[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>>
>>23309655
Society is absurd. There you go.
>>
>>23309655
i was pretty disappointed with this. the whole bureaucracy in the book didn't feel that suffocate nor hopeless to me. idk maybe I'm just used to shit public service
>>
>>23309703
Yeh, he wasn't writing for the modern audience. Westerners back in the day would've read this and thought it was hilariously absurd. If only they knew
>>
>>23309655
I came (metaphorically) when I read this book
It’s a perfect critique of both modern society and religion
>>
>>23309655
I prefer Castle. Haven't read Amerika yet but I think ill like that one more as well
>>
>>23309655
They killed him in the street like a dog....
>>
>>23309655
have you fellas read his diaries? a lot of the entries read like /wwoym/ posts.
>>
>>23309709
They will know. The system is being built, branching out, extending. Bureaucracy's maze is just about ready. Admission is free. There is no exit.
>>
>>23309655
The whole time he is actually being judged by his father who made him feel like he was never enough and then he carried that feeling of inadequacy throughout his whole existence and recognized it within many aspects of his daily, societal life. there you go, midwit
>>
>>23309741
What’s wwoym
>>
>>23312494
Write Whats On Your Mind
>>
>>23312494
First day here?
>>
i like the bit when he gets bored of the conversation with le avocat so he simply leaves and shags leni
>>
>>23309655
Kafka is a giant pussy. I’d like to go back in time and bully him, take his lunch money and stuff
>>
Yeah I didn't get it either. It barely felt absurd and MC had women falling all over his cock.
>>
>>23312534
Yea I got banned from /int/ so I’m going through other boards
>>
>>23311281
Quite cool anon. You should write that down (if you haven't anyway)
>>
>>23313095
start with the greeks
>>
>>23309739
—Like a dog!
Hilarious ending, kinda reminds me of the ending to the Aeneid.
>>
>>23309655
read le procès instead
>>
Guys, I feel like I'm having an aneurism. Was there a scene in a Kafka story where a city was paralyzed because a bunch of foreigners were occupying the streets, and the government was giving into their demands (which were basically just to be fed), and they gave them a live cow to butcher/eat, but they ended up just eating the screaming cow alive. Did I dream this?
>>
>>23314096
It’s the book I’m currently writing based on this idea I’ve stolen from you, for which you will receive no acknowledgement or credit
>>
>>23314105
But I'm 100% sure I read it somewhere

They were like cossacks or something
>>
General advice for reading Kafka: Don't look at his work as a critique of society, at least not primarily. Look at it psychologically, like a nightmare turned real, and try to grasp the essence of its fears.
>>
>>23309655
I always feel somewhat bored when reading Kafka, he does a good job of making me feel slight discomfort with his imagery and scenarios but the absurdist aspect in his works is way overrated.
>>
>>23309655
Just watch the movie
>>
>>23316565
such a good film tbf
>>
It's a sitcom set in a police state. Imagine a laugh track everytime something wacky happens because of bureaucracy and it will make more sense.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.