[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Is transitioning worth it for an attractive man? I look good, but masculine. I am afraid I'll look terrible if I transition, like my face is going to look bad. I have no reason to assume that, my massively protruding forehead is terrible. Will I never be a woman? I promised the five year old kid inside me that cried after waking up from a dream about being a girl that we will one day fulfill that dream. And my therapist said that my skin is beautiful and feminine. What should I do? Everything will look okay aside from face, I am sure
>>
>>35531130
imo use faceapp and very carefully look at what it is changing. it also isn't a bad idea to familiarize yourself with what FFS can do and see if the changes faceapp is making to you are changes that are possible with FFS.

one of the things that convinced me to take the plunge was seeing how good it was making me look with minor changes that fell under probable results for FFS.
>>
There's no way to guarantee it will go how you like. Transition is a Your Mileage May Vary type thing. You do it and you're throwing caution to the wind. If you want it bad enough, throwing caution to the wind is worth. Bit you're taking a risk and if that risk is worse to you than staying cis then just stay cis.

For what it's worth one day of pills is nothing. Just try it.
>>35531130
>>
>>35531130
here's the awful part: it just doesn't fucking matter if it's "worth it" for you or your circumstances make it risky or shitty, you still gotta do it anyway, not because anyone tells you to or to meet societal expectations but because it's the only thing that helps
>>
>>35531186
So if essentially all it did was making my hair longer and eyes larger is it good? I mean I can't enlarge my eyes, but even only with the hair I look okayish. Also it might have gave my face a very slightly slimmer profile
>>
bugwug. if youre attractive as a dude, you will be hella pretty as a lady. fulfill your dream. and also, life as an ugly person ain't so bad. but being inauthentic is suicide-worthy. take your pick. mwah mwah mwah
>>
>>35531244
>here's the awful part: it just doesn't fucking matter if it's "worth it" for you or your circumstances make it risky or shitty, you still gotta do it anyway, not because anyone tells you to or to meet societal expectations but because it's the only thing that helps
im this >>35531186 anon. I have to completely agree with this too. I didn't realize how bad I was fucking my life up with repping until I stopped. I didn't realize how fucked up my brain was on T until it stopped. In hindsight all the convincing I did to myself didn't really matter, this had to be done.
>>
>>35531287
>I didn't realize how bad I was fucking my life up with repping until I stopped. I didn't realize how fucked up my brain was on T until it stopped. In hindsight all the convincing I did to myself didn't really matter, this had to be done.
real
shit sucks and I wish there was more unbiased and less politically charged information available on the basic medical realities of this whole thing, or more people would read about john 50
https://www.avitale.com/essays-details/?name=the-gender-variant-phenomenon--a-developmental-review-5
>>
>>35531249
Exactly what I am getting at.

FFS can do some work with your brow bone which can make your eyes appear bigger (try looking in a mirror and pulling your eyebrows up just a couple MM and see if that substantially changes how you perceive your face).

slightly slimmer could be jaw contouring or it could also be fat distribution. It depends where.
>>
>>35531301
agreed. I don't think the lookism or passing anxiety is helping anybody.

I'm a John 35. Sooo, sooo, soooooo much better than being a John 50. Still. I feel like I am fighting the clock constantly. My number one piece of advice, if you know you are holding back trooning, stop, get it done with, you don't benefit at all by waiting.
>>
>>35531130
Do not listen to anyone here saying attractive man = attractive woman after transition.
Unless your the yaoi bishonen type you will look like a hon with attractive man features because they tend to be very prominent on the face. This is all just from the face body will change on hrt but takes a long time 3-8 years to see bigger changes like fat redistribution.
Do not trust apps like faceapp it makes your eyes larger, hairline lower, neck thinner, along with facial hair shadow.
Look into ffs and see if most of those procedures can fix masculinized face or how bad your case is.
Im not saying you shouldn't be on hrt but do not kid yourself, it will only make you run on the right hormones other than take yeah take your pills and i hope i don't see you on mmg a years later or something.
>>
Don’t transition, don’t get bottom surgery. My neovagina still smells like a Port a Potty 2.5 years post Srs/bottom surgery and there is nothing they can do to help me.…..

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.