[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: kanzi.jpg (129 KB, 720x562)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
Because he's maybe one of the most remarkable great apes in history and we should probably be trying to make more. If you don't know, Kanzi is a now 40 year old male bonobo that has the most advanced human speech recognition ever recorded. As in we can talk to him. And not in a fake made up Koko the gorilla sense, like he genuinely has a vocabulary of around 3000 English words. He's currently 40 and that's the average life expectancy for a great ape like him living in captivity, so I'm curious if anybody knows if someone saved his sperm or his dna or something because time is kind of running out. Also when you google the phrase "kanzi bonobo sperm" it really doesn't come back with helpful results.
>>
>>16165205
Just call the zoo and say you really want his sperm
>>
>>16165205
I googled that and I got
https://www.apeinitiative.org/advancing-veterinary-medicine
>At Ape Initiative, Kanzi and the other male bonobos are being trained to provide voluntary semen samples using an artificial swelling device that closely mimics a female bonobo’s external genitalia.
>>
>>16166426
I mean it sounds kind of gross except if you grew up on a farm or work as a dog breeder or something, in which case- yeah, that's how you have to do that. It is nice to hear that they're preserving it so they could potentially make more down the line, because based on everything I've read about him, he seems like he's genuinely a very one of a kind, once in a century kind of apes. The rest of the apes don't seem to grasp language at nearly the same level he does.
>>
>>16165205
Bro should have used his language to ask for some finasteride
>>
>>16166829
>>16166829
lmao looks like his linguistic abilities ere not enough to keep him from getting dabbed on by randos on a mongolian basket weaving forum

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.