[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I eat 1550 calories per day, is this low enough for anti aging?
>>
>>16134492
If it makes your build skinny/slender around a stable weight, yes
>>
>>16134492
idk, what does the medical literature say?
>>
So it turns out the calorie restriction part isn't what extends lifespan.
It's the reduction of damaging foods.
when they tested it in rats they found simply improving the diet of the controls eliminated most of the difference
>>
>>16134492
10,000iu vitamin d3 every morning with milk so it absorbs perfectly, and 10mg of melatonin 1 hour before bed. Occasionally 100 micro grams of vitamin mk7 with a glass of milk once a day, for teeth and bones.

They both extend the lifespan of mitochondria, most people who die of old age die from a heart attack, due to the mitochondria within the heart no longer able to support the blood flow and oxygen flow, it just stops.
>>
https://altered-states.net/lmwo/lmwo.htm
>>
>>16134545
It's also safe to assume that avoiding metabolic syndrome is big for your overall health
>>
File: nihms493789f1.jpg (22 KB, 645x426)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>16134492
Max gains at 1/3 intake. Good luck having a functional life though.
>>
>>16134610
>Sage Publications
That's some high quality kek.
https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/0192623308329476
>>
>>16134626
>Although improved health and increased longevity are enormously attractive to most people, it seems unlikely that people would find the idea of reduced caloric intake sufficiently attractive to actually undertake the regimen.
>>
>>16134492
Caloric restriction only worked because it reduced iron intake.
>>
>>16134561
Western diet already provides too much calcium, so this is a bad idea.
>>
hear me out: carnivore diet
>>
>>16134492
Maybe, although I'd probably just do intermittent fasting and eat the same amount
>>
File: cia.jpg (88 KB, 658x645)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
Why weren't the Soviets fat?
>>
>>16134492
Youre gonna get old and youre gonna die OP, I know for a fact you are faggot who can't see past your ass but just accept it with some dignity.
>>
>>16135069
>Just accept death bro, that's dignity
Subhuman moment
>>
>>16134883
Define carnivore carefully. modern animal production can get quite divorced from what we might have evolved to consume.
>>
>>16135100
it can't be that fundamentally different
>>
tranny thread
>>
>>16134640
Calcium is not a problem.A lack of magnesium and potassium with excess sodium is a problem
>>
>>16135100
>modern animal production can get quite divorced from what we might have evolved to consume.
Protein and fat isn't magically different because it comes from a cow instead of a deer. The only real difference is that domestic animals are raised to be fat as fuck, so you can eat less of it and get the rest of your macros from plants.
>>
>>16135053
Imagine being able to afford 3500 calories a day. Average? Jesus Christ.

That's like 4+ double quarter pounders a day.

Boomers don't know how good they had it. I never ate like this. I would if I could afford it.
>>
>>16135078
Subhuman is fooling yourself it won't happen exactly like that.
>>
>>16135155
That's bullshit, we eat too much.
Mitochondria don't work because of the lack of nutrients (copper, arsenic, selenium, mercury, possibly more). Excess calcium can at best help by preventing iron overload, but it limits other nutrients too, and it's probably harmful on its own.
>>
>>16134492
Pretty sure Buddhist monks would only eat pine needles and seeds when they wanted to stop aging
>>
>>16135361
no, look at the insulin driving effects of bccs from grain diets or how depending on the diet fed lard can be 37% linoleic acid. or how lectins and oxalates can persist in meat
>>
>>16134492
>Calorie restriction for anti aging
Latest research shows that's it's not calories themselves, but specific nutrients that must be restricted, namely animal protein, which we did not evolve to eat as a staple, but as an occasional treat, as in eating a a bug here and there, not steaks and burgers. You can, for example, eat as many calories as you wish in the form of leafy greens, so go ahead, stuff yourself all day long, everyday.
Hunting and meat eating is a recent "hack" discovered by humans, and our bodies, forced to adapt to it, have as of yet not evolved much towards harmony with such a diet, that's why we keep dying from diseases brought upon us by modern diets. Let me put it this way: nomadic foraging peoples of Africa do not die of heart attacks, arteriosclerosis, or colon cancer.
>>
File: michael-pollan-advice.png (15 KB, 600x600)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
>>16134545
yes
>>
File: 1692907501616926.jpg (131 KB, 840x611)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>16135734
>leafy greens, so go ahead, stuff yourself all day long, everyday
we're not ruminants. even chimps eat most of their calories from fruit and not leafy greens.

>Hunting and meat eating is a recent "hack" discovered by humans
>1 million years is recent
>when we got off the trees 3 million years ago

>our bodies, forced to adapt to it, have as of yet not evolved much towards harmony with such a diet
except it did

>nomadic foraging peoples of Africa
they are literally hunter gatherers
>>
>>16135737
>Pollan
no
>mostly plants
no
>>
>>16135734
>which we did not evolve to eat as a staple, but as an occasional treat
This is complete bullshit, obviously. There were plenty of hunter/gatherer tribes that ate nothing but meat.
>>
>>16136047
Look at it positively the arch vegan is slowly opening up to the idea of meat consumption.
>>
>>16134610
1/3 intake? Do you consume 4500 calories every day?
>>
File: based onions.jpg (31 KB, 245x596)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>16135459
3500 calories of pic related costs less than $1.40.
>>
>>16134541
we need a medical literature expert.
someone should do a PhD in the history of medical literature
>>
>>16134492

Aim for fasting specifically and not just calorie restriction, the longer you fast the more you can heighten autophagic response. Eating less is generally better, but intermittent fasting with the occasional several day fast is what will allow your body to undo and repair cellular damage and clear out "junk".

Fast only with Water/Electrolyte, juice fasts don't count.
>>
Its ok anon, you will eventually, certainly die, no matter what you do
>>
>>16138169
Best way to consume electrolytes?
>>
>>16134610
To live 50 months I have to eat 40 calories per week? I've been alive for over 400 months and I eat way more than that.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.