[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: DL_crowley.png (63 KB, 335x400)
63 KB
63 KB PNG
>I am Pan ! Io Pan ! Io Pan Pan ! Pan !
>I am thy mate, I am thy man,
>Goat of thy flock, I am gold , I am god,
>Flesh to thy bone, flower to thy rod.
>With hoofs of steel I race on the rocks
>Through solstice stubborn to equinox.
>And I rave; and I rape and I rip and I rend
>Everlasting, world without end.
>Mannikin, maiden, maenad, man,
>In the might of Pan.
>Io Pan ! Io Pan Pan ! Pan ! Io Pan !

is being edgy a requirement for being a 20th century poet?
>>
>>23318273
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqmGFfNco0g
>>
>>23318273
stop posting this faggot
>>
>>23318273
Nice poem, actually. Not edgy at all.
>>
>>23318445
Nah. It’s still literature, and I still say that as someone who isn’t particularly reverent or worshipful of Crowley, or an acolyte of his, although I think he still did, thought, and wrote some interesting stuff (despite while being a corrupted asshole in some ways who sometimes had a severe deficit of empathy, leaving a wake of some dark tragedies, suicides, and mental illnesses/nervous breakdowns in his life among some abused lovers/wives, friends and disciples).

Despite that, if you’re interested in some of esotericism, mysticism, and where these overlap with the Western magical tradition particularly, Crowley is a sometimes remarkable student and expositor of these fields.
>>
>>23318273
>On my mouth, Leah, shit!
>Shit on me, slut!
Genius!!
>>
>>23319197
that's what all the cool rich occultists are doing to reach gnosis.
>>
>>23318273
The guy was just a nut.
>>
File: Manly_P._Hall.jpg (29 KB, 209x252)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>23318472
lol manly p hall remarked concerning crowley's poetry that to such depraved ends even literature may be used
>>
>>23318472
Lit doesn't understand Crowley.
>>
>>23318273
even his best poem is nothing compared to Yeats' worst
>>
>>23320476
Explain Crowley without saying something to the effect of "you just don't get it"

Protip: you can't
>>
File: 1711089916334.png (28 KB, 775x849)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
>>23320292
>all the cool rich occultists you say?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.