[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 4258.jpg (685 KB, 1885x1874)
685 KB
685 KB JPG
>unconstitutional monarchy, Christian morals are good because they're universal, franco did nothing wrong, women are lesser to men
With takes like this I am amazed tolkien is not canceled anymore
>>
>>23318843
Monarchy is so remote at this point that people don’t take it too seriously. If you said you supported fascism, you’d be cancelled. If you said you supported monarchy, you’d be viewed as an eccentric.
Most people feel nothing for Franco. The only people who feel an emotional hatred of Franco are Spanish leftists, who probably also hate Tolkien. I know they hate Salvador Dali. Beyond that, Franco did do nothing wrong. Spanish republicans were inhuman monsters, and Franco is a hero for destroying them.
Tolkien famously hated Nazi Germany and wrote a big letter to them when they wanted to publish his books in German. While he did view women as lesser than men, he did write a big girl boss moment with the slaying of the Witch King. It’s no surprise to me that he doesn’t get cancelled, even though he’s certainly further right than most people nowadays.
>>
His worst take is "industrial revolution is le bad because it destroyed my idealized version of trad shit"
Dumbass catholic

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.