[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 627546789.jpg (56 KB, 800x533)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
Is there a book that compares Roman administration and US administration faction for faction?

I was reading about the year of the six emperors and saw a lot of parallels between the deep state and how Trump wants to have a purge. The Praetorian guard indeed assassinated emperors.

JKF is the latest example.
>>
I have made the same parrallel OP.

"JFK and the Unspeakable" is not about that per se but does include material about the government entities that run the presidents. I have not read it but am told it is excellent.

The CIA definitely has more power than the White House, and is totally at odds with Democracy and Constiutional govt (not that it matters at this point).
>>
>>23317216
Trump wants to have an actual purge. This year is going to be crazy.
>>
>>23317118
Wouldn't the secret service be the Praetorians?
>>
>>23317118
Lmao. Retards.
>>
>>23317986
Varangians, more like
>>
>>23318144
Not seeing an argument from you.
>>
File: 14dlmd-4130480628.jpg (65 KB, 640x585)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>23318154
I can see your point. The Praetorians also sold the title at various points as well iirc.
>>
Did you really come here with the intention of asking for this ultra-specific book or did you just want to voice your comparison?
>>
I am so fucking sick of fucking pseuds comparing America to fucking Rome.
>[politician] is JUST like JULIUS CAESAR bro
>[event] is JUST LIKE [event, rome] dude this means america will have a BASED STRONG EMPEROR soon!
>dude america will COLLAPSE just like ROME did before the DARK AGES bro its happening soon we are just like ROME bro look at the eagles and statues in DC!
It was done to death decades ago. Shut the fuck up already.
>>
>>23318253
You only hate it because it's true and you're jealous.
>>
>>23318267
Jealous of what? Faggots who spend every day on Instagram jerking off to "manly" quotes over pictures of classical statues?
Come up with an actual argument instead of this half baked shit.
>>
>>23318160
Very good job, retard! You got it!
>>
>>23317311
It's going to be so sick if Trump actual does this. Totally fucking retarded and will fuck everything up but it will be the end of an era.
>>
>>23318286
I don't need to argue, I've already struck a nerve apparently. My work here is done.
>>
>>23318267
You'll shit when you learn about the end of feudalism
>>
I read a book once that argued the American Presidencies and the combatant commanders of the armed forces were almost identical to Roman Caesars and generals. I cannot remember the name.
>>
>>23317118
The 1960s Kennedy brothers were assassinated and sometimes (loosely) compared to the Gracchi brothers of the late Roman Republic, who were also assassinated.
>>
File: IMG_0645.jpg (590 KB, 1620x560)
590 KB
590 KB JPG
>>23318286
As opposed to jerking off over the statues themselves
>>
>>23317986
The Pretorians would fight in foreign countries just like the CIA. They were like the secret service and CIA in one.

But it's in how they were like the CIA that's important. That where you can really see what's going to happen.
>>
>>23318556
When did the US switch from Republic to Empire?
>>
>>23317118
I watched a recent interview with Immortal Technique, where his interlocutor started shitting on the government. Tec said something interesting in response:
"The government is corrupt because people are corrupt. They've definitely done evil shit; but you ever try to throw a house party? Ten, twenty, fifty people? It's nearly impossible to control the situation and keep chaos from happening.
The government is trying to manage a house party and the house has 400 million people in it. I'm not excusing them, but you shouldn't criticize anyone who's shoes you haven't worn."
>>
>>23320647
The line has been blurry since day one, but Wilson's administration made things pretty stark. That's when we really began imperialism in earnest.
After WWII, it was indisputable though. The Marshall Plan was essentially a blueprint for empire.
>>
>>23320695
But the cult of personality around emperors/presidents didn't really begin until Obama. Bill Clinton and George W. had their own thing but it wasn't like Obama and Trump.

With Biden it's like a return to the old days where the president is more low key.
>>
>>23320731
The cult here doesn't revolve around the emperor, more like, around the flag. The flag is the emperor. The empire itself is the emperor. People just don't know.
>>
>>23318253
>I am so fucking sick of fucking pseuds comparing America to fucking Rome.
the US was literally modelled after the roman republic...
>>
>>23320851
But the left hates the flag.
>>
>>23320991
And the Christians hated the Empire.
>>
>>23320999
But the left are the elitists. The Christians were the poor.
>>
>>23320999
>>23321009
The truth is both sides are dominated by resentment.
>>
>>23321248
I grow tired of this catch all for everything. So what?
>>
>>23321358
Both side want to rule and there isn't a right or wrong side.
>>
>>23321521
I dont want to rule or conquer anyone. I wish to help everyone if possible. 99% of people are born like that. Know what happens to them? Bitter cowards in trade it in for money and shiny things, and then they beat the fuck out of everyone else for thinking twice.
I grow tired. Don't confuse exhaustion for resentment.
>>
>>23321544
>Bitter cowards
Both sides are ruled by them.
>>
>>23321551
Sounds like defeatism and a way by which to excuse one's self.
>>
>>23321588
It's just the truth. I can't see the good and the evil anymore.
>>
>>23321708
Good and evil is whatever one thinks it is. Now combine it with everyone who agrees or disagrees.
That's called democracy.
>>
>>23321717
The US is an oligarchy.
>>
>>23317311
>Trump wants to have an actual purge
Have people read the critic of Napoleon by Victor Hugo ? He literally described all the steps in Napoleon’s master plan of becoming a tyrant .
>>
>>23321732
>>23321747
Trump would have to purge the CIA and the oligarchs. He would have to have a true Hitler/Stalin like purge.
>>
>>23321766
>Napoléon le petit (Napoleon the little)
He ordered the execution of a bunch of tribunals and politicians over night and passed tyrannical laws, and done all sorts of stuff like this.

Btw Im not sure Trump is able to purge the deep state and abolish the shadow government of the US.
>>
>>23321794
Project 2025 comes just short of describing a purge. I think he's really going for it.
>>
>>23321747
Thats about Napoleon III a completely different type of person so you can throw out everything you thought you knew about that.
>>
>>23321766
Trumps entire thing is a front. And if it were true, everything that stands behind Trumpism is wrong anyway. I won't say more.
>>
>>23321836
It's not. Either they kill him or he kills them.

This is as real as it gets.
>>
>>23318253
USA is literally modern Rome, but not empire, maybe late republic (empire is shit actually, it's just dictatorship). Maybe it's over. Maybe republic existed for hundreds years and nowadays situation it's just one of the many crisis, but not the end of republic.
>>
>>23321847
Yeah, just like the Hollywood movies.
>>23321870
America has been an empire for at least a century. In everything but name. And that's only for appearances sake. Ask the patricians if they think we're a republic.
>>
>>23321886
You really don't think it's life or death?
>>
>>23321827
He sounds like Julius Caesar.
>>
>>23321919
Who is it not life or death for? That's all of us.
I dont believe in the official narrative of events in any capacity though, no. Just think of what the plebs were told of the inner workings of power back in Rome. Now we know none of it was real.
When plebs suspected Nero was fucking horses in private galas, they were told they were nuts.
Anyhow, all i stand for today is good intentions towards all. That's all I know, or believe.
Peace
>>
>>23321964
It's life or death for Trump.
>>
>>23321820
>In AD 312, Constantine the Great disbanded the cohortes praetoriae and destroyed their barracks at the Castra Praetoria.
Will it be Trump who destroys the CIA ?
>>
>>23321986
All he has to do is win the vote and it's a done deal. They might kill him though.
>>
File: 1688008975073983.gif (1.55 MB, 400x286)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB GIF
Holy god damm this dobnooooooooo is full of absolute retards >>>/pol/
>>
>>23322283
You're in denial.
>>
>>23321847
Just two more weeks true believers!

(Ignore his first term where he did nothing and also locked everyone inside for 2 years)
>>
>>23322315
I'm jot a Trump fan. You think it's going to be fun? We're fucked either way but I'd rather see the world burn than have a slow death with the WEF.

If he ends up killing all these oligarchs I'm grabbing popcorn. Zuckerberg already has a plan to go to Hawaii.

It's real.
>>
File: 1695759988405128.gif (115 KB, 300x300)
115 KB
115 KB GIF
>>23322323
>

>

>
>>
>>23322323
Its not real lmao. Isn't it so obvious that the "deep state" and the media want him to win this time? Hes bought and paid for. Sham trials where they make him pay a few million (from the money he grifted from his rube supproters) are part of the plan to make him look like a rebel
>>
>>23322323
>>23322326
>>23322330
>Zuckerberg
He's even making friends with the UFC. The sneaky fuck already feels it.

Look at how Jews in high places start to act. They always feel the heat before everyone else. Mark Cuban was on Lex Friedman recently also crying about Musk helping the Trump train on X.

It's here.
>>
>>23322331
Musk is literally the richest jew....are you serious nigga?
>>
>>23322337
He met with Trump.
>>
>>23322339
Exactly. So why do we think the deep state is gonna go after the hand picked candidate of the world's richest kike?
>>
>>23322342
Musk is South African and an outsider. All the New York liberals hate him.

Don't be fucking stupid.
>>
>>23322351
Kek alright thats what I thought, this is just Q.0
>>
>>23322358
This is not about rich vs poor and never was. Trump having a purge doesn't mean the empire is over. It's just a shift of power.
>>
>>23322323
>Hillary or Trump?
Both are incompetent and dont meet the non-existent logical criteria to run for presidency.
>>
>>23317311
Hello gullible moron. Trump has 4 years to "drain the swamp" and didn't do anything because he is part of the swamp. The man is controlled opposition if I ever saw it and all this political theatre with his trial is just nonsense to keep the masses glued to their TVs. Your political landscape is a joke and anyone who would actually pose a threat to power would be assassinated (see JFK/RFK).
>>
>>23323174
had*
>>
>>23320611
>The Pretorians would fight in foreign countries
Praetorian Guard were, to some degree, made up of veterans but the Guards as a formation/organization didn't leave Rome. The most fighting they did was wrestle down Emperors before some bloke pulled the knive.
>>
>>23318253
They’re currently trying the ex president for some ‘crime’.
I suppose the actual guilt is irrelevant but the politicians are using the courts as weapons.
The administration itself is throwing its weight around to influence elections and the wealthy of course are running the show being the scenes.

All the signs of a corrupt state are present, it’s just, you know, seeing it different than fixing it.
>>
>>23323678
That's why it's life or death. Trump will be enraged if he takes office and will have his revenge.

People are delusional when they think nothing is going to happen.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.