[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: amzn1.png (2.85 MB, 1390x926)
2.85 MB
2.85 MB PNG
Have any of you robots ever worked at a Amazon warehouse? How bad is it? Am I going to make it?
>>
>>77258041
I don't have the thing
>>
>>77258041
no but I've worked traditional warehouses and I've heard that amazon ones are easier. less heavy lifting and better forklifts.
>>
>>77258041
I am sortation and I hate it because even though I'm 30 and everyone is my age they act like teenagers

If you are someone who can just shut up and do work and take care of things yourself without having to be specifically told to do every little thing you will be the star employee
>>
if you do take advantage of the amazon career choice program to get a bachelors degree from WGU so you can stop working in a shithouse. You get treated like an 80iq retard by managers at amazon and it's a shit garbage job
>>
>>77258041
I have but not on the floor. I was IT support. The physical toll can be rough if you're not prepared for it but the environment itself is usually fine. Many of the smaller buildings will play music (even though they're not supposed to) and they've tried to gamify a bunch of stuff so you're not literally just moving product around and doing nothing else all day. It also really depends on what job you actually end up doing and what kind of facility you go to.
>>
>>77258434
This is another important factor, the quality of managers at Amazon varies wildly. Some are total shit, the absolute worst, and some are actually really good managers, and there's a lot in between. It's a complete dice roll.
>>
>>77258041
I worked at an Amazon fresh facility during my whole university stay. Honestly it's pretty good if you just need a job that pays while you're doing your own thing.
Shifts for me were either 5 or 10 hours . So I'll do like 20-25 hours a week while school full time and it was easy . Just 2 days 10 hours and the rest of my week is free. Only thing that sucks cock is that it's 2 days of just being bored. You have no idea how brain dead retarded these jobs are. You're always being tracked and watched , you're replaceable and they don't give a fuck . Just do the bare minimum of not getting fired and it's easy
>>
>>77258041
You couldn't work at a more exploitative place if you tried.
>>
amazon warehouse is the ultimate wagie job, you will be miserable unfortunately. on the bright side you will actually make a bit of money unlike uber drivers
>>
>>77258041
I've been working there for the last 6 months. I hate it. I've worked worse jobs but Amazon is just so soul crushing. Most of the people that work here are morons so I can't even blame the managers for treating everyone like sped kids. Very easy to take advantage of their upt and pto, there's no other job that lets you leave with no questions asked as long as you've got the time.
>>
>>77258041
I've been at one for 5+ years. I guess it comes down to how much you hate yourself. The job isn't the worst thing, but I can only say that since I've trauma bonded with a bunch of coworkers.
>>
>>77260391
>5+ years
Made it to L3+ yet?
>>
File: Screenshot (201).png (109 KB, 531x578)
109 KB
109 KB PNG
if you need money and it's not like a side thing, I would recommend working at the USPS instead. You'll meet some very strange and retarded people and can have lots to post about because most of them are almost as fucked up as all of us. I'm a Marxist-Leninist and have befriended a lot of the boomer conservatives because we just spend all day talking shit about liberals and sleepy joe.

New hires who used to work at Amazon have asked things like, "if I clock in late from lunch will they dock my pay or send me home?" and "do they monitor your breaks and where you are in the building?" Bro at the USPS you can literally just walk off the job get high in your car, go home and fuck, then come back to work with mcdonald's and no one will even notice.
>>
>>77260430
>I'm a Marxist-Leninist
Do you actually expect anyone to take you seriously after you say this?
>>
>>77260399
Yeah. I keep getting asked to aim for 4 but they always look miserable
>>
>>77260566
AMs often are, but the higher you go the easier it is to get out of Ops.
Don't be an OM though. I'm pretty sure they only stop working when they sleep.
>>
>>77260127
Uber driver is not a real job

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.