[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/qst/ - Quests

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Size ×
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Map state.png (924 KB, 1189x699)
924 KB
924 KB PNG
If you want to play from here, you can, but be aware it's hard for you to do anything covertly All your moves can be looked up by other players.

We are missing Iran and Sunni Opposition, but we got enough people to play.

>Last thread
>>5954784
-
>Recruitment Ad
Ready for a wargame with a unique twist? Introducing a "Matrix Game" where your strategic arguments and knowledge of history directly impact the outcome. Think Clancy/Battlefield triller intensity with deeper geopolitical intrigue.

>Key Features:

- Argument is Your Weapon: Persuasive tactics earn you combat modifiers. I'll arbitrate, channeling my history expertise and healthy dose of insanity.
- Volatile Modern World: Choose between Central Asia, the Middle East, or East/Central Africa. Expect volatile factions and superpower powerplays. (Mercenaries 1/2 fans, this will feel familiar)
- Hyper-Realistic Conflict: Amplified economic and technological factors fuel relentless, plausible warfare (The Pentagon/Analysts uses Marix games).
What sets this apart:
- Historical depth: My BoA in history (Magna Cum Lade) informs a setting where your knowledge matters.
- Player Agency: You don't just roll dice. You shape the narrative and propose lore to build the world collaboratively.

>How to Get Involved
- Vote: Where should the conflict unfold? [NM, we voted for Middle East]
- Choose Your Platform: How should we run this? [They voted for Discord, https://discord.gg/UzmPCYUD]
Inspiration: This draws from PaxSims (https://paxsims.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/150314-isiscrisismaster-v2.pdf) and similar politically charged wargames.

>Let's Build This Together!
>>
>>5992838
Important question for my next action, are Kurdistan's troops from Arbil currently in Dahuk since they intercepted my oil trade, or did they use some imaginary/not-displayed militia to do it
>>
>>5993327
"The Kurdistani — Today at 7:26 PM
Of course I used the real militia"
>>
>>5995857
Alright, very cool, has Poland's actions been resolved
>>
>>5996152
I'm going to allow them to continue since neither side proposed additional arguments.
>>
Waiting on ISIS to make it's moves.
>>
Isis has imported several cheap cars and guns, resulting modern cavalry
Some technical squads leave to capture oil drills and platforms, netting them steady income
>>
>>5996152
Ok
>>
>>5997664
Alright I'm going big on this turn
Military move: Attack the Kurd troops currently in Dahuk using both troops from Mosul
Arguments: They're way out of position with no defensive fortifications or anything whatsoever
It would be an easy phone call from my oil transport guys to notify us that they're being attacked
I outnumber them 2:1
I outgun them with that truck with a gun mounted on it troop
They would not be able to anticipate my retaliation
They're trying to safely convey the oil back to sell it, and are hindered because of that
I am very close to the region and can travel there on that white line/road quickly

Nonmilitary action: Repair any damage done to the oil fields by the drone strikes
Arguments: The damages were minimal and didn't hit key infrastructure
All the parts are replaceable and easy to repair
ISIS has a team of engineers that can work on this stuff
The parts needed to repair the damages are relatively cheap
I control the area around the oil fields so the engineers can work in peace
>>
>>5997767
For the military argument, they forget that Kurds are being backed up by Iraqi troops
so that evens the numbers and they are outgunned with professional equipment from outside forces aid
For the nonmilitary argument, the damages would put the oil field out of commission since it got hit by fighters alongside Iraqi help
>>
Rolled 6, 2 + 2 = 10 (2d6 + 2)

>>6003150
>>5997767
I am seeing a lot of stuff being countered... I see that you have like +2 or +3 afterward.. but that's reduced by the penalties of fighting outside Sunni Areas. I do indeed see that the Iraq forces are nearby and that there is support resources nearby or made available in previous turns.

So this is a 2d6+2. Rolling now to speed things along.
>>
>>6003150
Okay how the fuck did the Iraqi troops manage to trek through all of ISIS controlled territory or on a long round-about route through the entirety of Kurdistan to get to Dahuk on time, and which Iraqi troops, the ones from Baghdad or the ones from Taji, I call immense bullshit on that military counter-argument
If Iran wants to try something, I'd maybe see it as being possible, but you'd have to sell me the idea that they could fucking get through the entirety of Kurdistan before I can hit them and get back
>>6003152
Guess it's a moot point with this success roll though, so cool
>>
>>5997767
>>6003150
The Iraq player forgot several arguments and other players didn't make any. I'm going to say it's 2d6+1 for repair because of the airstrikes
>>
>>6003159
>>
Rolled 3, 5 + 1 = 9 (2d6 + 1)

>>6003169
>>
>>6003171
Awesome, I don't mind letting you roll for me from now on if this is how the results are gonna be lol

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.