[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IvqjjHa.jpg (263 KB, 999x1600)
263 KB
263 KB JPG
>they used to serve McDonald's Happy Meals on United flights.
we used to be a real country
>>
File: Av1pbz5.jpg (308 KB, 1186x1600)
308 KB
308 KB JPG
retvrn
>>
>>1985927
>Châteaubriant and McDonald's in the same sentence
America deserves to be nuked mercilessly
>>
>>1985927
>meal
>tiny burger and a pile of useless sugary shit
Glad it's gone
>>
>>1985927
Is Ronald going to crash into Manhattan?
>>
>>1985932
>they knew
>>
>>1985926
>we used to be a real country
Zoomers BTFO
>>
>>1985927
>Eating processed goyslop while being irradiated

America is truly a country
>>
File: 1327921809919.jpg (73 KB, 604x452)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>On some flights, McDonald's Friendly Skies Meals will include macaroni and cheese or other fun food instead of a cheeseburger.
>>
File: 1555290581801.png (151 KB, 632x768)
151 KB
151 KB PNG
>>1985927
>no fries
>no McNuggets
>only milk to drink
What's the point?
>>
>>1986013
>happy meals connoisseur
>>
File: IMG_1629.jpg (45 KB, 404x427)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
Imagine the smell
>>
>>1985932
Yep, that's why he inputted the name of the restaurant in the North Tower into the flight computer in that picture. Not being a Mcdonalds, it was his real target
>>
File: Rifi.gif (199 KB, 640x272)
199 KB
199 KB GIF
>>1985927
I wished their cheeseburgers looked like that when you buy them.
>>
>>
>>1986304
"Honk, honk!"
>>
>>1986304
Terrain. Pull up
>>
>>1985926
>>1985927
Oh fuck I actually remember this, never had it but I definitely bugged my parents trying to get them to do it when we were flying somewhere on United.
>>
File: albini.jpg (43 KB, 1000x500)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>1985926
>>1985927
>>
>>1986304
>>1986336
why did he gaan?
>>
Can't the planes just fit automated kitchens now? I want freshly cooked food. Not warmed up stuff.
>>
>>1985928
spoken by a faggot who has never tasted true freedom
>>
>>1985926
I honestly don't understand why this sort of thing (useing name brand food for in flight catering) isn't more common. I can't imagine it's any more expensive, and I imagine for a lot of implementations the logistics are probably easier. Benefits include a hightened sense of familiarity for the customer as well as the food probably being better than whatever dogshit they've got on the normal menu.
I remember one time when I was a kid, for whatever reason they had instant ramen as a backup meal on a flight my parents took me on and it was incredibly good, since ramen doesn't have the problem a lot of other food does when it comes to reduced sense of smell at altitude, and the fact that it was just really warm and comforting was excellent. From a logistic standpoint that must also be incredibly easy since it's just a pre-packaged, unrefridgerated thing plus hot water, no need for anything like a microwave.
>>
>>1985926
>$129 each way, 1991 dollars
>$600 round trip cost today
Today you can get airfare for almost half that cost (on the same airline, not even a competition with Spirit), and yes, the service is worse, but you get what you pay for. Back in the comfy days airfare was so expensive only quality white people could afford to fly, which is why things were so nice.
>>
>>1992815
You need to inflate using %GDP not CPI. Even GDP/cap is incorrect for luxury goods like air travel in the past.

Fucksake learn how capital, wages and profits work.
>>
>>1992815
>Back in the comfy days airfare was so expensive only quality white people could afford to fly, which is why things were so nice.
Not arguing this, but also remember a lot of things used to be included that aren't anymore. Seat selection wasn't a "luxury", almost everybody gave you at least 1 free bag, carry-ons were unregulated, priority boarding wasn't a thing, etc. Add all that on to your basic United economy fare and you'll find it works out to at least $600 round trip.

Now we have people who can't afford to be flying burning up what little savings they have because the priceline commercial told them that they and their 7 kids deserve a vacation, while making flying a living hell for literally everyone else involved.
>>
>>1992818
>You need to inflate using %GDP
What does microsoft and google spending has to do with the affordability of air travel for the common man?
>Fucksake learn how capital, wages and profits work.
Marxist/Keynsian economists are the last people to listen to about economics.
>>
>>1992885
I think you are overestimating the amount of additional cost for the services that have been monetized, but that has allowed the creation of a flying nigger class which opts out of those 'luxuries'. Still, when you look at the overall cost of tickets since 1990 has trended down, even as the cost of fuel has gone up, which of course is a major driver of cost. We are left with a cheaper, lower quality product; just like most things we buy today.
https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/inflation/airfare-inflation/
https://www.statista.com/statistics/204740/retail-price-of-gasoline-in-the-united-states-since-1990/

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.