[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 09052024120500.jpg (278 KB, 1408x690)
278 KB
278 KB JPG
What's a concept you always wanted to play/DM but never got the chance? (Not yet at least)

I've always wanted to run something like picrel, where my players are a bunch of "regular nobodies" with one or two special abilities (a doctor, a daredevil, a pilot, etc) that solve mysteries and world ending threats using just their limited resources and their witts
I'm thinking on using Marvel FASERIP considering there's already a Halo module which just would need a couple of tweaks to work as I intend
>>
>>92747546
Repetetive thread, but a good one.

1. Fantasy crime drama in alternative american 20-30s.
2. American squperhero saga through the XX century with mix of real history and culture.
3. Mix of Grim Fairy Tales, industrial revolution, and political intrigue.
4. Shonen about teenage demon hunters in the modern age.
>>
1. Power rangers/Animorphs/Harry Potter YA episodic adventures

2. Post-apocalyptic rebuilding/neo medieval era using real world maps for geography and decayed roads/cities/infrastructure.

3. Historical early medieval setting involving PCs with asymmetrical power who are part of a household.

4. Ghost in The Shell style setting detective mystery/action

5. Business tycoon game. No idea, but I just like the idea of making money in a game.

6. I like OP's idea
>>
File: lizardman-sword.jpg (88 KB, 685x756)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>92747546
If you're trying to simulate action stuff like A-Team I'd suggest Feng Shui or Savage Worlds, depending on how rules light you wanted to go.
Personally I'd like to try running a game in the all-beastfolk world I made when i was 12 with a non-furry group , but that's probably just a pipe dream.
>>
>>92747546
I've often thought about doing a really super high tech setting, but have the players infiltrating either a modern or medieval world for some goals. Basically The Culture, where players would have access to all the toys a super civilization could have, but would need to keep that stuff on the down low. Unfortunately none of my usual group are into scifi at the kind of level where they could come up with stuff like that on the fly.

A game based on Made in Abyss where the players are just average delvers not going too deep. Requiring a resource management game of keeping tabs on the supplies going down, picking and choosing artifacts that would help them be more lucrative vs selling artifacts to finance themselves, sometimes with an added layer of a foreign sponsor giving a quota of artifacts or they lose access to the Abyss altogether. Facing the nightmare hole for profit and fun.

A setting where every conspiracy theory is true, but still a conspiracy. Players would start out as the strongmen of an eccentric billionaire acquiring what looks like random junk with stupid SCP-like stories attached. Then the players slowly start running into stuff thats less deniably non-supernatural. Eventually ramping up to the point they might be fighting UFO piloting moon-nazis over the great ice wall separating Earth from Atlantis. The goal being having a moment where they go "didn't we start out trying to steal a lamp that turned itself off when you weren't looking?"
>>
File: 20240430_111003.jpg (217 KB, 1520x2048)
217 KB
217 KB JPG
>>92747546
Op here: When I said "play" I also mean characters you want to try not just the whole idea of the game

I, for example, would like to play as a Space Ranger (Buzz Lightyear, Peter Quill, etc) but for some reason Ive never been in a game that lets me
>>
>>92747546
You are just describing Delta Green.
>>
>>92747546
Seems very pulp adventure. Indiana Jones comes to mind.
>>
>>92748524
But I don't like Delta Green. Similar to GURPS, I found it... Confusing
Tbf maybe it's not and I'm just retarded but idk something about those two keeps me away
>>
>>92747546
There was an AdEva game concept I was building out before our group for it fell apart years ago, back when playtesting V3 was still a thing. The core idea that would have taken most of the campaign to filter down in full to the players was that there was something trapped on Earth and it essentially uplifted humanity for the sole purpose of using us to free itself, the metaphor that the players would come to understand it through being an exiled king locked in a cell that trains rats to gnaw his chains. He cares not how many rats break their teeth on the metal, only that EVENTUALLY the chain is weakened so much that he can free himself. The 'Angels' in this case are basically his jailers, woken up by us incrementally weakening his bindings. With each Jailer defeated, the King can afford to use more of his power to influence reality around the island on which he is sealed, resulting in retroactive changes that only the players notice.

The final conflict handed to the players is that if the jailers ever take notice of humanity itself, they will sterilize the planet to stop them from fulfilling the purpose that the King made us for. Once the jailers are taken care of, the King gives us 2 choices: we can either willingly dedicate ourselves to freeing him, and serve as his army as he returns to the stars to wage war upon those who imprisoned him... or we can refuse, and he will take back what gifts he has given mankind (wiping us out) to regain the strength to break out the rest of the way himself by force. Option three is that we butcher the king and take his power for our own, a fight that will be very difficult for us to win.
>>
>>92747546
Literally anything that isn't fantasy or D&D since it borderline doesn't exist. No, the existence of books and such being sold is irrelevant if no one plays them.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.