[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1713800187390058.jpg (1.89 MB, 2000x2000)
1.89 MB
1.89 MB JPG
Yeah i know JK Rowling is bad but what can we do about it
>>
>>35500024
Do not reply, do not engage, if it glows stay away
>>
>>35500024
assassination
>>
>>35500024
entomb her using the thousand fold seal of calthungus. Not even the memory of her existence will be able to escape. However considering the hypothetical ramifications of this forbidden spell one has to wonder will harry potter be erased fro existence or will it be like someone else did it. Infact considering how memory is our link to the past it could cause great distortions hence it's forbidden nature yet entombing terfs beyond memory would stop their ideology
>>
>>35500024
She’s not that bad. She speaks her mind. Refute her points with logic. Boom. If you think she’s evil because she doesn’t view trans women as women that’s something else entirely. You cannot police thought and trans women are not cis women so there’s that
>>
>>35500951
>Refute her points with logic. Boom.
I don't think her feelings care about facts
>>
>>35500024
Read a different book.
Sage
>>
>>35500972
You don't necessarily need to convince her, just make anyone else who might be looking think twice. Getting anyone to think more than once these days is an achievement on its own.
>>
>>35500024
Drive her further and further to the extreme until she has a Kanye moment and confesses admiration for Hitler, or some other crazy statement that will turn people against her
>>
>>35501539
She literally already did that and people still defend her.
>>
>>35500024
idk just inform our less terminally online friends about some of the loco shit she says I guess. has worked out pretty well for me so far
>>
>>35501539
She's already getting there herself tbhon.
>>
>>35500024
All this does is make her more popular is especially with how unhinged certain trans people come off like the ones who say “punch terfs” or something. She has support because people agree with what she’s saying.
>>
>>35500951
>refute her points with logic. Boom.
On Twitter? Within a shitty word limit? With what visibility? And to just get blocked?

It's just really shitty to make toxic discourse coming from nigh-untouchable people to hundreds of millions in audience out to be just a matter of "Well refute her" or "Well you cannot change how she thinks". Handling information and influence nowadays is much more complex. People don't want to read that they're wrong or why they're wrong, so they will just keep avoiding it, which is made easier by recommendation algorithms. Information is limitless, but the time you can spend absorbing it is not, and most people would rather just choose to reinforce their views however wrong they might be under scrutiny.

This is how 'free speech' becomes an insidious cult phenomena. It assumes that every human is a rational actor trying to come to a rational conclusion, but that couldn't be further from the truth. It's a problem at the civilizational scale, and we as a species will unironically stagnate without regulation or a solution.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.