[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_1295.jpg (99 KB, 602x829)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
So, if you had to define Mumm-Ra’s class what would it be? Druid? Priest? Some weird hybrid? A Wizard who went the evil god route to lichdom? Also was he supposed to be originally human?
>>
>>92622089
Warlock, he literally gets his magic by sucking dick in front of four statues of "the ancient spirits of evil".

Or you could just play a superior game without classes.
>>
>>92622089
Magical girl
>>
Also a weird thing about his character is that even though he’s very accomplished as a magic-user, he ALWAYS defaults to juicing up on the deities’ power to run off and doing fisticuffs. Is it the Warlock’s dilemma where the more powerful they get the more addicted they become to demonic energy?
>>
>>92622089
Depends on the game.
>>
File: he-man-skeletor.jpg (58 KB, 640x360)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>92622089
>So, if you had to define Mumm-Ra’s class what would it be? Druid?
evil cleric

But what would be Skeletor's class?
>>
>>92622387
Camp Follower, unironically. He is the biggest fucking joke of a villain, even for a 90s cartoon. Literal Commoner NPC levels of competence.
>>
>>92622504
>90's
>skeletor
>>
>Mumm-Ra
>Skeletor
>Gargamel
Now that I think about it didn’t the 80s have this thing with extremely accomplished wizards who nevertheless acted like retards? It’s like, they DO try to leverage their wizardry talents to enable their plans, but they always do something extremely foolish to screw it up. Frankly they should be walking all over the protagonist given their talent with magic.
>>
File: IMG_7319.jpg (916 KB, 1573x2224)
916 KB
916 KB JPG
>>92622120
Thats not that far fetched idea. Does a Reverse or AntiMagical Girl concept exist?
>>
File: IMG_7321.jpg (236 KB, 736x893)
236 KB
236 KB JPG
>>92623566
They couldnt be that competent or otherwise the heroes would loose.
Besides you could argue that they are so power drunken that they think the heroes will loose this time.
>>
>applying retarded and flawed DnD terminology to fictions outside of it

Please fucking kill yourself
>>
>>92623566
WIS is their dumb stat
>>
>>92623637
The trope typically gets called "Dark Magical Girl" and exists in universe as either a corrupted magical or an attempt to make an evil magical girl by somebody else.
>>
>>92622089
Warlock in his shriveled form.
Monk in his restored form.

>>92622387
Totally Warrior/Sorcerer hybrid to He-Man's pure Barbarian.
>>
File: IMG_7323.jpg (174 KB, 1280x800)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
>>92623939
But not that it is reversed or have a momstrous magical form?
>>
>>92624158
From my admittedly limited knowledge of Tokusatsu and Magical Girls stories, these are just called monsters.
>>
>>92625312
Ok.
>>
>>92625402
If you want me to elaborate, actual Japanese shows often have a lot of monsters capable of looking humans or antagonists who turn into monsters to a point where they aren't really a genre specific thing like magical girls. If they have a name, it's typically a name of a type of a monster they are.
>>
File: IMG_7338.jpg (214 KB, 1280x800)
214 KB
214 KB JPG
>>92625448
It was ok and kinda obvious that they are just monster transformations. Like you said they would just be a Werewulf. Your first post showed me that my question was kinda pointless.
>>
>>92622387
>But what would be Skeletor's class?
Epic level multiclass fighter/wizard

>>92622504
First, Skeletor isn't just 80s, he's iconically 80s, so I don't know how you can get that wrong.

Second, Skeletor scales to He-Man, a guy who can react and light speed and bench press planets. The ONLY hero who regularly beats him in a straight-up fight is He-Man; any other defeat depends heavily on a mixture of luck or circumstance.

In any other context Skeletor is regularly shown to be able to casually defeat even divine opponents. Depending on the continuity he may even have already conquered and ravaged multiple entire universes. Whenever there is a crossover Skeletor is ALWAYS depicted as being a top-tier spellcaster; he once casually defeated the Justice League in a matter of seconds.
>>
>>92633139
And now I've remembered something I typed up when someone tried to tell me that Ainz Oowl Gown could beat Skeletor...

>Ainz: [TRUE DEATH]
>Skeletor: “Oh no! The mighty sorcerer Skeletor, felled by an up and coming lich king! Ahhh…hahaha, ha, no.”
>Ainz: “What?! But nothing can - “
>Skeletor: “You mewling miscreant! If I had a gold coin for every time I had been subjected to some unstoppably devastating death spell, I could buy Castle Greyskull!”
>Ainz: “How - how is this - “
>Skeletor: “Let me put this in terms even an obtuse otaku like you can understand: My numbers are bigger than yours. You could sling spells at me all day long and you would come no closer to piercing the puissant perfection of my mighty magical defenses! That your cut-rate cantrip “True Death” cannot be stopped in your world means nothing to one who has pillaged and plundered the secret sorcery of universes!”
>Ainz: [by now is slinging spell after spell at Skeletor as he advances, Skeletor countering each one effortlessly. Ainz tries to teleport away but Skeletor follows, always drawing closer, never falling behind]
>Skeletor: “And listen to this last lesson: All the magical power in the Multiverse doesn’t mean much when your opponent also has vast magical power…
>[Skeletor has reached Ainz. He punches the lich lord into so much dust]
>Skeletor: ”AND the power to pummel you to powder with a single punch, you isekai’d idiot! NYEH HEH HEH HEH HA HA HA HA! oh, I love being evil!”
>>
>>92633139
Heman's powerscaling is honestly silly I always forget that it's cosmic scale nonsense when the rest of the show and stuff looks basically low-superheroic.
>>
>>92622089
I wouldn't because even though he is a pure 2d cardboard cutout of a villian he still has more character than a class based system is capable of.
>>
>>92622112
Name a good game without classes
>GURPS
I said good.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.