[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Gandalf_in_the_Shire.jpg (155 KB, 511x800)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
It is unbecoming for a man over the age of 30 to delight in reading fiction
>>
>>23316768
I'll do whatever I want when I'm over 30, gay wizard.
>>
>>23316768
No.
>>
>>23316768
My life sucks, let me have my daily dose of escapism, Gandalf.
>>
nonfiction is for babies still learning how the real world works. fiction is the elevated art form
>>
>>23316768
no
>>
>>23316843
true
>>
>>23316768
Gandalf would disagree.
>>
>>23316768
most nonfiction is a lie, anyway. fiction is where authors go to tell the truth.
>>
fiction is the purest way to understand the real world
>>
>>23316768
what a cucked faggot opinion
>>
>>23316768
No
>>
>>23316768
Unbecoming to who? Who is it you're trying to impress or avoid offend? Genre fiction is all that 90% of adult males under 50 read (the few of them that read that is), if you're actually into literature you're more likely to be seen as a snob by most people. So it really depends on whose eyes you don't want to be seen as "unbecoming".
>>
If you're over 30 and still bother with opinions of other I have some bad news for you
>>
Not at all. In fact, modern people are likely to find having a taste for poetry to be more juvenile than having a taste for fiction.
>>
>>23316978
If you're into poetry as a man people just assume you're either a hardcore leftist urbanite that's really into slam poetry by bipoc queer immigrant folx or you're just some loser college kid trying to impress arthoes.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.