[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_0540.jpg (122 KB, 682x1000)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
Captain Underpants, the inspiration for Christopher Nolan’s Batman Trilogy, is considered the pinnacle of American literary excellence.

Created by Dav Pilkey, considered the “America Tolkien” is a 4 time best selling author and was awarded the presidential metal of freedom for his contribution to American Literature by Jimmy Carter in 1983.

Bloomberg called Dav “The New England Dostoevsky, A reborn Melville”.

Saint Petersburg Press “Captain Underpants, an Epic as Grand as Tolstoy, will stand the test of time, marked forever in the history books as a lighthouse for Human Creativity”.
>>
>>23322071
kek
>>
I was kino until they made George gay and a child trafficker in a flashforward. Perhaps the existential horrors of the last volume in the saga is why? Yes, that must be it. Bravo Nolan.
>>
For me, it's Captain Underpants and the Invasion of the Incredibly Naughty Cafeteria Ladies from Outer Space (and the Subsequent Assault of the Equally Evil Lunchroom Zombie Nerds)
>>
I have a signed copy somewhere
>>
>>23322071
I think these were the first books I read that were above the entry level Dr. Seuss-tier. Fond memories. Jokes like "pee on your socks for warmth" had me absolutely cackling.
>>
Is there a better antagonist in literature than Professor Poopypants, later known as Tippy Tinkletrousers? Not even the Bionic Booger Boy was able to top him, even if the BBB duology is the peak of realist fiction.
>>
Children were a mistake.
>>
>>23322071
how my 2nd grade dumbass failed to notice the forced "diversity" will never escape me
caught on to the fag arc though thankfully
>>
>>23322071
Why does anyone let their kids read this? It's a book about pee and poo and you're raising your children on it. Wtf Americans.
>>
>>23322071
>Laffs
Any school with a library which stocks books that encourage solecisms is to be avoided at all costs.
>>
File: wise fregley.png (19 KB, 174x142)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>>23322071
Notes from a Wimpy Kid by Jeffislav Kinnov was far better than anything Dav Pilkike ever wrote.
>>
>>23322374
"never eat yellow snow"
poetic.
>>
>>23322071
This book had a profound influence on my life. When I was in 4th grade, our English teacher would make us read the most irrelevant books like catcher in the rye or Lolita. I would sit in the back of the class and one day I found this book laying on the floor. I picked it up and when I read it, I realized I have picked up something truly special. In one hour, I finished the book from front to back.

Afterwards, i felt a change in my brain as if this book changed my neurotransmitters and the chemical composition in my brain.

My paradigm shifted completely. The metaphysical truths, the deep rooted philosophy that can only be understood in from carefully considering and pondering on the nuances in between the words.

15 years later, I have not come across another book like this.
>>
>>23322341
>filtered this hard
>>
>>23322341
They're goofy and comical and most importantly, entertaining.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.