[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: murakami.jpg (351 KB, 1000x700)
351 KB
351 KB JPG
just horny? Seems like he gets constant criticism for "misogyny" but I don't put stock in that given how they say that about anything mildly critical of a character whose a fucking woman.

I read a few pages into 1Q84 and I definitely see the horniness. Is that what is being negatively reacted to?
>>
>>23329814
Misogyny is a useful fiction by a resentful demographic who took almost no part in creating civilization than making sure our genetic lineage didn’t end.
>>
>>23329814
Men want to fuck women even if homosexuals like (You) don't
>>
>>23329814
Horniness is misogynistic. If you respected women you would fall in love with one, rather than wanting to exploit their body for infertile pleasure
>>
>>23329843
>respecting that which does not respect itself
>>
>>23329846
You are a bad man so you think woman are all bad. Just as bad women think men are all bad. It has less to do with objective reality, which is incredibly varied in terms of type, than to do with what type of woman is your counterpart. You are a bad man. Become better, and you can attract a good woman.
>>
>>23329859
I'm good, thanks
>>
>>23329861
That's probably the essence of being bad, an unwillingness to become good. I hope you reconsider.

I'll repeat the point for everyone, it's important. Good men have naive views about women, and good women have naive views about men.

>Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.
>>
>>23329868
You're just repeating the just world fallacy. Being "good" does not mean that you'll receive anything good.
>>
>>23329814
I don't know, but he's much bigger in the West than in Japan
>>
>>23329871
It's more blessed to give than to take. By loving others you become more blessed than anyone, regardless of what you receive.

Do you believe you have a Father in heaven?
>>
>>23329877
If you want to turn this into a religious conversation, a more appropriate Christian response would be that one should realize that women are evil sinners just like themselves, and be willing to forgive that in them in the same way you would want forgiveness for yourself. This as opposed to trying to paint yourself as morally good when the knowledge of God should be sufficient for you to realize that you most certainly are not.
>>
>>23329884
You should read the words of Jesus instead of committing yourself to Catholic pessimism
>>
>>23329814
I really don't care whether or not Murakami is sexist or if there is sexism in his fiction. Hasn't really spoiled the experience for me, and I'm not going to pretend otherwise.
>>
>>23329884
This a incoherently judaized concept of spirituality
>>
>>23329892
Paul could state that the was the chief of sinners. I suppose that makes you his moral superior, correct?
>>
>>23329895
>the interaction with that which is infinitely more good and holy than yourself is to realize that you are actually quite good and holy yourself thank you very much
lol
>>
>>23329898
>>23329900
You don't believe what you are saying
>>
>>23329892
>You should read the words of Jesus
“Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I came not to call the righteous, but sinners.”
>>
>>23329907
I did in the past. Christianity is not about self-righteousness, but humility. Christ even advises to hide your good deeds from others rather than make a show of them.
>>
>>23329908
Your using these words to justify lusting after women, and have said you don't believe in becoming good. The words of Christ are a logic game to you, material to win an argument
>>
>>23329918
I'm not trying to justify anything currently. I'm simply refuting your self-righteous nonsense about being good.
>>
>>23329913
>I did in the past.

You misunderstood the gospel. You are probably better off no longer believing what you did in the past. Christianity is not about believing in human depravity, Christianity is about love.
>>
>>23329927
You can't refute a single thing that I said about righteousness.
>>
>>23329937
These arguments and refutations have no meaning. You are exploiting a gospel which you don't believe in and never understood to win an argument on 4chan. The righteous know that they so. Humility is not a matter of self-abjection or self-hatred. To be humble is to be like Christ. Paul was already a Judaizing force.
>>
>>23329948
>Paul was already a Judaizing force.
You lose, LARPer
>>
>>23329956
I don't quite understand these internet acronyms, though they seem to be used in an almost random fashion. You are carried up by the pride of your heart, doggedly committed to a belief in nihilism and a belief in female depravity, extracting whatever pleasure you can from "winning" meaningless online arguments--and I am supposed to care to refute you. You should pause and consider if this is really all there is to life, or if you are not perhaps missing out on reality.

The main point I made at the beginning of this, which is less a precept of religion than an empirical fact, is that women who hate men are inevitably sluttish and slavish to male attention, and men who hate women are inevitably attracted to whores. On the other hand, chaste men and women have naive views about their gender counterparts. You appear to among the men attracted to whores, and who hates what he most wants to exploit.

Logging off the computer now, good night to you.
>>
>>23329973
You aren't even a Christian, you're part of some anti-"judaizer" /pol/ LARP. Farewell.
>>
>>23329876
Why is that? Is he just not essentially Japanese enough for the Japs? What makes him resonate with the Westerns more?
>>
>>23329814
Does it matter if he's a little bit sexist? Like I don't think anyone's arguing that he's like a rabid misogynist. (Probably some are... lol) Basically his women characters are a bit cliched sometimes and they're always sexy, so it sometimes comes off like he's objectifying women somewhat. Sure, those aspects of his work should be looked at critically but even so his books are still well worth reading. Also some of his female characters actually defy stereotypes in a way that reinforces the notion that his gender poltics aren't all that bad.
>>
File: IMG_7408.jpg (33 KB, 601x511)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>23329816
>almost no part
I’m not saying I don’t greet from Kazakhstan occasionally but this is just naive, even putting aside that securing the lineage is the most important work in creating a civilisation
>>
>>23329814
Say he is a misogynist. So what. Writers, like people, are made up of all sorts of persons with all sorts of opinions. If you don't like Murakami's opinions, or what you think are Murakami's opinions, don't read him. Millions do, and don't waste their time over questions like this.
>>
>>23329814
being horny is an expression of sexism/misogyny.
You can't be horny without first objectifying a woman.
>>
>>23330625
I don't think that's a reasonable standard, although you're probably being ironic. Anyway, I don't think they're saying that's the problem here. It's that all of Murakami's female characters are sexy and for most of them that's their main function in the story. So it comes off as him not being able to see women as anything else, other than sex objects. Tbh I don't completely agree with this argument, since he has written plenty of interesting and non-sexualized female characters as well.
>>
>>23330177
It is but many can’t even do that.
>>
Let's be honest. By the end of the decade, no one will care, and people will go on reading his books while not giving a fuck as they did before for decades.
>>
>>23329814
>Is he really sexist
It's just myopic baizuo who can't compute the depiction of gender roles from another culture. It's similar to how sex scenes in Japanese literature don't translate well because their dirty talk is so literal but with an added layer of politically laden projection.
>>
>>23329814
This is why we don't deserve good things, people read his books, a window into his mind, it has normal desires that crossed his thought but not act upon because he is still rational and has good thoughts, and people STILL have a problem with it.

If that isn't proof of moral nihilism in the mainstream I don't know what is, the fact that people don't believe you cannot self-govern desires without loathing or silencing your own thoughts just seems bleak
>>
Same thing happened to me reading one of those meme fiction writers. Reviews on the internet calling him misogynistic all around. "Finally found a chud author after myself". Get into reading the series and the misogyny is nowhere to be found.

You can't trust online reviews.
>>
>>23329843
>Horniness is misogynistic
Horniness is natural but shouldn't be wasted.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.