[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 23423423.jpg (48 KB, 1024x576)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
My mother caught me speaking alone (again), sometimes I pretend I'm a famous author and I'm being interviewed, other times I recite some texts by heart to an invisible muse. After almost 2 years of my depressive relapse and unemployment, she and my father decided to institutionalize me until I get better. I'll be there next month so I have about a week to read a book on my new type of environment.
>>
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
>>
File: 2432323.png (508 KB, 1504x860)
508 KB
508 KB PNG
>>23314856
Do the black guardians rape the inmates or fuck each other?
>>
>>23314837
pretty sure your parents can't send you off to a mental institution if you're >18
>>
>>23315013
It's legal in my country if you have antecedents of psychological issues like me* :/

* I was seeing a therapist for about a year in 2018 (my mom's idea).
>>
>>23314837
What is the picture from? It's nice. Wishing you best of luck OP
>>
>>23315030
Thank you. And the character is Cheburashka from Soviet stop-motion animated films.
>>
Why don’t you get a job?
>>
>>23314837
It's called artful expression of the soul what you're doing, there's nothing wrong with that. No book will prepare you properly for it, but if you want a text capable of motivating you to get through it, Nickel Boys by Whitehead was a good read in my opinion. Just draw the parallels yourself and apply the work ethic.
When I was 'in' I'd read much of what they had in the bookcases, a Bible, whatever is hanging on the walls, to be informed and engaged with the time spent there. Read everything. From food packaging to judicial documents. And now I'm out.
>>
>>23315049
nta but thanks
>>
File: Spoiler Image (99 KB, 151x263)
99 KB
99 KB PNG
>>23314837
Here is one
>>
>>23314837
Not exclusively, but A Fan's Notes has a few chapters; Magic Mountain, arguably

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.