[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/po/ - Papercraft & Origami

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: helmet.png (722 KB, 1004x618)
722 KB
722 KB PNG
Recently I got inspired by this guy who models their cosplays with cardboard and I got surprised by how good the round shapes ended up look like.
I only want to make a mask with round shapes but every tutorial I found uses straight strokes for the template and I want to know if I can find more information of how to do it the other way
>>
>>616163
im sure there's some technical name for this, i have a template for dark souls helmets made of foam that do this too.
>>
>>616163
I have a book about cosplay making with Eva foam if you want? can email it to you
would translate to cardboard pretty well
>>
>>616209
Yes! It would be very helpful. How can I found you?
>>
>>616223
just post an email and i'll send the book to that, if you want a fake one you can use Proton mail

https://proton.me/mail
>>
>>616228
or just email me here
PaperPigPaperPig@proton.me
>>
>>616223
Ended up just using my email, proton has a 25mb limit lol
>>
>>616247
Sent an email to your proton account! Hoping to get a copy of this book please.
>>
>>616255
sent
>>
>>616296
Thanks mate!
>>
>>616247
I just checked the content of the book and it is actually very helpful for what I am looking for. I really appreciate your help! !
>>
>>616317
hell yeah! I got a bunch of cosplay books from Humble Bundle awhile ago

glad I could help
>>
>>616163
That's dragon ball z armor.
>>
>>616209
Would you be able to upload it to a host like catbox or Mega please? I'm interested too.
>>
>>618013
same here
>>
>>618013
>>619696
Sorry i completely forgot about this thread, here you go

https://mega.nz/file/DyRwxB6D#tsff2T3F8mMUDFOGiVIecCcIHH27keEcMkGG0uCRtvI
>>
>>619700
thank you!
>>
The technical name for a shape that can be made from a flat plane via cutting, folding and bending but without stretching or compressing is a developable surface-

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Developable_surface

Cylinders, cubes, pyramids and cones are basic examples, and with computers extremely complex shapes can be segmented and unfolded to create patterns for 3-D objects.

Curved creasing/folding (see pic) is another option that can develop amazing shapes with minimal cutting and assembly work

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.