[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: lasersnoot.jpg (440 KB, 1224x1632)
440 KB
440 KB JPG
Leedle leedle leedle lee edition

>Previous Heresy: >>92695622

『Horus Heresy』
>Official Website
https://thehorusheresy.com/
>New to The Horus Heresy? Here’s Everything You’ll Need to Get Started
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/05/30/new-to-the-horus-heresy-heres-everything-youll-need-to-get-started/
>Official FAQ/Errata/Downloads:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/faqs/#the-horus-heresy
https://www.warhammer-community.com/downloads/#the-horus-heresy
>Thread FAQ (very old, remembers Age of Terra)
https://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8 (embed)
https://pastebin.com/8riDmnhS (embed)
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
https://pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp (embed)
https://1d6chan.miraheze.org/wiki/Age_of_Darkness-Warhammer_30k/2.0_Tactics/General_Tactics
>Fluff(visions and BL)
/folder/FepmWCBL#mVFzgCLouF_RDkRX9LgNeg
/folder/OiATGCjK#jW1dY6KRM6zshg0A7bvWkA
>HH1 Black Books
/folder/s9xQ3CiA#9a594y1utfRGxKLxiIy2aQ/folder/QkpUCIhK
>HH2 Rules and Supplements
/folder/7jYhnbzT#CHimCvMfmF86Gwoc7nh4ZA

『Adeptus Titanicus』
>Rules and supplements
/folder/s9xQ3CiA#9a594y1utfRGxKLxiIy2aQ/folder/p5YjXaLL
>List of Titan Legions with Badges and Colours
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17Jccq0V--SwJifLVLwbisYnQeqLlS2pMSiPbGXp1Brs/htmlview
>More lists
https://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/List_of_Titan_Legions
>What size magnets do I need?
5x1mm
>Tactics
https://1d6chan.miraheze.org/wiki/Adeptus_Titanicus/Tactics
>homemade missions:
https://clawsandfists.blogspot.com/2019/09/matched-play-missions-for-adeptus.html

>Thread question:
Besides more phosphex and the angry robots the dark angels had, what do you imagine the "forbidden weapons" the tech savy factions kept pulling out of the vaults is like?
>>
>>92722900
TQ: Probably Rad based weapons. I imagine the Rad cleansers that mechanicus are fond of would have their meaner and larger counterparts to be borne by marine vehicles early on in the crusade. Think Rad missle Launchers but on steroids.
For in game terms, I could imagine something like Rad Shells for the kratos being Heavy 1 R24" S4, AP-2, Fleshbane, Blast 5" , Gets hot.
Be a cool upgrade for like 15 points.
>>
>>92722900
TQ:
Probably Warp-based weapons, Vortex weapons, other DaoT tech that the mechanicus would've oiled their robes over like physics defying weapons, tons of archaeotech, probably some large amount of darklight weapons, a few AI's to throw around, probably proto-daemon engines, chrono-weapons, etc...
>>
>TQ
Grey goo capsules. Ancient terraforming technology that originally worked to make a world habitable, but went off during the old night. Instead it scours worlds, turning them to lifeless husks devoid of any complex molecules.
>>
File: 1714587947638881.jpg (307 KB, 1280x1121)
307 KB
307 KB JPG
>>92722900
repost from last thread
Does the SA Russ have 1 or 2 gravis autocannons in the turret?
>>
Does the right shoulderpad on this guy look too 40k? I want to spice up my crusade veterans with xenos trophies, but ‘nids weren’t around and the chitin is fairly nid-y
>>
>>92723423
who cares. it has 1 vanquisher in the turret
>>
>>92722900
>TQ
There were some real neat ideas for this somewhere once. Dunno if it was Bligh's notes that got talked about on a FW open day, or that it was in Angels of Caliban. Vortex shells for vindicators was one of them, which already sounds pretty cool. Imagine having a misfire and the shell activating inside the barrel whilst you're inside the tank lmao
>>
File: f4e.png (82 KB, 1192x364)
82 KB
82 KB PNG
>>92722900
>Besides more phosphex and the angry robots the dark angels had, what do you imagine the "forbidden weapons" the tech savy factions kept pulling out of the vaults is like?
The Eighth sleeper, the Argesine formula and the Sarcosan Wave.
Horrors of the Old Night that are as scary as they are undefined, that would make the Armatos Necroteknica blush and sweat.
All of that buried under scores of paired bolt pistols, the true war crime guns.
>>
>>92723669
Kill yourself
>>
>>92723669
>Is this thing that only exists in 40k too 40k?
>>
File: sex.jpg (222 KB, 715x837)
222 KB
222 KB JPG
>>92723698
Remember that warlord titans used to be able to strap FOUR vortex missiles to their carapace mounts.
>>
>>92723780
>>92723748
>tyranids are the only chitinous creatures in warhammer
I’ll accept it, what xenos were around? Were aspect warriors invented yet? Were the orks of Ulanor similar enough to ork bits available?
>>
>>92723864
The Great Crusade made thousands of xenos species extinct, do whatever you want.
>>
File: Mork 'ave mercy.png (121 KB, 811x507)
121 KB
121 KB PNG
>>92723845
Imagine being able to do that in Titanicus
>>
>>92723864
The thing is, people associate that certain chitinous armour with tyranids, so even when you put it on a 30k model people will be reminded of tyranids. If you make it look different enough it can still work.

Eldar aspect warriors were around, have shown up in HH novels, and it's been canon for a long time now that it was aspect warriors that attempted to assassinate baby Angron because a farseer divined what he would become.
Orks have always been orks.
>>
File: images (1) (18).jpg (35 KB, 394x600)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>92723877
>TFW we're gonna rivet-count Tyranids now
There were Orks, there were Eldar, 10k years is a rounding error for necrons, and the "kraken egg" that Leman Russ owned opens in 40k and genestealers come out of it.
Basically the only thing you really can't use in 30k is Tau. And the Interex is kinda the same thing
Pic is xel'naga-era primal Zerg
>>
File: 1699776562118251.png (201 KB, 382x322)
201 KB
201 KB PNG
>>92723669
that pad, arm and knife are all one piece on the sprue, so he'd be out of scale with his other arm

literally just the pad, if you can separate it, doesn't look too obviously tyranid-y, particularly with a non-tyranid paint job
>>
File: scratchmade Imperator.jpg (94 KB, 768x960)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>
>>92723864
>what xenos were around?
none thats the whole point of 30k
>>
>>92724069
during the crusade, retard
>>
>>92723669

thinking about it some more, some of the AoS/WarCry kits might be useful; there's some similar portions of Kroxigor that could be converted to similar effect (though at that point you may as well sculpt the piece onto a pauldron yourself), the Kruleboyz are festooned with similar trophies etc

plus don't forget the citadel skulls kit has various alien/monster skulls, including the clawed fiends
>>
>>92723669
>kill some prick of a xenos once
>strut around for decades with a bit of their bone on your shoulder
really what would entail needing to keep any kind of battle trophy on their person
>>
>>92723679
You know what I mean, for the all autocannon turret.
>>
>>92724108
>>kill some prick of a xenos once
>>strut around for decades with a bit of their bone on your shoulder
Happened in Murder
>>
>>92723423
FAQ says 1
>>
>>92724166
that was for like five minutes before he got scolded
>>
>>92724166
Do we have any details on Murder? Iirc there was some brief bit about how some EC commander took a hit to his pride, and the Sanguinius book mostly focused on the Blood Angels and Luna Wolves.
>>
>>92724211
Those were some intense minutes though
>>
Garrius, just what the fuck happened at Larissan!
>>
was it intentionally ironic when Lorgar called the Custodes test-tube babies? or was that part of the lore not ironed out as much?
>>
>>92724307
>some EC commander
You mean fucking Eidolon?
>>
>do we know anything about murder
idk maybe try reading the fucking HH books?
>>
File: 20240506_230328.jpg (3.13 MB, 4032x3024)
3.13 MB
3.13 MB JPG
Working on my Reavers for AT/LI.
>>
>>92723944

It's actually not canon that Aspect Warriors tried to kill Angron. It's not even stated to be Eldar at all.
>>
>>92724069

Eldar and orks were definitely around. Could be squig hide.
>>
>>92724108
The terran marines often did it, especialy pre primarchs. NL did post being rejoined with their primarch too. Esoterists and WB would wear anything that strenghtens their link to the warp or lets them control it better, which included stuff like skulls and bones of psycho sensetive races like orcs or necron.

Also tyranid scout races were within the our galaxy at the time of the crusade.
>>
File: 20240506_221643.jpg (3.11 MB, 4000x3000)
3.11 MB
3.11 MB JPG
Anyone know a good black primer? Spray or airbrush? Fuck army painter
>>
>>92725981
Vallejo Black Primer through an airbrush. If resin, make sure its clean before priming; alternatively, rattle can Krylon Short Cuts Flat Black.
>>
>>92725663
>anything that strenghtens the link to the warp
>psycho sensetive[sic]
>necron
Starting off strong for the most retarded post of today's thread. Not even 50 posts in and we have this gem.
>>
File: 1696261563416085.jpg (148 KB, 535x464)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
stillmania... but with 20 siege tyrants.
>>
>>92725981
Molotow paints ate cheap and effective artist quality primers. I recommend them.
>>
>>92725663
Are you retarded?
>>
>>92725137
No, I don't think I will.
>>
>>92724307
There’s wiki articles you can read if you don’t want to read the books, though i would really recommend you to do so since the first ones are the best in the series imho.
>>
>>92723669
Use the skull kit or some third party alien skulls/skeletons, there’s plenty out there.
>>
>>92726289
3 coats of gloss varnish?
>>
>>92724976
Larissan explains it all
>>
>>92725173
Based AT practitioner
FUCK Legio Mortis
>>
>>92724307
It was in Fulgrim. The EC majorly fuck up, the Blood Angels take major casualties, and the whole thing was pointless from the start.
>>
File: 20240507_140538.jpg (58 KB, 700x530)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
Got the head finished.
>>
>>92723423
What do the weird smilies made with the colon and the back to front Y around their heads mean?
>>
>>92727662
Nice.
Is the whole thing printed or just the front piece?
>>
>>92727682
ドドドドドドドドドドドドドドドド
It's just meant to be a rumbling sound effect.
>>
>>92727724
Just the head, I'll probably print the rest at some point. I still need to get round to properly basing the painted warhound.
>>
>>92727325

You just jealous because you ain't us.

Death walks!
>>
>>92724307
What do you mean do we have any details? It’s literally like a sixth of the first five books.
>>
>>92727682
https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/%E3%83%89
It’s a Japanese character for the sound “do” with a short o, “doh” like Homer Simpson would say. Dodododododododo is the sound dramatic rumbling makes in Japan.
>>
>>92722900
>TQ
I think a lot of it would be weapons that lack the precision of guns or missiles. Rad weapons, massive neutron producing bombs that turn the landscape and people radioactive, graviton weapons that create semi-permanent effects, vortex and warp based weapons, bioweapons or nanites that can lay dormant for years and then strip a person to the bone in minutes when disturbed, rapidly evolving or learning weapons be they microscopic organisms or terrifying monsters, stasis weapons that disrupt the local flow of time and potentially leave pockets of distorted time that become dangers for years to come, all that kind of good stuff.

I think that in terms of infantry level weapons we’d see big powerful arc weapons (more advanced lightning guns) that chain from surface to surface and are really bad to fire in close quarters. Maybe more stuff along the volkite idea with needle guns that deliver bacteria that induce fission in the target’s body so they swell up and burst like a balloon while covering their friends in armour meltingly hot good that’s also radioactive. We could also see more advanced versions of what the DA have - field projectors that spit out rays that resonate with nerve cells and cause them to rupture and die as the target drops to the ground unable to control their own body. Perhaps smaller versions of the null-based weapons like the sinistratum tenebrae that cause no apparent physical harm but cause warriors to slump to the ground as though the life has simply been plucked out of them. We’d definitely see stasis grenades and shells, there’s several references to them and the effects they have on those unfortunate enough to get hit by them.

Besides all that, I think there would also be a lot of use of weapons that have long term deadly or debilitating effects - weapons not designed for a combat advantage, but for extermination.
>>
>>92722900
>Besides more phosphex and the angry robots the dark angels had, what do you imagine the "forbidden weapons" the tech savy factions kept pulling out of the vaults is like?
Three bolt pistols.
>>
>>92729310
Someone must stop your criminal hand
>>
>>92729392
He'd better bring four pistols if he wants to stand a chance.
>>
>>92729495
Six bolt pistols in a flintlock brace
The rounds are so warcrime inducing that the barrels are fucked after one shot
>>
>>92729495
Worst of all, Vheren Ashuraddon rules wise seems to have 4 (Banestrike) bolt pistols.
But doesn't seem to have a brace of bolt pistols hanging around. Like those Eldar corsairs do
>>
>>92725981
For airbrush, I always recommend Vallejo Mecha Color. Goes on smooth and gives a tough finish, plus it's fairly amenable to doing touch-ups with the brush if you have to scrape off a stray bit of dust or something that got caught under it
>>
File: IMG_8181.png (353 KB, 640x682)
353 KB
353 KB PNG
>>92722900
>TQ
I imagine it’s stuff similar to some hinted at weapons from another series, Project Moon. In that setting, corporations have giant wars over districts and use technology normally used for profit as unconventional but debately more dangerous and fucked up weapons, so much so that everyone involved in these mini wars have to be mind wiped after to forget how terrible they were. Some stuff I imagine going with this line of thinking is
>Bombs that reverse or increase aging rapidly to the point someone can turn into a literal fetus or a dried out husk in the blink of an eye
>Guns that liquify people but keep them alive so they’re just a sentient puddle of guts, eyes and teeth
>Mines that explode and keep people frozen in time in a locked ‘stasis bubble’ forever
>Serums that can turn ordinary people into chimera-like monsters with bladed bug appendages and chitinous armour
>Weapons that can be summoned and teleported into one’s possession with just a gesture of the hand
>Brainwashing and mind wiping grenades that can turn a squad of men into a dazed collective of blubbering retards
Basically weapons that, while maybe not more dangerous than conventional weapons, are considered so cruel or so inhumane that their use is collectively frowned upon because it’d paint the imperium in a bad light if they used them en masse or tried to replicate the technology.
>>
>>92729856
>Mines that explode and keep people frozen in time in a locked ‘stasis bubble’ forever
99% sure that DA have weapons that do pretty much exactly that.
Also have some vague recollection of mindwipe grenades, though that might have been grey knights/inguisition weapons.
>>
File: ezgif-3-c6f4239edf.png (149 KB, 420x388)
149 KB
149 KB PNG
>>92729856
On a semi related note, talking about and coming up with "forbidden weapons" gives me an idea for an Onslaught campaign
>come up with a whole bunch of re-usable campaign stratagems that are forbidden weapons that have different special effects
>first game of the Onslaught campaign is a mandatory Zone Mortalis game where you're raiding a weapons cache to try and secure as many of the weapons before the enemy can
>Each secured objective in the Zone Mortalis game means you get to roll a dice once at the end of the game to see what forbidden weapon campaign stratagems you ended up securing
>After that ZM game you play the Onslaught campaign as usual in a standard HH style play but just with a stock of re-usable campaign stratagems
>>92729962
>99% sure that DA have weapons that do pretty much exactly that.
They do yeah, which is part of the reason I brought it up. Everyone knows how willing the DA are when it comes to using warcrime weapons
>Also have some vague recollection of mindwipe grenades, though that might have been grey knights/inguisition weapons.
I think it's a 40k thing yeah, but I can easily imagine lots of weapons that are used in 40k times being more strictly controlled and banned during 30k times
>>
>>92729962
DA already have stasis missiles as an option, and the Lion has stasis grenades. Though the current rules for those are incredibly weak and pathetic, it's just concussive 1 iirc. Might as wel take shotguns for cheaper instead.

In 40k DA have more stasis weapons, though I have no idea how many of those still remain with everything being replaced with generic primarshit marines now.
>>
>>92729856
>Basically weapons that, while maybe not more dangerous than conventional weapons, are considered so cruel or so inhumane that their use is collectively frowned upon because it’d paint the imperium in a bad light if they used them en masse or tried to replicate the technology.
TFW humans at their worst and brightest are just another day at Commoragh. Hard to think highly of the horrors of the Old Night when haemunculi exist
>>
File: stop it, I said STOP IT.jpg (1.43 MB, 2282x3164)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB JPG
>>92730031
they're like concussive (instead of pinning) frag missiles, so much more likely to score hits with concussive as a bonus effect

the advantage of concussive over pinning is that it continues to apply even in melee (including if that template scatters onto a melee), applies to Fearless units etc, but in the context of eg a missile HSS you could have a mix of frag, krak and stasis missiles in each shooting attack, so you're not losing killing power but you are forcing both Pinning and Concussive (1) tests on those units that have to test for both

a unit which is Pinned and Concussed can't react to the Ravenwing charge and fights at -1WS, which is quite strong for a modestly costed upgrade :)

>>92729962
SW Deathsworn also have stasis bombs, which force a Disordered Charge on enemy units automatically and can be used to put Fleshbane and Gets Hot on all their own melee attacks on any turn that they Charge (even if it is Disordered, because of how the rule is worded)

given that those Deathsworn would also be fighting at WS5 for that round, it makes their rad grenades option only useful for the turns in which they get charged (and for negating the effect of enemy rad grenades), they come stock with power axes and they can still hit once even if they're removed at a higher initiative step, stasis bombs are pretty good for hacking apart monsters because they're Dwarf Slayers

>>92729856
the problem with a lot of esoteric weaponry is that in LI you'd never really see the effect any different to bolters unless it's mounted to a titan (like the big volkites and c-beams, which you are probably never going to see translated to 30k rules for that reason), and in 30k it would just be unfun to play against

the low point of last edition was bringing back RT/2E-style virus bombs, even as an opt-in by-agreement weapon (the "nanyte blaster" in Conquest, p223), even if there were some really fun warcrimes in the same book, like the Salamanders shield
>>
>>92729962
>Also have some vague recollection of mindwipe grenades
Sounds like you had first-hand experience.
>>
Help. Does anyone know how to play solar auxilia that isn't auto lose? The rules are so gimped from last edition
>>
>>92731075
spamming vanquishers
>>
>>92730895
>the low point of last edition was bringing back RT/2E-style virus bombs, even as an opt-in by-agreement weapon (the "nanyte blaster" in Conquest, p223), even if there were some really fun warcrimes in the same book, like the Salamanders shield
I'm now reading the relics section for the first time.
This is some cool shit.
>>
File: tesla-berserk-7.jpg (327 KB, 720x1280)
327 KB
327 KB JPG
>>
>>92731213
>tfw Ediolon never gonna be in 40k
I mean at least we got him, I do wonder what that sick fuck is up to
>>
>>92731385
fuck 40k.
>>
>>92731442
Agreed
>>
>>92731385
is just every traitor who got a name in 30k also alive in 40k? It kind of takes the impact away.
>>
>>92731075
Quad launchers with splinter shells kill 100% of the MEQ they Wound (1/6, also guaranteed to strip a Wound from Veterans), take a wound from 2+/4++ 1/12 of the time, from 2+/5++ 1/9 of the time and 2+/6++ 1/7 (ish), and can do so from behind cover, meaning you can wipe out that pesky lasHSS with impunity. With 5" blast templates only the worst conga lines will evade shrapnel justice.

Vanquisher squadrons with a command tank with a flare shield and cognis-signum take incoming fire at AV15 (and with Armoured Fist, AV15 with a 5++) unless you're getting outflanked, and spit back 2x S9 AP2 Brutal (2) plus lascannons and shit.

Similarly demolisher cannons will kill 2+ armour saves (with a T less than 7) outright about 50% of the time (5/6 to wound plus 3x armour saves at 5/6), before accounting for Rending. They also fuck tanks one HP at a time. Valdors are meant for murdering robots and tanks but will also knock 3WS off an elite melee unit after killing one of them. You can spam Dracosans by simply taking a Demolition Section for a bonus tank squadron that shits out angry bombs at the end.

Troll Callidus assassin in a primary detachment holds up/diverts enemy units indefinitely as long as it makes no attack or charge, allied SoS melee units get in close and destroy enemy Ld values before big guns force Morale checks (they also grant access to nuncio voxes, which your artillery want). If you're getting hammered by tanks consider an Aethon squadron with melta lances and/or HK missiles (Mechanised can fire all its weapons without penalty, like a dreadnought). Infantry? Consider Solar Pattern Cohorts with Hermes squadrons in every Troops Veletaris Tercio for cheap tough volkite calivers.

One big Infantry Tercio may be all you need, it's 70 bodies and In Formation will fuck up between 1/19 and 1/7 (ish) MEQ per shot, making Overwatch and Return Fire a real treat.

Vox interlocks and command voxes are your friends. Companions are tougher than you think.
>>
File: images (1) (19).jpg (54 KB, 633x484)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>92732114
>Quad launchers with splinter shells kill 100% of the MEQ they Wound
Anon what the fuck why are you trying to fool anon. Cut the sleazy salesman act :O!
>>
File: shoddylighting.png (3.53 MB, 1932x1149)
3.53 MB
3.53 MB PNG
Anyone here actually play legions imperialis?

I'm planning on printing a drop pod assault formation. It seems like there is no rule requirement to have the dropods physically open on landing (the official model can do this but printed versions cant).

Do you think anyone would give a shit?

I'd love to use the official ones but they're absurdly overpriced and also sold out.
>>
>>92732796
maybe just give them a base wide enough to represent the doors being opened, if there are rules regarding base sizes.
FUCK Legio Gryphonicus.
>>
>>92732759
they can only wound on 6+, but they're also rending 6+ so

kills 100% of the MEQ they wound, which is 1/6 as stated
>>
File: IMG_0237.jpg (159 KB, 1070x180)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
>>92730895
Ymira stasis bombs got nerfed so hard this edition. Gets hot for what is basically just a +1 to wound is a giant rip off. There’s so few things that are MCs that fleshbane isn’t an amazing rule in HH. AP2 grenade? That’s more like it!
>>
File: Eri_stone.gif (10 KB, 172x52)
10 KB
10 KB GIF
>>92732931
Get within 6" and yeet an AP2 Fleshbane stone at the enemy lol
>>
>>92727682
点々だよ
馬鹿
>>
>>92732902
except most meq will have a 5+++ or 4+++
>>
>>92730027
Sounds like a cool idea, lolan. Would love to play a game with it someday
>>
File: dial_up_modem_noises.jpg (36 KB, 405x493)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
When you really think about it, the warp storms of the Age of Strife calming down after the birth of Slaanesh is just post nut clarity on a galacty level.
>>
>>92733117
Nah. Though anon is saying it as if there was going to be lots of wounds.
All wounds will ignore armour; all two of them.
>>
>>92732796
I got printed drop pods with the doors open.
And yeah the foot print is so different from closed to open it could be an issue
>>
>>92732809
There's no rules surrounding it or saying the doors have to open so even with the official models I think it's within the rules to just leave the doors closed.

Come to think of it, it's a solid omission from the rules because if the vehicle scatters onto terrain then it is destroyed. so if the doors must all unfurl that drastically limits their placement when deep striking.
>>
>>92733391
Wait, where did you get the open doors STL?
>>
>>92725173
> AT
:^)
> yet another mortis legio
YAWN
>>
File: 1643352502735.png (452 KB, 450x452)
452 KB
452 KB PNG
>>92733333
checked
now delete this
>>
>>92733409
From a file I got. The doors are deployed. Got dreadnought pods the same way.
> where?!?!?!
Search online. Look on the Facebook groups.
>>
File: 20240201_214152.jpg (300 KB, 1282x1720)
300 KB
300 KB JPG
Did World Eaters work with any knight houses during the heresy? I know they were super close with Legio audax but I cant find if audax had knights pledged to them
>>
>>92731385
a quick fuck, I'd imagine
>>
finna stop taking artificer on my sarges
>>
File: doubt.jpg (198 KB, 601x911)
198 KB
198 KB JPG
>>92733636
>>
>>92733431
So you think the non-unfurled ones will be an issue?
>>
File: 58b096c566e247ab.jpg (74 KB, 920x950)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
What are some good alternatives to the grey slayers upgrades since you can't get them anymore? New to HH and everyone in my group says Grey Slayers are pretty mandatory for SW
>>
>>92734356
Get them from a good recaster
>>
>>92733636
Take artificer but use the majority armour save of the unit, rather than the highest.
>>
>>92731075
3+ vanquisher russes
20+ plasma companions
60+ riflemen
as many laser destroyers as you can muster
>>
I wish GW would release figures sculpted in a smarter way. Like if this fella had the straps and various nignogs be optional accessories, I would have definitely liked to field him with my Word Bearers.
>>
>>92724017
Kino.
>>
>>92723147
I think a more interesting idea is terraforming technology that works as intended - for something like the chlorine breathing aliens from Flight of the Eisenstein.
>>
got all these fancy land raider doors for my 3 proteus and the proteus a smaller than normal assault ramp. Shame on me for not checking. Atleast I can use them to pimp my spartan that I don’t have in any of my lists I’m working on
>>
>>92734633
I really don’t understand why they didn’t simply retool these molds, all the details are in the center, surely altering the doors shape would only have taken the intern an afternoon??
>>
>>92734673
I mean I can probably convert one of them or try and take the detail off of the larger door and put it on the smaller door but this has greatly extinguished my enthusiasm
>>
>>92727662
What colors did you use for the green/blue of the armor?
>>
>>92734356
Their stupid gimp masks immediately make me think of van darkholm every time i see them
>>
File: GNAb9jWbcBALMyh.jpg (975 KB, 3520x2327)
975 KB
975 KB JPG
>>
File: 1683111867598783.png (28 KB, 225x225)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
>92735353
>tumblerite brown raceswap
Have you considered suicide?
>>
>>92734356
Scibor for shields.
>>
>>92734620
I wish we had more great crusade stuff, and having it and the Heresy timescales generally be much longer aswell as the legions being like a hundred times larger, BL writers really have no sense of scale at all.
>>
>>92733393
I thought they made it so that the doors don’t actually count as part of the model?
>>
>>92732796
Why not just play regular HH at a smaller scale?
>>
>92735391
have you never seen a Greek woman with a tan
>>
>>92731943
That one EC guy who was the first noise marine got killed by an Iron hand because the Iron hand had gone deaf.
Only ”major” EC traitor i know of who got killed.
It’s a shame that the authors don’t have the balls to(aren’t allowed to?) actually kill more characters in a civil war story.
>>
>>92735470
The legions imperialis rules are really good. Also the joy of the game is the formations and the tactics that come with them.

Drop pod assault supported by fighters? Very cool imo.
>>
>>92735430
I abide by the common headcanon of multiplying all gw numbers by x10. I don’t care how OP marines are in lore, 18 100k-200k strong legions is not enough manpower to conquer a galaxy full of extinction threat tier aliens and DAOT manmade horrors beyond your comprehension. Its also worth noting that IRL 80% of all casualties in war are from artillery and heavy ordnance and most infantry kills come from grenade launchers and medium machine guns, all of which can kill a marine if you sub a modern MG for a tripod heavy bolter
>>
>>92735588
>Its also worth noting that IRL 80% of all casualties in war are from artillery and heavy ordnance and most infantry kills come from grenade launchers and medium machine guns,
In terms of effectiveness I would hope Marine armor is like wearing an IFV on you, IE making shrapnel nearly ineffective and reducing the lethal range of HE shells.
>>
>>92726618
no.I am not. One of the main traits that let a docter diagnose, if someone is retarded or not, is the inability to learn to read and write.
>>
How many flamer/meltagun/Volkite marines does one have to build normaly? I was thinking about building 5 with flamers, 5 with volkites and 10 with melta guns. But after wondering for some time, I am not sure if this is how I should build my support tacticals.
>>
>>92735747
Use magnets.
>>
>>92735775
Well I they are exremly expensive here, plus I have no drill anymore .last time I tried to use one I ended up jabbing myself in my hand and being unable to work for 3 weeks.

But let me engage it from the other side. Are melta tactical support squads run in 5 or 10 man sized squads most often?
>>
>>92735817
Were you using a handdrill or a powered drill? The former is appropriate for modelling. If you injured yourself that badly with a handdrill, you’re a liability and shouldn’t handle sharp objects
>>
>>92735512
Skill issue.
>>
>>92725981
Looks like you don't know how to prime, a different brand won't help you much
>>
>>92735588
I think you're confused about how the great crusade was conducted. Legions were accompanied by billions of mortal humans. Space marines were the brutal monsters used to scare systems into compliance through hard surgical strikes against leadership. Literally the first chapter of the first book in the heresy series talks about this.

The billions of solar auxila/soldiery that did the job of holding planets barely gets ralled about because it's not as exciting as high risk frontlinr crap.

When marines were forced into pitched battles they did so using massive infantry, tank, navy and titan support.
>>
File: file.png (636 KB, 1155x680)
636 KB
636 KB PNG
>convinced myself that javelins were bulky 4
>built 3 of them to use as my anti-tank in a terror assault list since they'd be both fluffy and effective
>check their profile on a whim while cooking breakfast
>they don't have bulky
anyone else build armies based off of preconceived notions before realizing you're just retarded?
>>
>>92736417
I printed and painted 20 jetbikes for the same reason
>>
File: Viridiafin1.jpg (153 KB, 800x1102)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
>>92734857
Kabalite Green, shade by adding black. Highlights are Sybarite Green.
>>
>>92736514
and obviously a jumpack is bulkier than a jetbike in the minds of gw rules writers...
>>
>>92736417
>>92736514
Night Lord bros, are we just fucking retarded?
>>
>>92736585
Yes
>>
>>92735512
That shit was so retarded. Sonic weaponry that's loud enough to shatter tanks with its resonance isn't magically stopped just because you're deaf. But that's just a classic BL writers moment I guess.
>>
>>92736245
I am aware of the billions in normal human support but it doesn’t change the fact marines are such a tiny slice of the pie with GW numbers that they may as well not exist no matter how OP they are
>>
I’ve been gone for a while. Anything new lore books out? Also convince me why there shouldn’t be more variants to of the Sicarian and Fellblade.
>>
>>92736684
shut up treadhead
>>
>>92736697
No. There should be a plasma fellblade, a choom sicarian, a conversion beam variant for both of them, and a dakka fellblade.
>>
>>92735817
Depends on your legion desu.
>>
>>92736516
Awesome, thank you.
>>
>>92736684
Stop posting here and go jack off on your pissboys some more French.
>>
File: Resized_20240508_105724.jpg (282 KB, 1563x849)
282 KB
282 KB JPG
AT objective markers made
>>
File: Resized_20240508_105807.jpg (433 KB, 2048x729)
433 KB
433 KB JPG
>>92736912
Also rebased two of my titans
>>
>>92735817
What do you want to use them for?
>>
>>92736417
per Transport Bay they would be Bulky (4) for transport purposes (if they could use it, which they can't), however I think the reasoning here is the same as for Toughness - being on the bike doesn't increase the number of bodies, and in the case of Cavalry introduces an unwieldy machine between you and the melee, so it's going to negate any positive effect by getting in the way of the others in your squadron

a tank is different because a tank is just kind of driving over the enemy, even though in game terms it's effectively static, so they can work with that

>>92736585
>>92736619
you could just houserule it, though I think it's probably intentionally this way for the reasons above
>>
>>92736711
>>92736684
no

there should be a transport fellblade, because it has those little doors in the front, and it's maddening that it has no transcap
>>
File: Loner Senpai.png (65 KB, 567x609)
65 KB
65 KB PNG
>>92736711
>>92737053
The Stormblade and Stormord are just sitting there screaming "Notice me, senpai!"
>>
>>92722900
What if the imperium of man discovered a new human world, and in that world humans created a type of super soldier even more powerful than the space marines "both Astartes and Primaris", let's say they are as powerful as the thunder warriors, but without any of the Thunder Warriors' flaws and even with the ability to reproduce and were created to hunt down shit like witches, corruption and beings of chaos and to fight the world's greatest threats? What would the imperium do about it? Would they want to recruit these super soldiers too or would they want to destroy them completely?
>>
>>92737143
If you read the bare minimum of the setting you should know.
>>
>>92733119
Thanks anon, hoping to play it also. While I was at work I came up with 20 weapons/stratagems for players to potentially grab while looting the vault, here's a basic rundown of some stratagems players could get
>Mindwipe Grenades that can remove line from a unit and make them forget all of their combat experience until the end of the game
>Gorespatter Blades, chain weapon variants that use assisted AI to launch the guts and bones of an enemy like a shotgun while chopping into them, giving them extra attacks when they land attacks
>Poisonous xenos worms that have been retrofitted into bolter ammunition that burrow into an enemy's skin and can chew/breach through terminator armour (sometimes the worms might get angry and eat you if the gun jams or misfires though)
>Wearable exo-skeleton apparatus that can turn anyone into a psyker, or enhance the skills of someone who is already a psyker
>An advanced "war general" AI computer that can analyze the battle feed of your men and lets them take both free and multiple reactions
>A special syrum that can turn your characters into hulked out, self reviving and terrifying mutants
>Specially modified Vorax that have been retrofitted with nuclear + phosphex warheads and given really good running legs
>Seeds for an aggressive, carnivorous plant life that can grow in all enviroments and gradually makes the battlefield inhospitable by vomitting out acid everywhere
>A man of Iron that's been dormant since it's capture during the earliest battles of the Great Crusade
>A surplus of Phosphex Grenades so everyone in your army can use them
>Human voodoo dolls that use psyker bullshit to inflict any pain inflicted onto them to anyone around them
Still trying to write basic rules down for all of them plus the ones not mentioned. Hard to decide whether it'd be too unfair to just let people be able to take all wargear and units that can be provided by the stratagem cards for free or if certain ones should cost points and the like.
>>
>>92737143
>with the ability to reproduce

They would be hunted down and exterminated for the incredible dangerous threat that they are. The Emperor didn't built in a natural way to reproduce into space marine and custodes for a very good reason. Traitor marines already decided that they deserved to rule because they were stronger than regular humans, if they also didn't require humans to increase their numbers the traitors would have just decided to replace humanity altogether.
>>
>>92735546
I still don't get why they didn't just use Epic: Armageddon rules. Surely they were at least vaguely aware that there's a decently-sized community of people still playing that 20-odd years after official support was discontinued?
>>
>>92732796
I finally started painting my launch box, but I haven't played a game yet.
>>
>>92737279
I can think of many logical reasons but I can imagine that there was no logic behind their choice.
>>
>>92737279
>>92737351
They didn't want another Blood Bowl situation
Easier to just take the L and make people buy new stuff than have people complaining about rebasing models and how X or Y shouldn't have been changed from the community rules
>>
>>92737267
What if they reproduce so slowly that you can't even replace their numbers that way or can only reproduce with normal humans?
>>
>>92737368
To be honest, there's a clan in a work of fiction that I've seen that's like that, that's why I'm asking, but if they try to reproduce among themselves they can't even maintain their numbers, it's so difficult to have children that their population would only decrease even if they isolated themselves from the world and didn't go into battle at all, but they can reproduce much more easily if it's with normal humans.
>>
>>92737363
That's one of the logical ones. GW follows moon logic.
>>
File: broken claws.jpg (274 KB, 1933x1148)
274 KB
274 KB JPG
I want to add a party bus to my Death Guard / Dark Angels force, and trying to decide between the DG deathshroud or the DA Inner Circle to go in it.
The Deathshroud are 3W and Battle-Hardened, and can be taken as a Retinue to get Line, but with the Tartaros 5++ and Power Scythes. Inner Circle get Plasma Casters which are a bit better than Alchem Pistols, and can get Terranic Greatswords (or Advex-Mors Greatswords) and potentially a more powerful LA trait.
>>
>>92737368
"Life, uh, finds a way"
I wish there were S4 T4 (i3) non-Astartes enhanced humans. Completely mortal, like those half astartes.
There were some of them around in 30k and I wish they had been inducted like the Geno Chilliad, instead of [REDACTED]
>>
>>92737588
I already showed you that list that had two Land Raiders full of DA termies, and no DG ones (warlord was in a HSS unit).
I'd like to see what you come up with, but I will say I don't trust Scythes without rad grenades
>>
>>92737615
Militia abhumans?
>>
>>92737640
You opted for Deathwing on those termies, right? +1 to Hit is probably better than +1 to Wound in Dangerous, but it would suck to lose expensive termies to your own Dangerous Terrain.
>>
>>92737669
No. The one they had in 1.0 called "Genehanced soldiers" or something like that. Plus Survivors of the Old Night I think? Gave them S4/T4 3+ save grenadiers.
So you could re enact Praxil's compliance from HH1
>>
>>92737718
You are thinking of abhuman helots, genecrafted never gave a T bonus.
>>
>>92737704
Battlescribe lied to me and didn't mark an error when I assigned DEATHWING terminators the dreadwing subtype lmao.
Too bad. Terranic great swords are about the best blades ever
>>
>>92737793
lol
Why the Deathwing terminators over Inner Circle? It seems like Inner Circle get all the same toys besides the -1I shields
>>
>>92737761
Yeah you're right. It'd require 3 provenances. I'm just saying that's the very thing Praxil had. Enhanced soldiers with powered armour, bands of grafted muscle, fractal blades and BATTLE MEMES.
I don't remember if they also had ceramic bones, I don't have the book here
>>
>>92737850
Shields? Aren't those Companions? But yeah Inner Circle could work too.
Idk if I'm reading right, but it seems Inner Circle termies don't have "Deathwing" in their datasheet? Meaning they could choose to have the Dreadwing type if you want them to? Loool
>>
>>92737718
Pretty sure there already are rules for the things you’re thinking about in the imperialis millitia index.
Would recommend you to read that.
>>
>>92737704
>it would suck to lose expensive termies to your own Dangerous Terrain
if you have a spare HS slot, you can take the transport there and give it dreadwing
just be careful where you disembark
>>
>>92737904
>Shields? Aren't those Companions?
Yeah, my mistake. I thought the Deathwing terminators were just Companions in Cataphractii but checking the pdf they don't have access to the funny shields.
>>
>>92737615
>"Life, uh, finds a way"
I mean, it didn't do it with Astartes, Primaris and Custodes, normally that clan would just go extinct naturally if they tried to survive only by reproducing among themselves and if they reproduced with normal humans they would be hybrids.
>>
>>92737912
Abhuman helots I guess lol
>>
>>92738004
I was against Femstodes for that very reason. It opens the possibility of reproduction of immortal individuals. Especially for Custodes, whom idk if their kids would be actually born like them since they are altered at the celular level instead of being people with extra organs sewn in, like marines are
>>
>>92735742
NTA but your grammar and spelling don’t do you any favours. As a fun, off topic fact, rates of functional illiteracy (a broad term but think only being able to understand words in specific contexts) are like 1/5 or 1/6 in North America.
>>
>>92738074
IDK, aren't the assassins of Officio Assassinorum genetically altered or enhanced too?
>>
>>92735588
Marines, even in legion times, weren’t the meat of the imperial forces: they were really just the elite vanguard. The crusade included billions, if not trillions of imperial army and imperialis militia, as well as huge (probably comparable) numbers of servitors and automata. Marines aren’t the ones going out on patrol in disputed territory, they’re the ones barging down the doors of the local government or OPFOR forward bases. In fact, as events are described to us, where marines take the most casualties are when they’re drawn into protracted fights where they can’t win just on shock and awe tactics. Most planetary conquests would be a few thousand marines dropping in and crushing the main points of opposition, and then IA regiments securing those areas while the marines rearm and refit to go after any remaining command and control structure.
>>
>>92738179
Cool headcanon dude but this is /hhg/ not /fanfic/
>>
>>92735588
Honestly, even if you multiply them by 10 their numbers would still be too little even for shock troops, their numbers should at least be around 100 billion to 2 trillion.
>>
>>92736644
That’s like saying the CIA could never destroy Chile because they don’t have enough people.

Small (relatively) numbers of elite forces with tons of supporting arms and logistical support do actually make a big difference in warfare, even in real life - look at the opening months of the invasion of Iraq. No, the opening campaign wasn’t the end of all hostilities, but it effectively removed the entirety of the republican guard’s military and political capabilities. Marines and the style of warfare described in the books is that campaign on steroids, where they basically just walk in and destroy the entire command, communications, and logistical support structure for the OPFOR. If that was all intact then the IA wouldn’t stand a chance on most of these planets. Marines essentially level the playing field so that there aren’t hundreds of years of sieging planets.
>>
>>92736684
Sicaran should be able to mix weapon options from the existing turrets. Give it the ability to drop half its shots and lose twin linked but take two different types of weapons and make it the multi role IFV it was always meant to be.
>>
>>92736711
Conversion beam fellblade is definitely on my want list now.
>>
>>92738260
I know that in addition to being stronger orks are more numerous than humans, but that means that krorks were also more numerous than humans and each krork was also very intelligent in addition to being stronger than a fucking primarch and they still lost to the necrons even with help, considering the scale of the Space Marines imperium, even if it is only an elite troop and not the main force, it should still be at least hundreds of billions or even trillions
>>
>>92738315
considering the scale of the *imperium
>>
>>92738208
Show me marines jobbing around on patrol and I’ll concede. All the crusade era battles we see marines in are short duration pivotal battles over extremely important objectives. The only time they’re ever described in protracted battles are when they’ve fucked up, or been fucked up royally.

Read bro.
>>
>>92738157
Maybe. But also chemically and surgically. Vindicaree may be the most normal ones, while Eversors are like a sneeze away from self detonation.
Culexii are a genetic thing, but even if they got a SoS gf, the pariah gene is really difficult to pass down
>>
>>92738074
marines have organs sewn in but clearly also have their DNA altered as for example they can be cloned (per Beta-Garmon p159, "Cloning, though efficient, quickly reduces the stock produced to stumbling drones all but incapable of independent thought. Such deviancy can produce vast armies, but they are but poor copies of the original.")

yet they don't reproduce sexually, probably because their DNA is a mess, though hybridization in nature even between quite distantly related branches of the same tree (as with sturgeon and paddlefish, sheep and goats, camels and llamas, etc

the problem for marines (and very likely with Custodes, though headcanon that they, and the Emperor, are just varieties of Men of Gold that have forgotten/deliberately obfuscated their own origins, suggests that maybe this is only true of marines, thunder warriors etc) is that they're already the wrong side of Haldane's rule - they are hybrids, produced asexually in laboratories, with humans and a constructed "species" that donates the additional DNA and organs to them

so from there you have the high likelihood that they're sterile to start with (as in, their DNA has been fundamentally altered to take it very far away from human DNA, and this is both intentional to prevent runaway replication/dilution of the breed and easier to leave in as a feature than it would be to remove) and for Custodes particularly, also engineered not to care about sex at all

whereas with eg the Sisters of Silence, you have this very strong bias toward female Anathema (both the Culexus models have been male, so it's not impossible, but it appears those genes pass down more strongly on the female line and are potentially part of the X chromosome itself, making two copies (and thus a stronger effect) in female genetics, but that is, as far as anybody knows, just natural speciation and not an engineered effect as with the custodes, thunder warriors and astartes
>>
>>92736417
I’ve written the rules team that this should be added to the errata, but no response so far. I encourage you to do the same
>>
File: Fellbpaint.jpg (71 KB, 832x544)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>92737110
THEY DON'T HAVE THE LITTLE DOORS BRO

IF YOU CAN GET 12 MARINES IN A RHINO IMAGINE HOW MUCH ANGER YOU COULD PACK INTO ONE OF THESE BAD BOYS
>>
>>92727748
>>92728878
>>92733094
Ah, thank you. I thought it was a bit odd!
>>
>>92738403
Probably not much more than already fit in a spartan - which has a much smaller profile, so presents a smaller target for enemies to shoot at.
Yes, I know, this isn't represented at all in how the rules work.
>>
>>92735588
I like the x10 tweak to scale as well. I'm just saying marines are resilient enough that most of their casualties are from brutal melee or direct explosion impacts.
Here we see Crysos Morturg survive a direct autocannon hit. Later a Fellblade shoots the ruins he's in and that's what finally stops him.
He still survives, but those attacks would have killed multiple people several times over.
>>
>>92738531
Autocannons should be AP 3
>>
>>92738334
So you're saying that the IW and IF garrisons mentioned multiple times never do patrols? The famed siege and/or attrition forces of IW, IH, IF, and DG are just made up? I don't need to show you anything, you need to read instead of speedwatching lore shorts
>>
File: ChaosSpaceMarine2.jpg (93 KB, 533x893)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>92722900
I've been thinking about this, could it be that the reason the emperor didn't make super humans more powerful than the Astartes to be the Space Marines was because he already knew that the Horus heresy or something similar was going to happen and was planning for it, so he didn't make Space Marines more powerful so that the traitor space marines wouldn't be more powerful than that either?
To me he seemed to have the ability to make super humans more powerful than the Astartes to be the Space Marines, but he apparently already knew that betrayal was going to happen, he knew that it was inevitable for some reason and so he planned for it.
Or maybe he simply didn't want to make the Space Marines more powerful than that because he didn't consider it a good thing for his plans.What do you think?
>>
>>92737588
>>92737904
Inner Circle can be Deathwing, but note that RAW the Broken Claws' Brutal greatswords don't benefit from the Deathwing rule.
>>
>>92738633
It was most likely a logistics and resources influenced decision. Meaning astartes are just strong enough to get the job done, but can be mass-produced easily enough to create a galaxy conquering force within a reasonable timeframe whilst also replacing losses.

Because when it comes down to it, wars aren't won on battle prowess or strategic genius, only battles are. Wars a won by logistics and economics.
>>
>>92738513
if you can get 20 in a spartan you could get 30 into a five door falchion, plus a double punisher/choom turret
>>
>>92738741
But then why take a land-bound, slow and cumbersome falchion instead of a fast airborne thunderhawk which also has space flight capabilities that can bring a turbo laser destructor too.
Or a mastodon for that matter, which is heaps more durable than a falcion.
>>
>>92729744
He's got one on each hip and they fire twice
>>
>>92738538
he's T5 3W 2+/4++/6+++ with a special one-time power that lets him return to Reserves when he loses his last wound in return for a Ld9 psychic check

AP3 ain't gonna cut it, rending autocannons barely make a dent
>>
>>92738769
LITTLE DOORS

>>92738649
they're close combat weapons modelled as swords
>>
>>92738825
>they're close combat weapons modelled as swords
I always thought this applied to generic CCWs but they're specifically called "Basic close combat weapons"
Going to show up at my game day next week and argue that I should get +1 to hit with a thunder hammer because I glued a sword to the top.
>>
>>92738208
>this is /hhg/ not /fanfic/
The Horus Heresy is all Perturabo's fanfict, you know
>Strategy boards occupied much of the hall’s space. These were thronged by Iron Warriors arguing how best to represent the hrud in their simulated battles. Their recent setbacks had exercised their minds as much as their anger, and ambitious warsmiths could see the glory to be won if they concocted a winning strategy.
>In truth, all warsmiths were ambitious, and they all had different ideas. In the first place, they could not agree how best to test their theories. Those that favoured the purity of wood block formations and outcomes decided by the casting of ten-sided dice argued bitterly with the proponents of cogitator-assisted hololith battle simulators.
> Forrix turned his attention to an ongoing tactical simulation. Iron Warriors grand battalions assaulted a fixed installation in standard battle array: an encircling contravallation, field bastions for their artillery, brothers manning trenches and waiting for the call to assault.
>The captain playing the hrud unexpectedly deployed a skirmishing unit behind a battery of Manticore missile launchers. They were swept from existence Before the action was over, an entire grand company of Iron Warriors had been removed from the table the wooden blocks representing them dropped without ceremony into a blackened steel box.
>>
>>92738825
But the Thunderhawk has those same little doors.
>>
>>92738852
you know what? a little knife on top no, but if you found a way to make a sword-like thunder hammer and model it in a way that is instantly visually understandable, yes, no problem

>>92738903
but it doesn't have a turret, or room for four of those little doors and a wide brobelcher on the front
>>
File: Marines are exterminatus.jpg (1.34 MB, 2206x2926)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB JPG
>>92738264
>That’s like saying the CIA could never destroy Chile because they don’t have enough people
The CIA destroys governments by arming local rebels, meaning they do actually have enough people and resources.
Space marines instead trust their own strenght, smashing the place so hard no brick upon brick is left. I'm not sure how to explain the differences between an Eversor and a Space Marine attack other than just saying "the space marines don't explode upon death".
It's just as violent and unstoppable.
>>
>>92738806
Autocannons should be AP 3
>>
>>92724017
they will announce a plastic imperator titan and a resin capitol imperialis a at the event. SCREENSHOT THIS
>>
>>92738950
>Somebody saved it :O
>>
is the destroyer symbol specific to legion destroyers, or is it just a generic hazard symbol, like how the winged helix is used by medics in other branches of the imperium?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (35 KB, 519x217)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>92739098
Personally only seen that shape used in just one other instance.
>>
>>92738806
I like to think he became T5 after his technoresurrection. Khorak there is the same deathshroud seen in HH2 page 49 :DD
>>
>>92738789
Nuh uh they shoot once. He should wear one of these. Too bad the SoH have no cyber-parakeets
>>
Can I play blackshields in nu 30k?
>>
>>92739390
yes they just got rules
>>
>>92739039
Yeee I had been looking for it for a while now
>>
>>92738943
>sword-like thunder hammer
Half sword this
>>
>>92739098
I like to think it's a relic from an earlier time
>>
>>92739408
where
>>
File: 1691712059081581.jpg (569 KB, 2107x2371)
569 KB
569 KB JPG
My take on Thunder Warriors
>>
>>92739545
beta garmon book
>>
>>92739545
Zyrcon city.
>captcha: SGAY
>>
>>92739567
https://www.reddit.com/r/UnifyTerra/comments/1bv5b6j/my_take_on_thunder_warriors_but_well_after_the/
>>
>>92739583
>>92739568
lie
>>
File: 1714599198575845.png (35 KB, 622x622)
35 KB
35 KB PNG
>>92739567
(You)
>>
>>92739608
I think I can't see reddit on my phone or something. Idk I don't have some reddit app
>>
Geta Barmon Uzi
>>
>>92739678
I just reverse searched the pic through google, I don't have anything reddit related.
>>
>>92739689
You did good though
>>
>>92739717
Thank you.
>>
>>92739678
You just need to set the computer mode on the browser page.
>>
File: list.png (86 KB, 1534x770)
86 KB
86 KB PNG
>>92737640
What I've got so far. Everything's in a tank, which I wanted, but I'm not sure about the DG HS choices. That's where the theme feels weakest.
Tactical squads aren't the best home for the Praetor and Siege Breaker, but I'm not sure what to put them in with my remaining 340 points.
Regarding the Hexagrammaton I'll probably go with >>92737913
>>
>>92740020
Elite despoilers with 50 pts of Alchem flamers? I don't understand.
Say, why do you want tanks?
>>
>>92739567
Look at those chicken legs, this man couldn't even squat with just an empty bar
>>
File: 1699944327969925.png (2.36 MB, 1103x1018)
2.36 MB
2.36 MB PNG
>Gets buckbroken by Battlestar galactica
>Has an unimaginative and embarrassing name for this legion
>Gets his head cut off due to him being retarded
>Gets his body chopped up like a fish
>Damns his legion to irrelevance
>Looks Italian
How can anyone call this guy their favourite primarch?
>>
>>92740198
>Despoilers
Just me being retarded, it's a Destroyer squad with dual Alchem Pistols
Tanks seem to have a lot of synergy with the RoWs and DG LA trait, and my other army has zero tanks so I'd like to try a tank-heavy list this time.
>>
>>92740240
Oh okay
>>92740020
I place siege breakers in HSS squads ("heavy support squad squads"). Idk where else to put them (I'll never give them bikes)
>>
>>92737279
I would have thought LI would be a godsend to those people. Mainstream support and new models and rules for a game type they love
>>
>>92734356
Bro every recaster carries them
>>
>>92740231
Yeah, he's pretty great.
>>
>>92740231
he was gay too, which is why they like him.
>>
>>92735588
Yeah it's not a serious setting guy, SM models don't carry any ammo, there a women soldiers and somehow orcs, eldar and tyranids can't make and use nukes or biological weapons
>>
>>92734558
Just a bit of green stuff and ultramarine helms he should have a good time.
>>
>>92740252
Yeah the HSS seems like the ideal home for the mandatory Siege Breaker but they really should be footslogging. Kind of wasted riding in a rhino for 1-2 turns. I might end up squeezing them in anyway, which heavy weapons do you take?
>>
>>92738606
Where are these mentioned in crusade fleets though? We’re not talking about heresy era, we’re talking about crusade expiditionary fleets. I don’t remember IF, IW, or DG (or any other legion for that matter) described as having garrisons on hostile worlds without (actually, even with) massive IA and mechanicum support. There’s lots about their ability to build and maintain fortifications, but nothing that I can recall where it’s just a pile of marines with nothing else for support sitting around in a war zone (unless we’re back to one of these situations where they’ve fucked up seriously).

I think the vast majority of marine combat has them exactly as the heavy shock troops that they’re meant to be.
>>
Tbh using space marines as garrison troops feels like a waste. I mean the IW were ordered to do so multiple times, but the point was that it was a waste and indeed most of those orders was Horus manipulating them.

I think IW, DG and WE are "attrition" in the form that they kill every single enemy, as opposed to only the critical components of an enemy force.
As in, there's no one left to surrender to them because they leave none alive.
>>
>>92740297
What? Seriously?
>>
>>92740297
He seems like the straightest primarch.
>>
>>92735588
Honestly, with the numbers officially assigned to them they shouldn't be able to have any importance for the imperium of man even as an elite force even if their numbers were multiplied by 10. Considering the scale of the imperium and the galaxy, the number of space marines should at least be somewhere between 100 billion and 4 trillion to be believable for them to be able to have the importance and impact attributed to them even as an Elite force rather than the main one.
>>
>>92740597
No
None were gay, but don't worry many will be retconned as gay/trans/women/black
>>
>>92740666
Having a woman primarch around will make them less gay.
>>
>>92740679
If anything, Ferrus and Horus were the manliest primarchs because they had bishonen primarch bffs.
Every primarch should be paired with a bishonen
>>
>>92740655
That's the problem with new lore, they built them up to be demi gods, if they just stayed as augmented humans it would be fine, just a elite force in massive universe, if they are so good they'd be Captains of tanks, jets, and officers
>>
>>92740666
>No
>None were gay,
Good.
>>
>>92740713
It is a bit weird to defend having a marine pilot when some hardwired servitor could do it, and I'm glad ships are crewed by regular people, as it would be a waste to have a marine operate a remote weapon station.
>>
>>92740710
Ferrus and Horus were the ones comfortable enough with their masculinity to have flamboyant girlymen besties.
>>
>>92740751
I'm talking baneblades and sh tanks, not rhinos, but even a secondary weapon platform has more impact that a sm on foot
>>
>>92736627
It's not science, it's warp fuckery.
>>
>>92740597
him and fulgrim were fags
>>
>>92740269
The infantry models are worse than 3rd party knockoffs or resin 3d prints, and a lot of HH stuff doesn't have a great equivalent in Epic. Plus, it's only Marines and not-IG. The rules are also completely different, and the reason EA still has a community is because people like *those* rules. So maybe it's nice for a handful of people who want a solar auxilia themed IG army or people who want modern (poor quality) beakies. Anyone playing the other armies are shit out of luck.
>>
>>92740783
At least he got to lose his virginity.
>>
>>92740899
he gave great head
>>
>>92740655
If it were me, I'd put the number of Space Marines at 1 trillion or 10 trillion and the number of custodes at 10 billion or 100 billion. That's the number they should really have.
>>
>>92741375
More marines and custodes means the heresy would be even faster. Thanks to your efforts, the heresy now lasts 3 days
>>
i finally finished college, i can finally continue painting
>>
>>92740655
GW writers don't do numbers. it's said you can't even get a job as a BL author if you can add two single digit integers together. just... don't mix 40k fluff and numbers. it never ends well.
>>
>>92741386
How did horus heresy in a day and a half
>>
Sons of the Selenar might be the worst fucking lore in the series and that's saying a lot.
>>
>>92741490
Very carefully.
>>
>>92741503
Y tho
>>
>>92741490
How did the heresy take place in less than a day?
>>
>>92740252
What HSS squad loadout do you put Seige breaker in? Lascannon?
>>
>>92737588
Oh no not the Broken Claws, JUSTaerin bros IT'S OVER
>>
>>92742285
>Lascannon
;__;
Autocannon is okay. Multi-melta is dangerous :O
>>
>>92742318
Never thought about multi meltas, I wonder if anyone ever get to use the phosphex bombs the Seige bro has by using a close up wepon like melta?
>>
File: 20240508_220005.jpg (1.48 MB, 2999x2999)
1.48 MB
1.48 MB JPG
what you lads working on? Just finished the basecoats for my HSS
>>
>>92742318
Lascannon don’t get shit since they already have sunder (because some fuckwit decided they weren’t good enough in 1.0).

I really like autocannons as you get to reroll to try for the rending hit so you can even down AV14+flare shield.
>>
>>92735391
>brown
nigga have u never seen a greek dude thats just how they look
>>
>>92742468
Waiting for my oil paints to dry. I probably should have thinned em a bit… just gotta be patient now
>>
>>92742468
WE.....shooting a weapon...and not using it as a club?
>>
>>92742550
Lascannons in 1.0 were just a little too costly in points. So in their typical knee-jerk fashion, the rules writers at GW decided to both lower the points cost lascannons in addition to buffing their rules. Then tripled down by not considering that Return Fire was also a thing they did.

>>92742691
That comes later. Just because WE tend to abandon their wargear to get stuck in right and proper if a battle dragged on long enough doesn't mean they stopped being space marines you know. They still knew their way around a lascannon or a land raider.
>>
>>92742574
I was talking about his sister.
>>
>>92740893
I really wanted them but the minis aren't that great looking and they also don't come in the 1.0 tercio numbers. As no one will make some new metal not!SA and the old forumware ones are gone I will still pick a box or two of infantry.
>>
Which consul types benefit the most from legion specific rules/wargear?
>>
>>92735588
If numbers bother you then military fiction in general just isn't for you. No writer has an adequate sense of scale or any clue about military stuff and this is true across literally every setting you will ever come across.

You either accept whatever handwave the authors pulled out of their asses or you move along.
>>
Does the basic rulebook in the Age of Darkness list all the various units and their Legion-specific variants? I'm not interested in playing, however I love building and painting figures, especially to make dioramas and display boards - and I want to know what's available for me to make.
>>
>>92744425
No
>>
>>92744425
The rules never had all the units that appear in the books. Cyber-mastiff squads when?
>>
>>92743413
Still, it would be kind of funny if you bloodied up the end off the lascannon to make it look like he gave him one last beat down.
>>
File: despoilers and command.jpg (448 KB, 2048x1536)
448 KB
448 KB JPG
>>92742468
Doing a bunch of decals on a bunch of despoilers and some legion command.
>>
File: decals.jpg (424 KB, 1536x2048)
424 KB
424 KB JPG
>>92744604
decals I've been using
>>
File: SAOgryns.jpg (516 KB, 1000x1000)
516 KB
516 KB JPG
>>92742468
Charonite Ogryn squad for my SA, got 4 more of them to finish off and also doing a lifewarden squad.
>>
>>92744629
very cool models anon, well done
>>
What’s a good source for a ton of chainswords?
I refuse to pay for the despoiler upgrade kit.
>>
>>92744455
>Cyber-mastiff squads when?
Aren’t they in the IM index?
>>
>>92744440
>>92744455
Okay, so what's a better resource? I'm especially interested in Consuls, which seems to be a blanket term for the various specialist/hq single model characters.
>>
>>92744629
Where are those from? It pains me that GW is still huffing the resin fumes and refusing to release Charonites in plastic for a decent price.
>>
>>92744685
They are have marine handlers most of the time they appear and the militia rules don't work because things like fleet(x) only works if the whole unit has them. In my opinion a Isstvan-style hunter killer squad would have been a better addition than most of the stuff added through the exemplary battles pdfs.
>>
>>92744705
Liber Astartes/Hereticus

All the stuff is in the link in the OP. Download it and browse at your pleasure .
>>
>>92744708
Fk the man, printer go brrrr
>>
>>92744659
Theft.
>>
>>92743413
I’ll give you that they were expensive, but they felt reasonably powerful for the cost - they were a dedicated long range anti-tank weapon, not a Swiss Army knife for killing anything. Hell, with the number of two wound T4 models they got a big buff just on that.

For clarity, I’m not arguing against you as I realize you’re on the same side of the argument as I am, I just wanted to expand on it.
>>
>>92740231
>looks Italian
YOU TAKE THAT BACK YOU SON OF A BITCH ILL KILL YOU
>>
>>92743413
>>92744580
Funny part is my idea behind this squad is that they overran an ultramarine HSS position and once the nails dimmed they just looted the corpses and turned their own weapons against them
>>
So the Esoterist is just the precursor to a Sorcerer, right? What's the big difference between them and a regular Librarian?
>>
>>92744728
Completely forgot marines even had those.

Seems like kind of a redundant unit in HH, don’t really see what a mastiff, even if heavily enhanced in some way, could do against a power armoured space marine, especially if you consider that they would probably be similar to the equivalent units that already exist in IM and SoS, which already are redundant.
>>
File: 12 C6 ZESTAW.png (198 KB, 741x492)
198 KB
198 KB PNG
>>92736051
A dremel.
>>92736714
dark angles?
>>92736929
I have a 10 man plasma squad and 20 left over marines+parts to build melta/volkite weapons/flamers and rottor cannons. I already have a 10 man lascanon unit, but I think it would be nice to get something beside the plasma to help with anti vehicle/anti terminator.
>>
>>92744604
Nice SoH green.
>>
>>92741503
>>92741782

Did you know that space marines weren't really created by the emprah but by the Selenar, an ancient cult of man-hating Cybele worshipers that turned into quasi-heretek gene-witches?
When it comes to genetic engineering the emprah was like a child before those matrons, but of course these wise and enlightened wymen had no interest in creating hypermasculine supersoldiers who they knew would set the galaxy aflame due to their fragile egos and womb-envy and daddy issues.
So he had to conquer Luna and force his patriarchal yoke upon them. But in a last act of defiance before their defeat, they hid from him a wondrous artifact they called the Magna Mater (Great Mother), a genevault of knowledge that contained the pure material of the 20 primarchs, the genetic blueprint of the space marines, that would later be known as the "Sangprimus Portum"...

>but wait, didn't he use his Legions to conquer Luna?
yes of course
>doesn't that mean the Selenar had already helped him create the primarchs, astartes and custodes or else that he created them without their help?
that's right
>how does that make sense?
silence chud
>>
>>92745046
Different spells and traitors can buy demons if they've got an esoterist.
>>
>>92745049
>redundant
Most of the game is "redundant", it doesn't need 20+ legion rules or 50+ different units to run. It's not about needing things, it's about telling a good story through your army and those units and rules are needed for that. Isstvan 3 and 5 were pivotal in the heresy and after the main attacks hunter killer squads were the main thing the books show as traitor ground assests left to finish off stragglers.
>>92745183
The book makes it crystal clear that the Selenar were needed to mass produce them because the labs on Terra weren't enough and once the legions started conquering the stars they weren't needed anymore, you pulled the " space marines weren't really created by the emprah but by the Selenar" out of your ass. Also minor factions seeing emps as the genocidal warlord that he is isn't anything new and trying to oppose him isn't anything new.
>>
>>92745183
Just in case you think I'm caricaturing them or something, here's actual quotes:

>We have gone by many names and used many guises through the ages to move through the world of men, but every name and every guise had but one purpose: to keep our power of creation out of the hands of men
>Because we knew you would do what your kind always does with such a gift: you would seek to turn it into a weapon of conquest and dominance

>So fragile. Another side-effect of hyper-aggressive masculine traits.

>Underestimating the depths of cruelty men possess has always been our problem

And bonus:
>To accept that everything for which you fight is built upon lies, murder and theft does not fit the narrative you must craft in order to keep believing you are the heroes of the galaxy
>>
>>92745247
What the fuck is this¿ this is like some "I would pick a bear over a man" level of men hate. No wonder some dudes are unhappy where GW is going.
I think I will have to thank God, for that fact that in my part of the world, the interest in lore is rather small and mostly imited to really ancient 20-30 years ago texts and memes.
>>
>>92745220
>The book makes it crystal clear that the Selenar were needed to mass produce them because the labs on Terra weren't enough and once the legions started conquering the stars they weren't needed anymore
No, that's the opposite of what the book says. You're talking about what happened long after he conquered Luna and launched his Great Crusade. The conquest happened during the Unification Wars, which was launched because the Emperor wanted their techniques and the Magna Mater (Sangprimus Portum.)

>The Emperor's transhuman warriors are bred to wreck bloody ruin and nothing else. But we of the Selenar cult, by iterating upon the twin mysteries of the helix, perform acts of delation and creation. The gene-wrights of the Emperor pursue only the science of death, and it is too late for them to change their course.

>The Emperor does not seek to destroy us. He seeks to yoke us to His great work [...] His hubris requires our science, our looms and our mysteries. He knows much, but He does not know everything.
>If the Emperor's killers do not find me here, they will tear Luna apart until they do. They will break me and I will be forced to give them the Magna Mater.
>>
>>92745247
The Selenars absolute cope in the face of their own failures and complete lack of self awareness was consistently hilarious.
Like Erda, they’re absolutely written with the intention of being the far left ideal of strong female characters, fighting the patriarchy that oppressed them and steals credit for their works, but, just like in real life, the need for a coherent narrative and to hold to the established facts of the setting, means every time their boasts and accusations unravel after they hit the true and objective truths of the setting.
The Selenar were cruel and capricious monsters of old night, and the only importance they had was fleeting need for their inherited knowledge and jealously hoarded technology, becoming irrelevant the moment the Great Crusade left the Sol system, just as Erda’s claims of compassion and enlightenment being the reason she betrayed the Emperor, and scattered the Primarchs, was revealed to have been nothing more than being puppeted by the strings she never knew the Chaos gods held her by.
>>
>>92745288
But this makes no sense. The Emperor is a "god" level psyker and telepath. If the Selenar had any knowladge he did not possessed, he would just "read" it out of their minds and a speed regular psykers can't even imagine. And even if they had some sort of dampening fields on the moon. All it would take is for the Emperor to either destroy those fields(and they would have to be REALLY powerful to stop him) or collect the Selenars and perform the reading in the orbit of the moon.

Does GW not know how powerful their own "god" character is?
>>
>>92745288
And a space marine's apothecary's take, during the Heresy:
>The Selenar had two things the Emperor needed: a knowledge of genecraft that outstripped His own, and industrial-scale facilities to match the scope of His ambition. Thus they were spared obliteration. The Emperor yoked Luna's cults and tasked them with building armies mighty enough to conquer a galaxy.
>[The Magna Mater is] said to be the fabled fountainhead of the earliest and most powerful Space Marine genetics [...] this knowledge is what allowed the Emperor Himself to build the Legiones Astartes. None of us would be here without it [...] The Emperor will need this knowledge if He is to rebuild the Imperium back from the ashes.
>>
>>92745313
What a character says and what the facts of the setting are are two different things. The Legions already existed and outclassed everything the Selenar had created. All the Selenar did after the conquest of Lunar was afford themselves a stay of execution, by being useful as a way to industrialise the process of creating space marines. Hell, we know they were already going extinct, that their claimed mastery of the flesh and lofty boasts of grand genetic designs were failing before the master of mankind put an end to their degenerate experiments. Just because a character is written with an argument, even if it’s also the authors own opinion, doesn’t make it true. It just means the character and author are lying to not only us, but themselves.
>>
>>92745313
The book can't even seem to decide if the Emperor had access to it at one point, but if he ever did he could have just copied the data/learned the techniques.
Not to mention he had the primarchs he could resample if needed.

It's all poorly thought out nonsense to explain what Cawl got his hands on to create the Primaris 10k years later.
>>
>>92745345
>>92745288
It took space marines to conquer them you dumb fuck, where do you think the name Luna Wolves came from?
>>
>>92745371
Yell at the author not at me, I already pointed out the inconsistency.
>>
>>92745354
Both the Selenar genewitch and the apothecary agreed that the Magna Mater was necessary to create the space marines.

And here's an exchange:
>"You have good eyes", [the genewitch] said
>"You should know, your kind enhanced them."
>"That we did, Raven Guard, irreducible complexity be damned."

And the book is titled "Sons of the Selenar", in case you forgot.
>>
>>92745380
>Inconsistency
There isn't any, Emps created the space marines and conquered Luna to get the gene forges to mass produce marines and the magna mater to stabilize the process and iterate upon. The phrase
>this knowledge is what allowed the Emperor Himself to build the Legiones Astartes.
is pointing to the fact that every time someone tries to mass produce astartes we have been shown so far it results in mutants, retards or dead recruits but through the knowledge and that before the great crusade the legions were legions in name only.
>>
>>92745433
>through the knowledge
*of the magna mater they managed to get the legions at decent enough numbers
lmao
>>
>>92745247
>>92745183
And this upsets you because? This attitude of their is just copied from Dune like everything else. God-Emperor Leto II straight up says war is a adolescent obsession men engage in because they're closeted homos. He also maintains an all female army because they make better occupation troops and are less predatory.

40k's Emperor is in every was just a failed version of Leto II. You people should really read all the stuff that inspired 40k. You'd be a lot less surprised when you read something like this.
>>
>>92745305
Grimdark innit
>>
>>92745453
>less predatory
Oh nonono… they really are fantasy novels i guess
>>
>>92745354
Well women that get PhD often don't have kids, so they do die out. That is kind of a realistic.

>>92745363
yeah, the Cawl stuff is beyond my level of understanding either it is stupid, that it is not even on my stupid ass level OR it is so pulled out of the ass that it doesn't make sense at all. Potentialy both. The idea of legion sized forces, with weapons, fleets, etc being hidden for 10k years is mind blowing.
>>
>>92745523
I'm also amused at the idea that an all-female force wouldn't be engaging in homosex 24/7
>>
>>92745433
But he already build the 1st legion and it was stable. And it was mass produced too. Now if they had a way to mass produce custodes, then maybe the tech would have been worth mind reading them all for knowladge.
>>
>>92745523
Herbert was born in 1920 and his wife helped in a lot on his books. It's a reflection of the ideas that were popular at the time I guess.
>>
File: 1613243601416.png (1.44 MB, 900x900)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB PNG
>>92722900
If you were gonna do a 5 mission campaign for Beta Garmon, what missions would you make/use to get a solid feel for the conflict? Pic unrelated
>>
>>92745554
Yeah, referring to women as the gentler sex (or gentle sex) goes back to the 19th century or even before.
>>
>>92745537
>The First Legion was by far the largest Astartes force by the later of the Unification Wars, numbering 10,000 while the other Legiones were often a few hundred each.
There are 20 legions and 10k marines isn't cutting it when you need to conquer the known universe.
>>
>>92745566
Plenty do it to this day.
>>
>>92745537
They mind wiped themselves removing everything related to the Magna Mater, it's one of the reasons the gene witch in Sons of the Selenar(TM) can't ask for help from the rest of the cult.
>>
>>92745537
>>92745614
>Emperor needed the Selenar's knowledge to mass produce Astartes so he sent his Wolves to conquer Luna
>but the Selenar mind-wiped themselves and hid the Magna Mater from the Emperor
>but he did use them to massproduce the Astartes
No matter how you try to reconcile it, it doesn't make chronological sense.

And again, everyone agrees that the Magna Mater was the blueprint for the space marines, not just techniques for mass production:
>>92745407
>>92745345
>>
>>92745080
Thanks senpai, it's the receipe from Cult of Paint. I really liked it because it's much more like the Black Books and Index Astartes before it. The Sybarite Green look just isn't for me.
>>
>>92745689
>that the Magna Mater was the blueprint for the space marines
The magna mater contains the total knowledge about gene-crafting the Selenars had, you can keep reposting the same posts and I can keep reposting the same answers. They used the knowledge to iterate upon big E's design but in some of the books even they admit they didn't know jack shit on how to improve them and most certainly didn't invent marines.
>>
>>92745689
They didn't mind-wipe themselves after getting captured, the gene-witch said that she hid it for 200 years but the first pacification was 300 years before SotS. Emps had the thingamajig for a century. The first marines were prototypes.
>>
File: IMG_8422.jpg (2.26 MB, 4032x3024)
2.26 MB
2.26 MB JPG
I know the head needs re-sized for sure, but does it at least work with the rest of the body? I want to set my Palatine Spireguard apart
>>
>>92744301
Moritats
>>
>>92744301
Depends on the legion, but it’s usually Moritats. If you can get a pistol weapon for them that doesn’t have Gets Hot (ensuring they get the full chain fire) you’re golden.
>>
>>92745890
I would say so.
>>
>>92745571
At least women won't be raping any of the women in occupied territory with their dicks.
>>
>>92745183
So, the Selenar helped conquer themselves? Typical women behavior to be honest :^)
>>
>>92745867
>They didn't mind-wipe themselves after getting captured
They mind-wiped themselves BEFORE getting captured.
>the gene-witch said that she hid it for 200 years
Yes, she was the only one who wasn't mindwiped, who was tasked with hiding the Magna Mater. No one even knew she existed. The Emperor never got his hands on the Magna Mater (after the conquest of Luna at least)

>Emps had the thingamajig for a century.
Did he? Because it sure sounded like not only the Selenars had the thing all this time, but that it was THEIR sacred artifact in the first place (it's named the Magna Mater after their Cybele cult, it's encoded with their genecoding techniques, it's at the center of their rites etc)

>>92745809
>The magna mater contains the total knowledge about gene-crafting the Selenars had
That's not what the apothecary believed and that's not what the witch claimed. It seems it's a magnum opus equivalent of the Philosopher's Stone or Emerald Tablet in a way, but it's something that they had specifically used as the "fountainhead" for the space marines' genetics, and what Cawl would use to create the Primaris (supposedly, it contains "the pure genetical material" of the 20 primarchs that he used to craft the new organs)

>in some of the books even they admit they didn't know jack shit on how to improve them
The one non-mindwiped witch we have essentially bragged that her sisters did just that, and the space marine she talked to even knew that:
>>92745407
>>
File: decals 2.jpg (294 KB, 2048x1536)
294 KB
294 KB JPG
>>92744604
I thought I'd put the decals in roughly the same spots on the MK V and MK VI, but maybe I should have centered them on the shins instead. Too late now, they're glossed in.
>>
>>92746563
>The Emperor never got his hands on the Magna Mater (after the conquest of Luna at least)
Yeah mostly this. And now we know what the power of the Magna Mater was: it would have allowed marines to be upgraded to Primaris 10,000 years earlier.
That being said, after 9E gave Firstborn 2W, currently Primaris are different from marines in one way only:
+1A
That is the power of the Magna Mater. +1A.
>>
>>92746638
>The height of girl boss gene-crafting using all their hidden mysteries and esoteric knowledge is a few inches in height and terminator honors
Remarkably fitting.
>>
>>92746152
From my expirance from working at 2 prisons, you are right. But I am not sure if WC brushes and bottles are such an awesome alternative to a dick. Plus women are impossibly cruel to other women, if allowed to.
>>92746577
What kind of an armour is the one on the left? looks very cool.
>>
>>92746691
I do say their infrastructure let them create marines fast enough for galactic conquest, so that's nice
>>
>>92746750
Maybe those imprisoned are the worst of the worst? As in, think of all the stuff women do get away with.
Those imprisoned are the ones that, even after social acceptance, they still get punished. They are the ugly ones D:
If anything, that might be because of increased testosterone, no?
>>
>>92745046
All esoterists are librarians (in the broad sense of librarians being any astartes psyker - more on that below) but not all librarians are esoterists. The esoterists (like some others, eg. the Primus nullificators) are librarians who specialize in one very specific aspect of psychic powers. 2.0 removed the daemonology disciplines but one could argue that an esoterist is just a librarian who specializes in daemonology.

All of the above assumes the definition of “librarian” as an astartes psyker; in the crusade and HH time, psykers were (depending on the legion, much) less regulated and categorized than they are under the codex astartes. An alternative way of thinking would be that librarians are specifically psykers who conform to some set of defined or de-facto standards present across the legions (hence why a storm seer, rune priest or generic thousand sons psyker may not be considered a librarian). Some of the descriptions surrounding the council of Nikaea suggest that in imperial bureaucracy eyes, any Astartes psyker is a librarian, but again, these aren’t hard defined terms at this point.
>>
>>92746760
nah, I never worked at a heavy labor camp where there were women. In both cases it were regular prisons, for people that didn't pay their taxes, stole things from work and a lot of women that hit/killed their husbands. We didn't even have prostitutes and drug dealers in my wing. Those had a separate wings, and there "magic" happened.
>>
>>92745074
If you’re going to use drill bits with a dremel or similar rotary tool you need to make sure you buy bits rated for high RPM, and you have to be careful. Most small drill bits (at least most that aren’t 30-40 USD per bit) are intended for use in a hand drill or pin vise and aren’t made using materials and tolerances that let them withstand 3-20 kRPM. My rotary tool can run unladen (no load or bit) at 23000 RPM and that’s more than enough to blow up cheap drill bits. I do have a few nice carbide drill bits made for those RPMs but they were ~45 $CAD each and I wouldn’t use them for plastics (they’re for metalworking for jewellery).
>>
>>92745046
Esoterists are marines who experiment with channeling the Warp through rituals, symbols, and sacrifices.

Librarians channel the warp through their innate connection with the Warp.
>>
>>92746818
I would never pay 30-45$. That is mad expensive, as I live in Poland. The whole dremel tool cost me around 28$.
>>
>>92746834
Esoterists are dudes using shamanism, name magic, enumerica (math magic) etc. You are right in that. Psykers are just dudes who affect the world with the power of their mind.
>>
>>92746691
It's kind of ironic that every instance of BL writers forcing more women representation into the story is either typical women moments, or just straight up stolen valour.
Custodes failing to protect the Emperor was just to be expected with female custodes :^)
>>
>>92746760
Alternative viewpoint: when I was in high school four girls got together and raped another girl with a toilet brush before kicking her to death. One of them did a year in juvie, the others got off (gigity) with community service. At least one reoffended before the end of high school when she stabbed another girl in the stomach with a pencil because “she was a whore who got pregnant” (the baby and girl both survived).

Now, to temper this, there was also a gang fight involving 30+ male students that ending a shoot out (27 shots fired, nobody hit, two arrested).
>>
>>92746563
>The one non-mindwiped witch we have essentially bragged that her sisters did just that, and the space marine she talked to even knew that:
In the same book we get the Ur-legionaries anon.
>>
>>92746886
What the hell kind of ghetto highschool did you go to? All the kids who died at my highschool were killed by their parents.
>>
>>92746845
You should actually be able to get decent bits at a more reasonable price there - Poland and a pretty decent (by Eastern European standards) machining industry. I suspect you’re still looking at like 10 bucks each minimum if you want them done to standards, but going for a set of decent locally manufactured high speed steel bits would probably suffice - I’d see if you can find a local machine shop and ask if you can buy a few bits from them instead of hitting a hardware store. All this is assuming your dremel goes up to these high speeds, if it caps out at like 3k RPM there’s much less concern.

Another option would be to go to a jeweller and ask where they get their bits and burrs - jewellers tend to have really nice stuff but that’s cheaper than machinist stuff because it doesn’t need a shit load of accreditations and paperwork to say how good it is.
>>
>>92746905
We actually only had two kids die (one was the girl, but that wasn’t at school) and the other got hit by a bus while skateboarding across our transit way (he survived for nearly a year though but died from complications).

It was a public school that existed right at the boundary between a very rich neighbourhood and a very poor neighbourhood. Super nice school, but basically it had a third of its population being from projects, a third from million dollar homes (and this was fifteen years ago when that wasn’t the norm) and a third from diplomat families. Definitely weird on demographics.
>>
>>92746961
Sounds like an interesting social experiment. Idk what they'd be measuring, but it sounds interesting.
>>
>>92746750
The one on the left is FW MK V, with a crest and powerfist stolen from a MK VI
>>
>>92746750
>Plus women are impossibly cruel to other women
All women I know have told me this and grew up as the only guy in an all women household, so also know from personal experience It's insane how hostile women between each other seem to be.
Groups of men are just hanging out with the bros the majority of the time. But with women? They gotta conform to the unwritten, unspoken social rules of that group, or they will face the consequences or be cast out and shunned. Even if there's no physical abuse it's a lot of manipulative psychological warfare.

It's why that part where Malcador says the primarchs should have been women is such an absolute joke to me. If that had been the case the Imperium would have self-destructed due to infighting within a decade or two.
>>
>>92746886
This is what happens when you live around a Yugioh playerbase.
>>
>>92745046
>Librarians
Marine psykers following the Librarium rules created by Sanguinius, the Khan, and Magnus. Not all were combat psykers (Example: the few Luna Wolves librarians)
>Esoterists
marines playing with warp shit, but not necessarily psykers when they began (example: Erebus, Malaghourst). Usually traitors summoning daemons
>Sorcerers
unregulated battle psyker marines deep in chaos shit even if they don't know it. Example: the TSons
>Shamans
Stormseers and Rune priests. Psyker marines following native traditions with a lot of emphasis in restraint and avoiding daemons
>Misc
Some marines fell in more than one of these groups, like Tiphon. Or were natural psykers without training like Sevatar. Or tried it all like the AL.

BTW a lot of the legions didn't have a Librarius or formally recognized psykers.
>>
>>92747215
Female primarchs would have been fine because autistic girl groups tend to be more chill.
>>
>had a dream where I basecoated a Contemptor Dreadnought while it had visible gaps in the assembly
Legions for this feel?
The dreadnought was SoH seagreen btw.
>>
>>92747676
>more chill
The old joke I saw once was that instead of the Horus Heresy there would be the Horusia Passive-Aggressive, where half the Primarchs just stop talking to the other half and share mean gossip within their group.
>>
>>92747846
But... that's exactly what happened until Isstvan, anon
>>
>>92747865
Well yea but it would be only that.
>>
>>92747334
Woah that's a lot of witches though
>>
>>92747846
Autistic girls are too retarded to understand gossip unless they're a BPD girl who got misdiagnosed.
>>
>>92748089
Sounds like a job for Mort the Scythe.
>>
>>92747806
For all its faults, at least the monopose plastic cuntemptor didn't allow mongoloids to assemble it with visible gaps all over it.
>>
wish shrapnel bolters were free. i need those 80 points
>>
>>92740231
>How can anyone call this guy their favourite primarch?
People who cannot immagine to play without a brutal (3) primarch.
>>
>>92748541
Just don't take shrapnel bolts, they're a waste of points 95% of the time. Seen entire games played where units just never failed their leadership test.
>>
>>92748596
im taking them because of the extra damage output from hammer of olympia
>>
>>92747072
How much weed and coke can rich diplomat kids buy before their parents notice they’re high all the time. I was from the low socioeconomic side of the school and some of those kids single-handedly supported their family selling drugs at the school and they didn’t even have to do much work.
>>
>>92748141
New council
>>92748766
>>92748766
>>92748766
>>
>>92747806
You should see my shitty recast Deimos rhinos that I built when I was a teenager. There’s gaps you could fit whole marine heads through. I’m thinking about replacing them all with new plastic ones, but if I shell out for eight of them at GW prices I could instead buy a second reaver.
>>
>>92748772
Where i’m from snobby rich kids basically support the entire drug trade through party drugs, don’t really get why they feel the need to do drugs when they basically get life on a silver plater.
>>
>>92748772
At our school, the drug dealer kid was the son of a judge.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.