[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: tallgeese ii.png (2.02 MB, 1800x1315)
2.02 MB
2.02 MB PNG
=READ THE GUIDE=

THE GUIDE: http://gunpla.buyfags.moe/

=READ THE GUIDE=

For those new to gunpla/plamo or even just new to this thread; please read the guide. Please read it before asking questions, as there is a chance it has already been answered there.

For the unclear, "plamo" is a shortened form of "plastic model". If it's made of plastic, someone can probably help you here!
If you're new, you're gonna fuck up. Don't worry! If you're experienced, don't make the new people worry!

And don't forget to report shitposting and spam.

>Why won't anyone answer my question?
Try being specific, especially about your materials and process. Post images whenever possible; even if the kit/part looks bad, you are more likely to get help posting images.

>Why are my pictures sideways?
4chan strips EXIF data from images when they're uploaded to the site from your phone, including the orientation display tag. To fix this, save your images separately, or use an app that will rotate and save the images for you.
One commonly used app that works well on Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.simplemobilephotoresizer

Links:
>A guide to other types of plamo:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/1vf1aw7v91pz5pa/Airfix%20Model%20World%20Specia%20-By-Step
>Kawaguchi gunpla tips:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJV1h9xQ7Hx-SoCOivVEHNDOl16VWLB3A
>Gundam lineart:
Explore our extensive lineart links collection:
https://pastebin.com/KgGJFkHa
>Funaka's gunpla guides:
Building Gunpla: https://files.catbox.moe/fj5azc.pdf
Scratchbuilding: https://files.catbox.moe/2d9ppa.pdf
>Falldog's gunpla guide:
http://otakurevolution.com/content/laymans-gunpla-guide
>Saintism's gunpla photography guide:
https://www.saint-ism.com/category/gunpla/photography/
>Dalong's gunpla reviews and kit documentation
dalong.net
>Schizophonic's gunpla and plamo reviews
https://schizophonic9-2.com

Past Groupbuilds:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/197891373@N06

Previous thread: >>22580555
>>
Thanks to everyone who participated in the groupbuild, and to everyone who voted! Wait for Groupbuild Dude for results.
>>
File: siiiiiinanju.jpg (3.13 MB, 2886x3910)
3.13 MB
3.13 MB JPG
And let me see your WIPs!
>>
monoeye groupbuild lets fucking go
>>
I kinda like the old HGs
I just built a GM and it was fun because of how simple it is, very fast
Way too many polycaps though
>>
>>22583881
>Way too many polycaps though
No such thing
>>
>>22583881
You mean HGUC020 GM? I have that sitting in my stash and it is between it and the Gogg for my next build. Only one polycap sprue so not too bad.
>>
>>22583890
>You mean HGUC020 GM?
yeah
I've only been building 0079 mobile suits so far (GM is my 7th) and it's the most amount of polycaps i've had to use at least, maybe I'm just spoiled by the revive kits
>>
>>22583881
the best part about these older HG is that nearly all construction is just basic bitch polycap sandwiches so seam line cleanup is as simple as it gets
>>
>>22583896
Fair enough, what 0079 MS have you built so far (and brief thoughts if you want)?
>>
>>22583896
Allow me to interject, the "Gunpla G35 Revive Project" was a limited branding used for 5.5 kits (Guncannon, RX-78-2, Freedom, Mk II (normal/racist) and Qubeley) during the Gundam 35th anniversary event. The branding was subsequently dropped for all following kits and removed from subsequent reprints of the original "Revive" kits. "Revive" isn't a denotation that was used subsequently by Bandai, and is merely terminology that was incorrectly applied by reddit to kits never released as such.
>>
>>22583896
yeah revive kits are just on another level, but still older kits aren't bad at all
>>
>>22583941
https://bandai-hobby.net/item/1493/
>『機動戦士ガンダム』より、“新生‐REVIVE‐”第7弾に「グフ」がラインナップ!
QED.
>>
Currently spraying my head frame parts on my Acguy, the tracks and MGs are a dark steel/gunmetal colour, should I use chrome or metallic red as the contrasting colour? Note that this is the stuff under the glass dome and head armour, so normally not that visible, but I like detailing it anyway.
>>
>>22583949
that's not branding
QED
>>
>>22583964
>official product description calls it REVIVE
>not branding
>>
>>22583971
I think you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the concept of branding
>>
>>22583884
Polycaps are too weak for heavy parts. The heavier HGUCs like the silver bullet, silver bullet suppressor, Gustav Karl, and Anksha have weak hip joints because the poly caps aren't holding up.
>>
>>22583981
anon, you're a shitposting troll, you don't get to be treated like an equal in a conversion
>>
>>22583983
and yet fat fuck MGs don't have this issue?
it's how the polycaps are used, not if they are or not.
all the OYW 2.0s, Sazabi Ver Ka, MK V, Acguy and ZZ Ver Ka all have plenty of polycaps but are rock solid due to good implementation.
the people who whinge "polycaps le bad ((((" haven't built enough kits.
>>
>>22583984
I'm glad you realized I'm not your equal and have accepted that I'm your superior :3c
>>
>>22583953
Settled on chrome, I will paint some details out in metallic red and blue green once my cleanup of lifted tape is done tomorrow.
>Spray Vallejo Metal Colour Steel two nights ago
>Goes down like a dream
>Paint Vallejo Metal Colour Chrome tonight
>Won't even go through a just cleaned airbrush unless it is thinned so much that it lacks any hold, first paint in a long time I've seen to apply too wet while sprayed at a deliberately too low PSI, final finish looks mediocre at best
I mean I'm sure I'll fix it when filtering/weathering the parts, but my love hate relationship with the metal colour line continues.
>>
>>22583987
Some do. The MK-V's lateral hip pivot is PS on PS and is much stronger. The polycap is only for the leg swing and it's an insert that goes inside the PS shell, so it's stronger than just using a bare polycap. The Sazabi literally has the problem I'm talking about, but it's not as bad because they used a ball joint that can't do a full split and fall down and it has big stable feet to help support it. The RX-78-2 v2.0, GM 2.0, and the kits that share their molds all use PS on PS hip joints and they're more stable. I've also seen people complain about the ZZ Ver Ka but don't have it
>>
>>22584001
I haven't had any issues with my ZZ holding poses, but I have it in a somewhat generic, very stable flight pose.

HGUC Gustav Karl is easily among the worst kits ever made if you evaluated them solely by their hip joints. It cannot stand without doing splits. It is just awful. Penelope isn't any better but at least it has the excuse of an actually stupid amount of mass hanging off them. RE100 Jagd is bad too. Can't think of any other kits I own that are worse at holding leg poses than those, or even particularly close, and I've owned a whole lot of Gunpla.
>>
>>22584001
>and the kits that share their molds all use PS on PS hip joints
ABS on ABS
>>
File: shitpolycaps.png (724 KB, 1117x860)
724 KB
724 KB PNG
>>22584004
the RE1/100 Jagd Doga is bad because the polycaps that holds the feet and leg together is too small. the small polycap cant support the weight

the same connector is actually used with the RE1/100 Dijeh and is actually much better because the legs and feet doesnt weigh as much

the Daban MG Jagd Doga fixes the issue by transplanting a MG Geara Doga frame inside it
>>
>>22584017
My issue isn't with the feet joint at all, since I have mine on Action Bases. The issue is primarily with the knee joint being insanely weak and the polycap for the hips. It took a lot of tightening for them to hold a bent leg pose, and splaying their legs out is a terrible fight against gravity.
>>
>>22584017
but anon, there are no bad kits only bad modelers!
>>
>>22584020
its because the polycaps cant hold the weight.
>>
>>22584001
>insert that goes inside the PS shell
Again, that's why I said:
>it's how the polycaps are used, not if they are or not.
>>
Currently getting my store build primed and sprayed with Tamiya Spray.

I gotta say, the dark blue they do is reallly nice.
>>
>>22584026
The problem with polycaps isn't the leg swing though, it's the hips.
>>
>>22584025
Yes and no. The original MG Sazabi can hold better poses than they can in my experience. It has a much bigger joint with a lot of plastic-on-plastic friction that helps even though the inner peg is situated in a polycap for it, too. Like has been pointed out, it's not just "polycap bad." Two joints both using polycaps can be very different.
>>
>>22584037
Reminds me of the waist polycap the MG Gundam X/XX have, man that thing got loose super quickly.
>>
>>22584041
Yeah. It's the only real weakpoint of those designs. In my experience the X can manage, but the DX has a whole lot of weight distributed off the center of mass unless you pose it with the sat cannons deployed.
>>
>>22584029
Some of their spray paint colors are really nice
>>
File: file.jpg (207 KB, 611x1000)
207 KB
207 KB JPG
Do I need to thin pic related ? Had used it for one part, didn't thin it, just applied on the part with a brush. I didn't care much at the time because it was only one part, but I want to paint over a couple of polycaps for my current build
>>
>>22584048
Yeah, though to be honest even the X can struggle depending on how long the X's Satellite Cannon is deployed in my experience. The DX I've got needed it's action base to get any sort of non cannon pose done.

>>22584050
Yeah, really liking the ones I've got. Helps that the paint is pretty durable too.

Learning a good deal about spray control with it, should be able to move to an airspray setup after some more practice.
>>
polycaps should only be used for babby tier model kits like SD and EG and FG
>>
>>22584061
It's nice that the DX can be held by its backpack instead. Really stable hold there on an AB.
>>
Has anyone had success with handpainting topcoat? I'm an apartmentdweller so I can't set up a proper painting station and I'm too scared to paint outside.
I'm considering trying the GM-502 Clear Matte marker and decanting it into a smaller container and using a brush, but it doesn't seem like it plays well with panel lining so idk
>>
File: B501.jpg (312 KB, 1333x1000)
312 KB
312 KB JPG
>>22584067
use waterbased clear coat.

it doesnt smell and can be actually used in doors, though still need a booth of some kind to not spray other things accidentally
>>
>>22584065
That's true, it makes deploying the satellite cannon really easy pose-wise.

Can't say the same for the leg-based AB connection...
>>
>>22583991
>Vallejo Metal Colour Steel
Used that paint for the first time a couple weeks ago, I was amazed how easy it was to apply, and the result is great.
I wanted to try chrome, but I'll refrain since it seems to be shitty.
>>
>>22584024
this, a competent modeller would just replace the polycaps if they are unhappy with the stock ones
>>
>>22584098
With what?
>>
>>22584075
Please don't use this shit indoors.
>>
>>22584099
could use bigger polycaps, or fashion a ps on ps or abs on abs joint out of plastic stock, i've even seen people use metal joints. the sky's the limit
>>
>>22584097
Don't take my word for it anon, it might work well for you. That being said, it is probably the worst "airbrush intended" chrome paint I've sprayed in a long time. Obviously it would be unfair to compare an acrylic to something like Alclad, but even comparing to other acrylics Tamiya Chrome Silver blows it out of the water.
That being said, consistent coverage has always been a complaint for me with acrylic steel/gunmetal type paints, and the vallejo metal colour steel is the best I've seen in a long time.
>>
Gunpla is quite the difficult hobby to engage with the community in because it's been around for like 40 years and you've got 35+ year olds who're ready to scrutinize beginners for things that took them 10 years to master
I'm just a snapshire cat but if I were to paint my kits there's no way I'd feel like I could share pictures
>>
>>22584067
avoid the gundam marker clear coats. as convinient as it sounds, they can be rubbed off pretty easily with just your fingers
>>
File: 4518992225739_b_1080x1080.jpg (167 KB, 1080x1080)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
Why is there a not-Zaku in FFS
>>
>>22584067
Why dont you just bring the kit outside to the sidewalk/street and spray? As long as its not windy you shouldnt have any issues, I do it for every kit, dozen's at this point
>>
>>22584142
why not
>>
>>22584146
Dozens of unpainted kits ruined with flat coating. Enough to make a man sick.
>>
>>22584146
I don't want people to walk by and see me and think "wow what a nerd"
>>
>>22584158
they do that whenever you're out in public anyway
>>
>>22584126
coward, my painting skills suck and that doesn't stop me
>>
>>22583896
Revive Kits were entirely remade with bunch of improvements on the initial release. Gotta admit, touching older molds of old HGs with 30 different polycaps and almost every nubs have no undergate is really unpleasant ( i'm building Typhoeus aka reused Raphael, and gotta say the experience is rather rough. )
>>
>>22584159
I'm gonna print out your post and scream at it for a week
>>
>>22584158
Dont be a lil bitch anon, who cares what joe blow thinks. You dont even know what they will think, just do it dude
>>
>>22584153
Ruined how
>>
>>22584176
Should I bring the whole assembled kit or do I bring it out disassembled on skewers and spray them individually?
>>
>>22584158
You're expecting too much from other people. They won't think about what you're doing outside at all.
Infact, you being outside doing something makes you look less like a nerd to the average person as much as just another person going about their day.
>>
>>22584180
>They won't think about what you're doing outside at all.
people say that but it doesn't check out because whenever i see other people doing things i'm silently judging them in my head and stuff
>>
>>22584158
If you're worried about social approval just start going to the gym, you can get away with anything nerdy if you look good enough.
>>
>>22584181
That's a you problem, anon.
Most people don't do that.
>>
>>22584179
On skewers is better. You'll get access to more areas from more angles that would otherwise remain uncoated
>>
>>22584181
oh no, someone will silently judge you
and they'll never say anything to you and you'll never meet them in person, so to your knowledge no one judged you
>>
>>22584185
pretty sure they do, like when you meet up with someone then they tell you about that weirdo doing the thing they saw on the way there
>>
>>22584126
Filter out the blatant assholes, don't be obnoxious about your own work, and be receptive to genuine criticism, or people trying to give advice, and you're fine.
Traditional scale models have been around way longer, and every time I've interacted with a random old dude, they've been chill as fuck. Genuine people are usually just happy to talk about their hobby with others.
>>
>>22584190
And they don't tell you about the fifty others that they paid no attention to. The vast majority of people are ignored by the vast majority of others.
>>
>>22584190
Anon, you're projecting.
Please just spray your model kits without worry.
>>
>>22584158
Literally never happens. I prime and clear coat outside. Adults never take note, and the only people that do comment are children just being purely curious, and then they'll usually just think whatever your doing is cool once you answer them.
>>
>>22584179
Skewers with a block of foam to set them in. So legs, arms, body, etc. Lets you rotate the pieces for proper coverage too. You want the whole part to look wet, but not dripping. You got this anon, its not really a big deal
>>
What's so good about the RG Epyon?? I see it praised everywhere but I don't get the hype. Especially for a kit that costs around the same as a MG
>>
>>22584217
's a good kit, simple as
>>
>>22584220
but what is it that makes it good? good articulation? fun to build? is the kit even able to stand on its own without a stand?
>>
>>22584223
yes, yes, and stupid question
>>
>>22584223
>all questions ask about its attributes as a toy
Good to know your priorities
>>
"fun build" is the stupidest snapfaggot comment of all time
>>
>>22584242
Do you not have fun building your kits
>>
>>22584242
you have become so jaded and brainrotten you can't appreciate the concept of enjoying your hobby
>>
its stupid because all builds are fun
>>
imagine responding to obvious bait
>>
>>22584246
not really, a lot of kits are a pain in the ass to build
>>
Femboy anon with the slashed thighs and snapbuilds, can I see your bussy?
>>
>>22584256
That's the fun part
>>
If you think sanding and gap filling is fun you have brainrot. It's work. It takes work to make a model really look nice.
>>
>>22584275
>work isn't fun
Then just buy toys
>>
>>22584275
the entirety of modelling is "work"
it's fun
>>
>>22584278
They don't look even 1/10th as good as something I can do.
>>
>>22584281
Painting is kinda zen but I still wouldn't call it fun. Fun is putting something together after 3 months of work.
>>
File: hg mk ii aeug 1.jpg (211 KB, 1714x2133)
211 KB
211 KB JPG
>>22583831
I finished my HG MK II Gundam
>>
File: hg mk ii aeug 2.jpg (142 KB, 1189x1716)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
>>22584294
>>
File: hg mk ii aeug 3.jpg (210 KB, 1423x2075)
210 KB
210 KB JPG
>>22584298
>>
>>22584294
Weathering looks a bit weird honestly
>>
>>22584294
Still don't know why it looks so thicc on the paint
>>
>>22584158
wow what a retard
>>
>>22584294
pretty nice but you have some weird scratches on the foot/shield you should probably repaint
>>
>>22584308
I think that anon coated too many times to the point the angular sections of the kit became dull.
>>
File: Akira Tani garage kit.jpg (540 KB, 1011x675)
540 KB
540 KB JPG
>>22584275
>It takes work to make a model really look nice.
That's how modeling traditionally works. Example ( not my build ), you have to process the ugly resin cube, barely resembling the design it supposed to convey into something more proper, colorful and toy-like. A true criticism for modelkit targets on its fundamental quality ( articulation, durability and how well can the parts go onto each other ), something that you neither cannot change or very hard to change.
>>
>>22584366
back to your containment thread
>>
>>22584366
I'm glad Tani isn't stuck at Kaiyodo anymore so now his sculpts can actually be turned into high quality kits
The rereleases are such a massive improvement it's unreal
>>
>>22584370
kys
>>22584366
There's nothing traditional about that lmao. Most resin kits don't require scratch SCULPTING.
>>
>>22584366
>A true criticism for modelkit targets on its fundamental quality ( articulation, durability and how well can the parts go onto each other ), something that you neither cannot change or very hard to change.
You can change those just as well as you can change details, people mod fixed pose resin kits with articulated joints
Shit casting quality where most of the details just disappeared and you have to sculpt half the kit by hand is as valid a criticism as any, it makes the final result more impressive by nature of the contrast between the good build and the shit original kit, but that doesn't make the kit not objectively shit
>>
>>22584366
left and right aren't even the same kit, what exactly is this image supposed to prove
>>
File: IMG_2326.png (143 KB, 278x259)
143 KB
143 KB PNG
>>22584275
>>22584242
>somebody out there isn’t painting their kits…
>MY HOBBY IS RUINED

This is what you sound like
>>
>>22584375
>Most resin kits don't require scratch SCULPTING.
Sculpting is inevitable when you go into modelkit hobby. Technically you don't have to do that, but the final result would look dogshit and you would throw a fit about "ugly appearance" on these threads.
>>
>>22584390
It's bait
>>22584370
>>22584366
Nice samefag
>>
File: Akira Tani garage kit.jpg (534 KB, 1011x675)
534 KB
534 KB JPG
>>22584390
My mistake on that, however, it is still Akira Tani kit and the OOB appearance of it won't gonna look any less distasteful. Just buy action figures you don't want to work on your kit, anon.
>>
>>22584396
Not anymore. 3D printers have existed for a decade. Stop being a retard.
>>
>>22584395
You literally bitched about sanding your kit. It is the task even 3 years old can do. As i said, buy toys instead.
>>
>>22584401
>Akira Tani
Why does this franchise have so much celeb worship
>>
>>22584404
Not everyone who disagrees with you is the same person, unfortunately
>>
File: F4pJP3eWEAAsKeW.jpg (498 KB, 2048x1536)
498 KB
498 KB JPG
>>22584403
>3D printers have existed for a decade. Stop being a retard.
Ah yes, the 3D prints that you can just snap together without any sanding and sculptings.
>>
File: maxresdefault(2).jpg (208 KB, 1280x720)
208 KB
208 KB JPG
>>22584408
That's rich
>>
>>22584412
It is now readily apparent you don't know what sculpting actually means. You aren't doing any sculpting to those parts.
>>
>>22584408
Knowing scuptors by name is pretty common in the garage kit scene
>>
>>22584412
You literally can lol. You're supposed to pull off those supports before you do the post-cure, in which case they should come off like better. If you're buying 3d printed parts with the supports on you're getting ripped off
>>
>>22584409
This thread is dedicated to modelkits and the people who work on them further than just snaping. You don't have to turn your kit into a frankenstein monster, but sanding and post processing is a must, especially when you want your kit to look good.
>>
File: F_sm8SkboAAfSHK.jpg (266 KB, 1536x2048)
266 KB
266 KB JPG
>>22584401
>and the OOB appearance of it won't gonna look any less distasteful
?
>>
>>22584415
Katoki isn't some random who-gives-a-fuck Jap
>>
>>22584416
You don't even sand the nubs off your kit. Stop trying to act like a badass.
>>
>>22584396
You're a bit delusional.
>>
>>22584426
Anon, if you think it looks pretty then you are having severe mental illness...
>>
>>22584427
>random who-gives-a-fuck Jap
>celeb worship
Pick one
>>
File: 1691526476679047.jpg (29 KB, 680x681)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>22584430
Learn what words mean before using them, simple as.
>>
File: GLNVylBbQAAdR52.jpg (265 KB, 1509x2048)
265 KB
265 KB JPG
>>22584433
There's some cleanup needed and you're probably going to have to rescribe a few parts but you're acting like melted cheese is the norm when it really isn't.
>>
>>22584435
Learn how to sand your kit first before posting 2008 meme.
>>
>>22584436
>There's some cleanup needed and you're probably going to have to rescribe a few parts
>Not melted cheese
You ruined your own argument.
>>
File: GHUA1A3aIAAOELj.jpg (484 KB, 1542x2048)
484 KB
484 KB JPG
>>22584440
There are degrees of post processing, you know. Doing some basic work is a far cry from
>>22584366
>process the ugly resin cube, barely resembling the design it supposed to convey
>>
File: 1693350132129291.jpg (41 KB, 500x425)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>22584438
But I have no problem with sanding, King Retard of Making Shit Up Mountain. Just admit you don't know what sculpting is or move on and stop being so fucking embarrassing.
>>
C'mon faggot anon, even a child can sand their kits. I knew how to sand those chinese resin kits when i was 6 years old.
>>
>>22584445
It's apparent you were inhaling the dust the whole time.
>>
>>22584443
>No colors
>Looks like shit
Anon, you are trying to hard here. Atleast paint and sculpt it properly before flexing it here.
>>
>>22584443
anon I don't even know how much of that is detail and how much is flash
>>
>>22584438
Lmfao why did you start an argument with someone who isn't even me. I'm working on a resin kit right now and I have to sand basically the entire thing and fill gaps/cracks/bubbles. Stop acting like you know everything because you built a few hg kits.
>>
>>22584444
You have no problem with sanding but having problem with sculpting? Even avatarfagging, too? Faggots in the 2010s were more subtle.
>>
>>22584447
>>22584451
PYW
>>
File: 1688840272909286.gif (2.31 MB, 540x360)
2.31 MB
2.31 MB GIF
>>22584451
Sorry, I'm too busy sculpting the nubs off my Gundam ver Ka to make fun of you for not knowing what avatarfagging actually is.
>>
File: faggot bitching.png (11 KB, 815x174)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>>22584449
> I have to sand basically the entire thing and fill gaps/cracks/bubbles. Stop acting like you know everything because you built a few hg kits.
That's barely a significant here. Everyone do that with their kits. And it is not something you have to "endure", literally just childish shit and cost you around 10 minutes. If you don't like doing that, then why are you even buying kits?
>>
If you don't hand sculpt your figures from lumps of clay you aren't a modeler
>>
File: IMG_4200.jpg (88 KB, 1454x907)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
“Snapfag” should be an autoban. No generative or insightful discussion has come from such shitposts
>>
>>22584461
>he didn't even make the clay
fucking casuals
>>
>>22584455
>Cutting off nubs
>Sculpting
I desperately hope you are pulling some serious sarcasm here, anon, because you look very serious about that statement.
>>
>>22584463
>He didn't form the earth from which the clay was dug
Lol, Lmao even
>>
File: Zeta WIP 002.jpg (2.43 MB, 1440x1920)
2.43 MB
2.43 MB JPG
>>22583831
I started on the Zeta Gundam Ver. Ka while finishing up the Tallgeese II. I'm doing this kit a section at a time since I won't be able to spend as much time on models with the weather being nicer. I'm done the head for now and will start the torso next.
>>
>>22584462
there's a lot of words that should be autobans, really
but alas, people here think freedom of speech is a good idea
>>
>>22584461
>If you don't hand sculpt your figures from lumps of clay you aren't a modeler
And you should start doing it from today.
>>
>>22584464
I'm extremely serious bro. I'm gonna have to sculpt off some mold lines too.
>>
File: Zeta WIP 003.jpg (1.17 MB, 1440x1440)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB JPG
>>22583831
>>22584468
>>
File: 04162024_68997676.png (1.82 MB, 1080x1355)
1.82 MB
1.82 MB PNG
Yo ops wasnt cappin this fucking kit is fire
>>
>>22584460
esl detected, no wonder you love doing menial work
>>
>>22583919
Gundam - good
Char's Zaku II - good but seems like the wrist pieces like to come off easily
Guntank - I like the Guntank, it's solid
Guncannon - feels like it has nice build quality but I couldn't figure out how to make it do the laying down on hands shooting pose from the show
Gouf - favorite kit so far and the first one I panel lined
Gyan - fun design
GM - fun and simple build
>>
>>22584474
Blackest image I've seen in a while
>>
>>22584474
You know I'm not one to get pissed off about things other people do that don't impact me but holy fuck the concept of sneaker collecting makes my blood boil for no real reason
>>
>>22584467
>he's so lazy he couldn't even create his own Elements to make the Earth with in the first place
>>
>>22584474
bailiff, crease his jordans
>>
>>22584471
You are building a Katoki kit aka Snapfag kit. Everything you said before is invalid. Your humor is stale, too, anon. Let me guess, Philipino?
>>
>>22584474
>Jordan 12s
>God Gundam
if you didn't have that naruto funko pop I'd say you're a real nigga
>>
>>22584481
>He didn't start prior to the formation of the known universe
NGMI, missed the golden age
>>
>>22584478
Actually more thoughts on the Gundam, had the tiniest most annoying stickers so far and sanding down the safety flags took a while. But still it's the Gundam it's good.
>>
File: 20240417_033858.jpg (407 KB, 2666x3702)
407 KB
407 KB JPG
>>22584444
>Just admit you don't know what sculpting is or move on
Uh huh. I removed Aerial Rebuild's facevent with a knife. Your turn.
>>
File: 1713300493012.jpg (3.66 MB, 3065x3000)
3.66 MB
3.66 MB JPG
>>22584488
Okay

>>22584508
I kneel, sculptgod...
>>
>>22584518
that's one fat fuck
>>
>>22584518
Go back to retirement home, gramps
>>
File: 1697754448345230.jpg (680 KB, 1433x2434)
680 KB
680 KB JPG
>>22584528
just as our lord and savior izubuchi intended
>>
>>22584518
Where did you buy it from?
>>
>>22584518
cant read that
write it again like a normal person and not a person from the 1400s
>>
>>22584555
https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10036994
I got it here almost exactly 20 years ago when it released. Check JP resellers and/or recast sites these days I guess.
>>
>>22584562
who the fuck keeps kits in their backlog for 20 years
>>
>20 year old backlog
I kneel. Sasuga boomer-sama.
>>
>>22584566
me in 2040 (i only started in 2020 but i have kits from that long ago in my fort)
>>
>>22584566
I've got a dozen or so kits still from around that time period in my backlog still. Spent a long time in apartments without a good setup to do them justice. No real rush on completing them, they aren't going anywhere. The real mindfuck is that if you could access an archive so far back I posted on /m/ about getting these kits back then.
>>
>>22584580
the real mindfuck is that there are probably people in this thread who weren't even alive at that point
>>
>>22584585
Yeah, probably multiple. Years ago I realized it was likely that any thread I visit probably has someone posting in it after 4chan was created, if the amount of underage posters remains a comparable percentage to when it started.
>>
>>22584566
Me if I keep not building my Lfirth Ur
>>
>>22584518
How small we talking’ here?
>>
>>22584615
My body is a perfect grade and it is an entry grade :(
>>
>>22584621
Just get shorter. That’s what I did, and now my dick looks huge
>>
File: icegif-1073.gif (876 KB, 640x640)
876 KB
876 KB GIF
laughing at incompetent flip government shutting down bootleg Gundams and the flip retard celebrating the bootlegs being taken off from e-commerce websites when they're back again just 12 hours later
>>
>>22584695
what
>>
File: 1709592270213075.png (577 KB, 1356x1411)
577 KB
577 KB PNG
>>22584700
the previous thread has a flip celebrating that the government shutdown bootleg Gundam sellers from e-commerce sites, but yeah, they're back again 12 hours later
>>
>>22584711
why would the flip government give a fuck? don't they got drug dealers to gun down?
>>
File: Untitled.png (1.14 MB, 1809x899)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB PNG
>>22584716
jap business investments, flip government has to look good in the eyes of jap business investors, part of it is cracking down on bootleg japanese items, including gunpla
>>
>>22584058
I used that stuff (rattle can version) on some rubber part on a FFS kit some years ago and the paint did not chip to this day.
>>
File: grave.png (648 KB, 711x821)
648 KB
648 KB PNG
>>22584566
>>
File: 20240416_171701.jpg (2.74 MB, 3000x4000)
2.74 MB
2.74 MB JPG
>>22583831
I think it looks better with a matte coat
>>
File: 20240416_171725.jpg (2.68 MB, 3000x4000)
2.68 MB
2.68 MB JPG
>>22584761
>>
>>22584762
Why would anyone write propellant tank on what is obviously a propellant tank?
>>
>>22584761
Disagree, sinanju is one of the few robots that needs a gloss coat.
>>
>>22584735
this is gonna be me one day only I won't have children and either those people that show up to clean up after old people rotted away in their homes comes to take my collection for themselves or my sister's family will sell all my shit
>>
>buy scalped kit on eBay
>seller leaves the old sticker to let me know he only paid a fraction of the price
T-thanks
>>
>>22584773
dont think those cleaners can legally take anything
>>
>>22584773
One of my friends cleans up estates for a living and some of the wealthier families do not give a single fuck about any of their belongings. One time he got a $20,000 TV and a handmade Hermes bag for his gf that ended up being worth more than their entire life savings because the family specifically said "throw everything away we don't want to keep anything"
>>
>>22584781
based scalpers dabbing on canadians
>>
>>22584789
fucking hell
>>
>>22584770
You want to know my secret anon? I think gloss is better too, but I live too far out from town to justify buying some right now
>>
>>22584804
Floor wax.
>>
File: zakuiiifront.jpg (598 KB, 4000x3000)
598 KB
598 KB JPG
>>22583831
started this guy last weekend. I love the Qubeley and the Zaku III so i thought it'd be neat to combine them. i wanna make some modifications to the shoulder binder so it sits lower on the shoulder
>>
File: zakuiiiback.png (943 KB, 904x673)
943 KB
943 KB PNG
>>22584824
>>
>>22584824
not a bad look so far, I like throwing in a heat sword too. Eager to see where it goes.
>>
File: zakuiiibinderopen.png (994 KB, 893x665)
994 KB
994 KB PNG
>>22584826
>>
>>22584826
I feel like the Qubeley's back skirt with all the funnels in it may work as a good replacement for the BLOCK of a backskirt on the zaku 3.
>>
>>22584828
the heat sword is so fucking cool and i don't see many people use them in their customs
>>
>>22584830
I don't think it works very well with the shoulder up like that. It works a lot better when it's down and emulating a Zaku shoulder shield.

I'd try mounting it to the backpack too if I were you, might look nice there. You could also do something Gelgoog Vertex style with them on a backpack behind the shoulders. Just food for thought.
>>
>>22584831
i like the long backskirt of the Zaku III Custom but i was planning to kind of smooth it out a bit, along with using sculpting putty and plaplate to make longer sideskirts, as this guy is gonna get The-O's frontskirts for the subarms and extra verniers. i want a vaguely "cloaked" look going on.
>>
>>22584832
true that, heat weapons in general are underused
>>22584824
also you may consider checking out the Psycommu Zaku III from UC Engage. The idea of giving Zaku III a funnel loadout was floated back when ZZ was in production, and now the idea was realized. Absolutely possible to go your own way with the idea though.
>>
>>22584843
that Zaku III was actually an inspiration for this. It looks super cool. my kit is gonna store funnels from the Jagd Doga in the shoulder binder
>>
>>22584849
based, UC Engage has some really good designs. It's just something about how the ingame models look that makes them kinda ugly.
>>
>>22584843
>Dwadge Custom and Rick Dom beam bazooka rolled into one
That weapon is actually extremely fucking rad.
>>
>>22584859
nta, but I need to collect more HG dom/rick doms for that bazooka alone.
The thing is cool as fuck, and looks great stuck in the hands of any zeon-ish suit.
>>
>>22584888
It's definitely among the best "heavy beam cannon" type weapon designs in the entire franchise honestly. Over the shoulder weapons really get rarer and rarer as time goes on, which is a huge shame.
>>
>>22584824
The hell? It looks much better than the artwork. MG bandai please.
>>
>>22584436
I'm surprised none of the recast studios seemingly managed to get their hands on this thing.
>>
>>22584843
there's nothing about this I don't love
>>
>MG Narrative Gundam is so popular that a lot of retailers are unable to get the 1st shipment and has to settle to 4th re-issue to get their initial stocks in August, unlike Zeta where by 2nd re-issue and its already shelfwarming

So this is the power of Katoki making an actual effort instead of that shitty Zeta ver Ka. I recon this will be an evergreen MG like Nu and Hi-Nu where they get at least a reprint once a year for decades non-stop
>>
>>22584927
>evergreen MG like Nu and Hi-Nu
That would imply people giving a fuck about Narrative
>>
>>22584927
>put in effort
>people buy your stuff
Took me 20 years of college to figure this out by the way.
>>
>>22584927
Maybe if Narrative wasn't a shit movie/design
>>
>>22584927
>a lot of retailers are unable to get the 1st shipment
This sounds more like Bandai's fault for not making enough kits because they put all their machines on SEED kit duty for the next year.
>>
>>22584929
Narrative is tangentially related to Unicorn, and Unicorn stuff, well mostly the Unicorn Gundams and Sinanju sell pretty, pretty well.

the only reason MGEX Unicorn doesn't sell like hotcakes is the absurd price. if they release something like MGEX Unicorn but very basic like the basic Gundam from Perfect Guindam, it will always sell out
>>
https://hobby.dengeki.com/news/2308089/
Burnlapius is here! And I guess my eyes were playing tricks on me earlier, so yeah, we got better colors on this now.
>>
File: hg gundam burnlapius (2).jpg (234 KB, 1200x1200)
234 KB
234 KB JPG
Burnlapius fully announced sirs! I still hate the fact that it's p-bandai.
>>
File: hg gundam burnlapius (4).jpg (205 KB, 1200x1200)
205 KB
205 KB JPG
>>22584964
Zgok mode!
>>
>>22584967
That's a hygogg you fucking normie
>>
>>22584964
>MS most people have never even heard of
>big elaborate kit with limited retail interest
There's absolutely no reason why this should be anything but P-Bandai
>>
>>22584964
>>22584967
sovl
>>
>>22584968
i got it mixed up with Aesculapius for some reason, but yeah.
>>
File: N2570545001006_001.jpg (256 KB, 1200x1200)
256 KB
256 KB JPG
P-Bandai US catalog for tomorrow (September shipping):

>PG Unicorn Perfectibility
>MG Hyaku-Shiki Raise Cain
>HG Mudrock
>MG Heavyarms Custom
>MG Gelgoog Cannon

I still haven't built my stock PG Unicorn, if I hadn't impulse-bought it I might have considered the Perfectibility. The MG Heavyarms will look nice though, and it comes with the clown mask too.
>>
would actually hope for a modern Hydra Gundam and if possible in 1/100 scale

Gundam Battle Assault was the GOAT
>>
>>22584985
>pg perfect with no expansion pack
lmao, getting that fucking heavy arms EW though. Just need the sandrock after it for the set.
>>
>>22584985
>unislop
>naokislop
>wingslop
>wingslop
>sovl
I guess one out of five aint bad
>>
>>22584992
slop this slop that, how bout you slop up my dick
>>
>>22584964
>"cleaned" the head
>added random details everywhere
>replaced mighty speargun with weak bident gun
>shield looks crappy
It looks like a fun build but if someone showed me this I would've assumed it was a SEED suit or something. The new leg details really diverge from Wing aesthetics.
>>
>>22584964
That doesn't look anything like Burnlapius. What the fuck is this?
>>
File: Capture.png (18 KB, 523x99)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>>22584992
also are you stupid
>>
>>22584970
It's not that obscure when there's a fucking manga for G-Unit happening you retard
>>
>>22584964
The new gun instead of the old sword sucks but it looks rad as fuck otherwise.
>>
File: GB23 Results.png (100 KB, 1142x1224)
100 KB
100 KB PNG
With a very close race between two entries, only one may claim first place. Congrats to the Arwing for winning the Vidya Groupbuild! Theme poll inna bit
>>
>>22584474
>Jordan 31
If it weren't for the funkos I would have respected your taste
>>
>>22584985
>still no re-release of the sandrock with the cloak
Caahm ohn!
>>
>>22584997
Akutsu worked on G-Unit before SEED so that's not really surprising.
>>
>>22584789
This is how I got a rumba
>>
>>22584735
i like it when old modelers die with huge backlogs cos all their old shit ends up on ebay and i can buy discontinued kits like those old hasegawa F/A-18s for cheap, often packed full of aftermarket stuff.
>>
>>22584927
>So this is the power of Katoki
More like the power of having only one MG release a year.
>>
>>22584858
Based to u too
>>
>>22585063
I'm glad I got this but I am also upset that it hasn't been reprinted in years.
>>
>>22585067
Hamma-Hamma?
>>
>>22584964
Griepe soon, right ?
>>
File: GLTuyNxaoAcsnHe.jpg (206 KB, 1000x480)
206 KB
206 KB JPG
Bandai just announced a new 30MM ACVI model
>>
File: 1693782608052417.png (3.14 MB, 1202x1242)
3.14 MB
3.14 MB PNG
>>22585076
not a model kit retard
>>
>>22585076
that's not a plamo, it is a figure from the Robot spirits line
>>
>>22585076
that's a Robot Spirits
>>
>>22585070
Yes. Other anons should have the option to buy it but bandai are cunts.
>>
https://forms.gle/cBufnvKptiwhkk528

Vote for the next Groupbuild theme. You can vote for as many themes as you like, and you will have until Friday for Round 1, where the 5 highest voted themes will move onto Round 2.
>>
>>22585083
borked
>>
>>22585076
>>22585077
will it be able to transform into the huge blade thing?
effect parts?
are we fucked?
>>
>>22584967
looks cool as fuck
>>
EXIA 2.0 WHEN
>>
>>22585074
Hope so, even if it'll take half a year to announce it. They revealed the Hyper Mega Particle Launcher in Breaker Mobile, the Re-Operation Griepe is happening any time soon.
>>
File: chew.gif (152 KB, 253x315)
152 KB
152 KB GIF
>>22585084
Should work now
>>
>>22585083
Awww round didn't make it
>>
>>22585091
CHOBI
>>
>>22585092
It's there now, forgot to add it.
>>
>>22585088
1.5 with similar frame parts as the other Gen 3 MS is better, but also come with conversion parts into the R2.
>>
>>22585096
FUCK I JUST VOTED
>>
File: glory to john.jpg (17 KB, 480x360)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
Also added the /tv/ theme since I kinda rushed that poll out and forgot to include that one.
>>
>>22585098
Click the link again, it should reallow you to edit your vote.
>>
>>22585101
I know that now. I just had a slight panic.
thanks.
>>
>>22585083
Option 8 is only labeled as (Take a mecha model and modify it to resemble a mecha or robot of another design) with no title.
>>
>>22585104
Fixed, that's the Imposter build.
>>
>>22585092
I hadn't seen round in the suggestions before. It's a cool idea. I voted for it bro, really can make a ton with it.
>>
>>22585112
So is this manual trolling/spamming or some kind of bot?
>>
>>22585109
Pray for the roundness to make it to the promised land (second round of voting)
>>
File: IMG_6562.jpg (976 KB, 2039x2684)
976 KB
976 KB JPG
what is the gayest mobile suit
>>
>>22585173
(You) are.
>>
>>22585173
whichever one you're piloting
>>
>>22585173
Sazabi, for obvious reasons
>>
File: 20230703150451.jpg (171 KB, 1000x631)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
>>22585173
Obviously this
which you probably pilot
>>
>>22585018
All very nice jobs, I enjoyed the turnout. You guys can put some real work in.

GBD, have you considered a sort of sorting system for favorite entry instead of radio button options, like that one anon before suggested? There were a bunch of entries I really liked in this groupbuild but I could only choose one.
>>
>>22585178
not the nightingale?

>>22585180
which show is that from? if i could pilot any mobile suit it would the kämpfer
>>
What's Gunpla kit should avoid buying?
>>
>>22585191
the ones you don't like. most are fine, even the worst ones.
>>
>>22585191
Everything released after 1999 is fine
>>
>>22585190
>which show is that from
gwitch
>>22585191
RG Crossbone it's way too cool for a square like you to build
>>
>>22584964
>>22584967
The original design looked like something Tokita just made up on the spot for its 5 panels of appearance, I'm surprised they managed to clean it up and incorporate a transformation.
>>
>>22584999
the remake of G-Unit manga redesigned the suits to make them look modern. the LO Booster Bird Mode now looks like an actual bird instead of a half-assed formation of the original.
>>
>>22585180
Calibarn is badass by virtue of being a Tallgeese successor
>Stark white
>forgotten prototype that mogs everything in production
>actively tries to kill the pilot
>doesn't fuck around with a billion weapons, only notable for high speed/maneuvering and a fuckoff rifle
So what if it was the conduit for gay space magic
>>
>>22585228
>Lights up rainbow colours
>Piloted by a lesbian
it's gay as fuck
>>
witch from mercury? more like FAGGOT GAY SHOW FOR A BUNCHA QUEERS
>>
File: you lose.png (1.13 MB, 1720x1416)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB PNG
>>22585018
Not surprised the Arwing won, was loving all the wip and the work going into it, but that creeper was certainly a big hit too
And to the one person who voted for me, thank you anon
>>
>>22585281
>and to the person who voted for me
It was you
>>
>>22585294
nope, I voted for Arwing (And Turn Alex for paint)
never vote for myself because I'm never worth it
>>
>>22585076
C'mon nigga, think before posting. If it was part of the 30mm model kit line, bandai would include it in this promotional image, hell, seeing ROBOT(KANJI)" should tell you its a robot damashii figure
>>
>>22585018
Turn Alex was the superior choice
>>
>>22584987
Battle assault 2 is easily in the top 5 all time greatest fighting games. Wish I knew where my copy went
>>
>>22585315
he left
safety flags
on
>>
>>22584782
That wont stop them, believe me
>>
Kill all lazy snapfaggots
>>
>>22585328
Then there would be no one left
>>
>>22585319
adds personality and SOVL
>>
File: Alex_Yiik.jpg (184 KB, 1079x1538)
184 KB
184 KB JPG
>>22585319
What!?!! He left the safety flags on!?!! Tell me what's going on!!! I am literally YIIKing right now!!!
>>
I think the turn alex looks like shit and whatever it was based on looks like some tumblr garbage. GPG is trannies confirmed.
>>
>she doesn't know
>>
>>22585385
I looked it up. It has black people and redditor self-inserts kek. You guys are a bunch of fuckin fags.
>>
>>22585385
>>22585398
that's the joke
>>
i dont watch faggy little shows like dyke from mars or shitty little queer games like yuck i play real games for real men like gundam: target in sight for the ps3
>>
>>22585400
>we were just pretending to be massive cuck faggots
>>
Video games are for fat retards
>>
File: Burnlapius compare.jpg (767 KB, 1874x1775)
767 KB
767 KB JPG
>>22584999
It's based on the redesign from the recent Operation Galiarest manga
>>
>>22585493
I wish they at least keep the old lance.
>>
>>22584964
>>22584967
another Wing unit to add to my collection
>>22585493
its interesting that they changed the main weapon
>>
File: vayeate.jpg (504 KB, 3072x4080)
504 KB
504 KB JPG
>>22585083
Got something that might be usable for the Wing anniversary build or the "fix up an old kit" build. Quite a few broken joints, old/dead polycaps and busted pieces (I think a couple of missing bits too) in this one.
>>
File: zz16_m0002.jpg (442 KB, 1726x1232)
442 KB
442 KB JPG
>>22584859
it's also really interesting because Dwadge Custom is a bit of an enigma, as it sure as hell doesn't look like JUST a Dwadge upgraded with parts looted from the Federation. Ain't nobody ever seen a GM with that beam bazooka.
What people have seen, however, was a very similar design as a paper plan for a different Dreissen loadout.
>>
>moved places
>have about 80 kits disassembled and wrapped up in boxes for a couple months now
>dont really want to take them out and display them anymore
>still have 40+ kits in my backlog
In a bit of a pickle
>>
so EU pb store had that one more surprise drop a while back and nothing since then, once again? What, we're just gonna have a france-only tiny drop every half a year or something?
>>
>>22585018
Mascot Anon here, participants may make request for mascot
I can promise two request this time
Winner(arwing) get priority request.
please post new picture of your entry and suggest a creatures.
I'm a bit busy during this periods, so it might take a while for me to finish a request.
Final result will be replied to show your WIP. Unless acknowledged, the final result of the mascot will be posted again in the next voting periods or result announcement.
I will post WIP if I feel like it.
>>
literally who asked for this
>>
>>22585743
Is that Delta?
>>
>>22585112
holy schizo
>>
>>22585743
Me, I asked for it. I am the one who wanted a 2700 yen Delta Gundam recolour. You are all welcome.
>>
>>22585743
fuck you Delta II is cool
>>
>>22585743
>the pbandai version is cheaper because it doesn't have gold coating
Ok I guess
>>
>>22585341
good
>>
>>22585743
why are you seething about a gundam base recolor from 9 fucking years ago? why do you care if it got a reprint either?
>>
File: ZZ2006003_01.jpg (89 KB, 858x900)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
thoughts on the exceed model heads gashapon line? they look pretty cool
>>
>>22585770
they seem like a nice change of pace and a good painting project but I can't figure out what kind of price is reasonable for them. Via vending machine lottery they're apparently like 500 yen but buying it online is obviously gonna be more expensive. But MG kit prices are definitely still too much, right?
>>
>>22585743
>still no MG Delta Gundam
Of all the things to make P-Bandai, you would think that would be the obvious one.
>>
>>22585770
that zaku head is shit, you have to gacha a and b head parts to form just a zaku head. you may get bad luck and may only get all a or b parts

previous ones were only about gacha-ing recolored gundam heads
>>
>>22585779
You say that, but I will just say MG Zaku I 2.0.
>>
>>22585780
well now i'm confused, the online sellers I see only sell complete sets it seems, or just one of these parts and not the other, like at all
>>
>>22585780
I don't think that's right, all the reviews and videos of it I can find look like you only need one set to have the full head. The pic anon used there >>22585770 isn't a good choice either as these are specifically customize parts to replace the normal exceed zaku head's parts with more detailed ones
>>
>>22585780
>>22585817
the b part is just the led
>>
File: zaku head.jpg (128 KB, 1024x1023)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>>22585770
They are very fun to paint and look good on display, though expect to do quite a bit of sanding because the surface doesn't come smooth and the plastic isn't as nice as actual gunpla
>>
>>22585845
Why didn't you get rid of the rest of the greeble?
>>
>>22585879
Probably because he didn't want to, moron
>>
>>22585657
I just moved myself, my number of kits isnt as high as yours but same situation- 2 totes full of bubble wrapped kits just sitting there. Gonna make myself put everything up on Saturday
>>
>>22585406>>22585411

Nobody cares anon
>>
>want to try to mix-build a Narrative A-packs for the upcoming MG Narrative
>looks at the FA Unicorn for booster parts
>will have to buy at least 2 MG FA Unicorn to get the necessary parts
>look at Daban, but all MG FA Unicorn has been sold out since MG Narrative was announced
looks like there will be plenty of builders will be making a MG Narrative A-packs as soon as MG Narrative is released
>>
>>22585893
the booster parts are the least of your problems when making A Packs
>>
>>22585879
Why didn't your mother get rid of the pregnancy?
>>
>>22585845
oh that does look neat. I can see them being sold for a bit less than a HG kit, think I'll cop one
>>
File: Starfox Arwing.jpg (1.56 MB, 2160x2160)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB JPG
>>22585018
>>22585281

That's awesome, thanks to the people who voted for the Arwing. I thought the Creeper would win for sure, I really loved how it looked. The Arwing's paint turned out much worse than I'd hoped. The primer failed to cure, so I had to reprime it, but removing gummy primer from putty isn't easy so the surface came out uneven. It stayed wet long enough to bleed under the tape and destroy the window edges. I had to go heavy on the wear to hide it which wasn't my original plan. I'm not sure what caused the primer to fail, I've use it many times, including on the Tallgeese II since then.
>>
>>22585893
The obvious solution is to buy a 3d printer and just Blender yourself the parts you need.
>>
>Bandai says April shipments will have a slight delay
>Currently 2 weeks and counting passed my ship date with no word
Okay.
>>
>>22584964
I hate that G-Unit kits are always so pricey since they include a bunch of Geminass leftovers.
>>
>>22585952
Sorry gweilo, we went in too hard on seed and didn't realize that everything else is better.
>>
>>22585743
I'd get this cause I don't want to go through the annoying process of removing the gold electroplating shit off the regular one and this dumb gold coating is why the regular retail delta is so damn expensive for a piece of junk
>>
>>22585957
you clearly hate the kit so why do you care?
>>
>>22585952
My ship date was on the 9th and I haven't gotten any updates either. Not that I mind terribly since it's ending up in my box fort anyways, but that shit is starting to get uncomfortably big.
>>
>>22585943
what percentage of this was scratchbuilt?
I know that the fuselage was 100%, both those blue pods on top as well?
>>
>>22585958
I don't, I see it as custom potential.
>>
File: IMG_6576.jpg (461 KB, 1675x1642)
461 KB
461 KB JPG
>use sprays
>paint looks relatively clean and nice
>try hand painting
>picrel is what happens
i’m going to kill myself
>>
File: IMG_6574.jpg (414 KB, 1861x1133)
414 KB
414 KB JPG
>>22586044
and the big lasers for comparison
i know you have to start somewhere whenever learning something new but idk if i’ll ever be able to get at hand painting
>>
>>22586044
Recount your hand painting process. What paint did you use? Did you thin it and if so what with and how much? What brush did you use? What was your technique?
>>
>>22586044
How the fuck
>>
>>22586068
i used tamiya acrylic and a little brush
dipped the brush in the orange paint, then brushed it on the side to get a bit off. then i would just sort of put the brush down on the area where i wanted paint and it would just sort of come off the brush and sort of flow onto the plastic in the thruster indentation
sometimes if i was running lower on paint i’d have to wiggle it around to spread the paint but that made it look thin and uneven
then i washed off the brush and used the black paint similarly, but my hands were really shaking badly from anxiety so it was hard to drop the paint in the right place or the right amount
it was really hard to gauge how much paint would come off the brush, sometimes i had to use my knife to scoop out extra paint
plus adding the black paint could disturb the orange paint
>thin it
idk what that means honestly
>brush
a walmart brush that’s not super fine but not a wide brush, maybe 2mm?
idk it’s my first time hand painting literally anything so idk really what to do, i just assumed it would be like using a marker or something

>>22586069
the power of 85iq
>>
>>22586044
>>22586047
What paint brand are you using?
>>
>>22586089
tamiya acrylic
>>
>>22586081
>i used tamiya acrylic
There's your problem, alcohol based paint sucks for brush painting
>>
>>22586081
Anon, there are plenty of tutorials, there's even some in OP. Just spend a few minutes looking at footage of people painting and you'll already improve tenfold compared to whatever the fuck that is you were trying.
>>
>>22586097
oh ok i thought acrylic was safer though for some reason

>>22586098
yeah i guess i will, i just assumed it would be easy enough to do without a tutorial since like kids make paintings all the time that look better than what that is lmao
>>
>>22586081
Damn bro, you are starting from completely nothing huh? Tamiya Acrylic is more difficult to work with but you've already got it so it is what it is. It can only be thinned with alcohol or their own thinner as opposed to water based acrylics. You need to thin paint to make it flow properly. You also need to shake the shit out of any paint prior to using it to evenly distribute the pigments, which naturally settle to the bottom over time. Your brush size and shape matters for the ways you paint with it and the size of the part. Everytime you're brush painting any amount of colour you need to realize you paint in strokes, not by just jamming the brush around. A defined stroke from start to finish. Repeat over and over in a measured manner.

For those, you'd have had an easier time painting them yellow with spraycans and then painting everything else. Yellow and white can be notoriously hard to hand paint, especially above dark colours. That was your first mistake actually.
>>
>>22586102
You fell into the trap of paint labeling being garbage, Tamiya is called "acrylic" just as paint like Vallejo is called "acrylic" but the two have effectively nothing in common
The easiest paint for brush painting is going to be water based acrylics (or enamels but they take a long time to cure)
>>
>>22586044
>handpainting yellow
>over dark gray
You basically picked the most difficult thing you could possibly do on your first try.
>>
>>22586104
>>22586113
>>22586111
thanks for the feedback, i shall reevaluate and try again in the future, hopefully a little more prepared
>>
>>22586116
Don't sweat it bro. Watch some 40k mini painting tutorials. Duncan's various painting videos are excellent and there's a ton of other youtubers out there that really go through the process. This might not technically be mini painting, but when you're painting details that size it basically is.
>>
>>22586081
Well Yellow and White and notoriously "difficult" to paint because you need several passes just to get a good consistent coat. You'll want to prime the areas you're painting if you want it to look consistent, usually in a light neutral colour like white or grey.

Also as another anon said hand painting alcohol/solvent paints has a learning curve to them so you would be better off investing in some water based acrylics, which are easier to work with and are ideal for detail work because the main disadvantage (durability) is not as much of an issue. Vallejo is a popular brand for miniature painting and they do a line of paints that come pre-thinned for air brushing that are also great for hand painting.
>>
>>22585976
The fuselage was entirely plate except for a few accent parts. Wings are 50/50 with a lot of leftover wing parts from the Ex-S and Deep Striker. The G-Diffusers are about 75% spare parts from multiple kits and action base 5s, only the rear half of the top section is plate.
>>
>>22586170
The real question is: which member of Star Fox does this Arwing belong to?
>>
>>22586211
bwuh?
>>
>>22586220
;)
>>
neat
>>
>>22586238
I got that email too. Doesn't really matter to me since I'm not canadian and hell if I would go to canada just to visit a gunpla store.
>>
>>22586247
im like 40 minutes away, il go to the new location like once
>>
>>22586252
They're too expensive any way. I ordered from them because they had a "rarer" kit in stock that nobody else had and after the conversion the price + shipping was reasonable.
>>
>>22586259
no shit it will be pricy, you are ordering from out of country, argama is one of the best priced stores in toronto
>>
>>22586113
imo painting white over red is the worst, it'll be pink no matter what you do so you just gotta use white primer
>>
File: file.png (22 KB, 517x209)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
>>22586262
Like I said, the kit that I ordered factoring in shipping and price conversion was more than reasonable. However, the rest of your stuff is too expensive.
>>
>>22586280
Also when the hell did this thing release???
>>
>>22586281
a good few years ago
>>
File: IMG_6589.jpg (1.29 MB, 2319x3744)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB JPG
paint retard back again, this time i tried using masking tape and thinning the black paint with some ipa and it turned out better for sure
>>
>>22586284
Was it on USA pbandai? I'm not finding it.
>>
>>22586287
I wouldn't know, i'm europleb
>>
>>22586280
The Stark Jegan was $82 USD on P-Bandai at the end of last year, a $19 markup doesn't seem bad at the end of the day.

>>22586287
P-Bandai, 2019. Hasn't ever been on US P-Bandai apparently, since I'm not finding it through search.
>>
>>22586286
Things like the black paint inside the triangle are one of the cases where using enamels for detail painting can be very nice. It tends to level itself out when thinned properly over the curing time and you can just treat it like panel liner, dabbing a very wet brush of it into it. Acrylics dry too quickly to be able to do this. That's why you can see it's a bit thick in the corners there, it pooled up and is drying there. You can avoid that by using even thinner coats with acrylics, too.

Does look way better than your last ones though, and the yellow's far better.
>>
>>22586044
Primer could never
>>
Relatively new to gunpla, only built two RGs so far the Mk II and the 00 Raiser. I know RGs are supposed to get better after the Unicorn with the inner frames no longer turning floppy but do they also get better in terms of not disassembling themselves? It's annoying that my 00 can't stand up while wearing the 0 Raiser, but it's even more annoying that the back of the torso among other things just straight up falls off with only minimal provocation. The Mk II is sturdier but still needed some glue to make it stop popping its own hip and kneecap out.
>>
>>22586368
>The Mk II... needed some glue
Works on my machine
>>
>go to local Hobby Lobby to price-match the MG Proto-Zero I bought last week
>eh, since I have some spare time may as well ask about the diorama stuff
>it was literally in the same aisle as the the Gunpla, just on the opposite side

I feel kind of stupid now. But taking a look at it, most of the stuff seems to be for building model train dioramas. I guess for trees there isn't really any such thing as scale though.
>>
Are there any youtube channels that have chill build videos? None of that adhd-zoomer editing every snap and the dumbfuck fingertapping where you can barely tell what's going on
>>
>>22586411
It’s hard to get a scale model tree that actually feels like a scale model of a 50ft tree.
The size of trees in general is a mental blind spot for 99% of people
>>
>>22586414
アムロのガンプラ制作
>>
>>22586414
>dumbfuck fingertapping
Fingertapping? I make a point to avoid using youtube, but that sounds like a miserable thing to have in a model building guide.
>>
>>22586416
Arigatou my kokujin
>>22586417
It's a thing they only really do at the start but I've noticed a lot of channels do it and I immediately take it as a sign of trash
>>
>>22586419
he mainly just does build reviews btw, but does have a few vids on customization.
>>
>>22586414
the thing you're trying to complain about is ASMR
>>
>>22586415
>The size of trees in general is a mental blind spot for 99% of people
Yeah, same with how tough they are.
>>
File: ua9kqj8mg4vc1.jpg (141 KB, 1080x991)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
the other black knights are p bandai
>>
>>22586238
I want to fuck that beaver thing
>>
>>22586436
The white mans curse...
>>
File: 20240417_100457.jpg (1.87 MB, 3024x2496)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB JPG
>>22583831
Got a Scopedog today, going to paint and weather it. Should be a cool and fun time.
>>
File: IMG_6605.jpg (937 KB, 2380x2070)
937 KB
937 KB JPG
finished the f91, aside from the travesty of the verniers it looks pretty good imo
>>
File: IMG_1988.jpg (343 KB, 1400x831)
343 KB
343 KB JPG
>>22586451
For future projects, it can help to learn reverse wash techniques, particularly for HG kits where color separation is shit and you have to do it all yourself. For instance, these swords are just two pieces but you can see how the indented area on the blade is supposed to be a different color. Instead of just hand-painting the gray directly onto the yellow, I put a layer of gloss coat and then sprayed the gray over that segment, then went over the raised areas with a small scrap of tissue paper lightly dipped in mineral spirits. "Erasing" the undesirable parts can be easier in lots of situations than painting only the desired parts, while simultaneously looking significantly better.
>>
File: IMG_6616.jpg (407 KB, 1904x1498)
407 KB
407 KB JPG
>>22586436
lmao

>>22586464
ty anon
>>
>>22586451
You could clean that up a lot more and there's distinct areas you should touch up black. The interior of the vernier on the bottom of the shoulder armour, the line on the shins, thighs and biceps, probably some other places. Get in there with a q-tip and some thinner.
>>
>>22584812
That's a good replacement? The more you know I guess
>>
>>22586478
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGhZ56Jp4gw
It gunks up airbrushes pretty good if you let it sit for more than 20 minutes, but a good dunk in Windex will clean it right off. Besides being super cheap, it's also very forgiving in how you apply it. Despite what the video says about thinning, you can pretty much just pour it straight into the airbrush after shaking the bottle a bit, it's runny as all hell.
>>
File: N2351770001008_003.jpg (68 KB, 560x482)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>MG
can we just have the entire wing line as HG or RG yet?
>>
>>22586488
>Another re-release of the wing shit but in a different scale
You WOULD want that you dumb idiot. Bandai loves you.
>>
File: 71FGLxQxQnL._AC_1500_.jpg (123 KB, 1428x1058)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>22586502
PG wing gundam when
>>
>>22586488
There are HG kits of the EW suits. They were just made back in 1998.
>>
Any ways to search for model kits by colour? I want to more bright coloured kits. Orange, bright green, light blue, hot pink, that sort of thing
>>
>>22586529
Paint them those colors
>>
File: IMG_6619.jpg (1.24 MB, 3563x1960)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB JPG
>>22586529
just build zeta kits, they’re really quite loud in their designs and that often extends to their coloring
>>
>>22586536
I don't like painting model kits the wrong colour. It makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong

>>22586537 zeta kits are nice and all, but I would like others too
>>
>>22586529
There are too many model kits for someone to have such a sorting algorithm really, most people don't care about that. Just look through dalong.
>>
>>22586542
Thank you, I will consider those.
>>
>>22586435
At least they are one set to save the trouble of buying separately. If you want to commit on getting everyone, Bandai won't separate them, period. It's like with the Kamen Rider Blade Figuarts line: They're perfect with their bikes that they have to give Garren his bike without a second thought. And he's retail.
>>
>>22586542
Nice
>>
>>22586514
Wing Zero*
>>
>>22586514
If they were ever going to make one it would've been back in 1999
>>
>>22586538
>It makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong
based autistic purist
>>
File: F_uyolAbIAAyxfI.jpg_large.jpg (185 KB, 1200x1279)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
>>22586538
Ok but how do you feel about mobile suits like GMs PG and Zakus that are canonically painted in custom colors by their pilots?
>>
>>22586467
Goddamn this is gay
>>
>>22586451
Wear shorts
>>
File: Ssssssssssssss.jpg (436 KB, 1204x688)
436 KB
436 KB JPG
>>22585943
Congratulations Arwing Anon!
Beautifully scratch built model. Well done.
Funny enough, I thought the Arwing would win this contest easily. The Mecha Creeper did a lot better than I thought for such a silly model. Thank you to everyone who voted for it.
>>
>>22586542
i want a twink bf so bad bros....
>>
>>22586435
>¥8950
Lmao so you have to buy the whole set
>>
So Burnlapius in a week or two?
>>
>>22586706
>Runescape capes on top of runescape knights
>>
we are all modellers
>>
>we
>>
File: 20240417_211124.jpg (372 KB, 1080x1080)
372 KB
372 KB JPG
Day 1 of turning my bitch ex-wife's closet into a spray booth/ hobby room
>>
>>22586738
Post her nudes
>>
New Moderoid Patlabor kit
>>
>>22586435
>>22586706
I have to admit, there was a part of me that was hoping that they actually would commit to just making one kit for the Rud-ro.A and making literally all the colored parts stickers. Then either ship a universal kit with four huge-ass sticker sheets; or make four different "kits" where literally the only differences are the box art, manual art and what color the sticker sheet is.
>>
File: 11081290b7.jpg (248 KB, 1086x1200)
248 KB
248 KB JPG
>>22586753
>>
File: 11081291b7.jpg (254 KB, 1086x1200)
254 KB
254 KB JPG
>>22586753
>>22586761
>>
What's a good MG Feddie grunt to grab?
>>
>>22586785
Jegan
>>
>>22586785
Only one I've built has been the Jegan but it was a really fun and satisfying build.
>>
>>22586785
GM 2.0
>>
File: pc220265.jpg (232 KB, 768x1024)
232 KB
232 KB JPG
>>22586785
define what is good?

if you mean good as in really great articulation, then there's Jegan.

if you mean good as in no frills, there's the GM 2.0 and all of its OYW variants which is based from Gundam 2.0

if you mean good as in it looks good in the cabinet, there's Rezels

if you mean good as in extremely cheap, there's Ground GM and GM Sniper

if you mean good as in the design looks really good, there's EFSF Zaku F2 and Jesta

but above all else, nothing will compare to Ball
>>
Should I get the ReGuhZee?
It’s looking pretty nice
>>
File: file.jpg (41 KB, 648x1080)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
which is better gaia clear ex 10 flat or mr gx super smooth flat and why?
>>
>>22586928
I like gaia more because it feels like you can thin it more but you get basically the same effect
>>
File: cgm138_j_leg.jpg (85 KB, 1057x700)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>22586918
if you already have a ReGZ, although the upgrades are more drastic than Dom/Rick Dom 1.5, it still kinda sucks and didnt upgrade the parts that needed it the most (hips, knees and ankles)
>>
File: Zeta WIP 004.jpg (1.46 MB, 1080x1080)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB JPG
>>22583831
>>22584472
Painted the torso parts. I'm going with a brighter blue, darker red and darker yellow, and two different shades of white. I test fit the kit to see how bad the transformation is and it's a rickety thing. It's going to be tough to transform without marring the paint. I think this one will transform once, then forever remain in humanoid form.
>>
>>22583831
is that the takumi conversion kit? did you find any issues with fitting? Really interested on getting the kit since it seems like it adds color separation for the black and gold instead of making the part just raised detail.
>>
File: 5621675.jpg (918 KB, 1825x2968)
918 KB
918 KB JPG
he's so fucking wide and his neck is so fucking flimsy
>>
>>22586957
Hips, knees and ankles are some of the least necessary updates though. Leg articulation is nowhere near as important as shoulder and arm articulation. The ReGZ's gonna do and hold just about any pose with its legs people want. Bending your leg back a full 180 degrees with hyper extending knees really adds just about nothing.
>>
>>22587019
just needs panel lines and a topcoat bro
>>
File: 723465.jpg (182 KB, 1024x678)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
>>22587075
probably gonna paint the whole thing, i dunno how well it shows up on camera but th white isnt actually white, its a bright silver gunmetal color. and there are some bits i'd like to paint properly, like the bit on his head that sticks up from the back, its meant to be black but they just moulded it all white. also going to fix the neck joint, probably just going to add super glue and shave it down to make it a bit of a tighter fit. but weathering something white will be fun at least, probably gonna do what this guy did and paint the visor to make the blue eyse brighter
>>
>>22586414
There's SDARK and his LED wizardry
>>
New thread. I'm still working on the Arwing's box cover, so it will be ready for the thread after.

>>22587158
>>22587158
>>22587158
>>
File: clampcerous.png (135 KB, 490x274)
135 KB
135 KB PNG
>>22587155
>wizardry
Now explain what type so we can get Rayfail out of SRW.
>>
File: 1702949095871058.png (36 KB, 415x434)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
>>
File: dafuq.png (267 KB, 449x391)
267 KB
267 KB PNG
>>22589222
Looks like you conjured up trips.
>>
>>22589224
We say this and yet bringing home bacon in a frying pan is hard than the Smash Mouth song Mystery Man would have you believe.
>>
>>22585190
nigga it's on the box
>>
>>22586414
Related to this, I remember seeing a video of a build where the guy filmed next to his window right up high in a skyscraper, white walls, bright.
I remember the video being chill asf but can't find the guy for the life of me, I don't even remember what the build was either. (was a while ago I watched it)
Anyone know who this guy would be?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.