[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sp/ - Sports

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1713819164652.jpg (167 KB, 680x534)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
For the 6th year in a row the nba mvp will be non American

How do basketball Americans cope ?
>>
>>140313806
I honestly don't think any American player has a chance of winning in the next few years. Maybe Brunson or Ja Morant, but those both look like a stretch right now.
>>
>>140313806
It's over
>>
>>140314722
I call already tell american sports media is about to prop up Ant as the next big super star
>>
not long ago the debate was "US vs The World" and usually people thought the US would win
now there's no question the internationals would demolish them
i wonder how long it will take for a single nation other than the US to actually surpass them
>>
>>140314722
What about Jayson Tatum?
>>
>>140314804
He could do it, yeah.

>>140314831
No.
>>
>>140318190
go back, homo
>>
Before 2018 on 3 non Americans ever won mvp. ( Hakeem, nash and dirk)
>>
where all the big white american boys at?
>>
>>140314819
>i wonder how long it will take for a single nation other than the US to actually surpass them
Olympics are coming up. LeTravel is captain.

Bronze or bust.
>>
>>140314819
>i wonder how long it will take for a single nation other than the US to actually surpass them
>>
>>140314819
If Yugoslavia were still one country they would have a serious claim to that
>>
>>140314722
Next American will 100% be Ant. He's good
>>
>>140314819
Why won't Joker join the Serbian team so I can see him destroy lebum one for time
>>
>>140320581
>where all the big white american boys at?
they are all playing football, where the real money is
>>
>>140330680
Have you seen the Serbian team play? They'll never let Jokic be the playmaker. He'll be stuck on the post.
>>
I mean be black and you'll get certain media votes over doncic/jokic for sure. ppl are saying brunson, tatum or ant as next american mvp, but those two guys are so damn inefficient compared to jokic its hard to see em get it (with non biased voters)
>>
Sick of hearing about nationality. Is that all anyone is anymore. A flag.
>>
Makes me think NBA MVP is a legit award since it actually goes to the most efficient/productive player not just the latest swaggy hypebeast ballhog
>>
>>140333477

>anymore

Nationality has actually never meant less in human history. It used to really define you
>>
>>140333557
Nationalism has only existed for a couple centuries.
>>
>>140333589
Maybe in a narrow sense.
Like, in the sense that 'nation' is basically an undefined meaningless word arbitrarily applied, like it being applied to Scotland but not Bavaria.

A sense of belonging to a group that was also governed by the same ruler has existed for much longer.
>>
>>140313806
almost like basketball is a global sport today.

We don't care about international competition here anyways. AAU coaches are a bunch of retarded people
>>
>>140333589

It was "ethnonationalism" before that. Nation has a historically ethnic connotation that morphed into something more abstract. So no, it was undeniably worse, it wasn't just your flag but also who you are.
>>
This just proves having diamond-solid fundamentals and a masterful understanding of play is better than pure athleticism. Most Black players just rely on being faster and jumping higher than the other guy to win, they never had to develop mentally like Euros do when it comes to playing basketball. Larry Bird and Jerry West dominated in their eras because of this.

If you give an athletic Black player a proper intellectual brain in understanding basketball, you’d get LeBron. Which is unfortunate because that only happens once every 50+ years since there’s no Black player near LeBron’s basketball IQ yet.
>>
>>140333811

I don't think it takes serious IQ to be smart in a basketball sense. It's more instinct and feel. American players aren't trained and developed the same way and don't value the same things, and they have a curiously worse work ethic in general. The products coming out of Europe are consummate players who have developed every single part of their game whereas Americans tend to specialize and rest on something they're really good at while neglecting the rest and not caring to put the work in to master it.
>>
>>140333699
Those borders were porous and moved regularly. Most documentary evidence we have from those eras comes from the court, where obviously all the stuff is loyal to the king and government.
There were no documentaries in the 18th century talking to farmers, they were illiterate, DNA evidence shows the people didn't move with their governments much, especially in Europe.
Most wars in the premodern world were just between wealthy families. Like you're just male version of Kardashian/Real Housewives consumers but you're bastardizing World history
>>
>>140333811
>No Black player near LeBron’s basketball IQ yet

> Who are Paul, Duncan, Kobe...

Why are chuds like you are always so obsessed with race
>>
>>140333933
That's who this site attracts now. Why act surprised?
Every generation a few people come in, a few people leave. When I came here I was attracted to /b/ because Guy Fawkes Mask Trolls and stupid copypastas making fun of religion.
The kids coming on today are attracted to places like /int/ and /pol/ which is why there's such a conflict. Guys who are in their mid-30s who've been posting here for over a decade are getting inundated with kids who came here during the Trump era who think this is where you come to say the stuff you can't say on reddit.
>>
>>140334027

>pretends like he's an epic /b/ oldfag
>also tries to convince anyone this site hasn't been like this if not worse 12 years ago

/pol/ was created as containment for what 4chan as a whole was and is, this has never been reddit my guy
>>
>>140330686
basketball has larger contracts than football, but there are fewer to go around
>>
>Epik/b/oldfag seethe
Chuds can't handle that under conservative hierarchy they are second to people who are disgusted by who they are.
>>
>>140334134

You're the one crying about someone doing a heckin wacism, just ignore them faggot
>>
>>140334140
I'm not one to ignore that kind of stuff. It makes me sick to see it.
>>
>>140334154

Doesn't make you sick that whites are underrepresented in basketball by like 10x? Just stupid posts on a random internet forum? Lmao
>>
>Canada
>Located in North America
>Somehow does not identify as American

Fuck you. You are no better than the Mexicans
>>
>>140334177

It's a fairly different culture overall
>>
>>140334199
We pronounce about like Cow whereas they pronounce it like Boot.
Also they have Ketchup Chips all the time and those are only seasonal here.
>>
>>140334177
and yet you find us desirable
>>
>>140334434
my boy's just a lost /int/ poster
>>
>now there's no question the internationals would demolish them

according to the logic of people who never played...
>>
>>140333477
Is an ok topic to discuss from time to time, if it was irrelevant, this board wouldn't have flags.
>>
>>140334027
You have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
Jokic should be 4th year in a row mvp
>>
>>140333933
>Kobe
>>
>>140314819
maybe serbia might do it at the olympics
>>
>>140334343
>We pronounce about like Cow whereas they pronounce it like Boot.
no they don't you retard, they say "a boat"
>>
>>140313806
Lol Slavs live and breathe basketball. I know it’s funny to imagine the naturally gifted whybois btfo of the blacks who dedicate their loves to the sport, but despite appearances Luka and Jokic were probably coached more intensely from like 5 years old and bred to be basketball players.
>>
>>140334027
shut the fuck up, pussy
>>
>>140333477
I agree. Racial descriptions are more accurate. SGA is African.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.