[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What are some ways the GM can help a group of PCs (not players) get closer with each other, like using certain kinds of events or GM techniques? In the new campaign I'm running, the PCs are rather distant from each other. A couple of factors that contribute to this:
- They're mercenaries who came together for personal, disparate reasons rather than a unified cause.
- Their personalities are various shades of introverted.
I'm rather optimistic, so I see this as more of an opportunity for growth rather than a bad dynamic. I'm aware that a lot of the work in developing a good party dynamic will lie with the players as well as time, but as the GM, I'd like to make things as easy and painless for them as possible. They're good kids.
>>
>>92596006
Just thinking of something off the cuff.

You could have the players discuss some slice of life shit that their players did between adventures or some imagined adventuring moments. Then leveraging that you could even have them play the "memories" of these events.

I also saw a video or something talking about how you get players to create something like 'two truths and a lie' for themselves on seperate pieces of paper. One rumour per player. Then you split those amongst the party so they know some rumours/truths about each other. This should, hopefully, breed some in-game discussions of those rumours or change how the other characters think of each other.

Hope it helps.
>>
>>92596277
Interesting OOC tricks. I think I'll try an IC version of this: have the characters tell a story about themselves.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.