[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Palladium Games and Rifts General! /PGaRG/

The world is a broken, post-apocalyptic wasteland destroyed by the eruption of inter-dimensional portals, rifts in the fabric of space-time and ley lines which crisscross the world. Demon & alien invaders have poured out of the rifts to destroy human civilization and claim the Earth. Now the wasteland has had 300 years to partially recover, and civilization has returned to the world; but not just human civilization: alien empires, monster kingdoms, lost time travellers, lands of mutants, demonic overlords and wizards have arisen from the ashes, all trying to rebuild the world in their own image!

Talk about:
>RIFTS(tm)
>Heroes Unlimited
>Palladium Fantasy
>Beyond the Supernatural
>Dead Reign
>Robotech (lol)
>TMNT & Other Strangeness + After the Bomb
>Splicers
>Nightbane
>Savage Rifts

>Resources, PDFs, links, podcasts, etc.:
https://pastebin.com/nCtwd6Jw

>official (highly-moderated) discord:
https://discord.gg/xGkk75Z

>Scholarly Adventures reviews and guides
https://www.scholarlyadventures.com/blog

>The Rifter torrent with issues #0 to #85
https://files.catbox.moe/57wqyo.torrent

>Previous thread:
>>92626446

>Thread Question:
Do you follow the actual locations of ley lines/nexus points as drawn on official maps or just make up your own locations for your game/plot? As a player, do you travel through rifts to other locations or dimensions?
>>
>>92700349
According to the writer, Kevin tried contacting him for rewrites at the time, but given the writer had just lost his job and his wife (dead), he wasn't in the mood for living so he ghosted Kevin and just about everyone else in his life.
Years later he tried to contact Kevin about it, but Kevin never responded.
Given rumors are Kevin has had three different writers submit three different scripts for the book and each of them got turned down, Kevin ended up in a sour relationship with the writer, or both, that book just might be cursed to never be written.
With all of Kevin's hang-ups I wouldn't be surprised he just refuses to talk about it at this point.

>>92700700
>Ley Lines
Fuck no.
I draw my own or just say there's on there.
The ones on the map are mostly shit since they're supposed to be everywhere and impacting things and so plentiful you can have vehicles that only function on ley lines as a viable way to travel across the country, and then there are like three major routes and even they suck.
>>
>>92700760
>According to the writer
Palladium Games is just one long series of dramas and business mistakes, isn't it?
>>
>>92700859
When your entire company is just your personal friends and contractors, that's the end result.
>>
>>92700760
Well that's disappointing but at least it makes sense now.

>>92700700
>tq
I do not but then I'm just using all the Palladium stuff for my own setting in a spacefaring sci-fantasy campaign.

That said I probably need to simplify some things as the older design philosophy is making my players' eyes glaze over while failing to enable several of their concepts.
>>
Any one ever been to Atlantis?
>>
File: !Chi-town1.jpg (464 KB, 1014x1310)
464 KB
464 KB JPG
>>
>>92701840
One of my players said his previous GM always used to make a hard as balls intro mission to any campaign, drop 50+ million credits on the survivors, and then the second adventure would always involve Atlantis.
Then during the fourth adventure the GM would get bored and suggest a new campaign.

I've never used the place personally.
>>
File: rifts tattoo.png (432 KB, 640x577)
432 KB
432 KB PNG
>>
>>92705807
>On his back is the aerial combat rules. House rules is that if the table is on flesh its has priority!
>>
>>92701840

Whenever it came up everyone at the table agrees they aren't ready.
>>
File: !kittani mecha dragon.jpg (397 KB, 1600x1038)
397 KB
397 KB JPG
>>92705895
I mean even the strongest Rifts party of Cosmo-Knights and Horned Dragons couldn't take on 10 billion Kitanni in power armor, could they?
>>
>>92709893
Fighting Rifts Atlantis would require going total annihilation. It's best to treat it as a trading hub.

Also if we're talking Cosmo-Knights, once they're a high enough level, like 10+, the fact they fly at mach 1/level should mean that to shockwaves from them going by at full speed should do most of the work for them against anything not specifically reinforced to handle those kinds of pressures.
>>
>>92710340
LOL. Are there actually rules for shockwave blasts in Rifts? I doubt it.
>>
>>92710360
Closest we get is the Boom gun and Nuclear blasts talk about shockwave.
So in theory you could extrapolate the shock from someone flying at mach 10 using a nuke with the equivalent psi, but good luck.
>>
Hey, look, a game about Cyber-Knights:

https://www.backerkit.com/c/projects/all-about-games-consulting/knight-rpg
>>
>>92710360
>>92710501
Just double checked.
CS Navy says all Nukes have a shockwave of 3D6 MD from the overpressure.
Kind of lame but still would imply crazy fast flying close to the ground can straight pulp humans in rifts

>>92711042
Seems pretty cool, but looks more like Warframe.
>>
Would it be in poor taste to buy a lesbian couple a biowizardry penis? Asking for a friend.
>>
File: 92ec0531ee6a8851.jpg (69 KB, 881x596)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>92712900
Yes. A dragon dildo or bio-wiz two-sided vibrator is much more tactful.
>>
>>92711042
Glad I never got around to working on a fan TL, my laziness has paid off
>>
>>92701840
Well I have an True Atlantian Astral Lord/Techno-Wizard who can & will forge a suit of Indestructible Gantrium Power Armor, & eventually drive the Squids from Atlantis like St, Patrick drove the snakes from Ireland.
>>
>>92714201
>bio-wiz two-sided vibrator
Would that just randomly sprout tentacles or have a faerie battery?
>>
>>92700700
>Do you follow the actual locations of ley lines/nexus points as drawn on official maps or just make up your own locations for your game/plot?
I plotted my own based on general descriptions
>>
BTW
THANK YOU to the two anons that answered my question about circuses last thread - I got sick and only saw the replies today.
I truly appreciate your replies.
>>
>>92717979
de nada, dub-dubs.
>>
>>92711042

Seems like Warframe and despite I couldn't see what the rules for the game actuslly are. There's 5 stats and like 15 sub stats but I don't see how it works.
>>
>>92719858
It already exists as a french RPG, this new one is just clearing up some things an an english translation.
>All stats are between 1 and 3
>All skills are between 1 and 5
>Stat + Skill = number of dice you use
>Every roll is a d6 with 50% chance for a success, you need at least 3 successes to accomplish something
>Instead of a class you have your armor, your armor gives abilities, bonuses and auto-successes on certain skills
>Armor also determines your Armor (HP), your Shield (Regenerating HP), and your Energy (MP/PPE)
>You then buy upgrades to your armor
>You then buy weapons for your armor
>You go and fight monsters
>In addition to the Shield and Armor you also have Hope (basically sanity/willpower/resolve), and Health
>If your Shield hits 0 your armor can start taking damage
>If your armor takes too much damage you take damage from the impact through the armor
>If your armor hits 0 you're now naked on the battlefield
>If your Health hits 0 you're dead
>If your Hope hits 0 you become a monster
>Also has Warhammer style Fate Points except they regenerate the way metacurrencies do in narrative RPG systems
>>
>>92719858
Yeah, they do a bad job in the quickstart of explaining the basic mechanics (no examples). From what I can tell it's basically

>GM chooses 1 characteristic
>player chooses 1 characteristic
>combined = number of d6s to roll
>even dice are successes
>need X successes to succeed at Difficulty set by GM
I doubt they did the math for the success/fail distribution.
>>
>>92720098
tg hivemind
>>
File: have you experienced loss.png (967 KB, 1024x1024)
967 KB
967 KB PNG
Any update on how Kevin is doing following his bereavement?
>>
>>92720098
>French

What stat controls when you drink wine while smoking a cigarette and complaining about your divorced spouse?
>>
File: knight attribute stats.jpg (349 KB, 619x1642)
349 KB
349 KB JPG
>>92723479
That would be Composure and Aura.
>>
File: riftsmap.jpg (280 KB, 1327x1009)
280 KB
280 KB JPG
Post your maps of Palladium games. I could use a good high-resolution map of the Palladium Fantasy world.
>>
File: 5typ0y4xut971.png (6.74 MB, 1843x1843)
6.74 MB
6.74 MB PNG
>>92726801
Found this one on Reddit a while back. It's a map of the southern Missouri/northern Arkansas region around Castle Refuge.
>>
>>92727735
Castle Refugee is fanfiction
>>
File: Rifts USA Map.jpg (203 KB, 1219x1233)
203 KB
203 KB JPG
over 9000 hours in mspaint by some anon
>>
>>92732530
>>
>>92732592
>>
File: NAMap.jpg (553 KB, 800x541)
553 KB
553 KB JPG
>>92732625
>>
>>92732632
reminder that KEvin got a lot of ideas for Rifts Earth from that kook Gordon Michael Scallion.
>>
hello everyone

I'm playing a game of rift under the robotech rules, but currently playing during the global civil war before anything alien becomes known to mankind. This means no mech, no ships, no lasers, or anything else of the sort yet.

How would you go about making the most optimized character under such circumstances?

I'm asking because the GM not only does everything he can to avoid giving us XP(still level 5 after 4-5 years of weekly games) but keeps making the game more and more dangerous for our characters, and I feel like mine's likely to die soon, so I'm looking for a replacement that actually has potential to reach high levels.

Thanks in advance for any responses.
>>
>>92732652

I cannot read that picture at that resolution.
>>
>>92727735
>Try to get my beauty sleep
>Kingsdale playing music too loud
>Tell them to stop
>They play it louder
>>
>>92734176

High PP is always good and useful for every character.

So like, what OCCs does you campaign have?
>>
Does anyone have the combat procedure info graphic that was posted a few threads ago?
Much appreciated
>>
>>92701840
no stupid, that's why we keep making up shit about it
>>
>>92738986

Well, where else are you gonna get some sweet tats and symbiote powers? That and technology that runs on fairies and leprechauns kept in jars.
>>
File: 1696422292984886.jpg (1.47 MB, 3300x2550)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB JPG
>>92735042

This one?
>>
>>92740843
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE only for melee hand to hand combat, doesn't include RANGED!!!
>>
>>92700700

Yellow fever and vape master talk about creating human cluster dwellings in rifts:
https://youtu.be/-x-Be8U9w8Q?si=jshICoU5SG5E9Q8S
>>
File: Rifts cheat sheet.png (304 KB, 1124x839)
304 KB
304 KB PNG
>>92741681

This one then?
>>
>>92740843
That’s the one
>>92743209
And I like this too

Thanks, anon. This will help my players reach maximum beat-em-up.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.