[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_0539.jpg (109 KB, 678x1017)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
Jordan Peterson is widely considered to be one of the most influential writer of all time. An absolute triumph and a giant of western philosophy.

His book the 12 rules for life is often considered as his magnum opus and labeled by the national literary society as a “Great American Novel”.

New York Times called it “in defeated masterpiece that few could ever surpass”

Times magazine “Peterson, the Confucius of the west, the 21st century Immanuel Kant, a National Treasure”.

We give our greatest gratitude to one of the greatest and most important writers of all the time: Jordan Peterson.
>>
>>23321531
thank you jordan b petserson
>>
>>23321531
Does Gawd know you gay?
>>
Reminder that the autists stimming themselves by repeating the same nonsensical vitriol about Peterson, thread after thread for year after year, are pathetic ideologues and resentful idiots. His best feature is that he gets them to out themselves as such.

>libtard /lit/
Seethes that Peterson turns them into reactionaries by pointing out their bullshit.
>pseud /lit/
Thinks cynically dunking on mass media meant for a general audience is a sign of intelligence.
>chud /lit/
Thinks he's part of a Jewish conspiracy preventing them from having sex.
>tranny /lit/
Thinks he's a "literal nazi."
>>
>>23321684
nobody said anything negative about him you're like an abused dog flinching from a strike you imagine is imminent
>>
He's just an old man archetype of a vaguely conservative professor that figured out how to use twitter. He's not remarkable, he's perfectly average. The state of the world around him is fucked though, and he's reacting to it normally. Personally I think he's not too bad. But some of the strides the medical industry is making (think dickgirls) should be met with cautious optimism. Instead his types just show resentment.
>>
File: 1678688195288434.jpg (82 KB, 654x540)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>23321687
>clinical psychologist who spent decades personally helping hundreds of people severely afflicted by mental illness
>academic who published dozens of widely cited papers ranging in subjects varying from practical counseling, historical/philosophical roots of psychology, research paradigms in neurology...
>research scientist working on the operationalization of personality constructs as well as the neurobiological basis of addiction
>university professor who mentored dozens of grad students into academic, research, and counseling careers
>assisted in the development of software that increases the likelihood of at-risk students reaching graduation as a side project
>accidentally became internationally famous and ended up publishing 2 best selling books (so far) as well as organizing lectures in various countries throughout the world
inb4
>he's a drug addict tho!
>his office was messy once!
>er...you don't have a dad!
>er...wash your dick!
>his daughter is a slut!
>he likes the Jews!
>he's controlled opposition!
Still triggering trannies who don't like the truth, libtards who propagandize, racists he won't associate with, and pseuds who can't tell the difference between a media personality and real life
>>
>>23321531
He already got btfoed by Žižek.
>>
Thanks Peterson. You helped me a lot. Much love.
>>
>>23321698
He's fine but the men who worship him are very insecure and sensitive
>>
>>23321690
Dickgirl onlyfans is also the place to be. If you have a son coming or age I highly suggest talking to him and his friends about the dickgirl lifestyle.
>>
File: simic-signet.jpg (159 KB, 672x936)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
>>23321712
You're being an ass. But IMO while kids are still innocent, a parent should ask them they'd prefer to be the opposite sex when they grow up. The technology will only improve and most of the complications come from waiting too long.
>>
I don't have anything in particular against Peterson because I'm not literally a Marxist, and I don't think the government should be censoring speech
*shrug
>>
>>23321723
As long as they keep the penis it's trad imo. Keep knives away from our children's privates please.
>>
File: SEELE.jpg (97 KB, 630x630)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>23321531
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maXXTXIgpu8

Jordan Peterson is evil and stupid. He has a daughter and says, “We are here to suffer so learn to suffer like a man.” A potential paradise could be like a never ending DMT trip with the constant pleasure level of heroin. If you get bored then it’s not paradise. There don’t even have to be human bodies. His is just a severe lack of imagination. And there is no sense in which suffering or mediocrity create meaning. All the meaning you need would be packaged into the paradise experience. But I am not experiencing such meaning and perhaps never will. That’s why despite the abundant grace and mercy I think I am not subject to a fully benevolent God. Perhaps God is like Jordan Peterson and I therefore consider him my enemy.
>>
File: 1707929978057925.png (1.02 MB, 1220x636)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB PNG
>>23321690
>some of the strides the medical industry is making (think dickgirls) should be met with cautious optimism. Instead his types just show resentment.
I haven't critically engaged with the literature, as, to be frank, I haven't the stomach, but I trust Peterson. I think one ought to be sceptical when children, very young children, are being drawn towards this. Like, do trans children really exist? These "doctors" are literally taking the word of children as valid, like, they are children, man! A child, generally speaking, doesn't have the ability to think about how they will feel in 10 years, for example! It's absurd, nor is their understanding of themselves that profound as to make such a choice, really. I suspect foul play on the parents side and just general child behaviour being mistaken for what it isn't by jaded medical professionals.

This shouldn't be a reactionary or conservative position, as we haven't even determined its validity to begin with. I think it's likely that legal action will occur on a mass scale within the next few years, something like that.
>>
>>23322236
It was always normal for kids to experiment with ideas around sex. As with anything else they're going to have malformed beliefs until they can catch up with functional society. "Trans kids" is just a way to hijack the process. It turns into a bunch of stuff that can be convincing when relevant beliefs haven't fully formed, and that includes a lot of adults.
>>
>>23322128
Pepsi
>>
>>23321531
Jordan Peterson once told me he was going to help me "clean up my womb" and I have had PTSD ever since. I am afraid whenever I'm around men
>>
>>23321531
This guy's already been memory holed.
>>
I get the feeling that neither extreme end of the Jordan Peterson discourse is capturing the truth of the matter.
>>
>>23322735
He did it to himself. He made the fatal mistake: he let the world know that it bothers him when people make fun of him
>>
>>23321531
more like jordan pee beterson
>>
>>23322777
Got em
>>
>>23321531
>telling people to clean their room = influential
It's less that his works are good, and more that the bar for being influential in the current day is really just that low
>>
>>23321698
You copy paste this every peterson thread
Hilarious how you dick ride him so hard lmao

>he has successful practices
So does everyone other psychiatrist but that doesn't make him some kind of hero of society
>>
>>23322802
You know it's just like *sniffle* God...it's just so bloody...its so *sniffle* damn bloody complicated you know? I mean, Christ, how could anyone even begin to...I don't know...who could know? It's just *sniffle*...what does it even mean to be "gay?" *sniffle* if I suck another man's penis, am I gay then? How are young men *sobbing* supposed to live a bloody life like that? So now its "gay" if we even, for God's sake, if we even look at 80s fitness catalogs and get excited? That's "gay" now? Well, it's no bloody wonder the resentful left has its way! How could they not, you know? I mean God...a young man today can't even *weeping* look at one of his friends and say "hey man, can I touch your abs?" without the whole weight of the Marxist ideologues crashing down on him, telling him he's gay! It's just...it's just..*uncontrollable sobbing*
>>
>>23321572
uhmaysin!
>>
>>23321531
How do Canadians write American novels?
>>
>>23321572
Yes because I'm gay for God
>>
>>23321698
Gotta love the guy's marketing department
>>
>>23322838
I'm "rimming" for Christ!
>>
File: 20240425_175845.jpg (83 KB, 941x1029)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>grown adults look up to this
>>
File: jp.png (140 KB, 1262x634)
140 KB
140 KB PNG
lmao
>>
>>23321706
zizek can't even fucking speak without sounding like he's having a stroke. you call him a great debater?
>>
>>23321690
>
lol lets see u earn millions off tweets. hes very intelligent, has kids and is educated. ur a faggot ass loser crying on an anime image board hahaha
>>
>>23323398
I watched that debate, and they were both literally just talking around each other.
>Peterson - I think Marxism often comes from a place of angry resentment and a desire to destroy
Which is correct
>Zizek - capitalism has created actual problems, and I'm not here to answer for every bad thing Marxism has ever done
Which is also correct.

I don't understand how anyone thinks there was an actual winner. It was just two men refusing to talk to each other. It was frustrating.
>>
File: 6d2.jpg (63 KB, 1080x707)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>23323410
Regardless peterson had a mental breakdown
>>
>>23323421
Because he fried his brain with drugs.
That's an "own" is it? You cyberbullied an old man into drug dependency, and made him go insane?
>>
We are SO blessed to be alive while he is. Amazing.
>>
File: 0_ejzb1kLE3k_fbCp_.jpg (44 KB, 600x600)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>23323425
Maybe he should have cleaned the room of his mind before trying to take on the world with it
>>
I don't think he has much of a literary legacy. What are some original Peterson ideas? Why would people in 50 years engage with his work instead of going directly to Jung/Dostoevsky/Nietzsche/Solzhenitsyn?
>>
>>23322819
the sniffles are zizek you nescient
>>
>>23321531
Good evening Dr Jorb b beterson
How did you sleep last night?
Any dreams of grandmother?
>>
>>23321531
im a bit like Jordan Peterson myself, i don't write books, but i hate trannies
>>
>>23323461
His books are lame. His legacy is somewhat obvious though because of how he forced so many people to pivot in their thinking through dialogue. So it's more about being a really good internet professor/psychologist/parent figure than a haunting writer.
>>
>>23323004
that's really funny though
>>
File: gfjhlydw7rvb1.jpg (67 KB, 828x766)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>23323497
>>23323004
>>
File: FrC8TfPWAAEfmEb.jpg (81 KB, 672x868)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>23323499
>>
>Still makes trannies seethe
Why is this? Everyone else has pretty much moved on
>>
>>23323499
That's not real..is it? I don't have twatter
>>
File: 1665602414104547.jpg (66 KB, 430x680)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>23322819
Weak
>>23322802
>be me
>literal neonazi skinhead with a bold swastika tat on my bicep
>"He's Just In Argentina" written in Fraktur font stretched across the chest of my undersized t-shirt
>walking to store to buy some smetana for my wife
>enjoying the cool crisp autumn air
>listening to jonathan bowden speeches on my headphones
>see small dot appear on the horizon
>the dot gets larger and larger
>it's a libtard, running full speed
>directly towards me
>he reaches me and comes to a halt like he hit a sprung floor
>gestures at me to take my headphones off
>i do
>immediately starts telling me specific timestamps of jordan peterson videos from 8 years ago where peterson said having a dad is important and you should wash your penis
>tell him i dont understand
>continuous babbling and screeching about how stupid jordan peterson is and how father figures and washing your foreskin are dog whistles for white supremacy
>ask him what any of this has to do with me
>he won't answer, just keeps saying jordan peterson is a nazi
>is a nazi, is a nazi
>tell him i'm not sure about that, i don't know much about peterson but i'm a nazi and--
>he just keeps going
>now he's telling me about some tweet peterson made in 2016
>now he shows me a picture of him sitting in a messy office
>now he tells me peterson isn't a real professor and isn't qualified to speak on gender v. sex
>he asks me: "did you know that peterson used to shit his pants when he was a baby?"
>i open my mouth to say something but--
>he tells me the daily wire is the daily stormer lite
>ben shapiro is a nazi too
>i ask him what he even means by nazi? (i am a nazi)
>show him my "Meine Ehre heißt Treue" dagger and himmler rookie card
>he won't answer
>anger in his eyes--he starts pulling out cards with blown up screenshots of jordan peterson wearing terrible suits
>the word "NAZI" is written in red ink across peterson's forehead
>i turn away
>now I am the one who is running
>fuck jordan peterson
>>
File: 1617764167230.png (578 KB, 743x759)
578 KB
578 KB PNG
>>
>>23325659
I was thinking of reading Ten Rules for Life but I didn't know Peterson was a neo-nazi. He seemed like a pretty chill guy from the podcasts I listened to.
>>
File: GJsO1TCagAAsygI.jpg (58 KB, 585x553)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>23321531
>>
>>23324480
It turns out the context is the octopus was being used as an anti-kike dogwhistle in reference to some old political cartoon about a jew with tentacles spreading across Europe, but it's so obscure it's funnier just to assume he's yelling about stuffed animals.
>>
>>23324480
>That's not real..is it?
Nope.
>>
>>23325691
>>23325698
Thanks fren, I didn't think clown world was this bad.
>>
File: 17140562229006858.jpg (118 KB, 1597x1600)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>23325663
I almost fell for that one. Good shit brother.
>>
>>23322802
stop giving him attention and he'll stop doing his pastas.
>>
>>23321531
Maps of meaning is his best book
>>
>>23327990
>she's a great kisser for a harelip
>>
>>23322823
kek

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.