[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/qst/ - Quests

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Size ×
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 001.png (157 KB, 600x513)
157 KB
157 KB PNG
THE BASICS

Your name is Joey Donuts.
You are Grel (half elf, half human}
You are a student wizard. You haven't picked your major and you're not licenced to use magic in areas owned by the Grand Ternion Unity.

You have SIX spells

Blast - Does 6d6+20 energy damage. -MP 20
Draw- Drain 10+2d6 mana from a target, providing they have mana -MP 5
Wrack - DO 10 damage to yourself to gain 12 MP -free
WIZARD HAAAANDS - Manipulate an object you can see but not reach. As strong as you are - MP 10
Douse - Extinguish any fire up to the size of a campfire , includes ignitions from matches and guns - MP 5
Hells Heart - Instantly double the damage of any attack (ranged, magical, or physical) by charging it with magic -MP 16 Joey has improved this skill and can cast it on another party member while still performing an action for 20 mana. He can also cast it on himself and one other person while performing another task for a cost of 41 mana.
Earths Honesty - Tell if someone is lying about the thing they have just said. MP 6

You are the acting CEO of Cold Iron Solutions potion company. Making mutterbottles and mana potions

You solve shit.

Your consigliere and number one is also your girlfriend. An enterprising goblin for hire called HIGHBALL.
You have a company staff.

LUMSDEN -Owner and pilot of your airship
SURREY - Potion brewer
JONES - Staff chef
GILCREST - Custodian
KARL - A private investigator

You have adventuring party members

BURSTOCK - An chill but rebellious healer. A thot with a big heart.
MIKE - A pragmatic hunter, kinder than he looks. Kind of your bro.
RICHTER - A wise muscle wizard, unfamiliar with people.
JORN - A distractible martial artist trying to make up for past crimes.

previous thread for more details:
https://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/2023/5563672/

This quest is nice and slow so don't panic.
Here is the wikia that is chock full of info on the characters, locations and mechanics (and misspellings).
https://trust-a-goblin.fandom.com/wiki/Trust_A_Goblin_Wiki
>>
Welcome back, CF! Looking forward to this.
>>
File: 002b.png (133 KB, 500x400)
133 KB
133 KB PNG
You wake up naturally after a good night's sleep.
The distant, soothing, idling of the engines let's you know that your ship The Silver Lining is not currently moving. Sometime while you were asleep you must have arrived near the town of SCADAM.

Given how it looked last time, you look forward to seeing it in a much better state.

[QM: It's been over a year since the last thread. Various issues. Not important! But we're back now! Feel free to take this as an ease in session, re familiarise yourself with the story. Have a chat. Nice and easy. Just glad to be back]
>>
File: 003.png (134 KB, 500x400)
134 KB
134 KB PNG
QM: Got so flustered with captchca i uploaded the wrong image. here we go.

You have the run of the ship.
>>
>>5995087
Todays plan is to buy enough blasting powder from Scadam to get the Old guard off our backs for good.

For now I suggest we take a quick shower and head to see Jones to grab some breakfast.
>>
We're back! Let's gooo!

>>5995099
I'll second. Maybe we can catch other breakfast goers.
>>
File: 004.png (115 KB, 500x400)
115 KB
115 KB PNG
>>5995099
JONES is waiting for you in the kitchen and gives you a good morning nod. It's eggs on toast today.

"Damndest thing with those green ones. They all walked in in a line today. All waved at the same time and all took the same amount of time to eat they're breakfast. All drank the same sorta coffee too. Something to do with their mission, right?"
>>
>>5995087
Have a shower, yes. But is there anywhere in Scadam that might serve a good breakfast? If there is, we might want to forgo eating right away to take a quick taste of the local flavour. Even Jones might appreciate not having to cook for once.
>>
>>5995118
We don't know the details on how things have changed, but there was a bar last time we visited. I think it'll still be running even after we drove the bandits out. After Scadam we had planned on grinding at the Crags, so honestly eating two breakfasts wouldn't be terrible.
>>5995115
"They've put their minds on it and we've had thorough planning. I imagine being in sync can only improve the odds even further. I'm not sure if it was something they agreed to do together or just comes naturally."
>>
>>5995115
Ask if Jones plans to visit Scadam himself?
>>
since when did this board become so dead?
>>
>>5995099
My memory's a little rusty, but were we planning a raid on their base to mop up after Mike/Highball/Karl blow the place?
>>5995248
/qst/ has always been slow, I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>5995342
>My memory's a little rusty, but were we planning a raid on their base to mop up after Mike/Highball/Karl blow the place?

That is what I recall too. I think we want to avoid leaving anyone alive to put two and two together that the shipment we deliver was spiked with explosives and report it further.
>>
File: 005.png (141 KB, 500x400)
141 KB
141 KB PNG
>>5995118
You have a single egg on rye toast. Means you're gonna be able to think straight. But you could definitely sample some local flavour before you feel stuffed.

>>5995126
>"They've put their minds on it and we've had thorough planning. I imagine being in sync can only improve the odds even further. I'm not sure if it was something they agreed to do together or just comes naturally."

Jones shrugs.
"orks and goblins are a little like that, I guess. Whatever works, you know?"

>>5995172
>Ask if Jones plans to visit Scadam himself?

"Nah, I'm alright. I gotta clean up, do some prep. Do some reading. Also, I take like 6 or 7 naps a day. I dunno if there's anything Scadam can offer a guy like me."

>>5995342
QM: On some level? I think you weren't gonna do it straight away as there will be too much chaos. I think the plan was to go over once the fires were out and see what you could loot. It runs the risk of some of them escaping in the panic, but between your crew and the size of the island I think that's inevitable. One way or another though, there position has been weakened and they will cut their losses and no try to mess with you for a decent amount of time. Theyre at least practical like that.

Richter enters, stretching. Jones gives her a glass off raw eggs, which she consumes.

"Good morning boy." she nods respectfully while wiping her mouth.

You can tell by her font colour that she is still a member of your party and will therefore travel with you.
>>
>>5995774
>I think you weren't gonna do it straight away as there will be too much chaos.
I don't... understand? They gotta go, and they might have stuff worth taking; why let them pick up and flee? Attacking during the chaos is ideal, means they'll have no chance for organized resistance.

>>5995372
>I think we want to avoid leaving anyone alive to put two and two together
I second the motion!
>>
>>5995820
I suppose it'll be risky for us too if we show when things are still popping off, since we could get caught in things.
While I'd love to avoid consequences of our actions, getting the OG off our back at least a while I'm perfectly fine with.
Either way, the op will be down to Mike, HB and Karl and I'm confident they'll come up with the best possible outcome.

>>5995774
Greet Richter. Ask if she has ever trained in such way with anyone that to be completely be in sync?
>>
>>5995774
Admire Richter's Physique. Even if you're more into shortstacks, Joey, you can't deny the impressiveness.

Then begin planning out an Op with what we know so far.
>>
File: 006.png (178 KB, 500x400)
178 KB
178 KB PNG
>>5995820
QM: Up to you.

>>5995873
Richter glances at you, with her familiar serene smile.

[red]"We take some getting used to, do we not?"[/red]

>>5995836
>Greet Richter. Ask if she has ever trained in such way with anyone that to be completely be in sync?

Richter shakes her head. She turns to face you properly.
[red]"It is not especially common among muscle wizards, though not completely unheard of either. I understand during the last great war there were whole squads of us who trained together ensuring all their attacks landed at once. 10 Building Kicks happening at once would have been quite a sight to behold."[/red]

She shifts her weight from one foot to another.
[red]"Even now, I have heard of those who form a bond with another that they may fight together. Usually, thought it is their differences they focus on. A sort of harmony where what one lacks the other makes up for. Their are no spells that use this concept but many schools of combat that do. One goes low while one goes high. One lifts, one drives - that sort of thing. A sort of tag team partner. Where your bodies are strong but your bond is stronger."[/red]
>>
QM: Also, I'm dog sitting for a friend. So I temporarily don't have the text formatting, sorry. It's just for a few days.
>>
>>5995916
Query 1: "Richter, how much of musclewizard stuff do you think is universally applicable? 'Cause obviously being a bare-handed ascetic powerhouse isn't everyone's ideal. But there's more than one kind of strength, and sometimes stuff you say seems, I don't know, broader in it's applicability."

Query 2: "Long as we're on the subject of your wisdom and it's applicability: I'm thinking of how I wanna follow up on Mike/Highball/Karl putting themselves in harms way to hit the OG. A quick follow-up raid to clean up while they're panicking, or would it be more responsible to wait for things to stop smoking?"

Benefits of Quick Strike:
>Might be able to catch fleeing OG
>Maybe better loot?
>Stamping out an OG branch is a good deed, right?

Benefits to Waiting for the smoke to clear:
>Less fighting
>Safer
>Less reinforcement to Joey's burgeoning bloodthirst?

>>5995919
Sucks that it's tied to IP ID rather than tripcode, but oh well.
>>
File: 007.png (176 KB, 500x400)
176 KB
176 KB PNG
>>5995933
>Richter, how much of musclewizard stuff do you think is universally applicable? 'Cause obviously being a bare-handed ascetic powerhouse isn't everyone's ideal. But there's more than one kind of strength, and sometimes stuff you say seems, I don't know, broader in it's applicability."

Richter folds her arms and thinks.
[red]"Much of what a muscle wizard understands about patience, restraint, harmony and strength can be learned - and IS learned through other, newer more convenient means. It matters not how one learns about such things. To learn - to travel - to seek is always worthy. Many again, achieve a measure of basic athletic prowess similar to our own at an academy or even a city gym or the comfort of their own house. Also a fine thing. A muscle wizards journey is its own thing. It makes us in some ways homogenus- but if we do not all understand what we learn then we do not learn it and, perhaps cannot be trusted with the powers we have. At the same time, though all strong and often of similar ideals, we all made our journey differently. Many muscle wizards are more outwardly delicate in appearance than myself. But their compact, corded muscles are still capable of what they need to be. One can be wise. One can be strong. A muscle wizard must be both."[/red]

She realises she said a lot.
[red]"I apologise. I don't always know if I'm making sense."[/red]

> "Long as we're on the subject of your wisdom and it's applicability: I'm thinking of how I wanna follow up on Mike/Highball/Karl putting themselves in harms way to hit the OG. A quick follow-up raid to clean up while they're panicking, or would it be more responsible to wait for things to stop smoking?"

Richter lowers her head. She is conflicted.
[red]" I am no strategist, boy. I seek challenge and also to cease the incursion of such people into these lands. Were I alone, or with others like me, I would not give it a second thought. But I am not. I do not say this to be disparaging. Even if the initial explosions and flames consume most of their number- three people cannot ensure there will be no survivors or escapees from their camp. One aspect of your plan is to drive the occupants of the mine; the Dwarves, the Wakefields and the Huni Tamog'i to the surface, yes? They will attack whoever is on the island at the time. That would include us."[/red]

Richter blushes. She clenches her fists.
[red]"Of course I want to fight. And if it is what you seek, I will follow you and be your arm. But I can guarantee no ones safety except my own if we do. And that does not sit well with me."[/red]

>a. I mean, we'll ALL be there, Richter. Not just 3 of us.
>b. We'll pummel the island with our fancy new cannonballs before we go in, that will weaken them properly.
>c. Thanks. I'll keep asking around.
>d. You're sounding kinda conceited there. Don't underestimate non-muscle wizards.
>e. [INSERT OWN]
>>
>>5995967
>c. Thanks. I'll keep asking around.
Can't harm to get a few more opinions. Probably something to raise with the consigliere especially.
>>
>>5995967
>>c. Thanks. I'll keep asking around.

Lets thank Jones for the breakfast and hit the lounge to see who else is around before we head to town.
>>
File: 008.png (717 KB, 1000x800)
717 KB
717 KB PNG
>>5995981
>>5995995
You thank Jones for breakfast and make your way to the lounge.
Burrstock is there, her eyes closed as she serenely sways to music coming from the autobard. She opens one eye and smiles and nods at you in greeting before continuing to dance.
>>
>>5996383
Return her greeting, but don't interrupt her just yet. Instead check out Barons Fortune for today and a gumball from the gumball machine.

I'd say after that circle behind the bar and offer to mix Burstock a drink to start day off if she'd like. We need to practice our mixology.
>>
>Of course I want to fight. And if it is what you seek, I will follow you and be your arm. But I can guarantee no ones safety except my own if we do. And that does not sit well with me.
If we do go with a raid, we'd need a means of rapid infiltration and exfiltration over water...

>>5996383
>"Morning Burstock. Out of curiosity, could you as a Rinkan carry me and Richter at the same time?"
>>
>>5996383
Are there any darts around here? If so, indulge in some 'Accuracy Practice'.
>>
File: 009.png (147 KB, 500x400)
147 KB
147 KB PNG
>>5996421
You check the Barons Fortune machine

"They ain't talked to you before, but you've met em already"

Huh.

You get a MINT gumball. This enhances your ice based attacks. Or it would if you had any.

You wait for Burstock to finish dancing and ask her if she's like something to drink. She wordlessly holds up a half empty bloody caeser with pickled beans and bacon in it.

>>5996482
>"Morning Burstock. Out of curiosity, could you as a Rinkan carry me and Richter at the same time?"

Burstock opens her eyes at last and regards you a moment.

"I think so. Rinkan are pretty strong. Two people riding one is not unheard of at all. It's more of an issue of sitting room. Too many people on one rinkan and they end up sitting too far back and get in the way of the wings. You're fairly slight but Riki is HUGE. So I'm not sure you'd fit properly regardless of the weight."

She takes one of the beans from the drink and sucks it up and crunches it.

"Why? Is that something you need to happen?"

>>5996879
QM: Roll me 3d60 please. First in.
>>
Rolled 17, 41, 59 = 117 (3d60)

>>5996954
Roll
>>
Rolled 10, 43, 24 = 77 (3d60)

>>5996956
QM: Given that the best score you can get with 3 darts is 180, Joey is getting better.

Especially that last shot
>>
>>5996954
Explain that we've given thought to a possible clean up action at the OG camp after the fireworks, but are not certain if the risks are worth the benefits. Having her help could reduce said risks, but its something Mike is also counting on for his team if they encounter trouble.
We'd like her thoughts on it.
>>
OMG! Welcome back Centrefield!
>>
>>5996954
>"They ain't talked to you before, but you've met em already"
Probably true, that blacksmith lady still had her tongue missing last time.

>"Why? Is that something you need to happen?"
"Probably not? I'm just trying to think out what the options are."
>>5997089
+1
>>
File: 010.png (145 KB, 500x400)
145 KB
145 KB PNG
>>5997594
>"Probably not? I'm just trying to think out what the options are."

Burstock finishes her drink and eats a strip of bacon from it.

"It's on the table, jefe. Doesn't bother me to transform and or have Riki sit on me."

>>5997089

>"I've given thought to a possible clean up action at the OG camp after the fireworks, but am not certain if the risks are worth the benefits."

Burstock sets her glass down and swallows. She cleans her teeth with her tongue thoughtfully.
"Well, I dunno. What do you reckon the benefits are?"

>" its something Mike is also counting on for his team if they encounter trouble."

Burstock does a few quick blinks and smiles warmly at you.
"That's why I was testing the potions, yes."
>>
>>5997944
>"Well, I dunno. What do you reckon the benefits are?"
"More dead OG, mainly. I was also thinking that getting in there before they can regroup or grab their stuff might mean better stuff left behind."
>>
File: 011.png (152 KB, 500x400)
152 KB
152 KB PNG
>>5997953
>"More dead OG, mainly."

Burstock does a dangerous stretch.
"Guess I can see that. Can't imagine we'd get ALL of them. There are 3 access points on the island they could escape from and we can only cover *one* really. Unless we split up during the battle."

Burstock glances down into the drink she is making.
"Which, for what it's worth, I would oppose."

> "I was also thinking that getting in there before they can regroup or grab their stuff might mean better stuff left behind."

Burstock looks up from her drink and raises her eyebrows.
"You mean like weapons? You're gonna wanna that past Mike, Highball and Karl, then. Cause I think part of their plan is to sabotage any big guns they have along with their fire fighting equiptment and boats so that between the fire and the angry wild life they get their shit ruined. If you just mean money...well that'll be the first thing the higher ups grab and run with probably."

Burstock shrugs.
"I feel what you're getting at but for what it's worth? In my experience? An explosion THAT size is gonna attract a lot of attention. By all accounts they'll just about hear it back in Joonda. We go to check it out - we might not be the only ones."

Burstock gestures to herself, smiling
"Just a thot."
>>
>>5997969
>Pic
"Dangit, I can't believe I forgot about the transmog thing. Figured 'there's only so many ways off an island'. Stupid."

>"I feel what you're getting at but for what it's worth? In my experience? An explosion THAT size is gonna attract a lot of attention. By all accounts they'll just about hear it back in Joonda. We go to check it out - we might not be the only ones."
"I still intend to go looting once the fires die. I guess I'll have to hold back on assuming that anyone I see is OG coming to pick up the pieces - I don't want to get in a fight with some curious sailor or vanguard. That makes me wonder though - why haven't the vanguards or military smashed the place up already? It didn't take THAT much effort to learn about it."
>>
>>5997969
On another subject: Will you be going ashore to check out Scadam? I'll probably hit the bar after acquiring the blasting powder, but it'll be interesting to see what has changed since we last visited.
>>
File: 012.png (153 KB, 500x400)
153 KB
153 KB PNG
>>5997986
>"Dangit, I can't believe I forgot about the transmog thing. Figured 'there's only so many ways off an island'. Stupid."

Burstock pauses mid drink mixing and strokes your hair a little.
"Nah. Just got a lot to think about."

>"I still intend to go looting once the fires die. I guess I'll have to hold back on assuming that anyone I see is OG coming to pick up the pieces - I don't want to get in a fight with some curious sailor or vanguard."

Burstock goes back to her drink
"Don't think we'll get either of those. But the local soldier bastion and the factotum college will most likely send a detachment. If there is some ongoing sign of threats to nature or provable outstanding bounties then they'll get the Vanguards involved maybe. The explosion's only gonna be damaging condemned and abandoned buildings, so they won't really care about that."

>"That makes me wonder though - why haven't the vanguards or military smashed the place up already? It didn't take THAT much effort to learn about it."
She takes a test sip then adds more clamato juice.
"On what grounds? I know WE know but that's cause this group of OG is directly involved with us and we've looked into them - been bothered by them. To everyone else they're just a group of people camping on a shitty island. Some tents. Some weapons. Out here in the mahala that's not really grounds to attack someone. The Vanguards go there they'll just get hand wringing, locked chests - no probable cause. You've seen for yourself the OG tend to be almost obsequiously polite. They pride themselves on being reasonable and not throwing the first punch."

Burstock rolls her eyes and begins her second caeser.
"Which, obviously they often do and fully intend to keep doing but whatever. I know it makes little sense. Believe me, a lot of how things are done by societal standards make no sense to me either. That's why I'm out here despite my profession."

>"On another subject: Will you be going ashore to check out Scadam? I'll probably hit the bar after acquiring the blasting powder, but it'll be interesting to see what has changed since we last visited."

Burstock finishes her drink
"Gotta be an improvement, right? I definitely have to check it out. Jorn tells me she basically handed over a wad of cash to that big soldier guy in Dunnlivin and told him to build a town as he saw fit. I know nothing about him except he seems open minded and compassionate. That's a good start."
>>
>>5998103
Time to bring the team together and set out, I guess?
>>
>>5998113
Sounds good to me.
I think we can keep Richter and Jorn as party members.
>>
>>5998113
+1
>>
>>5998103
>Burstock pauses mid drink mixing and strokes your hair a little.
Dangit, now there's bacon grease in our hair. Thanks, Burstock.

>>5998120
+1
>>
File: 013.png (125 KB, 500x400)
125 KB
125 KB PNG
>>5998113
>>5998120
>>5998422
>>5998670

You say farewell to Burstock and head above deck. Jorn and Richter are talking while practicing chi sau at low speed.

Richter sees you and gestures with her chin over Jorn's shoulder. Jorn pivots to face toy and has to stamp her foot down as a brake to make sure she doesn't do a full 360 spin.

"Mornin' Skip! We buying enough black powder to wake the Rampart today or what?"

=Free talk=
>>
File: 014.png (109 KB, 500x500)
109 KB
109 KB PNG
Jorn hands you a rough looking blueprint map of Scadam.

"Little mans gave me this. Apparently one of his skvader grabbed it for us."

You now have [SCADAM MAP-POOR]
>>
>>5999282
Nod to the pair. Ask if they were discussing possible reactions locals might have to us.

"Should we announce our arrival to anyone since we are here to do business? Report to the mayors office?"

>>5999311
Looking at this this map Scadam is going to give Kretch a run for its money. Any place that would particularly interest either Jorn or Richter to visit after we pick up the powder?
>>
File: 015.png (156 KB, 500x400)
156 KB
156 KB PNG
>>5999356
>" Ask if they were discussing possible reactions locals might have to us."

Richter puts her hands on her hips
" Just Jorn, really. I don't imagine any of the rest of us will face any real scrutiny, except perhaps the goblins from some people."

"I did fuck up. Leave us say."

>"Should we announce our arrival to anyone since we are here to do business? Report to the mayors office?"

"We don't have to, but we can. Supposedly the town is gonna be like 30% trained guards now. So if we don't announce ourselves formally we won't be suddenly thought of as some sort of risk. If nothing else, I gave Jim a good budget."

>Any place that would particularly interest either Jorn or Richter to visit after we pick up the powder?

" I got business at the powder shop myself, after that I"m easy."

There is sound like the boards of the ship creaking which is soon revealed as Jorns stomach growling. She lowers her head.

"I am also still hungry. Breakfast didn't make it, sorry."

"I am happy to explore."
>>
>>5999758
We ate light, so we can hit the Chow shop for some grub to start with. I don't think anyone will mind.
>>
>>5999758
Unless Jorn wants to take care of things at the powder shop first, we can do what >>5999761 suggested.
>>
>>5999761
>>5999821
+1
I am also curious about what they have at the smoke shop.
>>
File: 016.png (197 KB, 500x400)
197 KB
197 KB PNG
>>5999761
>>5999821
>>5999869
Seeing as there's no real rush, you decide to grab second breakfast. The gates to the city are unguarded but there are people milling around, as you make your way to the chow stall, a ceiling tile smacks into Jorn's head, thrown by an unseen detractor. She winces, but nods and keeps walking.

The town looks pretty nice! Clean, and quite populated.

You arrive at a place perplexingly named "Odun's Uden and Odon" It smells fantastic!

Jorn immediately orders prawn laksa and a glass of milk. Richter asks for pork belly ramen and oolong tea.

"Comin' right up!"
>>
>>6000198
>Hiya, Karl. Watcha talking about?
>Order what Richter's having.
>>
File: 017.png (161 KB, 500x400)
161 KB
161 KB PNG
>>6000201
>Hiya, Karl. Watcha talking about?

Karl taps out a cigarette from a flip top box
"Ah nothin'. Just bringing this guy up to speed with a goblin appetite. It's bigger than you think."

Odun leans over his stall between tossing noodles

"I serve em all a time, buddy! Every day! But aint none of them eating 4 baozi AND a large ramen."

"If I can't finish then I'll have chow for later, c'mon!"
Karl places his money on the counter

"Hey, you're the boss."

>Order what Richter's having.

"Sure thing, chief!"

Jorn, refusing to pause mid noodle slurp puts some folding money on the counter.

Sure enough, Karl pockets one of the pork buns

>a. How goes the training, Karl?
>b. Did that guy just say he serves goblins everyday?
>c. Any chance you guys could loot the place while you're rigging it to blow?
>d. Would your [SUMMON] fight for us if we went to the island after the explosion
>e. [INSERT OWN]
>>
>>6000214
>>a. How goes the training, Karl?
>>e. Mike and Highball also in town?
>>
>>6000214
>c. Any chance you guys could loot the place while you're rigging it to blow?
>>e. Mike and Highball also in town?
>>
File: 018.png (166 KB, 500x400)
166 KB
166 KB PNG
>>6000222
>"How goes the training, Karl?"

"It's fairly intense. We've managed to make sure we have signal's and maneuvers for *most* things that could happen. We all have really good hearing so we've figured out a form of signaling that each other can hear but no one else is likely to."

Karl parts his lips a few times. You hear nothing.

"That means '2.Left. Guns'"

Karl checks the chamber of his revolver.

"Shenandoah's got everything planned out. What order. Who carries what. Most contingencies for most impediments, I would say. He almost comes across like he's been to an academy. All things going correctly, none of us will have to even draw our weapons. That said, I'm still gonna buy some fancy bullets. Better to have and not need."

Karl spins the chamber and swings it shut.

Jorn orders a milk tea.
Richter orders some tofu.

>"Mike and Highball also in town?"

Karl nods taking a long draw on his cigarette, smoke billowing from his face like a snuffed jackolantern when he talks.

"Yes, they are. Shenandoah is probably filling up his pouches at the dispensary after checking out the stables. Nepermuk said she'd heard one of the businesses was goblin-owned so she was gonna check it out."

Karl taps some ash

"Ten to one says it's the gambling den and bordello"

Jorn leans back on her stool so she can see Karl properly
"HA! Nice one!"

Karl relises what he said
"AH, dang it! It's just a turn of phrase."
>>
File: 019.png (165 KB, 500x400)
165 KB
165 KB PNG
>>6000237
>"Any chance you guys could loot the place while you're rigging it to blow?"

Karl's brow furrows

"What'd you have in mind? It's not really factored into our maneuvers at the moment so it *might* throw us off balance. I dunno. If you want us to grab some folding money or potions that's probably fine but I think Shenandoah's gonna be kinda worried about an addition like that. Nepermuk too maybe."

Karl shrugs

"I mean.. we could try?"
>>
>>6000254
"I'll have to think about it. If there are concerns, then I have to address them before signing off on something like that. Talk to Mike and HB as well."

Another thought occurs though:
Could OG hold prisoners or hostages in their camp? Could that be a complicating factor?
>>
>>6000214
>b. Did that guy just say he serves goblins everyday?
Is there a den nearby? Seems like there's a lot of local goblins.
>>6000250
>Jorn leans back on her stool so she can see Karl properly "HA! Nice one!"
I don't get it.
>>6000254
"I'd leave it to your collective discretion. Don't be shy, but stay safe."
>>
>>6000510
>Is there a den nearby? Seems like there's a lot of local goblins.
That might have to do with the aforementioned goblin-owned businesses.
>>
>>6000704
Wouldn't explain the ones moseying around in the forest and outside Scadam that don't speak Ternion, though.
>>
File: 020.png (188 KB, 500x400)
188 KB
188 KB PNG
>>6000278
>"I'll have to think about it. If there are concerns, then I have to address them before signing off on something like that. Talk to Mike and HB as well."

Karl nods.
>"Did that guy just say he serves goblins everyday?
Is there a den nearby? Seems like there's a lot of local goblins."

Karl takes another drag and nods, moving his cigarette to the other side of his mouth.
"I've seen 2 or 3 since I got here. They seem to be a form of hired security for this town. They got ternion security and goblin security. Covering all bases, I guess. Most likely, they got a deal on the security in exchange for letting the goblins set up a business here. Smart. probably safe."

He rocks on his heals
"Straight dope is both Den Tanqueray and Den Ouzo are around these parts. Two very different dens for sure. Not on the map, obviously."

Karl stubs out his smoke on his shoe. Odun holds out an ashtray for him, which he nods in thanks and uses.

"That's why we got some that are running private security and others that are throwing bombs and accepting honking boobs as a form of payment."

Jorn put her hands on her knees and blushes into her empty bowl.

>"I don't get it."

Richter leans over to you.
"I was unsure at first. I believe Jorn found it funny that, in making a sarcastic or at least cynical remark about goblin's affinity for gambling, Mr Nagakura used a turn of phrase that is ALSO associated with gambling, with him also being a goblin."

Jorn perks up and nods
"Yeah, that."
>>
>>6000971
>"Most likely, they got a deal on the security in exchange for letting the goblins set up a business here. Smart. probably safe."
Like, a legit deal, or a "protection" kind of deal?

>"Straight dope is both Den Tanqueray and Den Ouzo are around these parts. Two very different dens for sure. Not on the map, obviously."
>"That's why we got some that are running private security and others that are throwing bombs and accepting honking boobs as a form of payment."
So which one's which?
>>
File: 021.png (165 KB, 500x400)
165 KB
165 KB PNG
>>6000982
>"Like, a legit deal, or a "protection" kind of deal?"

Karl puts his hands in his pockets.
"Legit."
Jorn looks confused
"As in legitimate."
Jorn nods.

"Den Tanqueray is a weird sort of contrast. Such a large of their businesses is the wettest of wetworks but they're not duplicitous. They're all about contracts and reputation. Straight shooters so to speak. Supposedly even their Sheba - their leader still goes on missions and regularly leaves the den. Not the strangest thing I heard."

>"So which one's which?"

Karl does a small smile
"Sorry. I should have said. Den Tanqueray is most likely the one providing protection here. The goblins I saw were in body suits and had a serious kind of look to them. Didn't pal around with me or talk or anything. Focused on their work."

Karl checks his watch
"Den Ouzo, I know far less about. Doesn't really have the reputation. They're more like your classic squad of bandits. Cutting purses and blowing safes in a way that burns the money. Odds are they live in underground tunnels. Dens like that are smaller, but prevalent. Makes up a lot of the perceptions of wild goblins."
>>
>>6001057
>Good to know. Do you think the two dens could be pitted against each other?
>>
>>6001057
>Such a large of their businesses is the wettest of wetworks but they're not duplicitous. They're all about contracts and reputation. Straight shooters so to speak.
"Sounds like them and that Mercenary outfit - whatchamacallit, Righty-Ho Rifles - could hit it off. Violence without malice, blood for gold, and all that."

"Outta curiosity, should I always assume a goblin knows Ternion? The randos out there - I'm guessing from Ozo - they didn't speak it, but I still got the impression they were listening."
>>
File: 022.png (166 KB, 500x400)
166 KB
166 KB PNG
>>6001058
>">Good to know. Do you think the two dens could be pitted against each other?"

Karl frowns in brief contemplation
"I'm sure if someone's clever enough, they could make it happen but it'd have to be SOME set up. Ouzo hive probably hasn't got the guts and Tanqueray would consider any kind of large conflict with another den unlikely to be worth the risk to profit ratio."

Karl pops a breathmint and clacks it around his teeth.
"Goblin organised crime isn't so different from your own, Mr Donuts. Gang War might be common place in the lurid paperbacks and stage plays but the fact is: it's bad for business. Even my den understood that and they lacked the pretentions of respectability that Den Tanqueray has."

>"Sounds like them and that Mercenary outfit - whatchamacallit, Righty-Ho Rifles - could hit it off. Violence without malice, blood for gold, and all that."

Karl nods.
"I'm sure many an enterprising dust-out has thought just that. A skilled enough goblin with the right mindset could make a lot of money like that. Takes an odd sort, though."

>""Outta curiosity, should I always assume a goblin knows Ternion? The randos out there - I'm guessing from Ozo - they didn't speak it, but I still got the impression they were listening."

Karl crunches the mint.
"Fact is, modern ternion is the global language. To not speak it limits trade, limits business. Speaking it and speaking it well is not just a sign of potential but kind of a mark of being cool among goblins. Even those that can't speak it well -or at all- probably still studied it when they were younger. Most goblins will probably understand you if you speak ternion, yeah."
>>
>>6001115
Thank Karl for the explanation. It's all been good stuff to be aware of.
Ask Odun what he thinks of Scadam while we polish off our order. Was he here during the bandit troubles or a recent settler?
>>
File: 023.png (126 KB, 500x400)
126 KB
126 KB PNG
>>6001183
>Thank Karl for the explanation. It's all been good stuff to be aware of.

Karl checks his watch again and wanders off down the street he waves goodbye with his back to you.

"No problem. Stay outta trouble."

>Ask Odun what he thinks of Scadam while we polish off our order. Was he here during the bandit troubles or a recent settler?

"Hey, it's alright, ya know. Been here better part of 15 years. Good times and bad but I'm determined to stick around. Closest I came to leaving was when Anderson became mayor. Brought in a bunch of his slimy friends to take over the businesses. But got and iron clad lease on this shop, see? Owing to Brandt."

Odin collects up the bowls and gazes at the sky wistfully.

"Now there was a guy. I hope ya know, me and a lot of other older timers here are only letting you set foot here 'cause we still remember what your husband -Govian watch over him- did for us. So we're trying to overlook how outta line YOU were."

Odin is very pointedly looking at Jorn, who hold eye contact and nods.

Odin shrugs and cleans some plates.

"That and you seem to now be travelling with some good folks and trying to do better. But don't think we'll forget."

Odin gestures with a set of cooking chopsticks and Jorn nods again.

There is an awkward silence for a spell.

Odin looks at Jorn again.

"You lose weight?"

"Gained actually. It's just sitting differently. Kinda sorta turned my life around. Trying to be MLG."

Odin gives her a puzzled look then gives you all an after dinner mint.

"Just keep her on the right path you two. She got a temper."
>>
>>6001238
"Glad to see things working out. How's the new guy in charge?"
They probably have everything covered here for now, but still ask if there is any work to be had in town?
>>
File: 024.png (123 KB, 500x400)
123 KB
123 KB PNG
>>6001297
>"Glad to see things working out. How's the new guy in charge?

Odin washes some bowls
"Walker? He seems like a good egg. I wasn't sure what to think seeing a soldier get put in place as the new mayor at first. And the fact that he had Mrs Tauloppo's endorsement didn't mean a brass razoo to me at that point as you can imagine."

Odin finally treats himself to a small drink
"I got a little nervous when he seemed so focused on security. I was like 'what are we getting martial law now?' but it's honestly pretty unobtrusive and after last time I guess he's just being careful, yeah? A lot of this town is based on the sort of things he and other soldiers missed when they were off dealing with incursions from the south or chasing bounties or doing guard duty on the road."

Odin finishes his drink and smacks his lips appreciatively.
"Hearty grub, fresh produce a few herbs to take the edge off and yeah - a little vice. Doing it in a well organized town and out in the open makes it easier to monitor and keep clean and fair and I'm pretty sure it will bring people here. Walker's only real insistence besides the security was on the massive stables on the east side of town. He's fond of animals, especially Buyfugllian. Turns out that's good for the town too, though." We got 30 head of horses being driven out to Zakub this afternoon. Rumor is we got business as far as Joonda already."

Odin wipes the spotless counter in front of you
"So, yeah. We've had worse."

They probably have everything covered here for now, but still ask if there is any work to be had in town?

Odin thinks and folds his arms
"Hmmm. Same bounties as everywhere else are posted up in the Bar/Bakery. Nothing official, though. If that ship out there is yours maybe someone could use some conveyance but that's all I can think of."

Odin clears his throat.
>>
>>6001674
>>pic
"Yeah. That makes sense."

If Richter and Jorn are ready, we can move on to buying the blasting powder. Thank Odin and pay for the food before heading out.
>>
>>6001674
Sounds like Jim has things pretty well covered, which is good.

>>6001685
+1, I think we're good to move on.
>>
File: 025.png (138 KB, 500x400)
138 KB
138 KB PNG
>>6001685
>Thank Odin and pay for the food before heading out.

Jorn paid for it earlier.

A line of eager customers takes your seats as you get up and move on.

You go in to "Bang for your Buck"
Stukka looks up from her work and regards your party pretty neutrally. She goes back to her work.

You admit she wasn't that chatty last time, either. Even once she got her tongue back.

>a. Jorn, something you want to say?
>b. I need a lot of black powder.
>c. Got and special ammo?
>d. I like your hair.
>e. You stuck around! neat!
>f. [INSERT OWN]
>>
>>6001790
"How much for explosives, per barrel?"
>>
>>6001790
>d. I like your hair.
>e. You stuck around! neat!
>>
File: 026.png (135 KB, 500x400)
135 KB
135 KB PNG
>>6001818
> "I like your hair."

Stukka doesn't look up.
"No discounts."

>"You stuck around! neat!"
Stukka shrugs.

>>6001812
>"How much for explosives, per barrel?"

"Depends on which one you're buying."

Jorn approaches the counter and unfolds a large piece of paper.
>>
>>6001909
Nitro-silica is probably old-school dynamite, tri-nitro TNT, I'm guessing.
"So how much for each? By weight, or unit."
>>
>>6001909
>"No discounts."
Didn't ask for one. Wasn't gonna, either.
>"Depends on which one you're buying."
Could we ask for a rundown on the last two? Not sure which is the best for our needs. I suppose we could just ask the team, but I'd like to know.
>>
File: 027.png (132 KB, 500x400)
132 KB
132 KB PNG
>>6001920
>"So how much for each? By weight, or unit."

Stukka continues making cartridges.
" 10 20 and 30 per scoop. 100, 200 and 300 per barrel. Barrel hold maybe 15 scoops, so the barrel is best value. One size."

>Didn't ask for one. Wasn't gonna, either.
Stukka makes a non-committal 'mm' sound.

>Could we ask for a rundown on the last two? Not sure which is the best for our needs.
Stukka irritably sets down her calipers and finally looks up.
"Nitro silica explodes bigger and better but is much less stable. Shock sensitive. Tri-nitro is a little weaker but-"

Stukka very suddenly throws a large chunk of metal at a nearby barrel.

Richter wraps her arms around Jorn and (sort of) you and put herself between you and the barrel.

Nothing happens.

Stukka does a small snort through her nose.
"Needs a booster to go boom. Also works underwater. Don't touch it too much though. Bad for you like smoking."

Richter releases you both.

Jorn unwraps her crumpled note and does a little 'ahem-hem'

"Ms Kilkeel. I am not here to apologise. To do so, so simply would be an insult to the indignity and harm that this town, and especially you particularly endured. While I did not weild the hammer or the knife that was so callously set upon you, by my inaction and limited protest I am no less guilty. I come here not to apologise. To apologise is to in any way suggest under social norms that forgiveness is in any way forth coming. That it is part of the deal. It can not be. I am here only to say that I will never forget what was done to you. I will forever be in your debt and to this town. If there is anything you need, I hope you would do me the honor of allowing me to help you."

Jorn folds up her note.

Stukka nods
"Sure."
>>
File: 028.png (131 KB, 500x400)
131 KB
131 KB PNG
Jorn places a wad of paper money roughly the size and density of an artillery shell on the counter.

Stukka stares at it, astounded.

"I mean, sure. We good."
>>
>>6002019
>Richter wraps her arms around Jorn and (sort of) you and put herself between you and the barrel.
She's just the best. Suppose you've gotta have a big heart when you're her size, but she takes it to another level.

Check our wallet, want to make sure we have enough cash on hand.
>>
>>6002056
>>6002057 (you)

Okay, never mind.

Let me think, a barrel is what, 250 pounds, roughly? So one ton is 8 barrels, so... yeah, I dunno. Just get as many barrels of dynamite as that wad'll get us.
>>
File: 029.png (132 KB, 500x400)
132 KB
132 KB PNG
>>6002058
Stukka turns to Jorn looking slightly irritated.

"Wait was that payment or just you saying sorry?"

Jorn looks between you and Stukka trying to read your expressions and failing miserably.

"I'm....sorry...?"
she eventually manages.

Stukka's expression brightens.
"Right then."

Stukka turns back to you.
"My barrels are small. About 10 kilo. High quality product."
>>
>>6002058
>>Highball thinks for a moment
>>"We bundle up the explosives in places throughout the cave. Some under the tower, some under the town. Then leave a biiig thick line of mogspit from the explosives to the mine entrance."

I would grab some barrel or two of Tri-Nitro just in case there are damp sections in the cave.
>>
>>6002065
Whatever happened to "no discounts"?

>>6002069
Dynamite should still go off if it's wet, I think? It's mostly nitroglycerin, just phlegmaticized with sand.
>>
>>6002069
>>6002076
We could ask Stukka what she'd recommend for our purpose. No need to bring her in on the plan, but just what conditions we are working in.
>>
File: 030.png (137 KB, 500x400)
137 KB
137 KB PNG
>>6002069
>I would grab some barrel or two of Tri-Nitro just in case there are damp sections in the cave.

Stukka seems a little more engaged.
"No, unless your literally placing it under water, I wouldn't worry."

>Whatever happened to "no discounts"?
Stukka blinks
"Same. There will be none. That generous donation may allow me to expand my catalogue, but that comes later."

>We could ask Stukka what she'd recommend for our purpose. No need to bring her in on the plan, but just what conditions we are working in.

Stukka gives the faintest smile
"Oh. Well. I would get 10 barrels of nitro-sil. That would probably do it."

Jorn picks up one of the tri nitro barrels and gives it a quick throw in the air and catches it.
"This is 15 kilos."

Stukka shrugs
"Definitely then."
>>
>>6002170
Nitro-sil would give better bang for buck, but it has more risks to it. Maybe we should seek out Mike and HB and ask what they think?
>>
>>6002170
>>6002218
Right. Let's ask what ammo kind of ammunition does she have on sale? Might as well see what else we want.
>>
File: 031.png (138 KB, 500x400)
138 KB
138 KB PNG
>>6002239
>Right. Let's ask what ammo kind of ammunition does she have on sale? Might as well see what else we want.

Stukka goes back to her work
"Got regular bullets for your big iron at 85 for a dozen. Dwarfstoppers for 70 each. Troll stoppers for 120 each.

>>6002218
>Nitro-sil would give better bang for buck, but it has more risks to it. Maybe we should seek out Mike and HB and ask what they think?

Stukka sighs
"Alright. Let me know when you're gonna buy something."
>>
>>6002349
>>pic
We could look in to it. These Goblins in town?
>>
>>6002218
They're working with dynamite anyways, may as well.
>>6002349
I'd like to buy the recommended 10 barrels of nitro-sil.
>>
File: 032.png (136 KB, 500x400)
136 KB
136 KB PNG
>>6002797
>They're working with dynamite anyways, may as well.

QM: this is true. Between what you found and what you bought already, you're already carrying a lot. Fortunately, because the two of the operatives are goblins, you'll be within the jolly boats capacity (just).
I want to let you know that, at this stage you've done everything correct from choosing a good leader to letting them train to buying them supplies. There will only be a dice roll if you ask them to loot something large, and even then the odds are in your favor. The only risk in buying dynamite is if you intend to - while still carrying it all- engage it ship combat. One good hit below deck would essentially powderise your ship. That aside, you're on the right path. I will try not to interject often, just thought I'd put your mind at ease. Back to the action.

>>6002797
>I'd like to buy the recommended 10 barrels of nitro-sil.

This would still leave you with 1205 gold, which ain't terrible. If two other people agree, then you got a purchase. It will go straight to your ship.

>>6002372

>"We could look in to it. These Goblins in town?"

Stukka shrugs.
"Beats me. The ones patrolling the place with the headbands and the sidearms aren't really chatty and they're not supposed to be. The one who was talking to me about reverse engineering factotum tech was one who was overseeing the construction of this city. Apparently, they were pretty high up in the den so I dunno if she's here. You'll know her when you see her."

Stukka mimes like shes carrying two basketballs under her chin.

"Same as the others, didn't get her real name."
>>
>>6002936
>This would still leave you with 1205 gold, which ain't terrible. If two other people agree, then you got a purchase. It will go straight to your ship.

Sounds good to me.
>>
>>6002936
>If two other people agree, then you got a purchase.

Alright, let's go for it.
>>
File: 033.png (166 KB, 500x400)
166 KB
166 KB PNG
>>6002797
>>6002966
>>6003083
You purchase 150kg of nitro sil, leaving you with 1205 gold.

Stukka seems genuinely impressed.
"Man, what do you guys do for a living?"

Jorn seems to get this.
"Oh, I'm a prudemagus."

Stukka nods and does a tiny smile.
"nerd."

Stukka rings a bell.
"It'll be on your vessel when you leave."

As you leave the shop you see two armed humans on the way to the shop. They seem to be town guards. A goblin hops off a nearby perch and scampers off also. Scadam looks good compared to last time.
>>
>>6003100
I hear thunder, but there's no rain~ this kind of thunder, break walls and window pane...

Is Jorn's cat still sitting pretty on the well, or did she collect it already?
>>
File: napn.png (65 KB, 500x400)
65 KB
65 KB PNG
>>6003109

>Is Jorn's cat still sitting pretty on the well, or did she collect it already?

Lettuce is safely aboard the ship.
>>
>>6003117
Aww.

>>6003100
>Head to the gambling den, meet up with Highball
>>
>>6003100
Seconding >>6003121
>>
File: 034.png (172 KB, 500x400)
172 KB
172 KB PNG
>>6003121
You go across town to the gambling den which seems to be named "BOUNDER'S!" It is windowless but quite well lit, with a flash sign.

Inside, a goblin in a boater and a candystriped happi coat sits at a high desk, supposedly to make conversation easier. They enthusiastically great your party.
>>
>>6003145
>Pic
Afraid I don't grok your dialect. Care to dumb it down for me?
>>
>>6003145
Do we buy chips, or do we bet cash directly?
>>
File: 035.png (172 KB, 500x400)
172 KB
172 KB PNG
>>6003151
The goblin clears their throat then gives their spiel again with no less enthusiasm.

>>6003153
>"Do we buy chips, or do we bet cash directly?"

The goblin sits their hat square and beam proudly
"Cash, good sir, cash. No exchange or moody credit here. It is what it is. Straight shooting. Straight dope. If fortune frowns too often it is not your day we send a little back. Bad business to fleece you know? Leave two to rub together for next time, yes? Yes. All bets are made against the house. One at a time yes? No pushing. Cards are done at a D13. Jack 11 Queen 12 King 13, Savvy savvy? No rough stuff. A little chat during rolling dice or a roll in the hay is fine but info is info and that's gravy on top, yes? Yes."

>a. I'm looking for a goblin. About yay high? White hair? Bangs.
>b. I was told Den Tanqueray was more sort of mercenary...you don't really fit the bill.
>c. Do you run the gambling?
>d. Is there like...a list of the sex workers or is that a gamble too. Not looking. Just asking.
>e. I'm looking for info on Den Tanqueray.
>f. Pretty slick you guys getting a foothold in a new town.
>g. [INSERT OWN]
>>
>>6003160
>>c. Do you run the gambling?
>>g. Can bets be made in things other than cash? Valuables, jewerly, services or a winning smile?
>>
>>6003160
>>a. I'm looking for a goblin. About yay high? White hair? Bangs.
>>
>>6003160
>c. Do you run the gambling?
>g. [INSERT OWN]
"Is no rough stuff an instruction for the gamblers, or the johns, or both?"
>>
File: 036.png (173 KB, 500x400)
173 KB
173 KB PNG
>>6003168
>" I'm looking for a goblin. About yay high? White hair? Bangs."

The goblin adjusts their collar.
"Fine taste sir. Fine taste. Man of the world, yes? Yes. Sadly none of our current available staff match your needs and we don't do custom jobs -yet! Only 5 choices at this stage, sir."

>>6003166
>Do you run the gambling?

They smile and hold up their hands
"No sir. Just a barker and gallop for those who seeks such things. Gambling is in the back run by one of our less clumsy associates. She handles both games."

>"Can bets be made in things other than cash? Valuables, jewerly, services or a winning smile?"

The goblin pushes their hat back
"You flatter us with your confidence in our range of business acumen, sir! No appraisers we! Please exchange your valuables before using them here."
>>
>>6003184
"Thanks for the info. We'll check your gambling premises then."
>>
File: 037.png (177 KB, 500x400)
177 KB
177 KB PNG
>>6003242
>"Thanks for the info. We'll check your gambling premises then."

The goblin pulls a small leaver on their desk and loud *click* is heard behind them from a large door.

"Right on through, sir. May luck smile upon you!"

Through the door is a moodily lit, sweet smelling room. A goblin kneels before a playing mat and pours herself a steaming drink from a small teapot and sips it appreciatively.

She slowly looks up at you and does a small nod in greeting.

"Thank you for joining me."

Jorn can be heard quietly
"wawaWEEwa.."

>a. [sit down]
>b. I'm here to play some dice.
>c. I'm here to play cards
>d. Wait..are you available for..? Nevermind.
>e. You're from Den Tanqueray right? I have questions.
>f. I'm after info
>g. Did another goblin come through here? White hair? Bangs? Lotta knives on her?
>h. Why are you called the Wildrider?
>i. [INSERT OWN]
>>
>>6003299
>>a. [sit down]
>>b. I'm here to play some dice.
>>g. Did another goblin come through here? White hair? Bangs? Lotta knives on her?
>>
File: 038.png (185 KB, 500x400)
185 KB
185 KB PNG
>>6003407
You sit down. Jorn and Richter do the same. Wildrider closes her eyes and does a small bow in thanks.

>"I'm here to play some dice."

Wildrider nods
"Then we shall play some dice."

She does a little contact juggling with the cup and throws and catches the dice a few times between her fingers.
"Old and noble. For as long as there has been dice there has been this uncompromising fairness and risk. All or nothing. Fate. Balance."

>Did another goblin come through here? White hair? Bangs? Lotta knives on her?
The Wildrider skips the dice back and forth on her knuckles.
"She did yes. Very nice. Quite fortunate up to a point. She left with more than she came in with. Always good. She said she was going to the bar next. I assured her she could drink with me but alas I have only warm sake to offer and she sought other potables."

She throws the dice into the air and scoops both into the cup and drives it to the playing mat. She glances at you.
"Your wager. And your speculation. Odds? Evens? If you're right, you will double your bet, if you are wrong, I will keep it. There is nothing else to it."

=======
Odds or evens. Make sure to also mention how much you're betting in the same post or I won't count it. First in.
>>
>>6003429
50 gold on even to start with.

We probably want a cut off at 700 or 500 gold in our wallet to not spend all of it even if we do receive some back in case of bad luck.
On an completely unrelated note I wonder if Mike has as good a hearing as Zatoichi.
>>
>>6003429
Awooga.

And yeah, I support having a hard cap on our gambling. We don't want to blow our whole budget.
>>
Rolled 6, 3 = 9 (2d6)

>>6003452
>>
File: 039.png (183 KB, 500x400)
183 KB
183 KB PNG
>>6003892
She takes the cup off of the dice. Odd.

She places a hand to her chest as though she was surprised by the results, even though her expression doesn't change.

She collects your 50.

"You were so close. Keep at it."
>>
>>6003903
We're getting baited!

>Put another 50 on even. Maintain eye contact.
>>
Rolled 5, 1 = 6 (2d6)

>>6003905
>>
File: 040.png (180 KB, 500x400)
180 KB
180 KB PNG
>>6003905
>>6003906
The goblin holds your gaze as she does a little shoulder shimmying dance to ready the next dice.

She slams down the cup. Even.

She does a small, quiet clap and the glint of a grin.

"Oh, excellent. Now you're getting somewhere."

She gives you back your 50 and produces another one for you.
>>
>>6003911
do it again
>>
>>6003911
(So, goblins have food names--what's Wildrider's name from?)
>>
Rolled 6, 4 = 10 (2d6)

>>6003921
>>
File: 041.png (182 KB, 500x400)
182 KB
182 KB PNG
>>6003922
You lean over to Jorn, Richter is a little high to whisper to.

>"(So, goblins have food names--what's Wildrider's name from?)"

"Oh. It's a code name."

Right. Goblin hearing.

The Wild rider throws the cup in the air, then the dice. The dice end up inside the cup some how. As they come back down, she drives them to the mat.

"A little thing the boss does with her inner circle. Same as with Bounder. Makes it easier."
She gestures to the front of the business with her chin.

>>6003927

She lifts the cup. Even.
She does another small applause and gives you another 50.

"Three more and we're on a streak. This is getting exciting."
>>
>>6003938
QM: I meant one more.
>>
>>6003938
So we've made a profit of 50?

>100 on even
>You and Highball were talking, huh?
>>
Rolled 6, 5 = 11 (2d6)

>>6003984
>>
File: 042.png (184 KB, 500x400)
184 KB
184 KB PNG
>>6003984
>So we've made a profit of 50?

QM: yes, I meant that she gives you one extra 50 in addition to your own.

>100 on even

She nods and smiles. She throws the dice up and catches them sideways in the cup. Drives it to the mat.

>"You and Highball were talking, huh?"

The Wildrider bobs her eyebrows and smiles.

"We did, yes."

She lowers herself further but glances up at you.

"Although she felt no need to mention her name."
The Wildrider chuckles.
"We spoke about business and our social endeavors as goblins do. As someone who was once a little directionless, or following orders, it means a lot to her to be on the up and up with someone she cares about. The old two for one."

>>6003994
She exposes the dice. Odd.

"Ara. Back where we started. Don't be discouraged."
>>
>>6004008
>Do be discouraged
Double-or-nothing on 50/50 odds has an expected value of "no charge," I'm pretty sure, so this is better than losing money. Thank Wildrider for her time and head to the bar to actually find Highball.
>>
File: 043.png (170 KB, 500x400)
170 KB
170 KB PNG
>>6004013
>Thank Wildrider for her time and head to the bar to actually find Highball.

The Wildrider bows and goes back to sipping her drink.

"It takes balance in all things. I see you complement each other. Take care."

You blink a little stepping back into the light.

Bounder is talking with a very unsurprising guest.
>>
>>6004043
>"Didn't win anything, but didn't lose anything either. I thought it was best to not risk gambling away our savings, considering what the next few days will bring."
>"What's new with you, Burstock?"
>>
File: 043.png (148 KB, 500x400)
148 KB
148 KB PNG
>>6004046
>"Didn't win anything, but didn't lose anything either."

Burstock smiles broadly.
"That sounds about right. Level headed but still in the game. I bet if it were just you you had to worry about, you probably would have bet more."

>"I thought it was best to not risk gambling away our savings, considering what the next few days will bring."

The vitamagus glances skyward and breathes deeply.
"I'm with you there. Can't wait for either of those to be done with. I am gonna get SO drunk. Like WAY more than usual."

>"What's new with you, Burstock?"

"Taking in the town. It's...nice to see it like this after what happened to it. And then after that. I see what it's going for but...I think my heart still goes to Dunnlivin. Not that I'm done looking around or...sampling the local flavour yet. I like this town."
>>
>>6004117
> think my heart still goes to Dunnlivin.
"I feel ya."

>Not that I'm done looking around or...sampling the local flavour yet.
"Where are you headed? We were going to swing by the bar to pick up Highball, if you wanted to come with."
>>
File: 044.png (147 KB, 500x400)
147 KB
147 KB PNG
>>6004121
>"Where are you headed?"

Burstock glances over your shoulder and smiles.
"Well, I'm going through to the back room to have a bit of a gamble, drink and chat."

She glances at Bounder
"And...do a little handholding if she's open to it."

Bounder nods proudly.

Burstock gets a more serious look.
"Then I will pay the doctor a visit. They're not well, ironically."

>"We were going to swing by the bar to pick up Highball, if you wanted to come with."

She does a little sway to herself.
"Thanks, but I just came from there. She's good. She has some winnings she wants to split with you, actually. The bar here is good. Turns out it's also a bakery"

Jorn's ears wiggle.
>>
>>6004117
>I see what it's going for but...I think my heart still goes to Dunnlivin.
That place is kind of dead, but it's still fun.

>>6004130
>"Then I will pay the doctor a visit. They're not well, ironically."
Dang, that is important. Can't have a Doctor out of commission - not in a town with only one, anyways.

Awright, time to see that bar. And a bakery is always nice to have available, maybe we can pick up some of Joey's namesake.
>>
File: 045.png (521 KB, 1000x800)
521 KB
521 KB PNG
>>6004181
You go next door to the Barkery. It smells amazing.

Jorns clasps her hands and makes a little delighted noise.

A mogwomp greats you enthusiastically and gestures to a table. They have a slightly odd accent for a mogwomp. It's a mixture from what you're used to.

Highball looks up from her drink and waves to you enthusiastically.

Everton doesn't appear to notice you and seems to be reading a menu while drinking a sarsaparilla.
>>
>>6004242
Do they have menus at the counter or in tables? Either way, order something to drink, grab a menu and head to HB's table.
>>
>>6004242
>>6004258
+1
"What'cha drinking, roller?"
>>
>>6004242
Let's see what they have to offer. Is it all displayed?
>>
File: 046.png (149 KB, 500x400)
149 KB
149 KB PNG
>>6004258
There are menus to be collected at the counter. You order a beer. Jorn orders a grink float and Richter an egg nog.

The menu has
Pie, Curry Pie, Chicken Pie, Sausage Roll, Mochi Donut (cinnamon), Mochi Donut (Chocolate), Calzone Supreme, Pastie, Sfogliatelle, Cannoli, Lamington, Croque Monsieur, Croque Madam, Reuben Sandwich, Frog Cake, Bread Rolls, Bread Loaf, Croissant, Ham and Cheese Croissant and Pain per Du.

Drinks wise:
Ale, Lager, Weissbier, Whisky, Rye, Grink, Grink Rak, Grink Float, Beer Float, Stout, Stout Float, Sarsaparilla, Gose, Juice Box. Egg Nog.

=Don't see it? Just ask.=

You take a seat next to Highball, who snuggles up next to you.

"Missed you, partner! I'm glad to take a bit of time out from training."

Richter observes Highball's actions and sits a little closer to Jorn.

>"What'cha drinking, roller?"

"Perfect Manhattan, baby! Not bad at all."
She slides you 300 gold in folding money.
"That's just for looking pretty."

>a. So, the training's going well?
>b. I've beefed things up to the tune of 150 kilos
>c. What exactly are you guys doing again?
>d. Regarding the mission, what's the chance you could loot a little while you're there?
>e. I hope Mike isn't working you guys too hard.
>f. Do you know anything about these Tanqueray guys?
>g. You been around town?
>h. [rub her ears]
>i. [INSERT OWN]
>>
>>6004368
>h. [rub her ears]
You just gotta.
>>
>>6004368
>"Missed you, partner! I'm glad to take a bit of time out from training."
>i. Let's do our best to make it a good time too, shall we.
Second: >>6004369
>>
File: 047.png (151 KB, 500x400)
151 KB
151 KB PNG
>>6004369
You put an arm around your best gob and rub her ears. Her shoulders jump up as her body stiffens, her legs kick back and hit the underside of the table, fortunately not spilling anything.

She relaxes and slumps into her chair a little but squirms when Richter stairs at her with a measure of curiosity for slightly too long.

"Ah. here? Don't tease me like this."
She says this, but she is smiling and purring all the same.

=================

Make me d100 roll, please. first in.
>>
Rolled 43 (1d100)

>>6004391
We lucky sock if this sucks.
>>
File: 048.png (158 KB, 500x400)
158 KB
158 KB PNG
>>6004388
>"Let's do our best to make it a good time too, shall we"

Highball nestles deeper against you.
"Boy, you said it. We got a few things lined up, huh? It'll be nice to have a clean slate. Get back to business. Feel like you ain't.."

Highball remembers Jorn and Richter are still there. She leans over and whispers into your ear

"..put the blocks to me in forever.."

She goes back to her drink, smiling contently.

>>6004393
Spot check passed.

You notice that Everton, apparently hearing the table get kicked is leaning on the back of their chair and looking at your party. When her eye meets your she flashes you a restrained smile and tips her hat to you before going back to her menu.
>>
>>6004391
>>g. You been around town?
>>f. Do you know anything about these Tanqueray guys?
>>
>>6004400
Meant to link >>6004398
>>
File: 049.png (153 KB, 500x400)
153 KB
153 KB PNG
>>6004400
>"You been around town?"

Highball nods and sips her drink
"Mmhmhm"

She places it down and picks the cherries from it.
" Stopped in with the new mayor. Did a little politickin'. Said Hi. Turns out he both remembers us from Dunnlivin AND has heard about us killing dwarves and saving this town. Basically, he knows to call us if there's something he needs help with."[/green}

She rubs her thumbs and forefingers together.

"Checked out the fresh fruit place but..nah. Too many bananas."

She pats her back pocket.
"Then I hit up the gambling den. Played a little cards."

She takes a bite of her croque monsieur
"mow um eabing"

>Do you know anything about these Tanqueray guys?

She shrugs and keep chewing before swallowing her mouthful
"Name rings a bell. Dunno why though."
>>
>>6004451
Order some food, something quick so we can eat (and share?) whilst Highball's still eating.

Then tell her how we've been doing.
>>
>>6004451
>Tanqueray
"Karl clued us on some things about them."
Repeat to HB what Karl told us.
"Apparently they might be researching new ammo. Stukka, the ammo dealer, talked with one of their higher ups about it, but didn't catch a name."
Seconding >>6004564
>>
maybe >>6004564 can be combined with >>6004181
>maybe we can pick up some of Joey's namesake
>>
>>6004451
"Good stuff. It's nice, knowing this town'll be alright. I was a little worried that it'd flounder, end up just a pinata for bandits or gangs."
>>6004642
Sounds like a plan, I wanna ask the baker if they have cake-style donuts.
>>
File: 050.png (152 KB, 500x400)
152 KB
152 KB PNG
>>6004564
You order some Mochi Donuts to share. Jorn likes the taste but can't seem to handle the texture, so Richter eats hers. Highball partakes too once she finishes her sandwich.

You bring her up to speed with everything you've been up to and what Karl told you. There are a few particular talking points.

Highball sips on a Weissbier
" Did Stukka really say you two were cool? Cause that chick was giving me the button eye last time, and I'm one of the guys who SAVED her."

Jorn nods

"How much you give her anyways?"
"10'000. Give or take."
Highball almost chokes on her drink.
"You have that kind of paper just lying around?"
Jorn studies the menu
"Not anymore. But I'm glad she's forgiven me. That's a big one."

The discussion of Den Ouzo and Den Tanqueray and their very different business models seems to make Highball think. She leans back in her chair.

"Hmmmm..I guess when you grow up in one den, dust out and just hang out with other dust outs, you kinda assume all dens are the same. There's not just differences in size and quality but in business acumen. Maybe even scruples."

Richter has a thought
"Is there any den that's completely trustworthy? Devoid of moral ambiguity?"

Highball stretches, closes her eyes and smirks.
"Is there any big business?"

Richter nods.

>"Apparently they might be researching new ammo. Stukka, the ammo dealer, talked with one of their higher ups about it, but didn't catch a name."

Highball opens one of her eyes and smiles at you.
"They're not gonna have this many goblins in town without at least a capo to watch over them. Whoever Stukka spoke to is probably still here. I'd wager it's either the gambler with the big wambos or the non-biney in the fancy hat. Either is likely. That said, unless I miss my count, there's still 3 sex workers it could be. Assuming any of them are goblins, of course."

Highball sits back up straight.

"Probably doesn't matter for now, right?"
>>
>>6005520
>"Probably doesn't matter for now, right?"
Yeah. Maybe it could be an early investment opportunity, but even that would be depended on so many things. Starting with if they'd even consider outside investment in the first place.

Ask what she would think about taking opportunities to loot on their away mission, since we've been considering the possibility. We've been asking around about it after all.
>>
File: 051.png (151 KB, 500x400)
151 KB
151 KB PNG
>>6005531
>Ask what she would think about taking opportunities to loot on their away mission, since we've been considering the possibility. We've been asking around about it after all.

Highball finishes her beer.
Depends on what you had in mind. We've been refining our movements both for in and out of the place to a mirror sheen, so anything *large* will alter our flow a little. But I totally see the value in it. Basically, depending on what you want us to grab, there'll be a difficulty rating. There will be three rolls to pass. So long as we pass even one, we'll all get back with what you ask for - if it's there."

Highball winks.
"I'm down if you are, Joey."
A loud interrupter bell sounds outside. Humans and goblins alike can be seen running past the bakery.

"GOPNIKS! GOPNIKS AND NOWLS AT THE SOUTH GATE! SCRAMBLE!!"

Everton pulls her hat over her eyes and rests her feet on the table.

Richter and Jorn look toward the commotion then back to you, expectantly.
>>
>>6005600
>Pre-job workout, yay or nay?
>>
>>6005627
If by workout you mean a banging her, i agree. We should do that. We should do that more often.
>>
>>6005600
Let's stroll out and see what's up. I'm sure the beefed up security can handle it, but I admit to being curious how they handle things.
>>
File: 052.png (136 KB, 500x400)
136 KB
136 KB PNG
Rolled 97 (1d100)

>>6005632
Goblin-fucker man, never change. I mean that.

>>6005644
You make your way casually to the front gate as suit wearing humans and armored goblins holding pistols and daggers run past you as other climb to look out positions around the town. People wandering the town get indoors. A small hatch on the south wall of the second floor of the bordello clicks open.

As you step outside the town. Clusters of gopniks are being dragged to the ground by guards as a squad of goblins successfully corale and put down a rhino nowl. The gopniks occasionally get shots off on the auit clad humans but are outclassed despite their numbers.

Richter looks around
"More of these sorts of nowls. You think Edgewater did this?"

Two arachnid nowls notice your party and lope towards you furiously.

Jorn grimaces and gets into a fighting stance.
"He's just flipping half his remaining crew at this point..."
Jorn glances at you for confirmation.
"We're just rinsing these fools, right? Or do I hold back?"

roll for initiative, remember it's high for this game. First in! It's a 1d100
>>
>>6005681
>Goblin-fucker man, never change. I mean that.
One day, Highball WILL be pregnant with our children. I don't really care if there's anything stopping it from happening.
>>
Rolled 60 (1d100)

>>6005681
>>"We're just rinsing these fools, right? Or do I hold back?"
Remember what we talked about randos? If they don't ask for mercy, then give them none.

Forgot dice last time.
>>
File: 053.png (120 KB, 500x400)
120 KB
120 KB PNG
>>6005722
The Spiders have initiative!

Both of them spray Richter with webbing!
She may not make any actions next turn!
>>
Rolled 16 (1d100)

>>6006043
Rolling to Kneecap one, siccing Jorn on the other.
>>
>>6006055
Nice
>>
>>6006055
Nice!
>>
File: 054.png (143 KB, 500x400)
143 KB
143 KB PNG
>>6006055
>>6006075
>>6006100
You successfully KNEECAP the one on the left! It cannot move next turn!

Jorn casts ROARING BLOOD, and charges towards the one on the right, screaming bloody murder.
Jorn used COS BUSTER and broke the nowl's armor.

Richter begins to free herself.
>>
File: 055.png (124 KB, 500x400)
124 KB
124 KB PNG
Left Spider cannot attack!

Right spider runs over to Jorn and bites them!

Jorn was poisoned!
Jorn is getting angrier!
>>
>>6006599
Hell's Heart a boomflask at them. Get some DoT going.
>>
File: 056.png (190 KB, 500x400)
190 KB
190 KB PNG
>>6006641
You add some extra 'get fucked' to a BOOMFLASK and light up the uncredible spidermen.
>>
File: 057.png (169 KB, 500x400)
169 KB
169 KB PNG
Jorn rushes her target and uses RISING ICEBERG!!

Her uppercut dislodges the enemies head and much of their spine!

QM: Sorry for the lack of trip last time.
>>
File: 058.png (211 KB, 500x400)
211 KB
211 KB PNG
Richter cracks her knuckles.
"We must end this."

She cocks her fist backs and lunges and the remaining enemy. For a second, all of its eyes light up in horrified astonishment at what is coming towards it. The nearby trees seem to hold their breath as Richters foot plants in front of them and she casts FIST.

A keening rush of air howls all around you as the second and final nowl evaporates into glowing cinders.

COMBAT OVER!
You receive +50 xp
and loot 45 gold.
>>
>>6006724
Neat.

Is that the lot of them, or there others around we need to head over to wrangle?
>>
>>6006724
Good work. Let's take stock.
>>
>>6006724
Take a look at what the guards are doing, are the humans and the goblins working together or in separate groups? Would be interesting to know how closely the operations are cooperating.

After this scuffle is over we should probably pay Jim a visit, at least to say hi.
>>
File: 20240517_121150~2.jpg (1000 KB, 3658x2662)
1000 KB
1000 KB JPG
>>6007132
The humans set about arresting the remaining gopniks as the goblins loot the bodies and divide the plunder. They seem to be pretty business like. Not unfriendly but hardly high diving each other.

One human lights a goblins cigarette when they pat their pockets. The goblin nods in thanks.

The humans fire up a signal for the vanguards.

Some bandits rally and try to regroup and attack but an artillery shell from the centre of town blasts them to pieces.

Jorn beads with sweat and is extra pale. She leans against Richter.

Qm: sorry. At work
>>
>>6007485
>Jorn beads with sweat and is extra pale. She leans against Richter.
Right. The poison. Check on Jorn.
Unless Burstock happens to be right here in our line of sight we might want to visit the town doctor.
>>
>>6007485
>Jorn beads with sweat and is extra pale. She leans against Richter.
"Richter, could you please pick Jorn up and carry her so she doesn't exert herself while poisoned?"
>>6007504
+1
>>
>>6007504
+1
>>
>>6007504
>>6007565
+1
>>
File: 059.png (223 KB, 455x462)
223 KB
223 KB PNG
>>6007504
>>6007565
>>6007730
>>6007803
Jorn tries to stand
"I-it's okay.. I'll be.."

She slumps further against Richter, who catches her and scoops her up.
"You don't have to impress me."

She carries Jorn back to town
You can hear Jorn sleepily saying "wheee..."
>>
File: 060.png (122 KB, 500x400)
122 KB
122 KB PNG
You arrive at the doctor and the door jingles as you enter.

Crunchy tissues, empty boxes of snack cakes and a thick cloud of smoke fill the room.

A blanket burrito stirs angrily and coughs for a few seconds before finally addressing your party.
>>
>>6007851
One of us was poisoned with spider venom while defending the town from attacking Nowls and bandits. Can you help her?
>>
File: 061.png (101 KB, 500x400)
101 KB
101 KB PNG
>>6007857
The blanket burrito unfurls and an almost cadaverous ork emerges from it. She smoothes her greasy hair and looks at your party.

"Right. I think I can see which."

She takes a syringe from her pocket, flicks it once or twice and jabs it into Jorn, who wimpers but has her breathing return to normal. She falls asleep.

"Sorted. Awesome."

She reaches down and grabs a cake from one of the boxes on the ground and rubs her eyes.

"NOW...thanks for saving the town yaddayaddayadda nowif you'll excuse me I need to mentally prepare for digging bullets of out of guards and stitching wounds instead of sleeping.."

>a. Uh...yeah. Thanks. [LEAVE]
>b. Do you have anything for sale?
>c. Thank you Doctor....?
>d. What is it with all the healers I know having unhealthy habits
>e. Why'd you become a doctor? You seem to hate helping people.
>f. You're kinda pretty, huh? [60%]
>g. You okay there? [40%]
>h. [INSERT OWN]
>>
>>6007880
>c. Thank you Doctor....?
I think I might be able to guess this one.
>>
>>6007880
>>h. [INSERT OWN]
Can we be of an assistance.
>>
File: 062.png (110 KB, 500x400)
110 KB
110 KB PNG
>>6007887
>" Thank you Doctor....?"

She rolls her eyes and lights a cigarette.
"Whitewater. Kenosha Whitewater."

>"Can we be of an assistance."
She pushes her thumb and forefinger into her eyes and exhales through her nose.
Not unless you're about to magically transform into a four poster bed or another doctor."
>>
>>6007925
Has a grel been through here? Blue hair, tattoos, precarious dress? She said she was gonna swing by at some point.
Turns out I could not guess that one. Such arrogance!
>>
Rolled 26 (1d100)

>>6007925
Nod towards Jorn. "She could help with your first request after she wakes up."
Burstock is in town, but I'm not sure if we can promise her help without first asking from herself.
>g. You okay there? [40%]
>>
>>6007837
Make a mental note to get those two to hang out more often. We could use the spare room, right?
>>
>>6007966
Don't quote me on this but I think they've trained together in the past, so that's probably something they'd be happy to continue.
>>
>>6007925
>Transform into another Doctor

Perhaps Surrey's got a potion for that? Or perhaps Surrey could just get to work brewing some helpful medical potions for the doctor to cut down the workload?
>>
>>6007925
>Look around doctor's room filled with filth and smoke
"I take it none of your patients have weak immune systems or respiratory complications?"
>>
File: 063.png (118 KB, 500x400)
118 KB
118 KB PNG
>>6007941
>"Has a grel been through here? Blue hair, tattoos, precarious dress? She said she was gonna swing by at some point."

Whitewater grimaces.
"No. Haven't seen her. Why, what's wrong with her?"

Nod towards Jorn.
>"She could help with your first request after she wakes up."

Jorn smacks her lips and hums happily to herself.

Whitewater looks doubtful.

>>6008482
>"I take it none of your patients have weak immune systems or respiratory complications?"
The ork sniffs.
"If some bar atmosphere and a few candy wrappers finish them off, then I don't imagine I could help them."

>>6007949
>You okay there?

After a few false starts, Kenosha takes a big draw on her cigarette.
"I mean...no! Not really. With the state of everything. Have you seen what's going on out there? Money is everything! No one faces the music anymore. No one wants to help people unless they think they can make money from it. We waste so much food. We're so horrible to each other. There is a local government that want to privatize health potions! HEALTH POTIONS! So that only one company can make them and sell them! Think theyre not gonna jack up the price?!"

She takes another drag
"And its gonna work, too...it's all about bribes, man. Every person in town can be against it but if the right people get their palms greased then away it goes! And if ONE GTU city picks it up, maybe the others will."

She tosses away her cigarette and lights another.
"And THIS place! Sure! Better than it used to be! But we still get raided! People still side with the troll! And yeah! We haven't lost anyone! I've kept them all ALIVE but for how long?! When is it gonna stop!?"

She glances skyward.
"I'm just so sick of it all, man.."
>>
>>6008631
>"I'm just so sick of it all, man.."
Those are all valid reasons to be upset. It may not be much of a comfort, but we are working on putting an end to the Troll and his gang.
The potion monopoly and the bribery we weren't aware of. Maybe telling us about them could help her feel better, even if we can't do much about it right now?
>>
>>6008685
+1
>>
>>6008631
>And its gonna work, too
Sure, with that attitude. (don't actually say this)

>No one wants to help people unless they think they can make money from it.
Has anyone ever? World's a lot kinder than it used to be, but people still can't live off kindness alone, any more than they can live without it.
>>
File: 064.png (114 KB, 500x400)
114 KB
114 KB PNG
>>6008685
>It may not be much of a comfort, but we are working on putting an end to the Troll and his gang.

She thinks. She glances at Richter and nods. She glances at Jorn at looks less sure but you feel like she does feel a little better.
"I hope you beat the odds, kid."
Jorn wakes up and stretches. She blushes a little then kicks her legs. Richter places her on the ground.

The potion monopoly and the bribery we weren't aware of. Maybe telling us about them could help her feel better, even if we can't do much about it right now?
Whitewater sighs, her breath rattles.
"Look. I know I'm catastrophizing a bit but like..okay..Kassut is a big enough city. The mayor and his inner circle have got direct ties to one of the larger potion places. If they get that local law passed. Then that ONE company is the only one allowed to make health and mana potions. The people who MADE that recipe gave it to everyone FOR FREE because they knew it belonged to everyone."

She wipes her face
"If one company has a monopoly on health potions they can charge whatever they want - and it will be a lot. If less people can afford health potions more people will need traditional medical care, when the demand for that goes up, they will regulate that too. Make it so that you need to pay a monthly amount to get the best care. WHo do you pay the monthly amount to? Probably them and their friends. They're all in this together."

The doctor links her fingers
"And the money talks so it's all connected. Well paid lawyers can draft documents full of legalese and loopholes. Paid off cops can stamp out businesses who argue. Plant evidence. And corrupt journalists can bend the masses into thinking what the politicians want them to think."

She stubs out a cigarette
"Maybe I'm imagining it. Maybe it'll never get that bad. But scratched the surface - the surface-of all this corruption and now I have a hit out on me, basically. So it's not *nothing* even if it's not as bad as I think."

>"Has anyone ever? World's a lot kinder than it used to be, but people still can't live off kindness alone, any more than they can live without it."

Whitewater looks sad.
"There's levels, you know? Once you're spending so much money on nothing else but making more money...can't that be spent elsewhere?"
>>
>>6008837
I run a potion business myself. Unregulated potionmaking has a pretty nasty side to it too, but we don't make anything made of people, nor illegal. So it's in my interests to make sure that law doesn't pass. I'm not going to go killing people -just- for being greedy assholes, but maybe I can help.

>now I have a hit out on me, basically.
Damn, from who?
>>
>>6008837
"Well, our organisation has a potion-brewer on staff. So we're not exactly thrilled by the idea of someone setting up a monopoly, 'cos if this law passes we'll be a challenge. More of a challenge to this troll when we are already, even."
>>
>>6008837
How are you feeling Jorn? The doctor could use a bed if you're feeling up for it. A good one too.

We can have Karl put out his feelers once we are done with the OG.
>>
File: 065.png (112 KB, 500x400)
112 KB
112 KB PNG
>>6008859
>"I run a potion business myself. Unregulated potionmaking has a pretty nasty side to it too, but we don't make anything made of people, nor illegal. So it's in my interests to make sure that law doesn't pass. I'm not going to go killing people -just- for being greedy assholes, but maybe I can help."

"The proposed law would only take off in Kassut if it goes ahead. I'm just worried that other towns would get ideas. It's the principle of the matter. Whatever you do; just be subtle about it."

>"Damn, from who?"
Whitewater lights a fresh cigarette
"I don't know. Someone bombed my practice. I went to the police and made my suspicions clear. The next day someone bombed my house. Cops said they had no leads. Then they killed my horse, so... yeah. Guess I was next. Headed south and ran till I found a town in the mahala I could handle. It's just...between the work and the stress...I can't always deal. That's all."

>"How are you feeling Jorn? The doctor could use a bed if you're feeling up for it. A good one too."

Jorn does some little stretches.
"Feeling pretty amazing, skip. Nothing a reuben sandwich wouldn't fix. Good to go on the mna front, though."

Jorn tilts her head at Whitewater
"You don't got a bed?"

The doctor slumps
"I do it's just...it's in the apartment. And if someone comes in I have to be ready and I'm just...so tired..."

Jorn rubs her hands together.
"Okay doc! You got a preference? Cotton? Silk?"

Whitewater seems confused
"I mean...silk sheets..four pillows? Goose down comforter?"

Jorn closes her eyes and makes a diamond shape with her hands.
"come'n up!"
>>
>>6008888
"Well, if you ever need a night's rest with less worries, feel free to come crash with Cold Iron Solutions. Can't guarantee you'd be entirely safe - we get into lots of scrapes ourselves - but you'd get my team watching your back."
>>
>>6008888
Hm. Sounds like a job for the little green detective. We sure keep our crew busy.
Write a note: "Ask Mr Nagakura to find out who wants Whitewater dead"
>>
File: 066.png (116 KB, 500x400)
116 KB
116 KB PNG
>>6008917

>"Well, if you ever need a night's rest with less worries, feel free to come crash with Cold Iron Solutions. Can't guarantee you'd be entirely safe - we get into lots of scrapes ourselves - but you'd get my team watching your back."

The doctor grimaces slightly less.
"I dunno. I got a better feeling about you three than I do most people- for some reason. But..like it or not this town needs me for the mean time. Who knows."

>>6008920
You make a note in your JOURNAL

JORN summons an incredible looking bed. You could almost curl up into it yourself it looks so bundled and inviting.

"Good for 10 hours, doc. Rest up."

"I'll see what I can do..."
for all her doubts, Doctor Whitewater is unconscious seconds after climbing into the bed.

Jorn shrugs.
"It's not quite a sleep spell, but..."
>>
>>6008947
Good Job Jorn. Let's give the good doctor her rest.

Maybe check on Jim?
>>
>>6008947
Let's mosey back outside. I have an inkling who'll show up to that vanguard signal the guards sent up, and I want to speak with them about some things.
On the way, I'd like to ask Jorn if she can magic away the smell of cigarettes.
>>
File: 067.png (184 KB, 500x400)
184 KB
184 KB PNG
>>6008952

>Let's mosey back outside.
>On the way, I'd like to ask Jorn if she can magic away the smell of cigarettes.

Jorn beams
"Oh, totally sure. I can get it out of objects or people-and the clothes they're wearing at the time. probably even a room if I have enough time."

"Boy am I glad to hear that.
Burstock sways towards your party. She has a thin film of sweat over her and has a considerable sex funk.
"Can I get a..?"

Jorn wrinkles her nose and rapidly nods. She places a hand on Burstock's shoulder and summons a tornado of magical bubbles around her. Burstock shimmies in appreciation.
"Crescent fresh."

Richter steps forward
"Vitamagus, I am sorry to impose but regarding the injured in the recent bandit attack.."

Burstock holds up a hand
"It's what I was doing between the bordello and here. The doctor has the evening off at least."

Burstock sips a mana potion

A large human thanks you.
>>
>>6008981
>"It's what I was doing between the bordello and here. The doctor has the evening off at least."
The doctor has had it rough. I imagine she'll appreciate the chance to rest.
>A large human thanks you.
Shake the mans hand and have proper introductions.
"No problem, glad to be of a assistance. Have the Vanguards arrived yet?"
>>
File: 068.png (165 KB, 500x400)
165 KB
165 KB PNG
>>6008983
Burstock walks past your party.
"Just one thing I gotta sort out. Don't worry I won't wake her."

Burstock phases through the wall of the doctor's office.

Jorn looks at Richter
"Did you know she could do that?"
Richter shrugs and smiles
"If I did, I have forgotten. When one demonstrates such a mastery of their discipline, it can be easy to forget their sphere spells."
Jorn nods
"That's the truth. Haven't found a use for running across water yet, though."

Jim and you shake hands and he smiles warmly. It's fascinating to hear his voice without the flange filter his armor gave him. He looks as wise as you expected.

>"No problem, glad to be of a assistance. Have the Vanguards arrived yet?"
Jim nods.
"Should have by now. We are fortunate to have such proximity to their outpost."
>>
>>6009001
>We are fortunate to have such proximity to their outpost
Your guards were handling things quite well, but I do suppose having Vanguards close is a good for receiving extra help in a pinch.
You've got a real neat arrangement with Den Tanqueray and it seems to be working well.
>>
File: 069.png (165 KB, 500x400)
165 KB
165 KB PNG
>>6009029
>"Your guards were handling things quite well, but I do suppose having Vanguards close is a good for receiving extra help in a pinch."

Jim looks quite proud
"We haven't actually required their help in combat, no but we do have no real place to store any prisoners or criminals., so the Vanguards help us with that."

>"You've got a real neat arrangement with Den Tanqueray and it seems to be working well."
Jim rubs his chin
"Between you and me, I don't think it would have occurred to me in the past. My bastion and I have had to deal with goblins in some very unpleasant circumstances in the past. But I saw - and then heard about from Ms Tauloppo - the sort of good work you and your partner were doing about these lands and it made me think."

Jim glances thoughtfully at the town

So when, in the ashes of this town an envoy sought to make a contract with me offering highly trained operatives at a low cost in exchange for a goblin run business in town, well it seemed like a sign to me. Their training and weapons are really quite impressive."

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.