tacti-cool attachments and Rival made these things feel serious. Then Hasbro shifted gears and dropped all the good lines, started pumping out Ultra and licensed blasters and cheapo stuff and the whole hobby moved away from Nerf as a whole and focused more on home builts and 3d print crap.

Dartzone had a nice run of cool half-dart blasters, but it was impossible to get the pistols where I am and that bothers me to no end. The Revolver was on shelves, but neither of the clip/mag fed Pro blasters would even ship to me. The Tomcat is lots of fun though, feels real nice and the drum is actually easy to deal with.

As for personal Stock Nerf kit I run, I usually go with the Rayven with the Modulus shotgun Barrel attachment, a belt rig with four pouches that can each hold 2 mags (depending on how tight I cram em in) and a Barrelstrike with the barrel attachment removed as my backup pistol. I could also replace any of the mags with a doublestrike giving me a belt that could hold five different pistols. I also have a grenade loaded with trimmed up elite dart heads that's always fun to drop into a game.

I've been planning on picking up the Moto Blitz as it's basically the same concept of what I use (bullpup with shotgun underbarrel) but far sturdier and with a much wider spread shotgun, but the damn thing is never on sale. It's easily the best gun Nerf has put out in years and a good reminder of what Hasbro can do if they actually put effort into the line.
>>
>>10943311
im not that serious abt nerf, i just use whatever blasters look cool to me. fav one is probably the Rough Cut 2x4
>>
Was there really such strong competition that they made their catchphrase NERF OR NOTHING
>>
>>10943990
Eh, I only use my "loadout" when futzin about with family and friends. All my gear is old paintball stuff that just happens to work really well with Nerf accessories. I never went to any big meet ups or nerf wars and I'm well past the point I'd even want to in all honesty. But it's still fun to strap on a harness full of mags and blasters and tacticool my way around the house every now and then.

>>10944017
For a long time it was a very literal catchphrase as Nerf didn't even have real competition. Other then the stray Dartzone blaster or expensive build your own kits, no blasters came close to the quality or effectiveness of Nerf stuff. But then Hasbro cheaped out the brand while others upped their game, so now even the "discount" stuff can give Nerf blasters a run for their money.

And it's not even close when it comes to actual darts, the Nerf darts are easily the worst and most overpriced ones out there. Cheap chinese companies or even Dartzone's offerings fly better/farther/faster/harder then the standard nerf dart.
>>
>>10941751
threads were a bit more active up until a few months ago but unironically they died off around the time coop closed his youtube channel. I'm not sure if that's related or just an odd coincidence (like the other anon pointed out the quality of nerf as a brand has been on the decline for years)
>>
>>10944493
I think coop was just the only real big nerf YT channel at the time
>>
>>10945561
He was the only one I could stand watching, and his overall consistency was very nice when deciding which blasters were worth grabbing. I wouldn't say him quitting is why we stopped having Nerf threads, but I will suggest him stepping back from the hobby was something a lot of people also did around that time, as everyone just gave up on Nerf's newest releases.
>>
>>10937236
I just bought my first nerf gun since the days of the Maverick, it's a Hammershot. pew pew pew Imma cowboy
>>
>>10945772
He saw what was coming and got out while he could. The hobby has devolved into endless 3D printed $300+ shit that look more and more like real guns, shilled by trannies and criminals like Drac.
>>
>>10945972
Congrats, you have one of the best guns that's come out since the maverick days of nerf. They made a girl boss version that is just as slick if not slicker. I think they recently regurgitated it out with ninja turtles all over it, so if you're into customizing then check that out.
>>
File: IMG_9711.jpg (330 KB, 2000x1698)
330 KB
330 KB JPG
Let me guess, you need more?
>>
>>10947068
I miss what the hobby used to be. The blaster quality has fallen in the toilet on almost every brand. No one really buys blasters to mod to take to a war anymore. No one really does integrations or makes cool builds like everyone used to. Its just what 3D printed parts kit do you feel like buying. The hobby isnt nerf MODDING anymore it all feels like airsoft with a different ammo.
>>
I'm going to the UMBC HVZ invitational next week, can't wait to stand in a hot field with a bunch of sweaty "influencers" for 6 hours straight! Ok but seriously does anybody know if modern hvz is bad as people say? I was going to bring some kind of sneaky loadout (springer pistol and good game sense) but apparently the mods/jannies will get pissy if you leave the main group of humans.
>>
>>10947737
something broke internally on mine and it won't stay cocked

worst part is you can take it apart without cracking the shell
>>
>>10948770
I was there last year and will be there this year as well. There is 0 reason to leave the group and fuck off on your own. You won't be doing anything but acting like an idiot and not contributing to a human victory. There are definitely a lot of cringe influencer people though. Some of them are alright, but others are so ridiculous that it's embarrassing being near them. Capt. Xavier himself isn't too bad, but his "auxiliary" is completely full of larping homos that want desperately to be in the actual military and couldn't handle it. Wish there was a way we could ID each other, but I'm not outing myself on 4chan. This hobby is full of the worst kinds of people and you don't get far with certain opinions. I just grit my teeth and bare it sometimes. Also, a springer pistol isn't a very viable primary weapon and it's going to get you taken out quickly if you ever get focused on. There are experienced zombie players that are incredibly difficult to deal with and will focus you especially if you go off on your own.
>>
>>10937236
If we're not talking just Nerf, I have a small unconventional loadout...

>Air Warriors Ultra-Tek Sentinel
>Nerf Doomlands Persuader (akimbo)
>6-round mag, 10-round mag, a couple Kinder Maxi eggs full of rival balls.
>The Nerf Dog ball launcher
>>
has anyone taken apart the dog ball launcher? i kinda wanna mod. I know its an elastic launcher, so methinks i can just cut the band in half or something
>>
>>10953724
If the Persuader weren't so fuckoff massive with extra shit on them, I'd like it much more.
>>10948770
Come to 11th Hour as well.
>>
>>10945972
If its one of the newer made-in-India ones, return it. They have shit quality control. Find an older made-in-China one.
>>
File: v.png (108 KB, 420x240)
108 KB
108 KB PNG
I'm gonna be picking up a villainator later today, and I can probably run a strongarm as my sidearm, maybe shove a jolt in my pocket as well
>>
File: pewpewpew.jpg (655 KB, 3024x4032)
655 KB
655 KB JPG
I got a X-shot Motorized Rage Fire. I took out the gatling parts and built a new outer barrel thing. It is supposed to be a WH40k Heavy Stubber now. This is for larp purposes
>>
>>10959411
I think you have to make the tip orange to show that it is indeed a toy gun and doesnt fire real bullets
>>
File: orange.jpg (346 KB, 2464x1632)
346 KB
346 KB JPG
>>10959754
No he doesn't. That's typically reserved for product retail.
>>
>>10937236
there's been exactly two fucking foam guns im into in the last year, the Rival Breakaction Pistol and the Dart Zone Pro Folding Jolt thing. Neither are sold where I am and are both seemingly impossible to find online. so yeah, I think if I cant get the only 2 blasters I'd want the entire concept of foam blasters is functionally dead at mainstream.
>>
>>10959754
>>10960088
It's only legally required for selling but it is an extremely good idea to paint the tip orange if you ever plan to use it outdoors in a public area. Pretty much every club in the US has it as a rule just so a member of the public doesn't call the cops and get the group shut down.
>>
File: persuader.jpg (83 KB, 1280x720)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
Well, I'm convinced.
>>
File: Captain Xavier.webm (2.96 MB, 1280x720)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB WEBM
>*starts a literal cult*

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.