[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: balzac.jpg (495 KB, 1430x2048)
495 KB
495 KB JPG
Is ballsack worth reading? If yes Where tf should I start as his oeuvre is massive
Some people here denounce him as the man responsible for kickstarting the trend of pointless redundancy and mundane retardation in modern novels. Do you agree?
>>
>>23312689
>Is ballsack worth reading?
Yes.
>Where tf should I start
Start with either:
1. The Unknown Masterpiece -> Sarrasine (short stories),
2. Colonel Chabert (novella), or
3. Old Goriot -> Lost Illusions (his best novels)
>Do you agree?
No, that's ridiculous.
>>
>>23312689
>pointless redundancy and mundane retardation in modern novels
I don't think that's the problem with modern novels.
>>
bump
>>
>>
I want to get the Pléiade series of his work
If I can get it for $200-300 used I will purchase it
>>
>>23312689
Honor the ballsack might be my favorite /lit/ meme
>>
>>23314381
Really? It's hardly a /lit/ meme, it's one of the most obvious jokes you can make.
>>
STOP CALLING HIM THAT
>>
>>23315602
its literally his name bro...
HONOR DA BALLSACK, BITCH
>>
>>23312847
Cousin Bette and The Black Sheep are also very good novels.
>>
>>23312689
Yes, but we have this thread like five times a week and it's the same people telling you the same thing with the same starting point recs. Just wish we actually had discussion threads on his stories rather than on him as a general matter
>>
>>23312689
mémoires de deux jeunes mariées
>>
>resurgance in Ballsack interest
It's because of dragon's dogma 2 isn't it?
>>
>>23316847
I thought this one was just ok. I don't really like when a story is about something then they basically reverse it at the midway point and write along lines of the opposite. I greatly fault Anna Karenina for exactly this. Obviously still a fine work, but out of the 6 or so shorts of his I've read it's one of my least favorite.
>>23316880
What's that retarded game have to do with Big B?
>>
>>23316880
what's that?
>>
>>23316836
Alright, discuss.
>>
>>23316880
Don't think people on this board are that much into manchild hobbies to know what that is.
>>
>>23317824
There are literally people here on this board who read Japanese picture books and call them "magnas". Don't underestimate how fucking dumb and gay some of the niggers you post with are
>>
>>23317954
Well obviously >>23316880 is one the people you've described, but I guess I just don't see them that often.
>>
>>23317824
Sure they are. Reading is for children after all
>>
>>23319857
Well yes if they refuse to read the classics and consume only YA and sci-fi garbage such as yourself.
>>
>>23316836
>we have this thread like five times a week and it's the same people telling you the same thing with the same starting point recs
I should just keep bumping this thread so that people stop making the same thread and posts.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.