[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_4405.jpg (312 KB, 828x1046)
312 KB
312 KB JPG
What are the most banned books in the world right now?
>>
Good ol' Protocols
>>
The Camp of the Saints
>>
Is Marquis de Sade banned in Canada? I
I went to my local bookstore and talked with the owner who I had a small rapport with and asked him if he had any copies of Marquis de Sade's Juliette. He looked at me extremely condescendingly and I left the store. I haven't been back since because of the experience and I hate this country.
>>
>>23316886
Doesn't look like it, maybe the guy was just a faggot.
>>
File: image-14.png (568 KB, 598x853)
568 KB
568 KB PNG
Books are not banned as that would require them to be published. They are simply not published and if they are they are not permitted to be sold by conventional means.

Find me a store that sells The Fourth Political Theory for example. If you search for it on amazon you are recommended such gems as 'How To Be An Antiracist'.
>>
>>23316886
It's not straight up illegal like The Turner Diaries but modern censorship involves minimizing shelf-space and conversation on social media.
>>
>>23316892
>>23316902
I guess he was, thanks. I'll keep checking out stores when I leave town.
>>
>>23317072
ngl if someone walked into my store asking for Sade I'd also call him a faggot
>>
>>23317166
Juliette is hilarious though, why so mad? It's for GIANTS, witches, machinations, God, The Pope, bandits and the worst exposition dumps of the 18-19th century.
>>
>>23316886
>>23317166
>>23317261
This can easily be purchased from the world's biggest book seller. It is not banned or controversial, bored housewives read this sort of thing when their husbands are away on business.
>>
>>23316791
Blood Passover by Dr. Ariel Toaff, Professor of Medieval and Renaissance History; son of the Chief Rabbi of Rome. Published now by Michael Hoffman's Independent History and Research in a spiral-bound 8-by-11-inch book. He also wrote the introduction to Blood Passover. Hoffman's own books are also banned: Judaism Discovered, Judaism's Strange Gods, The Occult Renaissance Church of Rome, they Were White and They Were Slaves, among others. Happy hunting.
>>
>>23316886
>He looked at me extremely condescendingly and I left the store.
He was wondering why the hell you weren't getting Justine.
>>
>>23316791
The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie
Managed to get him a fatwa written for his death
>>
>>23316896
Dugin worked for the KGB, sucked every cock in Moscow unironically, and married a lesbian. How to be an antiracist was probably written by him under a pen name.
>>
File: dugin explained.png (111 KB, 1841x480)
111 KB
111 KB PNG
>>23319255
>>
>>23316791
I read once that reactionary literature like De Maistre is banned in communist countries like China and Vietnam.
>>
>>23317329
I was book shopping with my hyperconservative mother-in-law and she picked up a copy of 120 Days of Sodom because she liked the title. I couldn't talk her out of buying it because I couldn't admit I'd read it. I still wonder what her experience reading it was like.
>>
Shockingly The Holy Bible is the most banned book in the world as well as it being the most popular book, even though freely available to us in some states, being banned and censored in the western-hating oriental despotisms which most people in the world live in, as well as from being informally forbidden in atheist and quasi-denominational households (depending on his translation) in a way no other book has any business. Praise the Lord since you are free to do so !!
>>
File: 1711088044225751.gif (407 KB, 250x250)
407 KB
407 KB GIF
>>23316791
>to protect free speech and democracy we must ban subversive literature
>the population cannot be trusted with such ideas and stories
my ideology doesnt conflict. theirs does.
>>
>>23322491
The books they are complaining about being "banned" are not remotely subversive

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.