[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 76399EB (1).jpg (28 KB, 251x400)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
Why is the Bible the world's greatest work of art? It has everything which includes but isn't limited to heroic saga, prophetic vision, legend, symbolism, the Gospel of Jesus, poetry, oratory, etc. I mean, why even read anything else? Asking honestly.
>>
>>23318128
https://youtu.be/DqHxOQWW_Nw?si=8c3tMOcqmrNpN4pB

Is anyone else in a religious denomination which encourages you to read the Bible and try to apply the words to your current life and maybe life problems? I was Mormon and we were taught God will literally give us advice if we look for it in the scriptures. Like I could open the Bible to a random page and read for a few minutes and get the advice I needed. My wife is Catholic and didn't really know what the hell I was taking about
>>
>>23318146
Catholics are about appealing to authority clouded in Latin and golden raiment.
Anything post reformation, obviously including Mormonism is going to encourage you to actually read and interpret it.
Funny, I am in the UK and met some Mormon girls recently, very nice people, I decided to read your book.
>>
>>23318128
>Why is the Bible the world's greatest work of art?

It isn't.
>>
>>23318128
When St. Augustine started reading the Bible after he read the Greeks, he was surprised at how primitive and crude it was.
>>
>>23318188
It is. So much so it inspires of tons of other great art too.
>>
>>23318128
Yeah, I bet your jewish book of fairy tales is the greatest work of literature ever created, it's definitely not you being a christcuck.
>>
>>23320109
Only a Jew or someone hopped up on modern media would hate what this book has done for 2000 years of Western history. Or Western canon, I should say.
It was only ever Jews who were known for your rabid behavior up until recently. The only ones who couldn't control themselves and spewed venom on everyone around them. Even liberals and atheists or deists knew this like picrel. That you think it's acceptable now shows how lost you really are.
You're not noble. You're swine and destroy civilization, just as they wreck and destroy all greenery around them.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.