[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 613jsQkRyjL._SL1000_.jpg (95 KB, 811x1000)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
I would like to have an academic understanding of philosophy. I am especially interested in metaphysics, as well as jurisprudence.
I also vehemently despise Kant(take that as you will)
(picrel is what I am currently reading)
>>
>>23317273
OP- I would like to add that I still want a general overview of philosophy, preferably in textbook format.
>>
>>23317273
>I also vehemently despise Kant
What am I supposed to take from this?
>>
>>23317273
How can you justify despising a philosopher while asking for introductory textbooks?
>>
>>23317273
as oft quoted on this board, start with the greeks! but for an intro textbook, you can try the problems of philosophy -- bertrand russell
>>
>>23317354
because his ideas directly lead to post-modernism, a philosophy I find utterly ridiculous.
>>
>>23317394
Oh, so Randian shit via Stephen Hicks or Jordan Peterson, got it. Don't bother with philosophy then.
>>
File: chuckle.gif (994 KB, 250x250)
994 KB
994 KB GIF
>>23317428
lmao, you sound like a spiteful fool
>>
>>23317473
You sound like a rube who needs to listen to what other people say rather than read for yourself and let the arguments do the work.
>>
>>23317493
ha, and you sound like some pretentious snob, sitting in their little ivory tower.
>>
Sounds like you're just going to project whatever culture war bullshit you've been indoctrinated in.
Start with the Greeks, it's gonna be a long project, but you're going to come out with some knowledge of philosophy, or you give up and go back to Youtube Shorts culture war ragebait.
>>
>>23317527
>i wanna read about metaphysics
>i will not read kant because muh pomo globohomo
>totally not a pretentious pseud myself, btw
>>
>>23317394
Post modernism is not a single school of philosophy. That would be like saying I hate the philosophy of classicism or modernism. Not to mention that postmodernism is generally defined as anti-modernism so a thinker like Kant, a modernist, would be disdained by them in the first place. You should lay off the right wing youtube friend.
>>
>>23317394
I thought Hegel was the new boogieman of right wing YouTube (despite probably being equally important for conservatism)
>>
>>23317618
>>23317564
>>23317651
fine, I surrender- I will read Kant
>>
Some elitism is just insisting that you don't call a choice definitive when it was made without knowing most of the options.
>>
nigga just read philosophers works then read books about their works. just fucking read more use google or library genesis or anything u faggot!!!!! go to the FUCKING LIBRARY FAGGOT!!! DO SOMETHING YOURSELF INSTEAD OF WANTING EVERYTHING SPOON FED INTO YOUR GAPING MAW OF LAZINESS. YOUR MANNER OF GOING ABOUT THINGS WILL CHOKE AND DIE BY TRYING TO CONSUME TOO MUCH AT ONCE

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.