[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: nitcha.jpg (29 KB, 313x268)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
What's the proper reading order?
>>
File: utin ng amá mo.jpg (130 KB, 1040x1200)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>23317201
Bottom to top, and left to right thereafter.
>>
>>23317201
You start with the first word, proceeding with the second and then onto the third.
>>
Kant -> Hegel -> Nietzsche
>>
>>23317201
chronologically, except TSZ at the end

you can skip Birth of Tragedy tho
>>
>>23317622
you posted this just to piss me off didn't you. if you've read any nietzsche you know he was vastly more influenced by schopenhauer than hegel
>>
>>23317752
disagree. birth of tragedy is definitely careless but i think that's part of the appeal. it's fun to follow his train of thought, he's very energetic and unironic in a way he isn't even in his late twenties
>>
>>23317201
Just read BAP
>>
Read Stirner first
>>
>>23317201
Does one seriously need to start with the Greeks and work their way through the entire history of philosophy to actually appreciate the works of more modern philosophers?
>>
>>23317932
Yes
>>
>>23317845
fair, but if you want to get to his main philosophy i don't think it's that necessary. And if you want to have more background behind his early thought it's probably better to read untimely meditations or philosophy in the tragic age of the greeks. Birth of Tragedy is way overrated, in that i often see people use the apollinian and dionysian split to describe Nietzsche philosophy, when this dichotomy was largely abandoned by him after this book. Also people read this and skip Daybreak? When it's one of the most important books for understaning BGE/GM which Nietzsche says himself in preface to GM. Simply put there are better alternatives.
>>
Start with the Cheeks
>>
File: nietzsche.jpg (107 KB, 809x1080)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
He's just like me.
>>
>>23317932
No. Just read secondary sources.
>>
>>23317201
GM
BGE
TI
GS
TSZ
WP
>>
>>23318431
>GM
>BGE
>TI
>GS
>TSZ
>WP
General Manager, Business Growth and Expansion, Technology Integration, Global Strategy, Team Synchronization Zone, and Workforce Planning?
>>
>>23317201
Down the hall and to the left
>>
>>23317932
Not always but with Nietzsche it actually makes sense to know something about them. Nietzsche's biggest point was the critique of transcendental morals that he thought Plato and Christianity were responsible for. If you don't understand how Plato thought about the forms, or how Christianity preaches a focus on the next world, you won't understand why Nietzsche found it much healthier to focus on this world of phenomena.
>>
>>23317932
Didn't Heidegger say to his students that they need to study Aristotle for 10 years before touching Nietzsche?
>>
>>23319254
Maybe, but he must have said that in order to neuter his students. Nietzschean philosophy is too potent a weapon to give to an unpolluted mind...
>>
>>23317201
As is always the case, the chronological order. If you want to be special, do Twilight of the Idols, Ecce Homo and Zarathustra, then do everything else, starting with Beyond, then moving onto Antichrist and Gay Science, circling back to The Birth of Tragedy, and reading Genealogy of Morals. Will to Power isn't his official work, more a string of notes that was never finished, so might as well read Bataille's On Nietzsche for one of the more interesting interpretations of his philosophy.
>>
>>23317201
Start with Thus Spake Zarathustra, then read whatever you want
>>
>>23317201
Chronologically, then reverse chronologically.
>>
>>23317201
I first thought that was Gurdjieff
>>
>>23318449
Geneology of Morals
Beyond Good and Evil
Twilight of the Idols
the Gay Science
Thus Spoke Zarathustra
the Will to Power (unpublished stuff)

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.