[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: there.jpg (2.91 MB, 2032x1524)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB JPG
/drt/ Daily Ride Thread - Springo edition
Old thread: >>1955932

Looks to be a beautiful DAY!!
You have no excusesnow!
>>
File: home.jpg (2.83 MB, 2032x1524)
2.83 MB
2.83 MB JPG
learnto,,,post youretard!
>>
File: heatup.jpg (2.67 MB, 2066x1380)
2.67 MB
2.67 MB JPG
restday.
>>
>>1972125
what I wouldn't give to be someone's rich, retarded child

beautiful photos
>>
>>1973076
Bacon's rich?
>>
>>1973102
That hand cycle of his probably cost a pretty penny

Plus he owns a gun

From those two items alone we can assume his net worth is about 100,000x higher than the average /n/EET
>>
File: snowshower.jpg (2.68 MB, 2003x1562)
2.68 MB
2.68 MB JPG
>>1973102
Blessed,,,beyoundreams!,why God made this universe for meandyou?,,,idont know buthankyou!
>>1973103
>hand cycle
>guns,,,,lots of gunsand bullets.
,,,gifts i never payed for.,
,,,,,,yes,iam RICH in whatineed,,food,,lodging,,life love.,
,,,money?--950$ neet bucksevery month,,,from YOU!!! THANKYOU!,600 to rent,,,150 to food,,,100 totithe,,leaves me 100$ CRAZYCASH!,,more then i deserve.,
,youve also payed for my hospital visitsthat must be VERY costly!,,and the medical transport fit for themperor!,
,,,,,,,,,,,and thexperiences!!
,ive met andone SOMANY!,,horses,,,hummingbirds,,, BillGates,,,Steve jobs,,BillCosby----etc.
,,,,goto be there for births,,,andBirths!,
,AI,,,,charge coupledevices,,,asteroid finding computers,,,,ive held the surface of the Sun in the palm of my Hand!,
,,,Dali Lama would come by almost daily when i 'worked as a ranch dog at a Llama ranch,,WAVE!!,
,,,somuchlife!!
,,ok,,enough bragging.,
,,,,,,ok,ok,lasthing,,in my DEEPest worst time,,ventilator up my right nostril,,feeding tub up theleft,,veins blown from so many needleso they started cutting down to find them,going to the subclavian vein( i assisted as well as with trachiostomy,,nasogastric tubs etc),,deathanging close,,,!Jesus! came in person,,gave mean oiltanker filled with LIFE!.
,thanks all to God.
pic>myshower.
>>
>>1973103
gun ownership is as plebian as it comes. not casting aspersions, mind
>>
Have a utilitarian ride today. Was meant to be a rest day but I have been recruited to go to a house inspection and facetime friends while I'm there to show them about so I've got to cycle about an hour there and back
Just got new tubes but road tyres aren't here yet so I'll take the backroads and have one final hurrah with my gravel tyres with some nice light aerobic training
>>
-50 windchill now, I think I shall stay indoors. Hands did not like shoveling the driveway, and the front of my legs started going numb, had to warm up once before finishing.
>>
>>1972124
still sick long covid killed lungs
>>
>>1973129
god bless you baconrider
>>
>>1973323
Anyone who talks about long covid is a munchie liar and may as well be talking about chronic fatigue or being poisoned by invisible elves.
>>
>>1973334
>things I don't like don't exist
>>
>>1973334
i relapse literally every 2 weeks even when i quarantine alone away from my family and never go outside.
>>
File: owater.jpg (3.63 MB, 2632x1974)
3.63 MB
3.63 MB JPG
>>1973494
ilove,,,trike., can go superslow.,justaround the yard.,
,,ya,my yard is 4500 feets of trail,,,some up steephill, so just do the forest part,,, but ANY RIDE helps the little graycells wiggle.,
,,,Praying for YOURECOVERY!,
,,,,,,,comeon,,justsiton the bike alittle.
>>
File: snow.jpg (1.39 MB, 2128x2837)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB JPG
This was a short ride just to check out yesterday's snow. It's excellent. My bike is always sliding at least one wheel but stays steady. Super fun.
>>
File: cathedral.jpg (2.72 MB, 2032x1423)
2.72 MB
2.72 MB JPG
>>1973332
>>
File: steamy.jpg (2.86 MB, 2717x1066)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB JPG
windblastingass,,,blew meto Church,,then calmhome.
>>
File: fluffed.jpg (971 KB, 1293x792)
971 KB
971 KB JPG
>>
File: applebits.jpg (3.65 MB, 1866x1535)
3.65 MB
3.65 MB JPG
>>
File: 1689393452998500.jpg (23 KB, 655x468)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>mentally feel like shit all day until I go out and ride
>feel great
>physically feel like shit rest of day until damn near 2000 at night regardless of what time I went out

I hate it so fucking much
>>
File: 1484129978742.jpg (27 KB, 673x586)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>20+mph winds today (didn't bother to check since it was nice out)
>gusts must have been around 30
>have deep section wheels
>there were a few times where the wind caught my wheel just right and I thought I was going to crash
>head wind was absolutely brutal which I had for most of my ride

I can't remember the last time I had so little fun out on the bike
>>
File: mmexport1705785789083.jpg (280 KB, 1080x1440)
280 KB
280 KB JPG
We had a good 4-6 inches of snow on the trail today but I had some new tires on a very old bike and was determined to ride, so I just refused to quit. Did about 2 hours and enjoyed it very much, but found in the last 30 minutes that the sun was melting the snow a bit which made it significantly less fluffy and easy to ride through. And my damn seat kept sliding down ever so slowly so I had to readjust it every ten minutes. This is what happens when you revive bikes after 15 years in the basement, I guess. Everything is sorted now so on the group ride tomorrow I shouldn't have an difficulties.
>>
Finally warmed up to -9C today after 16 days in a row of miserable weather.
>>
>road cyclist
>started to bike to work for reasons (not a dui)
>commute to work in the morning, get my ride in after work and then bike home (saves me a bit of time so I don't have to drive home and get ready to bike)
>supposed to be 25F tomorrow
>never rode in anything that cold
>plant to layer arm/leg warmers under LS jersery/light jacket and winter bibs
>have stuff for my face and head
>still question how effective everything is going to be

It's a short ride, only about 8 miles but I would lying to say I wasn't nervous, what about I don't know. I figure I'll layer up and bike hard to keep warm but I absolutely hate the cold so maybe that's the nerves. I could get a ride in but I want to be able to say I've biked in 20 degree weather to know I can do it.
>>
>>1975132
make sure you have good gloves, socks, and a headscarf that fits under a helmet, you can fashion any square cloth into one. I love the cold and even I get miserable when my hands and feet feel like ice. Your core will stay warm, you might even overheat if you overlayer and push too hard. Remember, protect your hands, feet, neck, and ears if you want to feel really warm.
>>
>>1975136
I got some decently thick gloves but only have shoe covers for my feet and normal cycling socks, maybe I should wear two pairs?
>>
>>1975132
if you're riding in those temperatures and don't have a plan B like being able to call an uber, you need to have hand warmers of some kind, chemical maybe or the zippo things. trying to handle even the slightest mechanical issue is next to impossible when your hands go numb within 45 seconds (keep in mind wind chill and your fingers will probably already be somewhat cold inside the gloves before the gloves have to come off)
>>
>>1975132
You'll need a jacket that keeps the wind out and some gloves. That's it.
>>
File: 1705886651440.jpg (1.77 MB, 3264x2448)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB JPG
I think this was last friday
What is the ultimate aliexpress rain jacket? The rockbros TPU/nylon I own is good for mid-to-heavy rains, but it cooks me alive on any less intense rainfall
>>
>>1975132
I chickened out and ended up getting a ride. I regret it and wish I had rode in. Lesson learned.
>>
>tfw literally in the mountains and it doesn't get colder than 5 deg C
fuck this gay earth
>>
>>1973698
i thought you just had snow
>>
>>1975138
>maybe I should wear two pairs?
This is often a trap when it comes to winter wear. Two pairs of socks makes sense if your shoes are loose enough but most of us wear shoes that's fit for one sock, so two socks might be thick enough to restrict bloodflow, leaving your feet colder than just wearing one sock. It's better to wear one insulated sock than two regular socks, if your shoes/boots don't have the space
>>
File: bIMG_4155.jpg (423 KB, 912x1337)
423 KB
423 KB JPG
>>1975138
When its not quite winter boot season I put thick thermal socks over my shoes (made a cleat hole) and my Goretex rain covers on top of those.

Those thermal socks are kind of unusual. They are super stretchy and the inside is like a plastic cotton candy. I think they are Heat Holders Ultra Lite, but mine were sold under a different brand.
>>
File: bIMG_0879.jpg (179 KB, 1300x975)
179 KB
179 KB JPG
Tonight I finally made an after dark pass through the park where they replaced the sodium lights with LEDs. They did a shit job of it. The lights are ridiculously bright but have a very poor lateral beam width, so you alternate between being blinded and compete darkness. Also they picked 5000K LEDs when 3000K is pretty much standard for outdoor lighting aside from industrial lots. Manufacturers have many fixture variations with different optics, its just a matter of picking the right one from the catalog based on the ground you need to cover.

There is a nearby park run by a different level of government and their lighting is infinitely better. The light dims between light poles but no dark spots. In that park you can constantly seem the path surface even if you didn't have a headlight. I guess they had a measuring tape to see how far apart their poles were.
>>
File: injection.jpg (2.38 MB, 1800x2170)
2.38 MB
2.38 MB JPG
>>1975528
>>>1973818
>>
First ride of the year, first ride since September since I sprained my ankle running and slowly became more of a recluse/unstable. Feels really good to not be depressed, this bike has been sitting in a trainer for the past four months and it feels good to go outside again. Had to replace sealant which was a bitch since the tires didn't want to seat, and clean up my shifters which had been covered in corrosion. I looked up the sl-6207 manual and only just realized I have had these shifters put together incorrectly for the past 4 years because I am a retard. It shifts so much better now. I took the rack off too because I am so tired of running a basket due to it digging into my fingers when on the drops, I want to find a solution for that so I can carry a banana and another bottle of water.
It was so weird not using the trainer, though. the bars felt so light it was like my headset was loose. i had considered going for a lower RR tire, but really I think Gk's are pretty great. They really don't feel slow at all and are pretty comfy, as well as doing pretty well off road.
>>
>>1975645
tiny ass photo, i'm dumm
>>
>>1975645
glad you were able to get outside again. what are those pedals? something by MKS?
>>
>>1975653
yeah, mks touring light. i got them for like 30 bucks on ebay and i think i quite like them.
>>
File: bIMG_0889.jpg (254 KB, 1200x900)
254 KB
254 KB JPG
Frosty trees today after a misty fog last night. The city started spreading a lot of salt with the warm weather arriving. The effort that is going to be required to clean the bike after ride hardly makes it worth riding. Maybe I'll ride at night or early morning until conditions improve.
>>
>>1975132
What really helped me were the gloves from a military surplus store. Double layer of cover for ears with a fleece snood over my usual beanie, sort of a triangle where they overlap. That's bout it. No contact pedals tho, put on the toeclips and sported treking boots that's about it. Was sweaty af. Don't think, ride bla bla
>>
>>1975898
For winter riding I always have to dress lightly enough that I freeze my ass if I need to stop for more than a few minutes. Otherwise its sweat city. A good wind shell helps, before I got a Windstopper jacket I needed an extra layer to keep the wind from getting through.

One trick that helps with keeping the upper body warm without overheating is wrapping a scarf around your stomach. During exercise blow flow is reduced to the digestive tract so your stomach can get ice cold. So it needs a bit more insulation than the upper torso.
>>
File: IMG_20240126_185504.jpg (3.72 MB, 4000x3000)
3.72 MB
3.72 MB JPG
bought this used off an old man a few months ago. came with knobbies and AliExpress wellgo single sided mtb cleat pedals

he sold it because it was longer than his campervan was wide

i just got the new slicks and TPU tubes in and adjusted the chains, brakes, shifting. Took it out on the road solo today on an errand about 20km. Will ride it 60 tomorrow. If all goes well ill get my coworker on the back and we'll commute on it
>>
>>1976016
>dt shifter with push push shifter'
What the heck are the logistics of cabling one of these things? Are they really fun to ride...by yourself?
>>
>>1976099
>cabling
so the running gear is super simple
2x8
indexed rear mech
downtube friction shifter for front mech
front bottom bracket is eccentric

the rear shifter is squishy which I think is probably due to how long the cable run is and maybe some muck in the sheath. However theres minimal sheath the cables run along the top tube with lugs most of the way.

i just realised i put the front wheel on backwards after changing the tyre

> Are they really fun to ride...by yourself?
So i've had a few people hop on with me for test rides when i had just bought it. You have to do everything slowly to communicate that to the person behind you. So no turning on a dime or starting or stopping pedalling on a dime, everything needs to be choreographed. If you turn too fast the bike lean throws the stoker in the other direction and then you get this oscillating wobble.

im putting some distance on it on my own just to get a feel for the gears and any possible problems before i load it up with 2 for a long ride. It rides fine, you can barely feel the road with the tyres, the flex in the frame and the wheelbase. I'm gonna pump them up more today, i was running maybe 40PSI im gonna bring them up to 60 since the road was so soft i could run them a lot harder.
>>
File: hotline.webm (2.57 MB, 486x864)
2.57 MB
2.57 MB WEBM
don't try this at home kids
do it outside
>>
Just some city fun riding
>>
>>1976163
looks like 9/11
>>
>>1976163
Always surprised by how little traffic there is in NYC on these larger roads.
>>
File: froggy.webm (2.91 MB, 306x544)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB WEBM
>>1976473
it kinda does doesn't it? It's just fog from unusually warm air after an arctic freeze.
>>1976478
Chicago, the traffic here is nowhere close to the levels of NYC. Most of Chicago looks and feels like Brooklyn or Queens. Even The Loop doesn't get anywhere close to the grid lock Manhatten sees. The density of NYC is like 4x greater than Chicago riplmao
>>
>>1976514
why are there so many parked vehicles on the bus lane?
>>
>>1976527
Welcome to Chicago
>>
File: bIMG_2527.jpg (256 KB, 1200x900)
256 KB
256 KB JPG
Squeak from the front wheel on my fat bike for all of yesterday's ride. Turns out the brake pad broke free of the mounting plate. I had far more trouble than usual getting the new pair to not rub.

The rear studded tire on my mountain bike is disintegrating. It was vibrating like crazy on my last few rides when getting to a higher speed.
>>
Got to ride without a balaclava today which was nice. Instead I got to deal with dirty road spray hitting my glasses and making a complete mess of the bike. Going to have to spray the bike off and relube / clean rotors after every ride this week. Also have to lock screen on the Garmin or it starts going nuts after a while.

Not a ton of loose brown snow on the side streets yet. That stuff gives you the ever fun front wheel pointing off in at 45 degree angle in an instant while riding demanding a very quick correction.
>>
File: close.jpg (3.93 MB, 2032x1524)
3.93 MB
3.93 MB JPG
candrainsuds,,,im close,,they cant befar!!
>>
>>1976772
>you can lock the touch screen

Son of a bitch I didn't know that, this would have saved me so much anger watching that fucking screen bug out in rain and sweat.
>>
>>1976809
Even locking it sometimes by the end of a ride my Edge 830 touchscreen gives up and won't respond to any touches so I can't even save the ride. Often putting it to sleep and waking it back up with get the screen working again. A few times I have to hold the power button until it shuts down and turn it back on.
>>
File: 1000005695.jpg (2.12 MB, 4032x2268)
2.12 MB
2.12 MB JPG
I am going to ride my bike today. It's been 10-20F and wet, still no fenders. But today is dry at least. I find it tough to leave the house lately so I'm just getting after it.
>>
>>1976873
I got a flat and walked 3 miles home
>>
>>1976886
You should always ride with a pump and patch kit. 3 miles is on the verge that you might rather just walk it than faffing about with tyres on the side of the road, particularly if its wet or snowy.
>>
>>1976901
Thanks for the tip
>>
File: fountain.webm (2.73 MB, 640x360)
2.73 MB
2.73 MB WEBM
+10C the next 3 days, very messy roads. Saw a fountain bubbling away on the storm channel. Water level under the ice is probably rising with all the melt going down the drains.
>>
File: foto_no_exif.jpg (596 KB, 1920x1080)
596 KB
596 KB JPG
>>1972124
I'm riding across the country hobo style, I'm currently surrounded by n*ggers as far as the eye can see. You cant even imagine such darkness. I found some anti n*gger graffiti and prayed to it, may it give me strength.. I now ride on into the night, to escape the n*ggers.
>>
I'm a road cyclist and I've been cycling to work since I can't drive TO WORK (speed related) and I absolutely fucking hate it. I typically bike to work, change and then after work get a ride in a go home but something about it, I can't explain it I hate it so much. I'm getting in the same miles and the same route I'm even saving time by not having to drive home then bike to my route but god damn I hate it so fucking much. It's making me hate cycling even the ride after work. I can't even justify a day off because "I'm already here near the route". This shit is quickly killing my love of cycling and I don't know why. At least I should be able to drive TO WORK again soon, hopefully.
>>
>>1976960
>cagebrain indoctrination
>>
File: highroad.jpg (1.15 MB, 3088x2320)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB JPG
>>1976960
confused,,,,,,,,,
>>
>>1976960
i love riding to work.
you and me are not the same
>>
File: munchers.jpg (2.15 MB, 2003x1321)
2.15 MB
2.15 MB JPG
>>1976917
icouldnt,,,decide between fish,,,orenchilada?,
,,,soihad Both,,praying youeatwell.
>>
>>1976960
If you want help you're giving us nothing to go on.
I love riding to work, makes my day better and relaxes me, makes the slog easier since I "did something"
>>
File: 20240131_143508.jpg (1.19 MB, 2419x1360)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB JPG
rode around the lake and some
>>
Getting up to +11C yesterday got us past the loose brown snow phase to a more bike friendly ice on the side streets. Since the snow base wasn't thick to begin with its quickly getting down to bare pavement everywhere. The streets might even start drying off. Definitely a lot less road spray today.
>>
the white trash express is now boarding

https://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1706734406301485.webm
https://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1706734529819099.webm
>>
>>1976971
>>1976987
I just wanted to vent, I attribute it due to the cold. It's typically 30-40 when I ride and I absolutely fucking hate the cold. I'm the type that loves it when it's 80+ outside with a ton of humidity. I consider anything under 70 to be cold. If it was warm I would be all for it. Even in the afternoon when I ride it's in the 50-60 range which is nice but it's still cold. I bundle up just fine and everything, but it still gets to me.

tl;dr skill issue
>>
Short ride today up near the old high school.
Saw 3-4 other bicyclists and probably 300 cars.
>>1977182
They make those heated vest/jackets, and I know an anon has diy heated gloves somewhere.
>>
File: 384x288 - Copy.webm (3.8 MB, 384x288)
3.8 MB
3.8 MB WEBM
>>1972124
4mb limit rip
>>1977174
+1 for Elvis, I been to Graceland before
>>
File: cockrider.jpg (2.81 MB, 4032x3024)
2.81 MB
2.81 MB JPG
>>1972124
back on my bullshit
>>
Sorry, no photo. God high off my vape pen and went for a nice chilly ride in 50f weather. Did 30km which felt like a lot since I havent biked in months but god damn, I felt so fucking good riding. The speed, weather, air, bike, myself, whatever, all felt so good. I felt so insync. Did some road riding and a light trail for a little bit. Was gassed out at the end since its been so long but damn if I dont feel so energized right now!
>>
File: 1638742845291.jpg (66 KB, 1280x720)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>haven't bothered to check Strava for some time
>felt slow this week
>reviewing it today
>multiple PRs and even a KoM yesterday

I'm honestly flabbergasted
>>
Someone fucking explain to me how biking in 55F weather feels worse than 33F weather? Is it because I'm more bundled up? Should I maybe look into a wind jacket to wear when it's breezy and chilly?

It should be noted the above excludes fingers and the nose once the face cover becomes too wet/makes it hard to breathe
>>
>>1977409
Two parts to explain I think, first are conditions, there could be more humidity and wind in those conditions for your area. Second I think is body vapor. Sweat creates damp conditions inside a jacket reducing its insulating properties. The two combined makes for some miserable conditions if not geared properly. I ride a bike all day, every day, and some of the hardest conditions are like 35-40F rain.

Also, just because conditions say ambient temperature is 55F, if it's been 30F all week, air temperature is going to be closer to 40F. Mix that with turbulent air caused by rapid temperature gradients and you have high speed, humid, cold wind vs calm cold dry air
>>
>>1977409
>the wind makes me cold
>should i get a windbreaker

>biking makes me thirsty
>should i bring water?
>>
4 more above freezing days before we slide into just below freezing daytime highs again. With luck the next few days will clear out most of the side street ice. There were many patches of really slick ice this morning. I could avoid most of it if I didn't take such convoluted random routes.
>>
File: hispanicelvis.png (2.24 MB, 960x1280)
2.24 MB
2.24 MB PNG
>>1977174
>yo hermano llorar en el barrio
>>
>>1977502
you just need to hit craigslist and build up a cheapo ice bike with studded tires duder..

besides, you don't want all that salt and muck up in your good ride.
>>
>>1977528
I've got studded tires, its just we are at the stage of melting where the ice that forms at night is glass smooth with no texture. Studs can't get much traction on that kind of ice.
>>
File: 1649523181258.jpg (120 KB, 1432x785)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>finish ride today
>pull up to apartment door
>unclip right foot and go to set it on the ground
>somehow start falling to the left
>can't save it
>eat shit and scrape my knee
>this is the first time this has ever happened since I started cycling in 2016
>>
>>1977575
lol noob! you should practice on grass before you hurt yourself silly noob!
>>
>>1977575
Failed clip out is a classic noob mistake. If you have been riding clipless for a while you may have just gotten complacent and it finally bit you 8 years later.

I fell twice or more when I was 12 with clipless.
>>
>>1977594
>>1977596
I've been using clipless for just as long. I'll blame the fact I was distracted by the packages sitting in front of my door.
>>
It had been so nice and sunny all week. But now its fog and near 100% humidity. On the up side, the above freezing temperatures have been extended into most of next week.
>>
>>1976016
Fuck yeah another tandem anon!
Post more pics of the ride, slicks are a good pick, bike looks super clean.
>>1976099
NTA but of course it's more fun when you have a stoker that's in tune with you. Have put hundreds of km of tandem with gf, it's our favorite activity..
>>1976873
...what's the deal with that stem ??
>>1977391
This is like looking at a PT cruiser that's been riced out for road racing, drivetrain alone had to cost more than the bike
>>1977574
>>1977528
Best thing to do is crotch up on the cockpit and slam the rear brake to get drifts for days.
>>
My rear hub is making a sound like water got in there and ruined the grease so I'll have to take that apart tonight. The pedal threads on my right crankarm decided to spontaneously self destruct. I might just JB Weld the fucker.
>>
>>1977809
Managed to repack the hub before it got too bad. Took longer than usual. First some bearings got knocked into the middle of the hub and didn't want to come out. Then I lost 2 bearings, I found them stuck to the magnet on the work light I was using that I had moved to a different spot.

Drive side crank is off the bike in out of the cold while the JB Weld cures. Never being able to remove that pedal again shouldn't be a problem.
>>
File: bIMG_2531.jpg (507 KB, 1300x1467)
507 KB
507 KB JPG
Good news the pedal repair held.
>>
File: bIMG_2533.jpg (745 KB, 1300x975)
745 KB
745 KB JPG
Bad news, I had a quite the flat mid-ride. Loud bang, instantly riding on the rim, then as I'm braking the pedals lock up. Called for a ride, didn't feel like even trying to fix that in the wet cold.
>>
File: IMG_0133.jpg (3.17 MB, 4032x3024)
3.17 MB
3.17 MB JPG
>>1977959
Whatin,,,Spagetii??
>>
>>1974630
why do people fall for the deep wheel meme
>>1977575
sucks
>>1977959
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA hows this even happen
>>1977969
stay warm
>>
>>1977959
lmao
that's a new one for me.
I don't think you can patch that tube.
>>1977969
It snows where you are? huh, looks like a high desert.
>>
File: bIMG_2536.jpg (949 KB, 1800x1350)
949 KB
949 KB JPG
>>1977959
Calling for a ride was the correct choice, there's no way I would have fixed that on the road. The tube was wrapped around the cassette 3 times on the gears and another 2 times behind the cassette stretched very tightly. I needed to remove the cassette to get the stretched tube out. The tube behind the cassette was pressing against the cassette enough the lockring didn't want to come off and the freehub couldn't spin. I had to unwind some of the tube behind the cassette to take some of the pressure off.

I'm guessing the blown out section was the initial flat. Then somehow the tube got snapped in half near the valve. I wonder if I had the tube pinched when I put it in the tire. The tire I'm using now is smaller than the one I had been using. Its been 200 km since I put that tire on, I figure a pinch would have flatted on the first ride if that was it.
>>
>>1977991
when I pinch tubes it fails on the first inflation and I feel bad.
>>
>>1977991
iunno what happened here but all I can say is you're doing it wrong
>>
Split my tyre a few weeks back and went back to tubes for a while cause I hate setting up tubeless on fresh tyres. I was getting too many punctures though so I cracked and bought one of those airshot pressure cannisters that you pump up when release into the tyre
Dont usually like buying bike tech things when it's 'doable' without them but i was amazed at how much easier setting up tubeless was with it so im glad i got it now
hopefully its all done nicely it seems to be seated just fine and i can go for a ride this evening
>>
I'm ready for it to be hot again. I'll take 90F with 100% humidity over 60 any day.
>>
>>1978151
I wish it'd stay 60F year round.
>>
>>1977575

It happens. Especially at very low speeds
>>
File: bIMG_2538.jpg (526 KB, 1500x1125)
526 KB
526 KB JPG
>sigh.....

Since the first tube was so obliterated I was concerned I may not have addressed the cause of the puncture. I didn't feel anything in the tire or on the rim. Then while I'm out I get a slow flat after about an hour. Fix that and start heading home and get another blow out a few km later.

I think the big problem is that my rim is narrow and the bead on the Schwalbe Marathon Winter tire is really thick so they don't play nice. In the event of a blowout the tire comes off the rim immediately and the tube slips out. Then a feature of the Surly Troll frame comes into play. For versatility the frame has v-brake bosses and a disc brake tab. The v-brake bosses are the perfect little hooks to grab the tube when it falls out.

The tube from today's first flat has a hole on the rim side near the valve hole. But I'm not going to take a chance on that rim / tire combo again. I'll throw the studded tires on my touring bike and use that instead. Its probably been about 8 years since I took that out in the winter.
>>
File: 46541351.webm (3.56 MB, 480x360)
3.56 MB
3.56 MB WEBM
redbull gives you wings
>>
>cycle a lot (100+ miles a week)
>legs are always tired/sore
>restless legs especially at night
>try a bunch of different stretches/drink more water/more off days etc
>nothing seems to help
>decided to buy a pair of compression tights specially for recovery
>decided to sleep in them
>all my leg issues literally disappear over night
>legs now feel normal all the time

Holy fuck bros I should have bought some years ago.
>>
>>1976514
i visited an old friend in chicago and we rode all over the city. i couldn't believe what a great city for cycling it was. there's so much space on the roads, people drive relatively sedately for a big city, it's super flat. obviously the weather gets nasty, but other than that i was really impressed.
>>
I've been wearing glasses with clear lenses while it's really cold out (33-35F) with my neck gaiter over my mouth/nose but I always end up dropping it since the glasses fog no matter what I do. Should I drop the glasses and keep the neck gaiter pulled over my nose? I don't know what cold eyes would feel like but I can assume it's not as bad as cold nose and since my clear lenses are messed up I would have better visibility in the dark unless the cold makes my contacts freeze to my eyes or some shit. There's also not really a safe spot to stop for awhile so I would just have to deal with what ever happens.
>>
File: IMG_0149.jpg (2.73 MB, 4032x3024)
2.73 MB
2.73 MB JPG
>>
>>1978517
Spit in your glasses and wipe them dry, or buy some FogX to wipe on the lenses.. or buy glasses with a foam gasket designed to prevent this
>>
File: pLwhnqsQCz.webm (3.65 MB, 864x486)
3.65 MB
3.65 MB WEBM
>>
File: hi.jpg (629 KB, 1240x804)
629 KB
629 KB JPG
It was a great day to ride. Cold means more grip. A random drunk cheered me on during the last climb.
>>
>>1978634
where are we here? boring, is this you?
>>
>>1978670
very cool terrain
>>
File: 0.webm (3.7 MB, 1920x1080)
3.7 MB
3.7 MB WEBM
>>1978385
glad you enjoyed our city, the weather can get nasty but this year has been real mild
>>1978758
yeah it's me boring, same city. The big building across the river is Merchandise Mart. Everyone likes to boast about tall buildings but nobody really talks about massive ones. Merchandise Mart spans a whole block, 25 floors tall, 4 fuckin million square feet of floor space, and there's a train station inside it. I've gotten lost making deliveries to the mid section of the building, it's like a freakin maze. On my list of favorite buildings in this city
>>
>>1978787
here in Atlanta we have Americas Mart downtown and it's also massive, although it's a series of buildings connected by walkways over both sides of Peachtree, and on the east side the connected basement is a food court and mini mall with a train station under it.
I used to take deliveries to a client there but you don't really get to wander around, other than the basement thing it's not open to the public and there's a security check and one of those badges that invalidates with red lines through it after 20 minutes or whatever.
this was 02, 03 when you could still be a document messenger, although it was starting to turn to all electronic during that time .
>>
>>1978829
Neat, looking at maps streetview it looks like a Minneapolis building with the building connections. I have family that moved down to Atlanta actually, I'll have to check it out next time I visit
>>
>>1978839
there's a weird circular black stone thing off the south side of the courtyard . that's "the slab," where the messengers used to hang out waiting for a job. afaik there are no messengers anymore. every once in a while I'll see someone going down Peachtree that looks like they could be, but I dunno. the way Atlanta sprawls the downtown-midtown core was pretty small and only supported like 20-30 messengers spread out over like seven companies. it was always a small city for messing
>>
>>1978882
oh yeah it sprawls out there, no ifs or buts about a car out there, it's a necessity. That's the problem I have whenever I visit family out there since I've been car free for almost 10 years. The local population of Atlanta isn't dense enough to support the same courier culture like NYC. Even a city like Chicago is barely, just barely, dense enough to support a courier culture. With that said however, every city has some spot where couriers congregate, we're everywhere and Atlanta is rapidly growing, one of the fastest growing cities in the US
>>
File: IMG_0954.jpg (900 KB, 1179x2556)
900 KB
900 KB JPG
>>1978787
>tfw the botanic garden closes at 15
Oh well, my longest ever ride though.
>>
>>1978943
Good stuff, you rode the NBT I'm guessing? I used to ride that trail regularly, starting at Foster then looping at the Gardens, sometimes I'd loop around the Lagoons instead. Such a great escape into nature for being so close to the city. I haven't rode that route in years, I want to again, maybe in spring when all the flowers are popping.
>>
>>1979004
Be careful of all the deer, they literally have no fear of people. I was blaring music through my speaker and all they did was look up then go back to grazing.

People would approach them to take pictures and that made me nervous, I don't think people understand how dangerous they can be. Quite a shame, it would be a hunter's paradise.
>>
>>1979013
Funny you mentioned the deer there, some time a while ago after going through a bad break up on a cold November night, I needed to clear my mind. So I hopped on my bike, turned on Tales of the Night Forest, and rode the NBT. Somewhere along that ride, a few deer showed up and ran alongside for like a hundred feet. It felt like I was in a dream. I got home from that ride and knew I closed a chapter and opened a new one
>>
File: 1454538351139.gif (447 KB, 245x175)
447 KB
447 KB GIF
>>1979019
I've had a similar experience with coyotes on the Northshore Channel Trail at Legion Park, weird shit happens at night I guess.

>tfw I hand fed one my protein bar
>>
File: NST.webm (3.89 MB, 608x456)
3.89 MB
3.89 MB WEBM
>>1979025
haha it does, coyotes be wildin at night, I was actually just there last week
>>
File: IMG_0153.jpg (1.93 MB, 4032x3024)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB JPG
>>
File: IMG_20240210_185002853.jpg (1.66 MB, 4080x3072)
1.66 MB
1.66 MB JPG
>>1975647
Underbiking is truly so much fun, truly nothing like riding xc downhill trails on slicks. Riding with traffic is fun too, not only is it fun to listen to things whiz by, but those brief sprints where you're able to keep up with someone for a bit feels so powerful. Sucks I was injured for a bit and couldn't enjoy the cold, it warmed back up again pretty quickly.
After all these years I'm going clipless, btd had a sale on pedals and I got some shoes used. I'll have to get slicks for my mtb for runs to the store and stuff, probably.
shitter turns 40, too
>>1978787
>>1979039
these look so cozy
>>
File: bIMG_0947.jpg (494 KB, 1300x975)
494 KB
494 KB JPG
Found the cause of my studded tire flats / blowouts last week. There was a manufacturing defect in the tire where there are a few extra pieces of bead wire not part of the bead itself. Since they weren't connected the managed to wiggle themselves loose and break free into the inside of the tire. There was a 2" long piece of wire protruding into the tire when I check this morning.

Doing a search I found multiple instances of people having similar bead issues with Schwalbe Marathon tires several years ago.
>>
>>1979195
I was curious so I cut out the bead. It is made up of 2 wires looped twice with all 4 ends meeting but not actually connected, for 4 parallel wires for the bead. So no extra wire for the bad bead, just one of those 4 ends was bumped out of place before the rubber injection occurred.
>>
File: IMG_0155.jpg (1.25 MB, 4032x3024)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB JPG
>>
>>1979195
jesus christ how horrifying
>>
>>1979195
Huh. I had a slightly similar issue with my Schwalbe Jumbo Jim this winter, but nowhere near as severe.
>>
>>1979306
Well I did start pulling on them with pliers. The piece that was originally sticking out was straight. You can see the faint line where it veered away from the bead.
>>
File: bIMG_0953.jpg (455 KB, 1300x994)
455 KB
455 KB JPG
With the mtb out of action I put the touring bike into winter duty for the first time in about 6 years. It was the first bike I rode in the winter, but the skinny tires don't handle loose snow well, so just started riding my mtb and fat bike in the winter. There isn't much snow depth at the moment, and the touring bike is quite a bit faster than the mtb, and the mtb is quite a bit faster than the fat bike.
>>
File: bIMG_0958.jpg (314 KB, 1300x975)
314 KB
314 KB JPG
Some fresh snow. Started warmer than forecast, then clouded over and got windy so I sweated then got cold.
>>
File: 0.webm (3.85 MB, 462x616)
3.85 MB
3.85 MB WEBM
ni/n/ja
>>
>>1979674
>>1978634
>>1978245
these webms are always appreciated thanks. what a beautiful city, reminds me of the good wife tv show.
>>1978217
wait a minute how wide is your rim and your tire size? just for info. i think this has more to do with shitty tubes maybe?
>>
>>1979676
2.10 tire, 19mm bead width on rim. Label on rim says it should work. I'm pretty sure the tire was the problem. I've come across several other instances of people having that tire blow off the rim.
>>
>>1979678
ok thank you very interesting. i still think that if the tube didn't explode this catastrophically it shouldn't have happened right?
>>
>>1979709
I'm not sure if it went flat and came off. Or got blown off and the tube went flat after it snagged something. I was at the LBS today and one of the mechanics said he had to toss 2 Schwalbe tires after a similar issue a few years back. I think it was a bad production run.
>>
>>1979674
aw yeah.
just like old times in the A
>>
>>1979674
I discovered a mini togue up north on Sheridan around Winnetka, shit was pretty cash.
>>
>>1979745
Tower Rd? I've rode some nice sweeping roads up north but truthfully I don't ride up north as much as I used to. There's sloping bends around there too if you look hard enough, the residential streets of Highland Park can get hectic
>>
File: IMG_0160.jpg (1.87 MB, 4032x3024)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB JPG
>>
File: IMG_0161.jpg (1013 KB, 4032x3024)
1013 KB
1013 KB JPG
Gods soft wind paws swatting me home,,moon peeky thru rain clouds,, the Spirit hugging me close feels,,, FEELS!
,,,, sending Extra to YOU!!
,Gods love like a Wave!!
WOOOOOOOSH!!!
>>
>>1979774
Yea dude, I was wondering why there were so many NO BIKES signs, and then I found out kek beautiful mansions up there. I was dabbed up just racing cars, next thing I knew it turned into another 50 mile ride. That house of worship at the end of the NST is worth seeing.
>>
bicycle riding keeps me in good mental state but bored of riding the same roads
should i drive my bike somewhere lol
>>
File: IMG_0174.jpg (1.52 MB, 4032x3024)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB JPG
>>
File: IMG_0180.jpg (2.32 MB, 4032x3024)
2.32 MB
2.32 MB JPG
>>
File: compressed.jpg (1.31 MB, 1459x1094)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB JPG
My original intention was to go for a short ride to test a shorter and taller stem. It turned out to be a bit too short for road riding but great for trails. Today was easily my best ride of the year so far.
>>
No rain today so I had a nice ride. 18mph wind with gusts so I was happy to have a lower gear.
Lots of walkers out today and didn't hit the wandering kids.

Got a minor left quad cramp on the way back so I had to take it easy

Someone was either on drugs or saw some really cool bugs to look at. Didn't visit the homeless camps today.
>>
Took the fat bike out since it was nice but not too melty. Was too cold and windy about half the week to bother going out. Another nice day tomorrow then it will get warm enough that I might take the touring bike out again since my mtb is still out for the season.

I went to the LBS and the 45nrth Gravdal looks like the tire I'd get to replace my Marathon Winter. Tight tread block for speed but nice flexy sidewalls so you could play around with the pressure more, quite a bit more expensive. I'd still run an Ice Spiker in the front. A mechanic at the LBS said he had 2 Marathon Winter tires that he had to toss a few years ago because they blew off the rim repeatedly.
>>
Starting to get a balaclava tan past 2 rides. Going to have to start wearing sunscreen again unless it warms up enough I can ride without one.
>>
File: budds.jpg (2.89 MB, 2782x1430)
2.89 MB
2.89 MB JPG
>>
File: 1607301290926.gif (2.34 MB, 470x360)
2.34 MB
2.34 MB GIF
>one weather app says it's 45
>another says 38
>the third says it's 35
>lolk it's actually 30

>one app says it's 50
>another says it's 43
>the third says it's 48
>achkushally it's 60

JUST
GIVE
ME
AN
ACCURATE
FUCKING
TEMP
SO
IM
NOT
ALWAYS
FUCKING
UNDER
OR
OVER
DRESSED
GOD
DAMN
IT
>>
File: 3086_3725_large.jpg (166 KB, 400x399)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
>>1981000
>>
>>1978787
man it's barely snowed up here in maine as well. if i weren't such a terminally lazy human joke, i could have been cycling throughout the whole season. having convenient free parking at the end of my commute has been a curse. i should park my car farther away from my building.
>>
Nice ride this morning. Took the dh/enduro bike out to test out the chinese 450mm seatpost and it's working great. One I had before was 375 which was fine for slamming the post but I couldn't get full leg extension and ended up getting a glute injury(which is still healing......).
Was a comfy ride
>>
>out riding today
>suddenly taptaptaptaptaptaptap
>oh god please no
>can see what looks like a little flag, about half the size of a stamp, on my front tire
>godfuckingdamnit
>pull into a parking lot
>can see a very tiny nail head attached to said flag
>tire hasn't started going flat yet
>pull off the little flag waiting for the PSSSSSSSSSSH
>turns out it was just some kind of sticky brown tape that picked up a small rock
>no puncture

I can't even describe the relief I felt bros
>>
File: homeagain.jpg (3.43 MB, 2787x1851)
3.43 MB
3.43 MB JPG
>>
>>1978354
I have PFP syndrome ever since bicycles happened. Do you see a chance this will help knees ? I feel like I've tried everything.
>>
File: DSC_3055.jpg (734 KB, 2400x1600)
734 KB
734 KB JPG
>>1981013
lmao

>go to bike shop
>ask for compressionless brake housing
>looks at me like i'm retarded
>errm u mean gear housing? brake housing is supposed to compress? i guess you can try gear housing but it's meant for gears....
>second guess myself
>compressionless housing is the first fucking result on the jagwire site
>ask for 45mm 26er tubes
>confused further even though it says 45/67-559 on the mf box
i know inch is the norm for 26er but forgive me for not being able to convert 45mm to 1.8 inch in my head. the shop just got bought out recently but it's either that or the now trek store and i needed an 8sp cassette.

anyway i tested the fenders going though water, mud and gravel. the front clogs up pretty easily, but the rear is fine. bike was pretty dang clean. ~100mi on the rh tires, they're good. only puncture was from a 4cm super sharp wire, but that would have probably poked through anything.
>>
After a few freeze thaw cycles its starting to get icy on the side streets. Plenty of fun with the fat bike. It didn't get as warm this week as they were forecasting so I didn't get out on the touring bike like I had planned as I was hoping for clearer roads.
>>
It's so much more enjoyable for me to cycle in 65F and pouring rain than it is to cycle in 50F and sunny. I hate the cold so fucking much it's unreal.
>>
>>1981580
just did a 60mi ride, 20mi of which was pouring, and the last 20mi i was wet or getting sprayed. it was about 70f.
i think you are crazy desu
>>
>>1981580
50f isn't even cold wtf
>>
>>1981622
this, then again, I die in 75F
>t. winter sovl
>>
>>1981630
I just hate the wind. Don't really mind if its hot or cold
>>
>>1981636
Wind is brutal, both windchill and how much more effort it takes to go headwind
>>
File: 10M&Ms.jpg (3.87 MB, 2086x1243)
3.87 MB
3.87 MB JPG
>>1973136
therevolver,,,distain is large,,,they wanted to getme a 9mm,,,i said 'No,,im rolling bigun tree fidy sven,,,,sowhat happened?
,,"Bacon, have this 10mm autoloader, get with the times!"
>>
File: dograb.jpg (2.38 MB, 1528x1250)
2.38 MB
2.38 MB JPG
>>
File: horsingaround.webm (3.91 MB, 432x324)
3.91 MB
3.91 MB WEBM
>>1980898
I was born year of the Horse, I think that's why I can't stop riding
>>
>>1981755
is that front brake braking with the tire sidewalls
>>
File: tresamigos.jpg (3.23 MB, 3037x1474)
3.23 MB
3.23 MB JPG
>>1981795
,Yes,,,,justalittle!,
,,,,mostly on therim!,have shaved the worstedge off when it cuthru sidewall.
,shame.,noshop to buy long armsand have tooooooo much stuff ive ordered that was wrong to trust ME!,
,,hanging headlow.
>>1981792
hardtosee,,,three ridersandoggo roundingup steak.
>>
>>1981796
https://youtu.be/-IZZmJGKDnk
>>
I really dont visit this board much anymore, or even ride as much as I used to. However today I got out and rode about 14 miles... most of which was against a 10-15mph wind and a little hill mixed in, and I am coming off that 3 week chest cold that has been going around so I feel really good about my minor accomplishment. I hope to maybe work back up to doing 50-60milers again this summer.

Jesus Christ I cant believe the pig fucker is still posting gibberish on this board. I figured he was dead or finally offed himself.
>>
Aborted today's ride after less than 2 km. I started riding toward the edge of the city to go check some stuff out, but the fog was so thick I wouldn't be able to see anything so I turned around. Going back towards home I went to wipe the moisture off my glasses and it was ice. In freezing fog I'd quickly have trouble seeing anything at all after a while. It can also cause surprises after the rim braking surfaces get coated in ice. I might go out later after the fog lifts, though the wind is supposed to pick up considerably.
>>
>>1982024
Stay safe out there.
>>
>>1982024
Glasses and visibility man. I often find myself changing between peering over the top and through them. Sort of to be able to create a mental image that is resulting from overlaying two flawed images.
>>
>>1982039
>rim of old glasses touch eyebrows, sweat drips onto lenses
>buy smaller frames, no longer touch eyebrows, but when riding drop bars half my vision is looking into and above the frame.
>>
>>1982045
I'm not even sure anymore if that stuff that forms almost a crust on glasses is only sweat or if its road salt and grime too.
But you have issues when its for example just raining too. Can't win unless LASIK maybe ?
>>
File: IMG_0228.jpg (1.56 MB, 4032x3024)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB JPG
>>
>>1977391
How much of the original rockrider is still on that thing?
>>
After a more or less no-show winter we've got the biggest snowfall in years forecast for tomorrow with over a foot of snow.
>>
>>1977034
Is that a Checkpoint ALR5? How is it? I've been hesitating between that and a Diverge E5 Comp and I can't make up my mind.
>>
File: IMG_0237.jpg (1.44 MB, 3088x2320)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB JPG
>>
File: IMG_0238.jpg (1.91 MB, 4032x3024)
1.91 MB
1.91 MB JPG
Australia??
>>
Gods Grace on YOU!
>>
Brought out the gravel bike for the for the first time this year today. Not the right bike for the job. While some of the way was bare asphalt the rest was really sketchy slush. That thing people keep saying that thin tyres are good because they cut through the snow, yeah that's bullshit. I'll be riding the fatbike for a while longer.
>>
File: IMG_0245.jpg (2.41 MB, 4032x3024)
2.41 MB
2.41 MB JPG
Waithats,,,myhouse!!
>>
went out for a short 4 mile jaunt, then spent half an hour on my new MTB practicing riding down stairs, bunny hopping, and jumping curbs. never ridden a bike down a trail, so I'm working my way up. Any tips?
>>
Got out for the first time in 2 weeks. Too damn slow on the fat bike so I'm going to take the touring bike tomorrow and get out early. They put a lot of salt down after a recent heavy snow, so the roads are mostly dry. So as long as I get out before it warms up I won't have to deal with wet roads. Going to have to stick to the main roads as loose side street snow is brutal on skinny tires.
>>
File: crosstrail.jpg (2.9 MB, 2219x1534)
2.9 MB
2.9 MB JPG
>>
File: IMG_5185.jpg (1.83 MB, 4032x3024)
1.83 MB
1.83 MB JPG
>>
File: IMG_5179.jpg (3 MB, 4032x3024)
3 MB
3 MB JPG
>>
File: IMG_0261.jpg (3.59 MB, 4032x3024)
3.59 MB
3.59 MB JPG
>>
>>1983432
it's true for fresh snow but once there's some hard pack anywhere, fat is king
>>
>>1984519
good on ya for doing a real century
>>
File: goneye.jpg (2.66 MB, 2019x1198)
2.66 MB
2.66 MB JPG
>>
File: IMG_0266.jpg (3.04 MB, 4032x3024)
3.04 MB
3.04 MB JPG
>>
File: 20240313_180349.jpg (1.08 MB, 2048x1152)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB JPG
took a long drive to some woods in Scotland with a new jump line - no uplift is rough but I got more airtime today than all winter

what's the smallest car you can fit two full sized trail bike and two medium sized adults in? Fiat Panda does it with ease
>>
File: IMG_0268.jpg (2.65 MB, 4032x3024)
2.65 MB
2.65 MB JPG
>>
File: IMG_0272.jpg (1.19 MB, 4032x3024)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB JPG
>>
File: IMG_0274.jpg (1.19 MB, 4032x3024)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB JPG
>>
>>1985068
nice
>>
Ordered some new tires for my MTB since winter is almost over and I don't want to tackle sandy spring streets with my bald tires from last year. I'd been using Rapid Ron tires, but I'm going to try a Smart Sam on the rear which is pretty much the same tire but has a continuous row of center lugs so it might last longer.
>>
>>1981752
Sweet single six. I have the long 9.5" because little pp but also it's comically large. What's the other pistola?

Also I'm a /n/eophyte; where the hell are the stickies and infographics for tiered bike purchases on this board? I can't tell if I'll get ripped off on my next bike purchase inb4 Google Reddit threads
>>
File: 1688242479900702.png (116 KB, 1000x520)
116 KB
116 KB PNG
>>1985472
not him and I'm not the most astute about the market but in a nutshell: good bikes have good component groups . Walmart or non-enthusiast stuff has no-name components except maybe the manufacturer's stamp (e.g. "shimano") whereas decent -to-excellent stuff has specific names e.g. "Shimano Dura-ace", "SRAM Red" etc.
the groups are all very specifically tiered and that's the closest you're going to come to figuring the worth of the bike at a glance. some bikes have mixed groups to save money, they might say Shimano 105 in the ad but in the spec sheet it's only like the crank and rear derailleur or something. a LOT of bikes cheap out on wheels, even "good" ones (wheels are more autism.)

here's a chart someone else made that is OK to get an overview of this idea, but people argue about this stuff and also it's a bit old now.
>>
File: IMG_20240315_073149.jpg (1.32 MB, 1578x2805)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB JPG
>>
>>1973129
>600 out of 950 to rent
>>
>>1978839
>I have family that moved down to Atlanta
If you want to meet up on the beltline or something when you're here, post in the current thread. do your relatives have a bike you can ride?
>>
Went for a ride today and wasn't quite over being sick but still not bad. I forgot how quiet my 700x35 studded tires are on pavement and was expecting a loud ride. Warm tomorrow then another dip back down to below freezing highs. I hope we don't get any more snow as the roads are pretty good for skinny tires at the moment.
>>
>can't sleep so go for ride in my sleeping shorts
>legs start to chafe on the saddle and by the time i realize what's happening i'm a few mi from home
the inside of my thighs look like i burnt them with a curling iron from when i woke up this morning, jeez.
>>1985589
i have always wondered why they went from 600 to ultegra. dunno why everything wasn't just numerical like with the rx-100 to 105 and x00gs groups since it just kinda...makes sense?
>>
File: IMG_20240317_140205779_1.jpg (2.19 MB, 2824x2118)
2.19 MB
2.19 MB JPG
First ride this year. Rear wheel bearing has developed a knock, I'll take it apart, clean it and grease it. That should do the trick.
>>
File: bIMG_0999.jpg (570 KB, 1200x900)
570 KB
570 KB JPG
>instructions unclear, crucified a cyclist
>>
>>1985841
nice tires, some of my preferred ones for local dry conditions.
I see you went with the big big gearing combo....

Had a nice ride today. Started to get hot(71) and my long sleeve shirt+pants was way too much.
Almost got the quad cramps but made it back on my smallest cog of.... 42/28 on the road bike.

Tomorrow will be an easy ride.
>>
on garbage pickup day I like to ride downtown real early and get some coffee and a donut or pan au chocolait or something. then I go smoke a big fat hooter on a bench facing the river, while watching the sun rise. after that I throw in my earbuds and cruise the rich neighborhoods and look for bikes and other treasures in their trash.
>>
>>1985889
wholesome
>>
File: 85009652.p7ltZB6y.jpg (45 KB, 400x304)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>1985889
good way to live man
>>
File: pedicabbie.webm (3.9 MB, 640x360)
3.9 MB
3.9 MB WEBM
impressive handling from this pedicabbie
>>
>>1985870
>nice tires, some of my preferred ones for local dry conditions.
Yeah, I like them as well. Doublefighters run a bit better on asphalt, but overall these are great.
>>
>>1985841
Took the entire rear bearing apart, cleaned it, greased it, put it back together, only to realize that the knock came from a loose spoke that rubbed against its neighbor on every revolution.
Oh well, freshly serviced rear bearing.
>>
Had a nice ride today. Left around 7am and it was a comfy 60F for most of my ride. Had to redo the BB since it didn't want to tighten anymore(cup and cone square taper).
Just had junk in the threads..... and it's been cross threaded before so that's a thing.
Now it's pedaling pretty good.
>>
I have a flat back tire. I took out the tube and put it in water, bit found no holes. No bubbles. Nothing. I stretched it a little, to no avail. I do t want to take off the back wheel. What can be done here? I am just a casual rider, i dont know how to take off a back wheel assembly.
>>
>>1985922
it's pedal assist? seems like it'd have to be.
he's really throwing it around
>>
>>1985922
hilarious, no fucks at all were given when he squeezed through those cars. that unnatural speed looks trashy and comic
>>1986025
assisted and waay overclocked I would say. this clown overtook our speedy chicago hero. someday he's going to take a pothole at that speed and take off to the outer universe
>>
File: IMG_0285.jpg (2.35 MB, 4032x3024)
2.35 MB
2.35 MB JPG
>>
File: IMG_0287.jpg (3.97 MB, 4032x3024)
3.97 MB
3.97 MB JPG
>>
>>1986022
That's a really easy task and something you should be able to do in your sleep. Watch a YT video.
>>
>>1986025
Has a front hub motor for sure, look at his front wheel in the first few seconds of the vid.
>>
>>1986022
if there's truly no puncture, possibly the valve core came loose? if it's a presta valve, see if you can screw down the topmost part of it, there's probably a wrench flat if it has a removable core, you can grip it with your finger and thumb well enough. I don't think schrader valves come loose like that , but actually, I know there are schrader valve core kits at the auto store so maybe check for that if you can.

it's probably a tiny slow leak that you're not seeing, though.
>>
>>1986042
I find new Continental tubes are bad for having the presta cores coming unscrewed when using a thread on pump. I always have to use a core tool to tighten them up more.

>>1986022
Did you put the tube in water while it was still on the wheel? In that case its easy to miss a small hole. A slow enough leak won't even create a continuous stream of bubbles.
>>
>>1985922
Ever ride the Des Plaines Trail? I got spring break next week and I wanna see if I can get to Wisconsin in one trip.
>>
>>1986075
I've rode the DRPT and I've rode to WI but I haven't used DPRT to ride up to WI, the usual recommended route and the one that I've rode is North Branch Trail then after the Botanic Gardens, move east on County Line Road until Robert McClory Bike Path which goes up to the IL-WI border. It's a great route
>>
fun day
>>
>>1986045
Yes, while on the wheel. I don't even know where to start taking off a back wheel. I'm just riding my bike around town like most Dutch do, but I'm not Dutch and never learned bike care. I suppose it's time to start.
>>
>>1986042
>>1986045
Googling around, it's a Dunlop valve. Any have the core needs to be changed?
>>
>>1986112
No, they're different. I don't think there's a way to tell for certain without taking off the wheel.
>>
>>1986112
dunlop is rare, a style that never caught on. I have no experience with them, neither do most people.
but subsequent to my post, you've explained the problem.
you can't find a puncture with the tire still on you mong. even if you could, you can't fix it.
you need to take the wheel off the bike. you probably have nuts you have to loosen on the axle with a wrench, if not it's just a quick release lever you just flip it. loosen wheel, disengage chain from wheel cog(s) (shift into small cog), undo the brake caliper if necessary, remove wheel.

pull the tire off the wheel. probably need tire levers but maybe can get one side then the other with hands.

pull the tube out of the tire. NOW you can check for a puncture. hook up your pump and pump it. most holes you can immediately hear and then sight. if not, THEN you dunk it in water and look for bubbles. sometimes air bubbles stick to the rubber, you have to wipe it underwater to smooth the rubber to eliminate stuck-on air that makes "false" bubbles, but usually even a small puncture is shooting out bubbles rapidly and can be sighted.

marking the hole is helpful: some tape, a china marker, a white gel pen. scuff tube around the hole with sandpaper, nailfile, some patches come with a scuffer. make scuff a bit bigger than the size of the patch. put the vulcanizing fluid over the scuff. again, bigger than the patch. the glue will visibly dry very quickly, wait until dry. pull the back off the patch and don't touch the surface except the tiniest part of the edge that you can hold it. center patch over puncture and mash it down taking care especially that the edges are tightly engaging the glue.
the bond with the dry glue is instant.
pump it up maybe 20 psi to check that it worked, also check that there aren't any more holes you missed.
(continued)
>>
>>1986164
note: a very common puncture is a "snakebite." when an under inflated tube bottoms out against both rim flanges , the tube punctures against both flanges, a double puncture . always check for this. sometimes a long patch can cover both, if not use two. try not to overlap patches. it can work but can also introduce more points of failure.

also, run fingers inside the tire and rim for the cause of a puncture or debris still in there and remove if found. small holes in the tire aren't an issue, but large tears more than say 3mm put strong tape over from the inside, very large tears =replace.

put a little air in tube so it holds it's shape and push into tire. if you allign the valve with ,say, the tire logo, then searching for debris in the tire can be matched with the tubes puncture for future fixes. now deflate the tube and get the tire next to the drive side of wheel. look for an arrow on tire indicating rotation direction. if arrow is pointing at what will be the rear of the bike, turn the tire around. put one tire bead over rim. start putting the next tire bead on the rim, take care to keep the tube centered and inside both beads. getting the last bit of the bead over the rim is difficult and may require holding at one end while working a tire lever towards that hand from the other end. THUNK. now inflate about 20 psi to check that tube is not sticking out anywhere and the beads are seated equally around the either rim flanges. deflate and wrestle it around if needed. now fill tire to desired inflation and put it back on the bike

don't forget to reattach the brake.
>>
File: drunk.png (347 KB, 414x547)
347 KB
347 KB PNG
>>1986164
>you can't find a puncture with the tire still on you mong. even if you could, you can't fix it.
,,,,?
>>
File: IMG_20220410_164140_DRO.jpg (579 KB, 1805x1353)
579 KB
579 KB JPG
>>1986164
>dunlop is rare, a style that never caught on.
It's everywhere in the Netherlands. I haven't seen a single presta valve on an omafiets/citibike in the 5 years i lived here.

Anyway, I replaced the valve and now shit's holding up fine. Thanks for everyone who helped out. I will get a multi-tool and learn proper bike maintenance because it would be nice to have a small repair pack with me when I'm out and about and not having to push a flat tire home halfway inbetween Delft and Rotterdam. My back breaks feel squishy and last time I put it in for repairs the guy didn't go a good job, so time to learn how to do that, too.

Not a recent image, but one from last year, that's my bike. Cheers everyone!
>>
Put my new mtb tires on this evening. But the freehub won't spin. Fucking winter messing shit up. LBS probably doesn't keep any in stock.
>>
>>1984528
>it's true for fresh snow
So what, it applies like one morning every year? If I wake up early. Great advice, /n/.
>>
>>1986926
yes your exact terrain and climate are universal. anywhere it snows, it stays there for another 6 months
>>
>>1986926
I rode my first winter on 700x35 tires and quickly discovered that tires that slice through snow are beneficial for the first snow fall only. I spent rest of the winter riding in tire ruts or evenly packed side roads. People that think that is a good feature must live in mild coastal areas where the roads quickly melt down to bare pavement after every snow.
>>
>>1986884
After removing the cassette, axle, freehub and the bottom seal I was able to clean the rusty itty bitty bearings and get it spinning again.
>>
>>1985068
luv me some fiat panda. why not get a bike rack though?
>>
>>1986931
Yet no-winters give advice on winter riding under the same assumption that their exact riding condition applies universally. This is just me calling out that bullshit.
>>
>>1985728
is that the fish?
>>
>>1985922
newyork is an incredible place
>>
>>1986022
get a valve tool and check the valve is tight (dont over tighten it its fragile)
back wheels are pretty easy to take off if you have a quick release otherwise you need a spanner
turn the bike upside down on its seat and handlebars and shift it to the smallest cog at the back
undo the quick release or bolts and if you have rim brakes unhook them so the tyre will fit between them
then just lift the wheel out
just watch a youtube video lol
>>
>>1987080
oh btw avoid touching the chain or cogs unless you have gloves they will be disgusting
>>
File: 1000003741.jpg (2.91 MB, 4080x3072)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB JPG
Has anybody experienced hip discomfort, pins and needles on one side of the body, pain—almost a cold or wet sensation where the glute meets the lower back? I'm thinking I need a new saddle (Brooks?), perhaps a fit adjustment (feel my left tricep). Current saddle is perhaps a bit wide.
>>
>>1987116
that's called peripheral neuropathy and you need to stop fucking around and see a doctor before it becomes irreversible. they'll probably send you to a physical therapist and you can learn what's broken and come at your bike with a more informed view of what needs fixing on the actual bike, if anything.
>>
>>1987121
this mainly occurs while in the saddle in an aero position during longer rides.
>>
File: solarwings.jpg (195 KB, 1086x724)
195 KB
195 KB JPG
>>1973103
>100,000x
,no,,justno,,,,,buthen,,yeshappens?,
,,,outathe BLUE, WHAM,right in my lap!!
,,,old forgotten gift,,,,,,,,bounces back.,
,justno?, ilike nothinking.,nostress.,
,,,well thatsover.,
,nono?,,,,,YES!
>>
File: IMG_0297.jpg (2.06 MB, 4032x3024)
2.06 MB
2.06 MB JPG
>>
File: IMG_0300.jpg (3.6 MB, 4032x3024)
3.6 MB
3.6 MB JPG
>>1987133
Shutup,,, babbling tard
,,,, check this fatire trike!, full suspension, super low gears,footstraps, bags,lights,fenders,,, helmet,,,,,,
,,I feel soutdated!
>>
>>1987309
I like the fenders.
>>
>>1987076
wat
>>
>>1987485
famous road in california nvm
it looks kinda like it tho
>>
File: op6.jpg (2.66 MB, 4000x3000)
2.66 MB
2.66 MB JPG
favourite local trail, takes you out of town, around farmland ands into the woods.
>>
File: bIMG_1012.jpg (453 KB, 1200x900)
453 KB
453 KB JPG
Maybe 4 - 5" of snow tonight, with these late season storms the city always lays down a lot of straight salt. The ground had mostly dried out so there is going to be a lot of mud again.
>>
>>1988115
the turtle cummed
>>
File: it just works.jpg (221 KB, 1200x900)
221 KB
221 KB JPG
>>1988115
We got all the snow. So I just opened a can of IT worms instead. I've got an old large bed scanner that has USB1, firewire and SCSI connectivity and little support from the manufacturer. First tried running in with Windows 10, drivers no go, but I could buy scanning software for $160 that supports it directly.

Plan B, pull out an old Mac mini (no optical drive). No drivers on website so I need to get off CD. But the CD is a hybrid Mac/PC CD and the Mac portion is unreadable on Windows so I can't rip it. So I pulled a drive out of a junk PC and connected it with my USB-IDE adapter. Success. Copy files, only to get error that the software only supports PowerPC CPU on OSX.

Plan C found a barebones driver buried on the manufacturers site. Go to plug in firewire cable ... wrong connector. Get other firewire cable ... also wrong connector ???. Computer has FW800 with 9 pin connector so I need an adapter.
>>
File: Screenshot_39.jpg (84 KB, 603x474)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>have cyst that contacts the saddle
>popped yday
>still tender
rode down to the atm today and it still needs more time. i just want to ride!!!!!!
>>
>>1988441
ouchie
>>
>>1988441
I've used a hydrocolloid bandage over a saddle sore before which made riding tolerable. It was years ago so I can't quite remember how well the bandage held up. I do remember they are a bastard to remove.
>>
>>1988441
I used to suffer from those constantly, and became an expert in bandages and wound dressings, but I eventually took a prevention attitude and these items together have made me avoid them for years now:

1. stop wearing cheap shit skeezy discount bibs, the expensive ones are worth it
2. use chamois cream before every ride
3. get out of my bibs the instant I get home and don't just sit around hitting F5 on 4chan or watching youtube while the filthy bibs stay on
4. use lysol laundry sanitizer for the bibs (don't let that shit stay in contact with your skin because it can trigger a sensitivity/allergy, it needs to be completely out before you dry them also if it touches your eyes you'll literally go blind)
5. use an exfoliating scrubby loofah thing in the shower
6. use salicylic acid cream and tretinoin on my ass and legs (be careful with this stuff and start slow)

it's obnoxious and time consuming but it pays off
>>
>>1988497
i have been applying tretinoin and a moisturizer afterwards, and do use chamois cream before. i don't wear bibs, though. it was fine in the cooler months but i guess since it's been so muggy and gross out maybe that has contributed.
though some sort of exfoliating method is absolutely needed, especially after starting tret, i had so much dead skin coming off at first. though, i just use washcloths since i can use them once and wash them afterwards.
i generally wash my clothes with a splash of vinegar instead of sanitizer, stuff is just so damn expensive.
>>
>>1988524
Borax laundry booster is supposed to kill bacteria and mold and stuff
>>
File: IMG_2421.jpg (65 KB, 1283x502)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
Metric Century for easter sunday. Rode easy down the Bellarine Rail Train in VIC (Aus) and then down the beach, just a couple pics incoming cause only made a couple stops
>>
File: IMG_2418.jpg (2.38 MB, 4032x3024)
2.38 MB
2.38 MB JPG
>>1988664
>>
File: IMG_2420.jpg (745 KB, 960x1280)
745 KB
745 KB JPG
>>1988665
I like how lazily the police sectioned this off
Fuck it cunt it’s easter lmao
>>
File: IMG_2419.jpg (2.26 MB, 4032x3024)
2.26 MB
2.26 MB JPG
>>1988666
Had to pay 14 dollars at the beach for two powerades cause it was a public holiday but I knew that i’d need to restock on fluids when I left
>>
File: IMG_2303.jpg (861 KB, 1280x960)
861 KB
861 KB JPG
6mb photo, so you get the shitty compressed one
Wandering into the state park today
>>
>>1988666
oh nice free pickup
>>
File: IMG_0308.jpg (3.15 MB, 4032x3024)
3.15 MB
3.15 MB JPG
>>
Had my first fall today. Did 40 km , felt really nice until it started raining. I was doing 25ish km/h. The edge of the road was kinda high, I slipped and bounced from it into a deep mud puddle, bounced back onto the road, braked, skid all around due to mud and just fell sideways onto the road. Landed on my gloved palms, scratched the knee. The bike hit hard, but the only damage seems to be a scratched pedal bolt and some scratches on my left hood. Luckily, the cars were some 200 m behind at that moment. All in all, lucky it went like it did, bless you all anons.
>>
>>1988746
that bike would look cool with a headshock
>>
>>1988746
what bike is that?
>>
File: bIMG_1040.jpg (82 KB, 750x542)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
Warmed up enough I can start carrying my phone in my jacket pocket without the battery freezing. Shrunk a ziploc bag to fit the phone using some aluminum foil and a clothes iron.
>>
File: bIMG_1050.jpg (571 KB, 1300x938)
571 KB
571 KB JPG
The ground squirrels are out of hibernation.
>>
>>1989393
>Shrunk a ziploc bag to fit the phone using some aluminum foil and a clothes iron
neat, that's a new one on me
>>
File: IMG_0310.jpg (2.92 MB, 4032x3024)
2.92 MB
2.92 MB JPG
>>
>>1989210
I feel like headshoks are just best suited on what they’re meant to be on, it’s like putting a lefty on anything else. Sure it looks cool, but it looks better on a Cannondale.
>>1989211
2001 castellano fango, ie first gen ibis ripley but with john castellanos name on it
>>
File: IMG_2352.jpg (2.01 MB, 4160x3120)
2.01 MB
2.01 MB JPG
Taking this thing out for a proper ride, late 80’s mountain bike style, so the most extreme thing it touches is downhill loose gravel and jumping over small logs.
This rides so fucking weird but I kinda like it, been a long time since I used 3x7 and I do like it quite a lot
>>
>>1989719
there are a few anons here with sick paint and details but this thing owns
>>
File: IMG_20240405_100051_HDR.jpg (661 KB, 2400x3200)
661 KB
661 KB JPG
Riding across the meadows on 35 mm tyres was absolutely doable today, but the fatbike would still have been better. And hucking it over plow berms was decidedly more difficult compared to the fatbike.
>>
muthafucka!!!
freshly waxed chain and all. ran it as a 42/13 single speed to get home, had to stop and get a chain breaker, thankfully i was not far off from a bike shop. probably just going to ride it around like this for a bit until i can fix my rd, was kinda fun.
>>
rode the entire ATL beltline again, plus a fair bit just to get to it from my house. the beltline is not a full loop yet, so I rode to the terminus on the west side, then took roads across Peachtree, crossed a creek, railroad tracks, and joined back at the eastern terminus and around to where I got on. after I did the full loop and went back north to home I got in touch with my homie I hadn't seen in years and I went straight to his work and had food and beers for hours. great day
>>
File: IMG_2358.jpg (3.95 MB, 5208x4293)
3.95 MB
3.95 MB JPG
>>1989743
Dank u

Todays ride was ~19 miles, mostly errands around town, then just cruising through the trails in the woods
>>
File: 1712477598943.jpg (2.01 MB, 3000x4000)
2.01 MB
2.01 MB JPG
one bad fallone bad fall
>>
>>1990041
wow,unlucky
>>
>>1990041
A few years ago I crashed on the trail, went otb and knocked unconscious (I think I was out for just a few seconds) and bent the the rear brake handle. I couldn't get the rear brake to work right after that. Ended up replacing the whole rear brake system.
>>
>>1990041
Threads look good, you could plug the hole with a rubber eraser and build up some jbweld on the other side. Maybe I'm retarded though not sure exactly what the wall there does I'm a rim braker
>>
>>1989181
glad u were ok fren <3
i had a crash like that recently too
came in a little too hot to a tight turn i skidded out on some gravel hit a curb and landed on my ass in a mud puddle
my bike landed on top of me and bruised my knee but i was fine i rode it off
there were like 4 cars all around me tho and they were probably all laughing at me
at least thats what my brainworms say
>>1989481
very cool bike
cant get my vision of that with a headshok out of my head tho
>>
>>1989719
swag paint
by it rides weird do you mean the oldschool geo?
>>
>>1989767
what even happeebed?
>>
>>1990309
looks like the bolt holding the bottom pulley came loose, pulley fell out and borked the drivetrain
>>
>>1990325
ooohh
that makes sense
ive never had a pully fall out entirely but ive had one come loose and need re tightening
we should both buy some threadlocker
>>
>>1990325
yeh, that's exactly what happened.
i was having a problem so i stopped and tried to tighten it but the threads were pulled out of the outer plate. it was fine when i put it back together that morning, but i did squeeze the cage down a bit after i noticed it was pinging off the spokes, so i suppose that caused something to happen.
>>1990328
>we should both buy some threadlocker
funny you say that, i reassembled it with threadlocker this time. all good so far.
>>
>>1990403
based threadlocker haver
i keep meaning to buy some and forgetting
ive never even used it before but screws coming loose on my bike is becoming an issue
winter absolutely fucked my local roads
>>
>>1990417
this, and having a fender nut come loose have really only been the ever times anything has come loose.
i keep overloading my front rack and think "wow i should really put some threadlocker on these bolts when i get home just in case" and i never do.
a combination of red threadlocker and nylock nuts makes me wonder if i'll ever be able to get my rear fender off....
>>
Noob question but what's the difference between thin and thick tyres? I know thick are for mountains but does it mean it doesn't achieve speed as the thin ones ?
>>
>>1990307
Yeah, it’s just not something I’m used to
Reaching far further, narrow bars, I wanna go fast as fuck and this goes fast as fuck. I can hit 24mph (according to a radar sign) on pavement without trying super hard, which I cannot do on any of my other bikes.
>>
>>1990463
thicker gives better bang-for-the-buck shock absorbtion. suspension is heavy and really only works well for gnarly big hits offroad. for anything you'd find on road, tires (and lifting your butt out of the saddle and letting your knees and elbows help absorb) is better .
the science is in: the pro roadies used to run 19-23mm tires and the higher pressure they require. now the standard is 25. absorbing lots of tiny hits instead of bouncing off them makes you faster over the course of a race.
I ride 32mm and its comfy, I can do gravel and off-road competently, too. if you're goal is going fast or racing I'd stay with 25s though. for dedicated off-road bikes, you'll want greater than 32 for sure
>>
File: IMG_0350.jpg (2.4 MB, 4032x3024)
2.4 MB
2.4 MB JPG
>>
You guys ever lose a quick link?

>out riding
>haven't ridden this particular road in just under a week
>they've since paved it
>bump in road where the new pavement meets the old
>hit that shit going almost 25mph
>was a bit bigger than it initially looked but nothing crazy
>feels like I shifted to the inner ring
>look down and chain is dragging on the road
>pull over and notice quick link is gone

Thank fucking god I always carry and extra set or two. The link has been used for months with weekly/every few week waxes so maybe it was it's time to go but there was no issue prior to that. I finished my ride without issue. My guess is that that chain popped off in just the perfect way that it disengaged the link and it feel off. I'll have to remember that spot tomorrow and take it a lot slower
>>
>>1990886
no wtf
i use them for way longer than i should, too. guess i should carry a spare, not like it takes up any room...
>>
>>1990463
Comfort. If I were you and you just wanted to ride frequently and in comfort look for a bike that can take 32mm+tires.
I run a 47mm 26in tire on the back of one bike and I have no ass pain even without cycling shorts.
With a bike that has 23mm tires I need either a comfy seat, or bike shorts to not get taint pain on mediocre roads.
>>
Shortish ride this morning/night. Pushed hard on the gentle and steep climb which was good, sat for 2 of them and stood for the other two. Seemed that I can stand longer now that I have been riding more, which is nice.

Saw a koyote, and 2 rabbits.
>>
>get flat
>frame pump cap just rips itself apart and won`t seal
>bend the FUCK out of valve stem
>have to spend $2 on gas station air

okay, you guys were right. i'll just buy co2. frame pumps suck.
>>
>>1991121
skill issue
>>
>>1991127
honestly i think the pump i had is just ass. my other zefal pump is...fine. it just won't fit on this particular bike.
>>
File: IMG_0363.jpg (581 KB, 2468x1375)
581 KB
581 KB JPG
>>
new
>>1991356
>>1991356
>>1991356
>>
>>1985589
Thank you!
>>
>>1991397
not the guy who you're responding to, but "groupset = quality" is of course an oversimplification and some shady companies take advantage of this and have builds specifically created to get money out of uninformed buyers who were told "groupset = quality". it's not wrong per se but it's also not exactly reliable either, especially with mixed groupsets. like, a bikes direct "ultegra build" is not better than a canyon 105 build.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.