[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 630.jpg (31 KB, 484x534)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
Depression isn’t real. I don’t care if you came up to me and told me “here’s 100% definitive proof depression is real.” I still wouldn’t believe in it. Why would I believe in something that takes power away from me? Yeah let me think like people who do believe in it and live a miserable life. THEN, let me go to a psychologist who will reaffirm my belief of depression being real and take mind altering drugs for it that actually cause real damage with real side effects. Thank you society, I can always count on you. Clown world.

"BUT MY DOCTORS! SOCIETY AND THE MEDIA TOLD ME!" Don’t worry, your doctors will give you some pills to solve all your problems so there’s no need to think for yourself. Just do what society goes along with, that always works. How many of these "depressed" people justify living their lives as a victim and not taking any personal accountability?

It's ok, you're brainwashed and your cognitive dissonance won't allow you to see the reality of the situation due to over-socialization. Imagine going through your entire life thinking you're a victim and relying on a flawed, fallible system to resolve all your problems. If you’re feeling down, that’s a natural way of the body telling you you’re a fuckup and that you should do something with your life or take action. Exercise, have a healthy diet, find ways to make money, do new things outside of your comfort zone, etc.

1/3
>>
People are so gullible, naive & easily manipulated, it's unreal. They don't think for themselves. Go ahead and write essays about how you believe in depression to me. It's only hilarious to me because you're trying to push your way of thinking into someone by saying "THIS IS REAL! BELIEVE ME! I'M DEPRESSED!" Ok, stay depressed and miserable. You think I want advice or any type of suggestions from you? You people are the blind leading the blind. I swear in 10-15 years when everyone is lonely from being isolated inside of their homes and need a solution similar to "depression" drugs. The media will go "Did you know, loneliness is the new depression? The NEW silent killer!" They will come out with a drug, call it "Socialempic" and they will go "Have you heard of Socialempic? Yeah, it kind of mimics the feelings you would get when interacting with people in social situations." People will take the drug and go "Thank you big pharma, I know this must be because you care about my wellbeing. Not because you spent $200,000 in laboratory fees making the drug and need to make profit off of us."

If you actually want to argue the research part of it, there was a scientist, Loren Richard Mosher, chief of the Center for Studies of Schizophrenia in the National Institute of Mental Health and he concluded depression isn't a real disease because in most cases, there is nothing actually wrong with the brain and the brain scan shows nothing that would indicate a change.

2/3
>>
This means, there is a lack of objective biological markers. Unlike other medical conditions where there are clear biological markers or abnormalities that can be measured or observed, depression lacks such definitive markers. There is no blood test or imaging technique that can reliably diagnose depression. The diagnosis relies heavily on subjective reports of symptoms, which can be influenced by a variety of factors such as mood, personality, and life circumstances. Additionally, the diagnostic criteria for depression, as outlined in the DSM (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders), have evolved over time and are subject to interpretation. Changes in diagnostic criteria from one edition of the DSM to the next reflect shifting conceptualizations of the condition rather than objective discoveries about its underlying nature. This suggests that depression, as defined by the DSM, is a socially constructed category rather than a fixed biological entity. Furthermore, the experience and expression of depression vary across different cultures, suggesting that it is influenced by social and cultural factors rather than being a universal, biological phenomenon. What may be considered normal emotional responses in one culture could be pathologized as depression in another. This cultural variability undermines the idea of depression as a fixed, universal condition. Lastly, the predominant treatment approach for depression in many Western countries is pharmacotherapy, which often involves the use of antidepressant medications. However, the efficacy of these medications is modest, and their mechanisms of action are not fully understood. The widespread use of antidepressants reflects a medicalization of normal human experiences rather than addressing underlying social or psychological factors.

This is the truth. It might be an unpleasant truth, but it's the truth regardless. Stay brainwashed.

3/3
>>
>>35501913
stop posting this you've done this like six times
>>
>>35501938
This is literally OC you snowflake. Check the archives.
>>
>>35501913
Trust me, its real.
>>
These people dont care. Theyre bugs who wants to fall to the lowest pillar and only do the easy stuff, so they pop pills anytime they feel anything negative. You unfortunately have to live with them so try to benefit from their shit behavior.

>>35502005
The feelings are real, but theres not one easy solution for you.
>>
Yeah, psychology is a bs field. Almost all the diagnoses they come up with they pulled out of their asses. Depression isn't real. People just lead shitty lives that are contrary to their animal nature, and equally contrary to spiritual practices. In fact, mainstream advice encourages people deliberately to do things that will make them unwell--from how they ought to make a living, to how they should handle interpersonal relations. It's all upside down, and if I were Christian I'd simply call it Satanic.
>>
>>35502024
Never said there was.
>>
>>35501913
depression is real
anxiety is real
agoraphobia is real
panic disorder is real
borderline personality disorder is real

i have them all

>depression doing well now because im not alone anymore
>>
>>35501913
>Why would I believe in something that takes power away from me?
le schizophrenia isnt real
>>
>>35501913
>hurr durr depression isnt real just live life to the fullest:
>work out
>make money
i really hate conservatives dude youre so fucking retarded and npc
>>
>>35502204
>depression is real
It's not.
>anxiety is real
It's not.
>agoraphobia is real
It's not.
>panic disorder is real
It's not.
>borderline personality disorder is real
It's not.

>i have them all
No, you're just a filthy fucking transbian.
>>
>>35502851
There you go, making excuses AGAIN.

It's always nothing but fucking excuses with you.

Working out and making money has been scientifically proven to improve your mood you fucking leftwing dunce (I'm not a rightwinger btw).
>>
>>35503026
i want more from life than making money and working out you asshat
>>
>>35503031
Both of those things facilitate options to do what you want to do you imbecile. Discipline is freedom. Otherwise you're just a slave to your impulses and diseases. Take control of your life you whiny sweaty useless bitch.
>>
File: 1542669083202.jpg (11 KB, 251x242)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>35502005
>Source: Trust me
>>
>>35502024
The reason they're depressed is literally because of the pills they're taking.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.