[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/pw/ - Professional Wrestling

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: wwe-bret-hart.jpg (218 KB, 1825x1217)
218 KB
218 KB JPG
Why does he hate Gunther so much?
>>
Wrestling is a work not a shoot. Only fake tough guys want it to be a shoot
>>
He hates any style of wrestling that revolves around really laying your shit in, he hates Flair, he thinks Misawa sucks etc. The chops and shit not causing any lasting damage doesn't matter he just hates the fact they hurt at all, which is weird because he has nothing by great things to say about Funk despite him shoot punching people in the face half the time in his matches. He's right that Funk is a god but it's a bit hypocritical.
>>
>>14564828
If I had to guess, he's just jealous of Gunther. Gunther is making a big name for himself at the moment and Bret doesn't like his style of wrestling, which apart from the chops is very similar to his own ironically.
>>
>>14564828
He does?
>>
>>14565699
It really isn't similar at all, Gunther's style is very 00s NOAH in that he loves getting into bomb fests with the occasional "working an injury" angle.
>>
>>14566220
By similar I mean that he likes the more grounded and technical approach, Gunther also likes to apply submission maneuvers without doing flippy shit. Also "working an injury" angle is what Bret did on occasion.
>>
>>14564828
Because he’s a race traitor, and Gunther’s gimmick works him by reminding him that he did so. Doesn’t matter that Gunther is an IRL race traitor as well.
>>
>>14565723
He refers to him as "German Idiot" and talks shit about his chops
>>
>>14566458
Hes not even german
>>
File: long.jpg (33 KB, 512x288)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>14566347
>>
>>14566327
Gunther more often than not has a completely different structure to the second half of his matches and how his matches finish, that's more what I'm getting at. What you said is technically true of Misawa as well and Bret thought he sucked to.
>>
>>14566458
didn't know fart shart is based after all
>>
>>14564828
>sorry boss can't lose in my hometown of earth
>>
Bret has historically never liked hard-hitting wrestling, the Japanese style. He takes pride in not actually harming his opponents at all (as if Gunther is injuring guys seriously, they just get a sore chest for a few days)
>>
>>14564828
Because gunther is a box checking waste with no thought or soul put into his persona, matches, mannerisms or fueds. He also has a shitty body and an even worse work ethic.

You faggots only think you like him because youre too into your own gayness to see he's getting a goldberg push without the fanfare. You'll literally hate him more than ryback this time next year.
>>
If your taste in wrestling is somehow even more limited and conservative than Jim Cornette's, you might as well just give up on wrestling.
>>
>>14564828
Because he hates Nazi scum.
>>
File: based bret.jpg (37 KB, 403x600)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>14564828
He hates stiff/strong style wrestling. Old man bitching and complaining about younger generation as usual.

You'd think he'd be less bitter with his nubian queen wife.
>>
>>14565571
Funk is the most overrated shitter in existence
Baffles me people act like he's some wrestling god.
>>
>>14564828
Bret Hart talks all the shit about wrestlers who stiff their opponents witch chops and harder hits and yet he was trained by and glorifies the 70s and 80s shitters like his dad, Billy Robinson and the rest of the Catch Wrestling crew who's entire personality was streching guys. What a hypocritical shitter.
>>
>>14566458
didn't he make fun of Gunther's thigh slaps too? i know he shits on thigh slaps, but i think he mentioned Gunther specifically.
>>
>>14565571
Exactly what I was talking about in my post above. He glorifies his Catch idols and seniors from muh ol days who used to regularly break people's bones and injure their opponents to "make em pay their dues" meanwhile guys like Gunther leave bruises on peoples' chests that go away in 2 days time. I wonder which is worse.
Bret is yet another old shiter yelling at the clouds.
>>
>>14568348
T. Only seen his stuff from after 2000
>>
>>14568374
He certainly hates thigh slapping in general (probably reminds him of Shawn, kek). Maybe I'm a mark, but I don't remember seeing Gunther slap his thigh.
>>
>>14568387
Give me your top 5 best funk matches then
>>
>>14568397
i actually notice Gunther doing it more than most. he even does it when he does his shotgun dropkick.
>>
>>14568403
Terry Funk vs Dory Funk Jr, their only singles match
Terry Funk vs. Stan Hansen 1983 (they're all great)
Hansen and Brody vs. Terry and Dory 82 (they're all great though)
Terry Funk vs. Hulk Hogan Saturday Night's Main Event (Hogan's best match ever)
Terry Funk vs. Ric Flair 1989 I Quit match

There are a ton of great Funk matches, this doesn't even touch on his deathmatch career.
>>
>>14568406
Fair enough. I fully cop to being a mark when it comes to a lot of this stuff. I notice the thigh slaps for superkicks and the claymore because they've been pointed out to me, and I guess I can probably assume any time I hear that snap on a kick move that there's a thigh slap happening, but it's just not something I really think about.
>>
>>14567433
>Bret thought Misawa sucked
I'm starting to not like this leaf
>>
>>14565571
This is all correct
Bret is not a chop guy
>>
I agree with him in the sense that slapping a man’s tits in an effort to win a fight is fucking ludicrous. But I also think it’s awesome. It can be two things.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.