[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I have two questions..
>Is it still considered reading if I'm listening to audiobooks?
>Are there any audiobooks that aren't dramatic readings that raise the quality of the story?

I'm currently listening to the Empire, Foundation and Robots series. Lindstrom, Brick and Dufris are the readers and they're kino. Especially Scott Brick. Really sold me on Salvor Hardin and Asimov's work as a whole. Im trying to listen to Blood Meridian but it hasn't gotten good yet, was it a meme? Or maybe its because the reader sounds like he's salivating. Idk
>>
>>23322169
>>Is it still considered reading if I'm listening to audiobooks?
Who cares dude. Do whatever you have fun doing.
>>
>>23322169
if your listening to very light writing that doesn't require a lot of thinking it would be more or less the same as reading, anything heavier than that and you end up only listening to fragments of a bigger picture

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.