[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1703650829381909.png (47 KB, 391x558)
47 KB
47 KB PNG
How do you gain self confidence as a writer
I'm crying every day
>>
>>23318891
Shawtys and delusional levels of love for the art
You gotta love doing it and you got to love your characters man.
>>
CONFIDENCE IN ONE'S OWN WORK IS A CONSEQUENCE OF KNOWLEDGE OF ONE'S OWN PROFICIENCY.

IF YOU ARE NOT CONFIDENT IN YOUR WORK, IT IS BECAUSE YOU KNOW THAT IT IS TRASH.

YOU CAN START BY CEASING TO POST THAT DUMB CARTOON.
>>
>>23318899
>Shawtys
What
>>
>>23318923
shut the fuck up capscath
>>
File: 1713898243862671.png (24 KB, 2000x1945)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
>>23318891
1. Accept that you're not very good at all
2. Give up and pick another LARP
3. Stop being a faggot and go back to /r9k/
>>
>>23318891
Just keep writing. Stop crying tho. Also, stop being a tranny.
>>
>>23319064
I'm not a tranny
I've got a cock I'm proud of
>>
>>23319064
OP here. >>23319666 is not me lol.
How could you tell I was trans?
>>
>>23318891
Well, you've come to the right place. Everyone here is a shit writer
>>
>>23319731
You write like one
>>
>>23319880
Retard
>>
>>23318891
Even highly successful authors are filled with doubt over their own work and look back on most of their older stuff like, "What the fuck is this shit?" You just have to keep writing until you strike that balance where your inner critic is useful rather than a demoralizing cunt that makes you not want to get out of bed in the morning.
>>
>>23318891

You can start by hyphenating "self-confidence". That alone will put you ahead of 99% of /lit/ anons.
>>
>>23320068
>Even highly successful authors are filled with doubt over their own work
not really; most of that is a performance for your benefit. they have to stuff their interviews with a customary level of false humility because the audience are a bunch of narcissists that need to believe they could also be great writers if they only tried and would go nuclear if you told them, honestly, "i simply have talent and you don't."
>>
>>23320162
While I'm sure there's some degree of truth to that, something like 30% of writers are alcoholics and many of the big names have used harder drugs at one point or another as part of their writing process. Not exactly something people who had no doubts about their writing would do. Just because you made it doesn't mean you feel you deserved to, hence imposter syndrome. Moreover, plenty have outright said you need talent, skill, and luck first and foremost to succeed and have openly discouraged beginners from pursuing this as a career.
>>
>>23318891
Try writing every day instead of crying and maybe you'll get there.
>>
>>23318891
You'll never amount to anything, stop wasting space and do a hero faggot
>>
>>23318891
>I'm crying every day
Replace the c with t and do that instead.
>>
>>23318891
Confidence comes with experience and seeing what works and what doesn't. Don't sweat it just keep writing - preferably while having some frame of reference and people who can critique your works.
>>
>>23318891
Given the relatively young and uneducated demographics of /lit/ in all likelihood you should be reading a lot more than you are doing and writing a lot less. In my opinion no-one should be "trying" to write unless they are VERY well-read and have exhausted other options. If you write because it comes naturally to you and you enjoy it then that's fine, but then you wouldn't be posting a thread like this.
>>
>>23318891
Do you actually look like that
Do you actually cry like a emo
>>
>>23319731
The cartoon. The uncontrollable emotions. The attention seeking (which is really connection seeking). Trannies are just broken people coping, no offense, so of course they're bursting with irrational emotions and seek attention because what they're really seeking is help.
>>
>>23318891
There are various ways.

>>23318923
Is correct, and if you're crying every day becáúse of your writing, it could possibly be because you're thinking of writing the next Great American Epic when you have never dared to write your name on a wall in 12pt. kindergarten crayon.

You gain confidence through success, you gain success through work and study, and your confidence will be broken, stolen, killed, or belittled and individually reset when you have too much confidence, at which point you'll confidence-wise will have to start all over - but not experience-wise.
>>
>>23318891
Why cry? Crying is of no help
>>
>>23320936
N yI have to cry because I. Bb x. V
>>
>>23318891
Like this:
>arrogance
>failure
>confusion
>depression
>transcendence
>humility
>arrogance...
Over and over again like that until you die. Strap the fuck in.
>>
IDK but Andrew is a cutie
>>
>>23318891
Look up words and phrases you don't understand and master them. Like what the hell does will to power even mean

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.