[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: image[1].png (56 KB, 496x346)
56 KB
56 KB PNG
Have been running a campaign with some friends for the last year +, and uh... well considering we use discord for it mainly, I've taken to having a bit of fun with the session planning.

I have used a random picture of john goodman in every single event posting. every one. from the big lebowsky to the terrible 'death sentence', no event has been safe from the mark of the goodman.

my players have yet to say anything to me about it. not a peep. I think theyre too confused and intimidated to say anything in fear of what I might start doing next, maybe john appearing in game.

actually I may just start doing that. random NPC's are just john goodman in different fantasy dress...hmm

just thought it was worth a giggle and a share. remember fellow DM/GM/ST's out there; you dont need scary monsters or 5d chess scenarios to screw with your players.
>>
Cute if true, Schizo-kun
>>
File: 222421536.jpg (768 KB, 1079x1074)
768 KB
768 KB JPG
>>92625414
I think it'd actually be really really charming if you were to use AI or photoshop to give the players visual references for characters but make them more and more ridiculous versions of Goodman
>local blacksmith
>ornery dwarf
>bugbear chieftan
>captured damsel
>masked knight (you can just barely make out his eyes through the visor
>benevolent regent
>his evil vizier
>the court wizard
>golem statue in the dungeon
>demon lord
>castle wall (not a character it just is one of those optical illusion AIs that hides an image within an image of the city so it looks like John Goodman if you squint at it

Getting these dropped in chat without explanation as a player would flatten me. Please take it farther.
>>
>>92629474
>the damsel in distress
>>
File: astrid - bruce token.png (173 KB, 270x270)
173 KB
173 KB PNG
>>92629474
oh goodness that would be fucking great XD though dunno what AI I could get my mits on that would be worth a shit to pull it off. my standby for this sorta shit is usually bing's/microshit, but like you cant do any celebs with it. its really frustrating! so I'm very open to suggestions. just be aware, I'm a knuckle dragging artist type, so setting up my own AI is probably outta the question/over my head.

>>92630750
lmfao, princess goodman
>>
>>92625414
If you start doing this for NPC's, please post examples, even if you have to wait until the game is done.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.