[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

can anyone recommend any romantic/love poetry that appeals to men? I am quite an emotionally stunted person and want to explore this side of life more.
(Pic unrelated I just searched for 'poet')
>>
>>23313899

ONE EXPERIENCES LIFE BY LIVING, NOT BY READING.
>>
>>23313899
According to this board, all you would receive is pedophilic literature. Do not bother asking us.
>>
>>23313899
Keats is not unrelated.

>>23313906
Books are part of life, you dolt. Every time I see you you're making some inane overconfident point. One of the worse track records on the board.
>>
Carmen 16
>>
>>23313906
Yes I'm aware but I'd at least like to understand the experience somewhat first.
>>
Prufrock, by TS Eliot.
>>
>>23313899
All foundational love poetry appeals to at least a subset of men because romance is a male invention.
>>
>>23313921

IF YOU DO THAT, YOU WILL APPROACH THINGS WITH NAIVE —IDIOTIC— LITERARY BIASES THAT WILL ONLY HINDER YOU FROM ACTUALLY PERFORMING WELL AT ANY GIVEN CIRCUMSTANCES.

EXONERATE THE BOOKNERD DEMON FROM YOUR BODY.
>>
>>23313899
Arnaut Daniel, Dante, Donne, Keats, Baudelaire. Boccaccio is essential if you're up for prose.
>>
>>23313906
>t. pedo who lives on this website
>>
>>23314461
>Boccaccio is essential if you’re up for prose
Poetry in translation? Fucking retard
>>
>>23314631
>Poetry in translation
No - for the Decameron. There are immortal tales of love contained therein, including stories that have been adapted to poems, notably by Keats in English.
>>
>>23314645
Did he write in English?
>>
>>23314648
A quick google search will tell you that the Decameron is written in early Italian prose. If you have a point, I suggest you get to it.
>>
>>23314654
Looking for good prose in translation is retarded. Now get to it and shut up.
>>
>>23314666
>Looking for good prose in translation is retarded
You can read it in Italian. No one wrote anything about requiring translations. If you do not have the tongue and feel it necessary, learn it.

Also, this is a senseless and uninformed sentiment, the type that can only be expressed by the incapacitated, the underaged, or trolls - I will assume (correctly) you are some combination of all three.
>>
>>23314682
No one reads anything in Italian, worm. Learn English.

My sentiment is correct. You’ll do as your told. Good grief!

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.