[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: ad1.png (290 KB, 680x664)
290 KB
290 KB PNG
>>
>>23319415
Familiarity breeds contempt.
>>
>>23319427
lord, my low IQ brain doesn't understand this, Can you elaborate simply?
>>
>>23319427
familiarity breeds wonder if you take the time to think about what's familiar
>>
>>23319448
Nta, but the better you know someone, the more aware you become of their flaws, and that creates a distaste for them. That's the aphorism's meaning, essentially.

With that said, I don't think they do hate one another. They simply disagree with one another, and the more one thinks they are right, the more fervent the feelings of disagreement.
>>
>>23319415
Despite hating other philosophers, people who are super into philosophy are more similar to each other than they are to people who don’t care, even if the philosophies are completely at odds with and irreconcilable. I feel this is something that should make philosophers pause. At the very least, they should study it
>>
>>23319448
you become aware of how flawef and/or vile other people are when you get to know them
in the same vein, hatred for yourself is an indicator of the same familiarity.
>>
>>23319479
Philosophers don't study anything empirical, they would just each make up some theory from the armchair.
>>
>>23319427
What no. I'm tired of these antiquated quotes that mean nothing. Birds of a feather flock together. It's just meaningless pseudo deep garbage
>>
>>23319415
Do you also realize that soldiers are most likely to kill other soldiers?
>>
>>23319807
Are you retarded? Do you think philosophers and soldiers are the equivalent?
>>
>>23319415
It could just be you.
>>
>>23320131
he is not
>>
>>23319804
You need to be beaten with a stick
>>
>>23319804
BRAINLET
>>
>>23320818
And you need to clobbered with a stone. I will personally throw a brick at you
>>
>>23320820
Here's a (You)
>>
>>23320795
He is not what?
>>
>>23319815
>You disagree with me? What an IDIOT. Get debated on retard
>You disagree with me? What a MONSTER. Get invaded on retard
>Erm, what did you just say? Ill have you know that I wrote a whole book proving me right
>Erm, what did you just do? Ill have you know that my foreign policy clearly states might makes right
>>
>>23321056
Either bait or low iq. Lurk more retard
>>
>>23319448

When the fox first saw the lion, he was terribly frightened and ran away and hid himself in the woods. The second time, however, he came near the lion and stopped at a safe distance to talk to him. The third time, they came face to face, and the fox went straight up to the lion and passed the time of day with him, asking him how his family were, and when he should have the pleasure of seeing him again; then turning his tail, he parted from the lion without much ceremony.

Thus, familiarity breeds contempt.

Also, to quote Nietzche, "the more abstract a concept you wish to introduce, the more you must allure the senses to it"

I don't have a story for that one, so do as you can

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.