[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1713804582233311.jpg (56 KB, 480x602)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
How do I take a pic of someone with a bright sky and some landmark behind them?
Either the person gets dark or the sky overblown.
>>
>>4307716
Lern2flash
>>
10$ reflector.
>>
>>4307723
You bring those on vacation?
>>
>>4307724
I did, 60x90 cm one, while folded it's like 30 cm circle in its bag and it's flat.
>>
>>4307716
Bracketing and smashing the photos together in post. It’s what those hdr photographers are doing. My camera has a burst setting so you can do it in the context of hand holding a pic of someone. For best results use a tripod
>>
>>4307716
Base ISO and exposure +1 highlights -100.

Anyone telling you to add light sources takes uncanny mid 2ks mommy with a camera firstname lastname photography tier portraits. If you dont have at least 3 lights flash is a documentarian tool. 1 light flash invariably looks like shit.
>>
>>4307716
most important thing no one has said yet: SHOOT RAW
And OP seems new enough to need to be told this. Jpeg doesn't have enough range for this kind of editing.
>>
>>4307757
Yes and if you have 14bit RAW, use that over 12bit.
>>
>>4307716
Shoot raw and do basically this >>4307750 or just do a shadow lift. There's more noise in the shadows which is why most people who take cameras seriously at least use APS-C, to minimize that and get as much detail recovery as they can without resorting to flash. That's also why most micro four thirds users do boring loser photography like taking snapshits of birds in a local park from their car with a 1200mm lens. Something as simple as their girlfriend backlit in front of a landmark on a trip becomes an exercise in emulating the practices of the film days
>hold still while i position the strobe, my love

An iphone does something similar to >>4307748, for EVERY PHOTO, which is where a lot of the smearing comes from. Things never align between multiple exposures. This was the old practice of boomer landscape photographers, hence why their photos look like hyper-detailed iphone slop and they love iphones.
>>
>>4307750
>1 light flash invariably looks like shit.
you're never gonna support a growing family with attitude, son
https://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/fill-flash.htm
>>
>>4307789
1 light flash does invariably look like shit

The single worst gear purchase of my life is buying a single strobe and a medium sized softbox. It looks like shit as is, so you have to at least add a reflector as a kicker. But it still looks like shit then, and everyone taking the aritifically lit photos i like has a second strobe as the kicker, not a reflector, another diffusion panel in front of the main light's 80" softbox, a backlight, and lights on the background - i don't have a studio so I don't have a background.

I ended up never using it because I don't have a studio. You can get far better aesthetics by placing people in front of windows or under trees.
>>
>>4307765
>mft users have girlfriends and practice proper camera technique to extract max quality per image taken
Can't argue with either of those points, darn
>>
>>4307793
>mft users have girlfriends
had, she left for chad when he took a better pic on his fuji with DRO400 turned on and sent it to his instax printer
>>
File: 61uhMc8Lx5L._AC_SL1500_.jpg (110 KB, 1488x1462)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>>4307794
have again, she came back for the thermal printer
>>
>>4307765
If my phone can do it so easily why is it a pain on my camera?
>>
>>4308295
On your camera the blur from motion/alignment errors looks obviously bad because it is mixed with real details so you go "wow, HDR sucks" because it is higher resolution
On your phone the entire photo is already smeary sharpened blotches so it's just a little ghosting sometimes, nothing stands out if everything is shit

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.