[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1685232262445128.jpg (383 KB, 1500x2000)
383 KB
383 KB JPG
Sometimes I hate that I have a passport which ties me to Republika Srpska, for I absolutely condone anything Dodik does

https://www.rferl.org/a/republika-srpska-dodik-srebrenica-genocide-denied/32911356.html

Republika Srpska President Milorad Dodik told supporters at a rally in Banja Luka on April 18 that the actions of the Republika Srpska Army in Srebrenica in 1995 were "a mistake that left the crime" but again denied it was genocide.

"I want to express my special respect to all the victims and my condolences to their families. It was a crime," he said, addressing thousands of supporters. But he denied it was genocide.

More than 8,000 Bosniak Muslim men and boys were massacred by Bosnian Serb troops in Srebrenica in July 1995. International courts have ruled it a genocide, and Bosnian Serb army officers and political leaders also have been convicted of genocide by UN judges.

Earlier on April 18, Dodik told the Republika Srpska parliament that genocide "did not happen," adding that "such a qualification must be dismissed." The parliament adopted a report stating that the massacre in Srebrenica did not constitute genocide.

The moves came as Serbia and the Republika Srpska campaign against a resolution under debate at the UN to commemorate the Srebrenica genocide. Dodik said the government of Republika Srpska will spend the whole day in Srebrenica when the resolution is discussed at the UN.

Dodik, the pro-Russian leader of the ethnic Serbian entity of Bosnia-Herzegovina, has been designated for sanctions by the United States and Britain over alleged destabilization efforts and corruption.

He organized the rally to voice opposition to the resolution, which would declare July 11 as the International Day of the Remembrance of the Genocide committed in Srebrenica in 1995.
>>
>>1288542
The draft resolution, seen by RFE/RL, also calls for the condemnation of any denial of the genocide in Srebrenica and encourages UN members to establish educational programs to prevent future manifestations of revisionism and genocide.

The Serbian people, as well as collective responsibility, are not directly mentioned in this document, which was initiated by Germany and Rwanda. All 193 UN member countries are expected to have their say on the resolution at the UN General Assembly early next month.

Dodik already threatened last week that if the resolution is adopted, "Republika Srpska will withdraw from the decision-making process in Bosnia."

Government representatives from Serbia, including Ana Brnabic, the speaker of the Serbian parliament, and Nikola Selakovic, the acting minister for labor, employment, veterans and social affairs, also attended the rally in Banja Luka. Brnabic said Serbia was in favor of respecting the Dayton accords signed in 1995 bringing an end to the Bosnian War.

"Today in Serbia, there are people in power who will always be with Republika Srpska and with our people. We don't have to think the same, but we will always be together. The harder it gets, the closer we will be," she said.

People attending the rally carried the flags of Republika Srpska and Serbia. Some also held posters bearing the image of Russian President Vladimir Putin. A photo of Ratko Mladic, the Bosnian Serbs' military commander who was also sentenced to life for his role in the genocide, was on one of the banners.

Hundreds of people who attended the rally were bused in from Serbia.
>>
>>1288542
I guess Dodik must have missed watching the numerous trials of various war criminals who were proven to have committed genocide in Kosovo in the 90s.
>>
>>1288549
What's worse, even if he didn't, he'd still celebrate them because... well, quite frankly, I can't think of any reason other than heritage or something like that. Serbs are a weird breed, and I'm one of them
>>
OP here, I know I'm not supposed to request anything but is there a draft of the resolution regarding the Srebrenica genocide that I can find and read? A number of news outlets said that it makes no mention of the perpetrators (i.e. Serbs), so I just want to confirm it
>>
>>1288542
>Sometimes I hate that I have a passport which ties me to Republika Srpska, for I absolutely condone anything Dodik does
Condone means you support it, anon
>>
>>1289634
Yup, you're absolutely right, I'm drunk
The word I was looking for was "condemn"
I can't help that the two words are too similar
>>
>>1288596
>What's worse, even if he didn't, he'd still celebrate them because... well, quite frankly, I can't think of any reason other than heritage or something like that. Serbs are a weird breed, and I'm one of them
We Serbs are the only people in this region that have extradited everyone NATO/Hague requested in order to cozy up to the west. We have freed the Albanian prisoners after the Kosovo war ended even though there have been some insane cutthroat criminals in the cells.
We are called genocidal even though Srebrenica is nothing but a war crime (and at that, a response to Bosniak war crimes).
Even though there's plenty of actual genocides - on our side as well. They've picked Srebrenica because it's the one that could be lied about the easiest. Serbs came in and shot everyone, end of story.
Sure, it's a war crime. But since I know what happened in this region and that the other sides got away with their shit, you will never catch me apologising for it or caring about it. For fucks sake, the opposing side had Chechens, Somalis, Syrians, Iranians and whatever else raping and burning there ON INVITATION by Bosniaks.
>>
>>1290286
So I really fail to see why you say what you say. Others in this region legalised and celebrate their war crimes without thinking twice. You will never be seen as fellow by the west, I don't see the point in trying, you're a traitor to us and you're nothing but trash to them. One day you'll realise that trying to paint yourself as the "better sort" is one of the most low things you can do.
>>
>>1290288
Reminder that nobody is calling us genocidal but politicians like dickless Dodik and Vučić the faggot
Also killing Bosniaks because they killed our people is not an excuse to kill 8,000 people in Srebrenica, never mind in other regions and by other nations
All I wanted to say is that we need to reconcile with the past, never do this again, and move on
This isn't about being the "better sort", it's about acknowledging the horrible past our nations had (and still have thanks to you-know-who)
>>
>>1290290
>Reminder that nobody is calling us genocidal
Calling us genocidal is Bosniak's natural past time. It's their language. I have never heard anyone call Bosniaks genocidal, we simply don't use the term.
>Also killing Bosniaks because they killed our people is not an excuse to kill 8,000 people in Srebrenica,
We killed soldiers there. BTW, Srebrenica was supposed to be an UN DMZ. So Bosniaks weren't supposed to be there, let alone commit massacres in the surrounding villages.
The number was pumped up to be 8.000 and it was spinned as a genocide so Operation Deliberate Force could be se executed.
I don't want people dying either. But let's talk facts.
>never mind in other regions and by other nations
Other nations celebrate their war crimes and/or genocides while Serbs extradite their own generals, sometimes innocent, and generally have varying opinions.
>All I wanted to say is that we need to reconcile with the past
Nobody in Serbia gives a shit about the past, lol. Nobody will touch a Bosniak, Croat or an American. Nobody cares. Bosnia is the only region that cares about the war daily.
>never do this again
Sure. I wouldn't.
>and move on
We moved on.
>it's about acknowledging the horrible past our nations had
OK, I will apologise when I see Albanians, Bosniaks and Croats apologise. Serbia already did too much for nothing.
>>
>>1290294
I can see what you mean, but at the end of the day, I often think that I'm only a Bosnian who is by pure coincidence a Serb
>>
>>1290295
Why do you think people don't/didn't think like you? There's plenty that do. I thought like you too - OK, a compromise there, OK, apology will do there, OK, maybe we are at fault for everything, maybe the west had a point, and ad infinitum, but at some point you will see that your enemies hate you regardless of this. They really just want you gone. I've went through a similiar phase.
This new resolution (even though they've agreed Milosevic didn't know about Srebrenica) serves to further colonise Serbia itself. You will read about how bad we are, how good others are and you'll be forced to kneel for George Floyd, eventually.
Else, why rile an old, already solved case?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.