[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_0875.jpg (638 KB, 828x2713)
638 KB
638 KB JPG
Do I seriously need to know all of the stuff mentioned in pic related in order to understand quantum field theory? Wtf that’s crazy if true…
>>
>>16164286
That would be the academic approach to learning a difficult topic, to learn every preceding topic first. If you're just learning it out of interest, self study or whatever, you can use a top down approach instead which is a lot faster because you only learn what you need rather than learning lots of fundamentals. Basically you just read through a page like this and every time you see something you don't understand you look up what it means until you understand it enough to continue
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_field_theory
Obviously you'd want to read some research papers too at some point, but Wikipedia might be a good place to start
>>
>>16164314
I can’t understanding anything there. I’m still reading Young&Freedman’s University Physics, I thought this + a Quantum Mechanics book like Griffith would be enough, but apparently “University Physics” is actually a high school book…
>>
>>16164286
When I opened your image I was expecting to see one of the usual autistic study guides that get posted on /sci/ but that looks very reasonable.
>>
File: 1704173184578.gif (71 KB, 384x400)
71 KB
71 KB GIF
>omg, my brain, it feels so big!!!
>its full of so much schizo kike jargon and fancy soiyence polysyllables
>oh no
>i can't hold it in any longer
>i'm…
>i'm gonna…
>i'm gonna QUANTUUUUUUUUMMMMMM!!!!!!
>>
>>16164286
No, an hour in wikipedia and a slightly above average attention span will paint a pretty good picture of what the theory entails
>>
>>16164403
You must be at least 18 to use this website
>>
>>16164700
I know more about physics than you, fucking poser, I bet you watch Carl Sagan and Neil Degrasse Tyson
>>
>>16164324
>I can’t understanding anything there
Exactly. So you just start from the start and read along and as soon as you see a word or phrase you don't understand you look it up. It's a much faster way of learning something. For example, this course about machine learning uses a top-down approach
https://course.fast.ai/
they teach you machine learning with the little bits of math you need to know as you go, as opposed to starting with mathematics textbooks and then working on machine learning afterwards. The reason is that when you use a bottom-up approach it's almost guaranteed you're going to be learning stuff you will never use, and it's not uncommon to end up learning a lot of stuff you're never going to use
>>
>>16164286
> tfw only need to learn GR and group theory and revise the rest
Get fucked OP, I'll understand QFT way before you do (which you likely never will lmao)
>>
>>16164286
>Gamma = n sigma v
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>16166179
Btw why DO you need GR for that? Isn't QFT only a superset of SR and QM?
>>
>>16166183
Uhh shut the fuck up
>>
>>16164314
My learning approach is generally hybrid, learn some high level abstracted things about the difficult topic, then learn the basic preceeding topics, then follow on with the advanced understanding of the topic I started with, might not be fast but it gives me a good insight into topics.
>>
>>16164764
you tell him nigger
>>
>>16167186
Ok? Nobody gives a fuck about you though, sorry you had to find out this way.
>>
>>16167173
No I don't think I will

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.