[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: image0.jpg (303 KB, 1170x1840)
303 KB
303 KB JPG
Are you guys excited for the future of literature?
>>
File: 1714843675778846.webm (2.49 MB, 480x720)
2.49 MB
2.49 MB WEBM
>>
It's all your fault anons, here's your metamodernism at its finest
>>
>OP does not understand irony
Many such cases
>>
>>23355895
What's wrong with it?
It uses expression that is too modern for us
My main problem is that the description of the male lead is really confusing
>>
>>23355903
>no they can't cook
>>
giving raymond chandler "like Mae West's hips" vibes
>>
>>23356192
hit em with a curve ball. I mean damn I thought he'd at least givem cooking.
>>
>>23355895
Why'd you make another thread?
>>23355903
It's barely begun, zoomers are the metamodern gen.
>>
>>23356268
I said something similar in the other thread--like James Ellroy pastiche with the slightly unusual but slang-y verbs and abundance of references.
>>
File: 1697917375000879.jpg (149 KB, 1024x1024)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
>>23355903
>A woman's place is over the hot stove, huh?
>No, they can't cook
>>
i actually liked that, i would read more
>>
>>23355895
Depends on how this continues. Ironic internet generation zeitgeist prose might not be enough. Also it seems like everything repeats itself. This could basically be an excerpt of an early Tao Lin story. The problem is that the 'voice of the generation' approach alone doesn't attract readers. It has to be more than that. Look at how many people have read Tao Lin books on goodreads. But maybe if it's a girl journalists will be emotionally invested enough to facilitate a more substantial hype.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91gT68xeDMM
>>
>>23355936
It's still shit.
>>
who will win? the originator or the imposter?
>>
>>23360771
Didn't this whore ruin her life with drugs? As long as the Zoomer stays off the weed and coke she should outlast poor Mira.
>>
>>23355936
>it's supposed to be unreadable
>>
>>23355895
>Are you guys excited for the future of literature?
Yes! I'm working on it.
>>
>>23356102
It's giggle squee word salad, though I can't judge an entire book off one excerpt, but if it is an accurate depiction then hey not bad for a first try
>>
I genuinely do not understand the first two sentences and not because of the random haplogroup nonsense stuff. "He was giving [list of adjectives]. She was giving [list of adjectives]." This is not how "giving" works as a verb. Was each sentence supposed to end with "vibes" or something? "He was giving [list of adjectives] vibes"? Is that how I'm supposed to understand it?
>>
>>23362330
Basically, yeah.
>>
>>23362340
How'd this get past the editor then? A transitive verb missing an object could be done for stylistic purposes, but this doesn't seem like an instance of that given how (relatively) straightforward this passage is. Is this just how the youngins write on discord these days and now books are going to be written like that? I'll stick with books written by dead white guys, thanks.
>>
>>23356192
>>23356325
Jewish women can't cook. They even have a holiday about it.
>>
>>23355895
Honor Levy is the stupidest name i've ever heard. It sounds like a tax you pay to support crippled veterans.
>>
>>23362352
It's zoomer slang, means something like "evoking"
"serving" is used the same way
Both (but especially "serving") can also be used intransitively
>>23360771
>>23360820
who?
>>
>>23360771
They're nothing alike. Megan is just badly aged Roggenbuckian faux-naivete, Honor's style has a cruel streak that sets her apart from that Hipster Runoff era nonsense.
>>
>>23355895
This took a second to understand but it was kinda entertaining by the end of it. I'd read more of this.
>>
>>23355903
>A woman’s place is over a stove?
>No they can’t cook
Fucking lmao based
>>
>>23362609
this is interesting. i'm reminded of an episode where a black ganster in the probation era is talking to a white gangster he never met before, and he talks in black dialect with stong accent like "this nigga ain't gonna buy your booze at that price" or whatever and the other guy says "it's said isn't, not ain't" with some disgust in his face, and the other says "you understood me tho, didn'tcha?"

the point is that, does it matter that we speak correctly, or not, and if so how much and why. in other words is my disdain for literature such as OP's fair or not
>>
>>23362330
It's called context clues anon, they even teach it in American education, never heard of the word used like that but I understood.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.