[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_2390.jpg (32 KB, 480x270)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>sitting outside in park after lunch
>enjoying the beautiful day
>digesting the food
>watching the wild life around the duck pond
>reading my book
>feel a dark presence descend upon me
>it gets eerily quiet
>can't hear any nature sounds
>the air feels tense
>*AHEM*
>HARRO!
Not today you Korean fuck. Lol, I didn't even let that fucker start his "HARRO WIRD YOU RIIIKE TO JERN MY KOREAN CHERCH" spiel. I immediatelybstood up when he cleared his throat and told that old faggot I'm not interested and walked away. I didn't even need to look up to know it was him. As soon as I felt the atmosphere change, I knew. Then I heard his fucking annoying retarded throat clearing and got the fuck out of his predatorial grasp.
Get fucked retard, and fuck you for ruining my afternoon in the park.
>>
It’s interesting how people have now problem interrupting your reading to ask what you’re reading. If you went up to someone looking at their phone and asked them what they were looking at though you would be seen as weird
>>
>>23330373
It's because the phone holds private communications and is multi-faceted. A newspaper or a book is not like that. It's very obvious what you're engaging in, and asking about what you're reading can provoke a conversation about its subject. With the phone, I have no idea what you're doing, and asking that question becomes an invasion of privacy and too personal (you could be reading texts). Also, people have been raised with the idea that their internet browsing history should be private. Most people are not open about what they browse on the internet other than blanket statements such as "news", "videos", and "social media". Me asking what you're reading on the phone all of a sudden forced you to divulge what content you view on social media. It's just poor taste.
>>
I was given a bible by a street preacher and read it on my shift at a local bar. A (very hot) girl approached me and said she would bring me “good” books if I stopped reading that “trash”. She was really triggered by it. I just laughed and said “I’ve already read Green Eggs and Ham”. She got pissed but we became friendly the next time I saw her. I think she got beat by her convict boyfriend later. I always heard a lot of rumors about her but never got to know her well.
>>
I’m constantly being pestered by attractive college aged women who ask me what I’m reading.
I’ve learned to just say Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace just so they walk away with a disgusted look on their face.
I rused them though. I’m actually reading White Fragility.
>>
>>23330418
>admits to being a subhuman ereader
YIKES!
>>
File: 33.jpg (8 KB, 183x276)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>Sit at workbench during lunch eating my sandwiches and reading
>others put headphones in and watch their shows
>others scroll tiktok quietly
>some talk quietly
>all in small area about 30' square feet
>nigger is hired
>watches loud shit that interrupts everybody
>shouts and talks to his phone as he watches sports and niggershit
>we all share looks
>conspire to get him fired
>don't have to conspire, turns out he was caught stealing
>literally first week
>mfw
>>
>>23330594
based African King breaking the wagecuck chains and not having a heckin normal one.
>>
File: 1658888560449971.jpg (61 KB, 750x768)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>23330600
There was a moment when we all realized we were watching an animal in a cage. One that can not be domesticated or made to act human. It was eye opening.
>>
>>23330366
No one really ever does because I’m usually reading history or some intense theoretical work. Not much of a conversation piece for the unwashed masses. I’m not about to have a conversation about merchants in Venice or Hopi time sense or the scapegoat theory with some average fuckface.
>>
>>23330366
Thats a fucked up way to respond to someone who is trying to talk to you about a belief system they feel has helped them out. Regardless of what you were doing. Could have just wrote "hey /lit/, im self absorbed and self important," and saved precious storage space at the data centers.
>>
>>23330836
I listened to him the first five time he did this. I'm done with him. He isn't interested in what you have to say anyways, and he doesn't want a conversation. He just wants to preach to you and hand you his shitty little card. He's a fucking narcissist. I'm tired of this chink-eyed fuck ruining my peaceful afternoons. I heard him out five times. I told him no each time. Stop bothering you my dog-eating Korean nigger.
>>
>>23330836
OP BTFO you with his reply. If this is the umpteenth time the same guy has approached you and you've told him no each time, the Korean christcuck is in the wrong. OP would be wrong if this was the first time it had happened or if the person was truly a stranger. Hopefully the Korean learned a lesson from OP's reaction, or at least figured out he had approached this guy many times before. I doubt it however. The people who accost you in this fashion to "share the Gospel" are sociopaths.
>>
>>23330887
I still think you're being ridiculous, he's not being a sociopath, he's being a zealot. The intent is still good, but the approach is self centered and forceful.
But yes; if it's constant repeated, that puts a very different spin on it. I concede to that.
>>
>>23330836
>hey /lit/, im self absorbed and self important,"
Not a real issue
>>
File: 1656812004204.jpg (214 KB, 720x745)
214 KB
214 KB JPG
I've only ever been approached once, and it was fine
>riding on bus
>pretty full, but reading Euripides for one of my classes
>middle aged guy sits next to me
>asks what I'm reading
>"a play from Euripides, one of those Greek guys who wrote tragedies"
>seems mildly interested, says he'll have to look into him
>conversation ends, he gets off a few stops later
I've been approached by Evangelicals and Mormons while reading but never BECAUSE I was reading, I normally just give them the shpeel that I'm Catholic (lapsed but they don't need to know) or not interested in finding a new religion and thankfully they fuck off quickly after that
>>
>>23330896
Trying to convince non-Koreans to join a Korean church is extremely sociopathic. The non-Korean would always feel like an outsider even if they decided to join the Korean church. You share nothing in common with those people becaue the majority of their social interactions will revolve around being Korean, speaking Korean, Korean culutre, Korean food, etc. You will always be an outsider to that and they will always view you as an outsider and never truly take you in. The one thing you'll have in common is Christianity, but they will all be thinking, "Why doesn't he go to a white church where he will be more accepted and feel more at home with the white congregation?"
Only a true narcissistic sociopath would try to get non-Koreans to join a Korean church.
>>
>>23331023
Or it's just misguided but still good intent
>>
>>23330389
Completely true and right on the money.
>>23330373
Autistic individual that can’t grasp social laws and situations.
>>23330366
Idk when I get approached while reading I just talk about what in reading with them like a kind human being
>>
>>23331023
>retard immigrant Korean
>try to find a white autist for your Korean daughter
>get called a narcissistic sociopath
>>
>>23331038
t.autistic fuck that can't even comprehend the notion that people might want to be left alone
>>
>>23330366
I've been approached a couple times in the last week or two. Happened again yesterday. The barista asked what book I was reading, but she was too fat for my taste desu. I'm not particularly good-looking, I think it's just a coincidence. And both times these women had never heard of the book I was reading lmao
>>
>>23330366
I'm unironically too anxious to read in public because I'm afraid I'll come off as an insufferable, pretentious tiktok LARPer
>>
>>23331081
This depends if you're ugly or not
>>
File: 1646009882191.png (38 KB, 657x527)
38 KB
38 KB PNG
>>23331081
Why do you care about what randos who you'll never see again think of you?
>>
>>23331074
its absolutely not autistic to talk to people u fucking social retards are why we have a loneliness crisis because no one has the balls to even speak to each other in person anymore
>>
>>23331038
Social laws are normscum nonsense
>>
>>23331256
Zoomers are just spineless anyways that’s why ghosting didn’t become a thing until they came of age.

>>23331074
Most people don’t deserve to be left alone. If you’re so intent on making me leave you alone you don’t have the balls
>inb4 the cops
Predictable, always has to have his butt buddies protect him. Just the Italians and their gay lovers in the mob.
>>
>>23331286
>inb4 the cops
So I'm assuming you'll be ok with people attacking you when you won't leave them alone? Or will you call the cops then?
>>
>>23330395
>I’ve already read Green Eggs and Ham
kek
>>
>>23331023
That’s pretty much how the Orthodox Church is too.
>>
>>23331304
I won’t, I’ll have sex with them.
>>
>>23330430
>yikes
Reddit
>>
>>23330366
I was once approached by a white cutie with a nice plump ass to tell me that a book I was eyeing was good. If I had been single I would have bagged her up because she looked like a freak, in a good way. The book she was recommending me looked like YA bs, tho, so I obviously didn't buy it. And yesterday I started a convo with a beautiful girl asking her genuinely about manga and had to end the convo even though she was more than happy to keep talking. All you single lads out there are missing out on prime young bookstore pussy
>>
File: IMG_2391.jpg (5 KB, 201x251)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>23331701
>it's so easy bro!
>just talk to her
>>
>>23331081
I see a lot of anons say this and I really don't think it's that deep. No one gives a shit what you're doing in public, and I see a lot of people reading in public anyway and think nothing of it. Sometimes I just want to read instead of mindlessly scrolling my phone, or simply enjoy the act of reading somewhere nice like in the park
>>
I've had a few people, usually older folk, give me the classic line: 'Wow! It's so great that some young people still read and aren't on their phones all the time!'
A notable one was one time I had an older guy recognise that I was reading Gravity's Rainbow, a book he had read many years ago and enjoyed apparently, and he said he was surprised that it was still popular.
>>
>>23330366
>NYC, 2015-ish, some bench near the "High Line"
>reading Pynchon's Bleeding Edge
>3 people, obviously Euros, one I think with a video camera, approach
>ask me something about US politics, I think if I said the right thing they would record me for some Euro documentary
>said I didn't like the 2 main parties, would support something like a Green party (not sure why I said this)
>they look at each other awkwardly and leave, obviously I said the wrong thing

Also
>NYC subway
>reading Kavalier and Klay (whatever the title is), which I wasn't really liking
>girl next to me says "that's my favorite book"
>thought about saying it felt "too jewish" but figured it would be a bad idea, so just said "oh"
>>
>>23331701
u must be a tall and handsome chad, lad
>>
>>23331923
>>23332580
I'm not ugly but I'm also not a tall, chiseled gigachad. For me it was a question of learning to socialize and speak confidently, since I was a stunted borderline autist all the way up to college. All's I'm saying is that if you have an "excuse" to talk to a girl, if you do it right you can get them interested
>>
>>23332644
how's ur hairline and what's your race?
>>
>>23332650
Good hairline, latino.
>>
>>23332644
She talked to you first in your story. Why can't you people just admit that you didn't do anything right to get more women? It was thrust upon you. Why is it always
>bro u just gotta work on XYZ and it'll be super easy
>uhhh yeah I never really had to learn these things as an adult but I bet if you just
Fuck off.
>>23330366
I had a 1 hour long conversation about God, religion and why are we here type topics with 2 mormon girls in high school. Almost a decade later it's pretty much the only time I've gotten to talk to another religious person about these things. My congregation seems to only care about the culture war and ethics, it's deeply intellectually unfulfilling, but I see the value.
>>
>>23330366
You seem to have anger issues.
>>
>>23332836
>you should engage in a 30 minute one-sided conversation you aren't interested in having and that you've had with this same man five time before because....JUST BECAUSE OKAY!?
Sounds like you have anger issues.
>>
test
>>
bump
>>
>>23330366
>Was reading Coup D'etat: a Practical Handbook
>Overweight woman walks up, clearly a Harry Potter fan.
>"Oh! I love books. What are you reading?"
>Show her
>She literally goes pale and pauses for a few seconds.
>"Interesting"
>she awkwardly waddles off.
>>
I feel uncomfortable reading in public
Also it's funny how autistic these asian missionaries are
>>
Maybe I should try to read in public more. I usually only read at work or go straight home. There's one place I know of that would make sense.
>>
>>23330366
Anyone got any book recommendations to become as cool and badass as OP?
>>
>me: [reading in public]
>nothing happens
Though I talk to all the weird culty people who approach me in any way, absolutely zero of them want me in their club.
>>
I was reading Decline and Fall (Waugh) in line at a sub shop dressed for work (Nantucket reds, tennis sweater, tassel loafers, BB OBCD, Ralph Lauren navy blazer) and a chubby woman flirted with me extremely vigorously including asking me about the book.
>>
>>23332826
>>uhhh yeah I never really had to learn these things as an adult but I bet if you just
Did you not read my post, you fucking sperg? I said I grew up a derpy autist. I did have to work hard on it. I also said that it doesn't matter if a girl talks to you or not, if you're a sperg you're gonna fuck it up even if she was interested in you in the beginning. If you know what you're doing (read: work on your social skills) it's doable. If you'd seen me in my high school and college days, you'd have no way to cope because I couldn't have been any better than you
>>
File: funny spengler post.png (73 KB, 1024x375)
73 KB
73 KB PNG
Last year I got approached by a woman in a bookshop. I had a massive precarious stack of around 10 books, and she just said some shit like, "got a few books there, you doing alright there?" Then we had a chat for a while about books and shared our tastes in books. In my pile I had a leni riefenstahl biography and i think some other based shit like spengler and whatnot, which I tried to keep hidden throughout our conversation. She was buying a book about Tantra and something by Osho, so we chatted for a bit about Tantra, and I mentioned that I know this cool book about it called The Yoga of Power by Evola. We added each other on Facebook and went our separate ways after that.

A few days later I swapped 1 or 2 messages with her. She seemed receptive and friendly so I asked her on a date. She didnt reply.

Where did I go wrong?
I'm thinking maybe I should have chatted about bullshit with her a little more on messenger, instead of just asking for a date straight away. Or was it that I mentioned Evola in the bookstore?

Next time I see a woman reading something good, maybe I'll say hello... The outcome could only possibly be positive or neutral.
>>
>>23336045
How old was she?

Literally the only women I see when I go to a bookstore are 2/10 blue haired 'quirky' girls.
>>
File: 1691063815126979.jpg (187 KB, 2048x1967)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
>>23330389
Oh, is my personal space not a problem to you? It should be. I don't want you anywhere near me and prying for an opinion on something you aren't entitled to! ? Fuck off! OK?!
>>
>>23336045
Women are emotional and they'll follow your lead. You probably kept the conversation pretty platonic in person and then she was "surprised" when she found out you wanted a date (yes, women are this dumb. They genuinely are "surprised" when they find a dude they didn't even consider to ask them out).

So, if you had maybe planted some hints of "you seem cool, I'd like to get to know you" during your in-person convo, she would've had a much better idea of what your intent was. Not saying it would've guaranteed a date but there are ways of planting the tension between you two in person that would give the girl the idea of "oh, so this guy might not be afraid to just go for it and make a move" and make her much more receptive to you during texts or socila media convos. In other words, you're taking the lead and sort of implying through your words and overall demeanor that you might like to take her out.
>>
>>23335466
The Prose Lancelot in Old French. It's what I, OP, am reading.
>>
I've been approached twice by the same town christ wacko. he has even appeared on some swedish youtube channels and podcasts. old man who's been born again and now preaches to good word. first time was in a mall when he just randomly asked if I believed in anything. me being happy that someone dared initiate a somewhat deep conversation was also put on the spot. i dont "believe" but having read dostoyevsky recently I was also very torn on the idea. I mentioned dostoyevsky and after he had shilled the bible I shilled the brothers karamazov. he gave me a vapid look with a sneering smile and jestingly said "the only book I need is the bible" so the conversation ended with him leaving shortly since I obviously weren't as maliable as he would like. it really put a sour note in my mouth since he dared push the bible on me but when I recommend literature on the subject he just peaces out. it showed me he wasn't a genuine man but rather has an obsessive compulsion to inflict his will on others. he then found me again apparently having forgotten me and asked the same shit. he said he bet I thought he was a crazy "christ maniac" and I said no. then he shilled his podcast and left. very sad.
>>
>>23330395
>I just laughed and said “I’ve already read Green Eggs and Ham”
You can improvise comebacks of this magnitude on the very spot, when most of us would only conceive of it several hours later in the shower? Is it possible to learn this power?
>>
>>23336842
she was mid 20s and she had dark hair lmao. i as dressed in funeral colours with shiny shoes and a gaudy graphic tshirt so maybe that helped idk.
>>
File: pepe sad.jpg (63 KB, 1000x1000)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>23330366
>no one ever approaches me
>even when I'm reading in public
Guess I'm just ugly

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.